Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: The Bear

• Start Topic

When a Russian bomber goes missing while flying over U.S. soil, Callen and Sam must track it down in the desert and secure its weapons and intel before the Russians on board destroy the plane. Also, Hetty gives Nell a cryptic assignment.

Airs 11\08

14 hours ago, threebluestars said:

The memoriam at the end was for David Bellisario, a producer on both NCIS and NCIS LA. He's the son of the show creator Donald Bellisario and was stepbrother to Sean Murray (McGee from NCIS). He died of cancer in the summer.

Thanks, I just looked away for a second and missed it. Sad...

Random thoughts, in no particular order: 

Nell's dress is beyond gross.

Deeks' multiple personality schtick is nuts.

How did the Russian people on the plane not shoot at Sam when he followed the footprints? 

Why did Callan ask if anyone spoke English on the plane when he speaks fluent Russian? 

Did anyone else find it disjointed?  The whole "social distancing" issue seems to have made the episode just seem off.  

1 hour ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Why did Callan ask if anyone spoke English on the plane when he speaks fluent Russian?

My guess would be, they didn't feel like doing subtitles.

I didn't think it felt disjointed, just unusually slow-paced. There normally is a lot more happening on that show.

• Love 2

I thought the writing was just plain sub-par. I usually like this flavor of NCIS and enjoy the interplay between the characters, but everything was just off. 

And what's with Hetty? And WTH was Nell wearing? Pink, ruffles, polka dots with black tights? They're dressing her like she's a 5 year-old and it's extremely unflattering, in the bargain. 

And Nell left NCIS, but came back because Hetty asked her to. To do...what?

I've been missing the show, but I'd rather it stayed away than come back like this.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

And what's with Hetty? And WTH was Nell wearing? Pink, ruffles, polka dots with black tights? They're dressing her like she's a 5 year-old and it's extremely unflattering, in the bargain.

I was most distracted by the shoes. They were bulky and looked almost like rectangles.

• Love 3

The sad part about Nell’s attire is that she didn’t dress like that in her first season or two.   The social distancing was very apparent.   Linda Hunt is older so alone, the actors playing Kensi and Deeks being family, could be close, Sam and Callan sometimes close.  Felt bad for the guys on the plane though.  Close quarters 

• Love 1

Forgot to mention: I'm not sure how I feel about Nell being in charge. Putting her in charge temporarily, okay. But permanently? Considering the experience Callen (the team leader) has and the combined experience of the team as a whole, I would find it a bit ridiculous if they put Nell into a position where she would tell them what to do.

As much as I like him in the field and like him and Sam together, I'd be okay if they put Callen in charge and Nell on the team. Although, they have enough fresh faces on the team, so they wouldn't need to replace Callen on the team if they promoted him.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2020 at 1:40 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

Because he doesn't want to reveal he can speak fluent Russian unless he absolutely has to.  That way he can be privy to any "private" conversations between the two Russian airmen who will assume he can't speak their language.

I've always liked Nell, and I think she'd be good as an administrator coming in with her huge tech skill set.  Time's are a'changin', so when Hetty came in with her huge spycraft skill set, that is what was needed in that position, but today?  Maybe a more tech savvy administrator with some spycraft/field experience is what is needed in today's world.  At least that's my fanwank on that.  It's the only thing that makes sense.  Either that, or there is some critical hidden control room that only women of small stature and slight frame can fit into, and that is why Nell is Hetty's hand picked replacement.

But holy mother of hell...her wardrobe!  This has got to be an inside joke, or have some sort of meaning, because I simply can't believe they're dressing the character like that just because.  Does the actress have some sort of modesty clause in her contract?  Is Nell from some sort of religious order requiring sister-wife clothing?  It isn't just the style, it is the fit--the clothes just don't fit the actress very well.  That has got to be some sort of choice.  Perhaps, as some have surmised, that choice is that wardrobe hates the actress and they choose to express that dislike in her character's awful clothes.  I have a hard time believing Renee Felice Smith is a big jerk in real life, but maybe?

• Love 2

I guess no one ever explained the basics of defecting to that Russkie pilot. When confronted by a soldier of the country you are defecting to, you are supposed to immediately drop your weapon, put your hands in the air, and say "I wish to defect". Shooting said soldier isn't exactly going to endear you to the officials in charge of granting you asylum.

• LOL 3
On 11/8/2020 at 8:14 PM, Raja said:

Son of JAG show can't even animate the correct looking US fighter aircraft  anymore. The start was not promising for the COVID productions

It was weird, the did a decent job on the CGI for the Tu-95, but those fighter planes were a joke.