Type keyword(s) to search

Dating Naked - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Found this article on VH1's site.  http://www.vh1.com/news/206728/dating-nakeds-kerri-explains-why-she-didnt-choose-chris-and-how-shes-actually-friends-with-fallon/

Interesting read.  Kerri and Mason are NOT together.  Apparently on their way home from the island he told her he was interested in someone else.  She seems to recognise that they just need to build their friendship and says that her initial concerns about him proved valid.

As for Chris, she says she recognised that he was a nice guy but was at heart a "chaser of shiny objects", meaning girls like Fallon and Elissa.  So she seems to be saying that he's shallow and superficial.  Which probably is spot on.

She has several pictures on what I think is instagram.  http://websta.me/n/kerricipvh1  I see Justin, Elissa, Fallon, and a bunch of people I don't really recognise.  Is the guy in the backwards baseball hat Dan?

Unless Mason had someone at home and was lying to Kerri (and the producers) the whole time, it would seem he fell for one of Chris' dates since he never left the island until after the finale with Kerri.  I'm thinking all the dates stayed until after the finale so no clues would be given away before the season aired.

• Love 1

I liked the format a lot. I got invested in Chris and Kerri. I liked them so much I even follow them on Instagram. They have stayed very good friends. And Kerri is good friends with Justin, Fallon, and the Coyote Ugly girl...Alyssa?

In the Season 3 premiere, two new singles, Natalie and David, arrive in Bora Bora on a quest for love. Later, Natalie's rescued from her disastrous first date by her second suitor, a lifeguard; and David's introduced to a nurse and a female bodybuilder.

Like last season, it looks like the guy gets a series of knockouts while the woman gets a carnival of freaks.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, asemumma said:

I wonder if Vinny will look at his behavior and be embarrassed? Or if that's just Vinny and how he is- loud & proud? What a dumbass.

Probably who he is. It was funny how the cameras kept showing him popping up while they tried to have happy time- even the shower. Funny!

(edited)
9 hours ago, portfino said:

Like last season, it looks like the guy gets a series of knockouts while the woman gets a carnival of freaks.

Gad, I sure hope not. Though the preview of the elderly man does not bode well. I would like to think they'll alternate weeks of freak show contestants - one normal and one weirdo for the girl this week, switch it for next - so the editors get to do both dramatic and hilarious.

Season might be good - so far I think I like the two leads better than last season's.

Edited by Dewey Decimate
  • Love 1

Vinny was embarrassing to watch.  Are the producers that hard up for participants that they would put a jackass like Vinny on the show?  He was weird, and not funny in the least; he came across as someone who had serious mental problems.  Insane. That's the word. Ugh!

I liked the two main characters from last season and I like the guy this season, but not the girl.  

Based on the previews they showed, there are more oddballs to come.  Besides David and Natalie, didn't any semi-normal people audition for the show?  This surprises me, considering all of the attention seekers out there. I guess "naked" is the point where even fame whores draw the line.  

Thanks black wing...as I was watching S3E1 I was wondering if Kerri and Mason were still together. Great research! I'm looking forward to this new season.  David is REALLY handsome and well spoken, love that!  Natalie seems super sweet...but time will tell how they both pan out... I guess 

When Vinny did the "mangina" thing, I literally gasped and covered my mouth. What. On. Earth. was that guy thinking? It was hilarious when he was basically stalking Natalie and the other guy, Zack? It was like every time he popped up he needed an ominous music sting.

Poor Dorothy. She is not the first person to learn the hard way on this show that "I'm gonna make him come to me" is not the best way to go sometimes. 

I'm probably too glad that this mess of a show is back. It's so egregiously awful I can't help but like it. I'm glad they have a new host lady, she seems funny.

41 minutes ago, vinnieprice said:

When Vinny did the "mangina" thing, I literally gasped and covered my mouth. What. On. Earth. was that guy thinking? It was hilarious when he was basically stalking Natalie and the other guy, Zack? It was like every time he popped up he needed an ominous music sting.

Poor Dorothy. She is not the first person to learn the hard way on this show that "I'm gonna make him come to me" is not the best way to go sometimes. 

I'm probably too glad that this mess of a show is back. It's so egregiously awful I can't help but like it. I'm glad they have a new host lady, she seems funny.

I love this show, but could never do the naked thing. Some of the guys sit all spread eagle. Like DUDE!!! Anywhooo mangina was tooooo toooo much. I was embarrassed and that takes a lot for me.

Ehhh... this is starting to feel so manufactured. Willie asks Zak for a condom, when he knows Zak likes main chick? Nadica, the only person (oh yeah, other than the camera guys) who can corroborate, happened to just stomp off the beach in platform shoes? Main chick can't figure out who's telling the truth? Ugh. I really preferred the season 1 format, as goofy as it was. I don't watch any of those Bachelor-style shows, and don't enjoy this one being turned into another (albeit with more butt cheeks). I want summer junk food, and the poorly-acted drama is not the candy I'm looking for. *sigh*

Natalie is the worst actress ever. Everything in that confrontation scene and then at the Elimination ceremony was clearly fake. Also, the tradition that the main guy gets mostly good dates while the main woman gets losers - or guys edited to look like losers - continues. I think I saw the second date's lips actually move once for the repeated "nice nice" s.

I think they got lucky with Chris and Kerri last season. Even though they weren't my cup of tea, I think they resonated with most of the audience. But I agree that the original format was better. I do prefer the new host.

• Love 2

I didn't even realise the new season had started.  Only saw the last few minutes of this episode while flipping channels.  The main guy seems like a decent guy, and I'm impressed that they actually cast a minority contestant in the lead.  Have any other TV dating shows ever cast a non-white person as the lead?

However, I find the main girl extremely irritating.  Her manner of speech is hard to take.  I much preferred Kerri from last season.  She was beautiful and seemed to generally make well-thought out decisions.  This one seems like an airhead.

• Love 1

That darned Nadica was nutty! I was so tired of her! The lead guy showed great restraint with her because it was clear that his patience was wearing thin. He was so happy she went into the water with that other guy. That lil Trollope. And why would that guy sabotage his ability to stay there? I think she would have picked him.

6 hours ago, blackwing said:

I didn't even realise the new season had started.  Only saw the last few minutes of this episode while flipping channels.  The main guy seems like a decent guy, and I'm impressed that they actually cast a minority contestant in the lead.  Have any other TV dating shows ever cast a non-white person as the lead?

However, I find the main girl extremely irritating.  Her manner of speech is hard to take.  I much preferred Kerri from last season.  She was beautiful and seemed to generally make well-thought out decisions.  This one seems like an airhead.

There isn't really anything groundbreaking about his casting when vh1 is the channel. This is the channel that birthed the Flava Flav universe and has multiple reality shows with all black casts on a rotation. It's good to see but just not very interesting coming from this channel.

The two dancing  (looking like hip hop aerobics) was Hella awkward with the whole nude aspect. She even dropped down and straddled the chair at point. Very distracting. 

I may be wrong but I feel like the main girl may have a preference or just has dated multiple black in her life leading to the black dudes casting. Just a hunch but I'm leading towards that theory. Especially after seeing that her dance style is low rent step up style dancing.

• Love 1

Nicole acts possessive of David when he brings two women to the house; Natalie's feelings for Zakk intensify, but Zakk's insecurity surfaces when he meets the two new men in Natalie's life.

Natalie dates a swinging golf pro and a man who is old enough to be her grandfather; David dates a woman who is an emotional rollercoaster and another who turns from nice to naughty.

Tonight was just awful, with the idiotic "stunt" casting of the old dude, and pointless cat fighting. The S1 format was so much more fun; this style just feels like a long build for "oh look, the two main ones like each other". Boring. I don't give a shit about drama with the keepers, or following the main daters' "journey" - ugh.

Did David's first date really just consist of drinks from a cart on the beach, or did that weirdo phobia crying woman just freak out too much to even do a silly activity?

(edited)

I don't think Natalie should have been forced to keep any of those guys. I kind of like her because she has consistently seen through and chosen to jettison anyone who is obnoxious, and she appreciates the personalities of even the ones she's not attracted to. I realize that's a low bar to set for a human being, but Dave is kind of mesmerized by his attraction to basically all the women who show up, and keeps thinking they're "the one" until the next one arrives.

I think the format is a losing one, though. It forces the "host" couple to juggle multiple prospects, all of whom have nothing else to do but wait around passively for a verdict, compete for attention, engage each other and get labeled players by the "hosts," or bow out and get labeled as not interested. The way they did the first season had less drama, and more of a lightness to it, but I guess they probably changed the format deliberately to generate more drama, since that seems to be what drives ratings for a lot of shows.

I think finding a real match in one of these situations is unlikely, whichever format they use. So they might as well be honest and just make it a fun/gimmicky twist on dating in general, and not pretend it's really going to be a marriage factory.

ETA: The vampire story... does anyone think the guy checked out when Natalie said she had had a hard time deciding to keep him? He hadn't been acting distant or weird before then. I thought in that moment he decided to check out and made up the vampire stuff to make a mockery of the proceedings, and facilitate getting the boot. As a tactic, it's less obnoxious than calling people whores and starting a brawl, I guess, but it was still pretty ridiculous.

Edited by possibilities
vampires!
  • Love 2

Natalie feels like a third wheel with David and Sarah, until she swims with sharks on one date and works out with another guy at the outdoor gym.  Later, David and Sarah's new romance is tested after he brings two other ladies back to the house.

I somehow knew Sarah was a goner from the beginning of the episode. The whole hour was kind of a snoozer, although I'm glad Natalie finally had a couple of options. (Even though her keeper may have some reservations, according to the teaser for the next episode. She can't catch a break!)

I actually think that doing this show to find a real relationship is the less realistic approach, and doing it just for fun is probably the smartest way to do it.

Yet Dave annoys me because he keeps pretending he's looking for something serious, when he really isn't.

• Love 2

David divides his time between his tribal-dance partner and Italian-cooking classmate; and Natalie spends time with a former "guido" and a well-endowed man.  Later, David and Natalie continue to bond.

Calling it now: the Ryan Gosling lookalike with commitment issues will make a late-season return, having learned some personal hoo-ha about what's really important, and it will come down to David vs DahVEED.  This was just the show's way of not featuring the same guy for the trillion more episodes we have remaining, which would have made the final episode a total anticlimax.

• Love 3

I use to enjoy this season, but this episode pissed me off. 1. David sent all those girls home to satisfy Nicole - who had been developing connections with her dates and Daveed. That's bull. 2. How can Natalie get mad when the girls interrupted her date, when she's been cock blocking his? What was that shit she was doing in the pool while he was with his keeper? I think he messed up letting the ATL girl go. He liked her.

• Love 1

Thought that David's connection with Deja was pretty good until she kinda became Varshay's side kick and slowly disappeared from the rest of the episode. 

David seems to have a pattern of dumping every girl he beds on the next episode.... Sad

• Love 1
19 hours ago, GenY said:

Thought that David's connection with Deja was pretty good until she kinda became Varshay's side kick and slowly disappeared from the rest of the episode. 

David seems to have a pattern of dumping every girl he beds on the next episode.... Sad

I can go with that. I also think they became sidekicks upon knowing he was involved in something with Nicole.

She really isn't that great - he's messing up.

• Love 1

Natalie and David's relationship takes a major leap, so the Keepers must step up their game. It's a tug-of-war for Natalie's affections while David is just trying to stay afloat with his new dates.

There have been lots of thin women, though. Is she the first blonde? And her personality is a complete zero. He didn't even ask her any of the questions he asked other dates, so apparently the chemistry is over the top. But when he did finally try to ask her to talk more, she drew a total blank. TOTAL. It's creepy.

I don't even understand why Natalie still wants David. She doesn't respect him, and the way he's acting shows that they have different priorities. Meanwhile, she's totally ignoring the guys she says she does like and respect and have fun with, who say they return her feelings.

It's hard to take any of this even remotely seriously anymore, because it's clearly so edited/scripted that it's not even making sense anymore. I need to stop watching. It's weirdly addictive, but I think I really am going to quit at the end of the season. I pulled the plug on watching "Catfish" too, finally. There is a point at which the implausibly ridiculous has gone so far that I just can't watch anymore.

• Love 3

Man, I loved the first season of this show, even the insanely weird, much maligned wedding episode. This'll be the last season I watch, unless they change the format back. I'm sick of watching David's mugging for the camera, claiming to look for a "connection" or "spark", when it's pretty clear he just wants some poontang. I'm sick of watching Natalie claim to make these "strong" connections with seemingly normal, attractive men, then self-create a wall of invisible ice between her and them while she steams in the hot tub, bitch-facing the fuck out of David and his latest sex-barnacle. Everything feels so fucking scripted, and I do not give a shit about the main couple's journey

• Love 6

I said in an earlier episode that I think the show got lucky with the two leads last season, even if I didn't like it, but it wasn't sustainable.

I'm still trying to figure out why the male lead gets a string of knockouts while the main female gets a parade of losers. I suspect it's because they want to force the female lead to develop feelings for him. But I also wonder if they get fewer women willing to do the show and promise them positive edits, forcing them to use the male daters as comic relief.

• Love 1