Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: The Knockouts Part 2

• Start Topic

I didn’t understand what was so “weird” about Ian’s voice. He has a rasp. A nice rasp, sure, but it’s a rasp. Absolutely nothing weird or even a little bit unusual about that. He was the right choice in that knockout.

”You Oughta Know” is never the right song choice. It’s barely even a song. I couldn’t even sit through that performance.

As much as I like Carter, I do think he needs to figure out what to do with his hands. They don't have to be performing all the time. Experience should help with that.

One of the performances I really didn't like was Jus Jon's "Finesse". That just seemed to be a mess or maybe I just don't know the song well enough, but he seemed awkward and lost. I also didn't really take to Kelsie's "You Oughta Know"

There's praise for Lauren's "Cry Baby", but while I felt it was a good vocal, I'm not sure I liked what her body was doing. It's like she sang well but her body was stiff the whole way through making the performance not quite believable

I watched the show last night for the first time this season. I would have kept the “Cry Baby” girl over her competition, but otherwise I agree with the choices.

i see people here like that country dude Ian, but I didn’t hear anything special about him at all. Between the two country dudes I would pick the Humble and Kind singer. But I don’t like country so I usually never like the winner of this show. To me the best voice last night was the kid, Carter.

I'm late because I have to wait for HULU to drop it so I watched last night. Carter can sing! IMO he should be in the top 3 when we get to the final.

Kelly looks really good in that black and white jumper but why the hell does she have a piece of tile hanging around her neck, lol.

I'm old so when I think of R&B I think of the 60's and 70's Motown sound which was smooth as silk. What these singers call R&B I call screeching.

I'm a huge Janis Joplin fan and hate it when people sing her songs because Janis had so much soul in her voice. She had a huge voice but could also be tender but I have to say I didn't hate the version of Cry Baby last night it was really different maybe that's why.

I hate, hate the coaches whooping and yelling out when the contestants are singing. They make it so obvious who they're going to pick. But I also hate how they'll fawn all over a singer but then they don't steal them when they have the chance.

Have coaches ever kept the singer that they stole from another coach over one of their own?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Have coaches ever kept the singer that they stole from another coach over one of their own?

I think Blake did it a time or two. I don't know if he had the chance to keep Chloe Kohanski after he stole her from Miley over his team.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I hate, hate the coaches whooping and yelling out when the contestants are singing.

I agree.  John and Kelly are the two biggest culprits.  But at least John just keeps it to whoops & cheers because Kelly yells out little quips and wise cracks and it becomes more about Kelly than the performer.  It was cute the first few times she did it but now it is just annoying. 

Edited by Cementhead
spelling
  • Love 3

I agree about the whoops and cheers, but I blame the producers/editors. They could easily not show it, and edit out the audio. Or they could show it, but make the audio not as loud so it's not so distracting from the singing. I doubt the singers can hear it when they're performing, but we're hearing the audio from the judges' personal mics.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, xfuse said:

I think Blake did it a time or two. I don't know if he had the chance to keep Chloe Kohanski after he stole her from Miley over his team.

Blake kept Chloe on his team and she went on to win that season of the show.

• Love 1