Type keyword(s) to search

TV Stuff You Own: Memorabilia and Merch

• Start Topic

So I figured I would make a thread for stuff people own from TV shows. It can either be branded merch or actual props and other stuff from shows. Anyone have anything cool?

My two favourites are ones I got from the same trip to NYC in 2010. From the NBC store I picked up a My Name is Earl keychain. I still use it and the funny thing was I bought it after the show was cancelled so it was in a clearance rack. I wanted to get a Conan Tonight Show shirt from the same rack but they didn't have my size.

On the same trip, at the HBO store I found a Gem Saloon lowball glass from the show Deadwood. It was the only thing in that store that wasn't super expensive. I don't drink a lot of hard liquor so I mostly use it at Christmas for rum and eggnog.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 4
(edited)
40 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I have a chakram necklace I ordered from a catalog during the Xena heyday. And an All My Children nightshirt that I bought at Disneyland during a Super Soap Weekend.

Not sure why Disneyland had a Soap weekend but that is kind of funny. Speaking of shirts I also have a Married with Children Al Bundy "Property or Polk High" t shirt. The funny thing is I was on a cruise once and wearing it and some old guy came up to me to ask me if the was the Polk High in whatever state he was from. I can't remember if I told him what it was or if I said it was a different state (by the way I'm Canadian).

I also have on my desk a 3 dimensional Mr. T eraser from when he was on the A-Team (one of the necklaces says BA). The copyright on the back says 1983 so I probably got it in kindergarten or grade 1. Never actually used it and when I moved provinces it came with me.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 2

I don't have itm anymore but when I was a small child, I pestered my poor mother to get me a MisteRoger's album and the thing that was most memorable about it wasn't any of the songs but the fact that the album cover had a lifesized mirror so one could see how unique one was in the world.  

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 5

I have two Living Single T-shirts that I got from eBay in the '90s.  One has the logo and the other is a picture of the four ladies.  From even earlier, I somewhere still have a Friends T-shirt that I ordered from a form in Entertainment Weekly.  I also have a T-shirt of Richard from Caroline in the City that I got that way, and another one from that show that I think was sold at J.C. Penney for some reason.  I have several books about Melrose Place, as well as a novel focusing on Jane and Sydney.  I have "official" books about 3rd Rock From the Sun, Friends (didn't remember that one but it's on the shelf right above this computer), and Days of Our Lives (haven't watched it in eons but I got this book when I started watching in the '90s to get caught up on history).  I also have books featuring "The Year 2000" from Conan's 12:30 show, and David Letterman's Top Ten Lists.

• Love 2

I bought Ken Cosgrove's lighter from a Mad Men props auction. I have a set of The Americans matryoshka dolls I got from eBay, and a pair of Paige's earrings that I'm not 100% sure are really from the show (but they're pretty!). For The Leftovers I bought myself a copy of the May 1972 issue of National Geographic.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have Funko Mr. Rogers and Bob Ross hanging out on my desk at work along with my RBG Action Figure.

That reminds me: I also have my Bob Ross self-painting mug, mints, bobblehead, with mini painting booklet, and coloring book! Love Bob Ross.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Domestic Assassin said:

I bought Ken Cosgrove's lighter from a Mad Men props auction. .

That's pretty cool, do you carry it around or do you have it on display somewhere? 

One other thing I used to have was an old Topo Gigio bobble head piggy bank. I believe he was a puppet character from the Ed Sullivan Show. I inherited it from my grandfather. But a couple of years ago we had carpet installed in the basement and I didn't think and left it on a shelf. I'm pretty sure the installers knocked it off the shelf. The problem is I didn't really notice it was gone until like a month or 2 later so it didn't seem like I could do anything about it.

• Love 3

I almost forgot !

Decades ago, on my one trip to DisneyWorld, I saw it in the discount rack  with stuff that seemed to be no longer promoted by the company but knew she'd love it so I got it for her!. Now,  whenever the weather gets cooler, one can be sure it won't be long before Mama wears her Designing Women sweatshirt

• Love 4

I have a "Up Late With Miss Piggy" coffee mug (Miss Piggy's show-in-a-show from the 2015 show "The Muppets").  I bought it off Amazon. That was a great show; it was a shame it only lasted 1 season.

On a more esoteric note: I have a pair of scissors and a letter opener that was a Christmas present to the crew from the show "Bonanza". I got it from the grandson of the show's cinematographer, Haskell Boggs.

Edited by MaryMitch
  • Love 4

In the 90s, Welsh’s sold jelly in collectible Tom & Jerry glasses and then Looney Tunes a few years later. We ate a ton of jelly so we ended up with several dozen of them. When I moved out and got my own place, my mother used it as an opportunity to unload them to her poor daughter with no dishes. I still have them.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Blergh said:

I almost forgot !

Decades ago, on my one trip to DisneyWorld, I saw it in the discount rack  with stuff that seemed to be no longer promoted by the company but knew she'd love it so I got it for her!. Now,  whenever the weather gets cooler, one can be sure it won't be long before Mama wears her Designing Women sweatshirt

It's funny that Disney trips are a common thing. I went to Disneyland with my parents in the 80s and got a talking Pee Wee Herman doll at some weird toy store somewhere in California. The voice box broke shortly after I got it so it just squeaks, and the box was destroyed during a move. But I found it on my last trip home and now he sits on top of my beer fridge.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Where do I start...?

The ones that come to mind are my South Park watch, Cartman Respect My Authoritiiiiii keychain, and my Worldwide Pants t-shirt.  I know  have more stuff (because I have a lot of stuff), but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. 

• Love 2

I own a stupidly large number of Dr Who shirts.  A friend knitted me a 4th Doctor scarf.  I've also got an adipose plush and cyberman and 4th Doctor funkos.

I also own a Darth Tater Mr. Potatohead and Dangermouse and Penfold plushies.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, dalek said:

I own a stupidly large number of Dr Who shirts.  A friend knitted me a 4th Doctor scarf.  I've also got an adipose plush and cyberman and 4th Doctor funkos.

But no Dalek items?

2 minutes ago, Popples said:

But no Dalek items?

A number of shirts are dalek themed.  also, I own an inflatable dalek and one of the sort of plush daleks where you push a button and it says dalek things.

• Love 1
On 10/30/2020 at 3:03 AM, ShortyMac said:

I love my Sons of Anarchy Collector's Edition Book, and my Orange is the New Black cookbook.

I had no idea OitNB had a cookbook! I went right to Amazon and ordered one when I read your post. Does it include Prison Loaf or instant meals doctored with packets of ramen noodle flavoring? I take it the "special sandwich" Red served to Piper after Piper insulted her cooking isn't included.

I never collected TV merch as a kid, but as an adult I have obtained a T shirt saying "Do not call me at 7:00" from thejeopardyfan.com. I also have a pen from my Jeopardy! audition.

I have a Mad Men cookbook and a CD purporting to be the music used on the show, but which is actually a random collection of 60's songs. Boo!

Plus, the complete critical companion to Mad Men and to Breaking Bad.

I bought an I Love Lucy jacket at the Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz Museum in Jamestown, NY.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

My TV stuff includes a stress ball in the shape of an anatomical heart with the Hannibal logo, a plastic business card with the alphabet used for the tv show/movie Alien Nation that you could use to decipher Tenctonese graffiti, a Bada Bing! glass from The Sopranos, a couple of bottles of True Blood soda, a vintage Watchers pendant from the old Highlander tv series, and an 'audio book' that is nothing but Agent Cooper's Dictaphone notes to Diane. There's also a few Funko Pops, and then 30+ books, but no one really wants to see all that listed.

• Love 2

I still have a set of collectible character cards I bought during the original run of Twin Peaks.

I really wish I had kept the X-Files "The truth is out there" t-shirt I got when the show was at its peak. Unfortunately, I gave it away during a time when I was feeling super self-conscious and was getting rid of anything that showed even a hint of personality. Oh, well. Hopefully someone else got some enjoyment from it.

• Love 2

I used to have a ridiculous amount of X-Files merchandise, but I sold/donated it all about 15 years ago -- except for my Mulder and Scully action figures from the first movie.  Those guard the TV in my home office.

• Love 3