Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E28: Trump's Handling of Coronavirus/Bill Barr

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

As always, watch then post about this episode only. 

• Start Topic

Whew. So much to talk about here, where to even begin. 

Gee, I sure wish the media would've told us all of this about Barr as he was being picked, instead of pulling their usual "Well, he seems more adult, so...I guess it might be okay?" spheel. Note to the media: Quit falling for this. This is like when they claim Trump's "presidential now!" anytime he makes a speech without going off on some rant or making some bizarre argument or something. The fact is that this administration's picks should always, always be questioned. And if they seem "more adult" than most, that's even more reason to be wary. 

The fact Barr has connections with previous Republican presidents should surprise nobody, really. Also, I love how he's so quick to condemn the violence from protesters, but allowing protesters to be tear-gassed so the president can make a photo op with a Bible is totally okay, or shrug off Trump's constant fanning the flames that leads his supporters to commit violent acts (like, say, potentially kidnapping a governor. Where's Barr's outrage about that?). If the people in power get to be violent or condone violence of their own, they don't get to be surprised or complain when the citizens behave similarly. The people in power, as John so rightly noted, are supposed to set an example. 

And the nitpicking about the pepper spray completely misses the point, which is that our government shouldn't be tear-gassing or approving tear-gassing anyone at all. I don't care what the reason is. That's not what a government is supposed to do to its own people. Period. End of story. 

John's point at the end about how Barr hasn't done near as much to go after Trump's political enemies as he'd like...yeah, and Trump's not too happy about that, which is another big concern. He could get rid of Barr and bring in someone who'd be even more willing to do what he wants them to do.

I was amused at Barr talking about how the left wants to "create a utopia" and all that, though. Oh, no, not a utopia! How...scary? 

As for the pandemic stuff, I mean, what else can be said about that that John hasn't said. He was getting quite emotional towards the end of that segment, and rightly so. How awful to hear about some of his staff being sick with this-I hope they're either okay now or will be soon. I appreciated his point that people who've been sick with this are suffering effects, too, because yeah, the critics keep going on about death rates not being too big and all that, but a) any deaths are awful, so there's that, and b) just because the recovery rates are generally higher, that doesn't mean the virus isn't serious. People are dealing with side effects, some of which may be permanent, and getting sick with this virus at all is shitty, even if you're in a group that may be more likely to survive it. This is not that hard to understand. 

I was surprised to hear that Bush Jr. had even talked about a pandemic response at one point. Mainly just 'cause I didn't realize people  had been thinking about it that far back, but, of course, it makes sense that some would. 

Anywho, yeah, to say I'm on pins and needles would be an understatement, but John's hopes at the end are mine. I would love to see him be able to talk about some positive news for a change. I voted, in person, about a month ago, so I'm good. Here's hoping anyone who goes out on Tuesday has a safe and easy voting experience. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 10

John continues to do his work. I don’t think he’s preaching to the choir, but my fear is that his message doesn’t go beyond his pulpit. Is next week his final episode of the year? That might him screaming nonstop in his void for two straight hours . . . and that’s regardless of any results he has by the taping.

Halloween stuff was cringe until that one guy appeared as John. “And now . . . STAMPS!” It’s not wrong that I laughed, right?

It is so hard to keep track of who needs watching, so the segment on William Barr was informative. While I didn’t need a rehash of the president and his approach to the epidemic . . . yeah, I still need to hear it. And John voted! He got the same “I Voted Early” sticker as me!

I’ll probably rewatch it . . . maybe even not delete it in the long run. It’s not all because I want to constantly hear John reveal that Pinocchio was made as a sex puppet.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Annber03 said:

He was getting quite emotional towards the end of that segment, and rightly so. How awful to hear about some of his staff being sick with this-I hope they're either okay now or will be soon.

And I got emotional right along with him. He takes me on an emotional roller-coaster every damn week, and I love him for the anger and sadness he shows.

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

“And now . . . STAMPS!” It’s not wrong that I laughed, right?

Not at all. That was hilarious!

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

It’s not all because I want to constantly hear John reveal that Pinocchio was made as a sex puppet.

lololololol

• Love 2

Folks, WE DO NOT DISCUSS OUR PERSONAL POLITICS IN THE FORUMS.  

Please talk about the show, not your personal desires for the upcoming election.  John gives us plenty of juicy topics to discuss, from Covid responses to Bill Barr's dreams of presidential sovereignty and all that would mean to Geppetto's sexcapades with Pinnocchio. We understand that viewers of this show are highly likely to be in the same political spectrum as John.  Regardless, if you want to express hopes and fears about the election with fellow posters, please take it to a PM.  

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Halloween stuff was cringe until that one guy appeared as John. “And now . . . STAMPS!” It’s not wrong that I laughed, right?

That was fantastic :D.

I also loved the segment with the people trying to warn kids about how to be safe for Halloween. Gotta love local news, huh :p?

And yes, the Pinocchio bit was amazing. I love the weird tangents/rants this show will go on sometimes. 

7 hours ago, purist said:

And I got emotional right along with him. He takes me on an emotional roller-coaster every damn week, and I love him for the anger and sadness he shows.

Same. It's kind of startling sometimes when a comedian gets serious like that, but I'm glad that he's so passionate. 

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

The Italian politician's tirade about Halloween was hilarious.  My husband is Italian and I have picked up enough knowledge of the language over the years to understand what he was saying. So funny.

LOL!

Is there a Scrooge equivalent for Halloween? 'Cause he'd be a perfect example of that. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, paigow said:

Was that the same guy that wanted to use flamethrowers on large gatherings when the pandemic started?

Yes, it’s the same guy.  The call him “The Sheriff” in Campania.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 2

flamethrowers? Ooooookaaaaayyyy…...

But frankly, I have a slight dislike for Halloween too, or, to be precise, Halloween in Germany. Because it kind of clashes with our own traditions and I just don't get why people can't leave the dressing up and bothering people for sweets for Carnival. I mean, nothing against watching Horrorfilms or even doing a halloweenparty (when there isn't a pandemic going on), but All Hallows Eves is considered more a day to remember the death in Germany, and I think one should respect this and leave people who want to do this in peace.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

as always enjoyed this episode. I just remembered that the election results 4 years ago was what got me to start recording this show and watching it consistently. It's helped keep me sane while informing and enraging me. .. while making me laugh. I should have been recording it the entire time but sometimes I'm just lazy.

• Love 2

Medical provider-the death is just heartbreaking 

trump- yeah that’s so sad.  Here’s a pen.  And more for the rest of you.  Ain’t I great?

just wow.

bill Barr-seriously why can’t we get this information from the actual media?  I mean really.

• Love 5