Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I am not a fan of Derek, but... I think Heather is horrible.  She does not want to give an inch.  After their fight, he came back to talk, he offered a different point of view.  He also stated that after the smoking discussion, he didn't smoke anymore on the trip.  All she did was repeat herself.  I believe someone said earlier that she wanted to be the head of the couple and no vote for Dereks choice of who is in charge

• Love 1
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Heather is reading from the Book of Ashley...

Repeat the same reason over and over and over in the THs.

"He smokes too much" is the new "He cheated."

Countdown on when Heather's ulterior motive for being on the show is revealed...3..2..1..

2 hours ago, ctbabe said:

Really??? So they continued... hmmmmm.. Maybe Heather would give it a chance 

2 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Surprises me as well, considering she checked out day 2 and they do not look like they move in together after the honeymoon I thought that she would choose to bolt at the first opportunity.

I am also a bit WTF about Sonia & Nick going to a tantric healer, maybe it will kick start something but he just looks so awkward even kissing her I can't imagine him doing this session well.

Well it figures they have to drag it out and I am sure they told them they better stick it out. It doesn't seem this show let's either just walk away if they aren't feeling it or whatever reason. They are made to stick it out. Look how it was last season, the made Neil stick with abusive Sam and even after Ashley said she wasn't attracted to David she was made to stay. Which IMO is wrong for so many reasons to do this. Especially when after you hear Neil say he had to go see a therapist to deal with it all. 

Agree he is awkward with kissing her. He just is not into her at all. Not sure why the bother of a tantric healer at all. At this point if they can even be friends I think it will be a miracle because it seems he is there to just push his clothing line. 

34 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Tell us Heather's ulterior motives, please.

Guessing it isn't to advertise her upcoming  How to have a Happy Honeymoon Workshop.

I would like to know that too because I don't see it. I find it obvious when these people do have ulterior motives but with her I'd love to know why a couple people think it. Its not going to give her business or help her career since she seems to love being a flight attendant. I don't see her after doing more reality tv or anything of the sort. SMH

• Love 3
2 hours ago, crazychicken said:

I am also a bit WTF about Sonia & Nick going to a tantric healer, maybe it will kick start something but he just looks so awkward even kissing her I can't imagine him doing this session well.

I agree on the WTF. I guess once again the previews for the next episode implied what doesn't actually happen. Or worse they do have sex and never do again due to a lack of sexual chemistry. Shocker. Not. Lol. 

I can't believe Heather and Derek are still hanging on in episode 8. It must be for the money. I wonder if they get compensated if they make it to the end?

It would be hilarious and shocking if they were the only couple that continued on after the show. Not likely, but still, the thought of that happening would make for a great twist on the show.

23 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Agree he is awkward with kissing her. He just is not into her at all. Not sure why the bother of a tantric healer at all. At this point if they can even be friends I think it will be a miracle because it seems he is there to just push his clothing line. 

I agree about the kissing, to a point. Nick IMO wasn't always awkward with the romantic gestures. During and after the wedding, even the first day of their honeymoon he wasn't awkward with the kisses but then things got kind of weird. They even stopped holding hands. Don't know if the producers asked him to do this to bring some drama to their storyline or what. But it was just strange. 

All of that said, I do think Nick and Sonia will become real friends.  They IMO seem the most genuine in their affinity for each other or maybe they're just dam good actors. Lol. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Enero said:

I agree on the WTF. I guess once again the previews for the next episode implied what doesn't actually happen. Or worse they do have sex and never do again due to a lack of sexual chemistry. Shocker. Not. Lol. 

I can't believe Heather and Derek are still hanging on in episode 8. It must be for the money. I wonder if they get compensated if they make it to the end?

It would be hilarious and shocking if they were the only couple that continued on after the show. Not likely, but still, the thought of that happening would make for a great twist on the show.

I agree about the kissing, to a point. Nick IMO wasn't always awkward with the romantic gestures. During and after the wedding, even the first day of their honeymoon he wasn't awkward with the kisses but then things got kind of weird. They even stopped holding hands. Don't know if the producers asked him to do this to bring some drama to their storyline or what. But it was just strange. 

All of that said, I do think Nick and Sonia will become real friends.  They IMO seem the most genuine in their affinity for each other or maybe they're just dam good actors. Lol. 

I'm guessing they will last or atleast stay together on the final she just seems so happy about the experience for it to be a bad outcome and their is little hints here and there

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Enero said:

I don't think it's because of money. I remember Rachel's interview. She was talking about how strong Heather is and that we would see it. I think she decided to give it another shot. 

As a flight attendant she knows how to fake being nice to passengers as she smiles and nods.

Buh-bye, buh-bye, buh-bye as the flyers/cattle file out through the aisle/chute.

She could conjure up her inner nice person and to act civilly to her husband for a couple of weeks.

However, if he misinterprets her niceness as an invitation to sex, she will lower the hammer... hard.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

As a flight attendant she knows how to fake being nice to passengers as she smiles and nods.

Buh-bye, buh-bye, buh-bye as the flyers/cattle file out through the aisle/chute.

She could conjure up her inner nice person and to act civilly to her husband for a couple of weeks.

However, if he misinterprets her niceness as an invitation to sex, she will lower the hammer... hard.

That's my problem with her. As a flight attendant, she should know how to descalate issues.. when he came back to talk to her on the balcony, she could have tried resolving the issue. The flirting issue is also a tiny issue that she could have handled easily.. 

I do think Derek is better than David at reading cues. He definitely knows when she is faking niceness. 

• Love 3

I want to stress again as someone that has worked on a reality tv show editing team don't read to much into the previews or the episodes now they are trying to create some unknown so you don't know the ending of everything could predict the ending by now then there would be no point in watching the ending

• Love 2

For me knowing who stayed together would not ruin it for me, I would probably watch more intently to see how their communication and connection developed. I feel they are actually shooting themselves on the foot with the drama as I start to become annoyed at the participants so am no longer rooting for them to last. It is the dramatic editting of the show that has turn it into the mess it is today the first season was so much more authentic even with Jamie involved.

• Love 6

Flight attendants aren't emotionally involved (not suggesting attraction) with the passengers (cattle) and they are doing a basically repetitive job that they are well trained for. I'm not taking up for Heather, just talking. I don't think any of them can prepare for this. They are probably exhausted, hung over, slightly or completely wasted. Didn't Dereck say day 5 of the marriage and day 2 of the honeymoon?  A lot could have happened in three days. Anyway my favorite part of MAFS is my friends right here, after all we've been working on our relationships for a long time??. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Waterlilly said:

Flight attendants aren't emotionally involved (not suggesting attraction) with the passengers (cattle) and they are doing a basically repetitive job that they are well trained for. I'm not taking up for Heather, just talking. I don't think any of them can prepare for this. They are probably exhausted, hung over, slightly or completely wasted. Didn't Dereck say day 5 of the marriage and day 2 of the honeymoon?  A lot could have happened in three days. Anyway my favorite part of MAFS is my friends right here, after all we've been working on our relationships for a long time??. 

He said Day 2 of the marriage not of the honeymoon. 

45 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

For me knowing who stayed together would not ruin it for me, I would probably watch more intently to see how their communication and connection developed. I feel they are actually shooting themselves on the foot with the drama as I start to become annoyed at the participants so am no longer rooting for them to last. It is the dramatic editting of the show that has turn it into the mess it is today the first season was so much more authentic even with Jamie involved.

From what I heard from someone close to the show none of the cast is this season will be successful he didn't go into detail now I know for producers a good season is good ratings but I think he meant a successful couple because the last two seasons had amazing ratings but it was looked at by the wider public as failure 

That's why whenever you hear the producers of the show talk they are very happy with the show because the show makes money and the producers get paid to put together a show that brings ratings they don't get paid based off of the successful couples

Once the show is green lit and the filming starts they can't just go redo a whole show if their isn't successful couples what usually Happens after the first couple seasons the network will give the go ahead and see the outcome then green lit

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, mbarry said:

From what I heard from someone close to the show none of the cast is this season will be successful he didn't go into detail now I know for producers a good season is good ratings but I think he meant a successful couple because the last two seasons had amazing ratings but it was looked at by the wider public as failure 

rs_500x281-151207163846-Krismas-Crying.g

Oh nooo!:(  I'm disappointed, but not surprised, I guess.

12 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

I dont believe it. 

That's why it took a and e so long to announce this season because I think they were waiting for the results of the show to end filming I thought it was going to get cancelled because they were getting really bad headlines from the Ryan and Jessica situation they really messed up castings himcasting him

15 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

rs_500x281-151207163846-Krismas-Crying.g

Oh nooo!:(  I'm disappointed, but not surprised, I guess.

Nothing I wrote there is something you should be disappointed in I just heard something from a former person I interned on another show with will see if it's true

2 hours ago, mbarry said:

That's why whenever you hear the producers of the show talk they are very happy with the show because the show makes money and the producers get paid to put together a show that brings ratings they don't get paid based off of the successful couples

Once the show is green lit and the filming starts they can't just go redo a whole show if their isn't successful couples what usually Happens after the first couple seasons the network will give the go ahead and see the outcome then green lit

You're confirming what many of us already knew, that for the most part this show is staged. I think it's just pure luck if paricipants actually find a real love and a spouse on the show. 

Thanks for the heads up. This is really not surprising at all considering what we're seeing so far. Lily/Tom are way ahead of themselves and thus destined to crash and burn. Nick/Sonia are great at being best buddies but there's no sexual tension there and Heather/Derek are a train wreck beyond repair.  I do think some friendships will come out of this though. I think Sonia and Lily connected. Weren't there pictures of them together on Instagram? I also remember them sitting together and chatting during one of the scenes of the casting workshops. 

Well i hope one or two couples find love. Otherwise change name "Bad extended first dates".                           While I hope to see romances develop I totally sympatize with Heather. If a guy really turned me off I could not fake for cameras and "experiment"

Now...here is what I am finding weird..

1) Every couple every season moved into a new shared space.they didnt live with Doug's parents or stay in Ryans basement. SO WHY the live in bus drama?????

2) The experts made a big deal that Nick smokes occasionally...Pepper even did a talking head saying he is great but hard to match cause of his smoking...THEN ALL SMOKING DRAMA IS DEREK????

What the what the??

Edited by Stillhoping
  • Love 1

That's why it took a and e so long to announce this season because I think they were waiting for the results of the show to end filming I thought it was going to get cancelled because they were getting really bad headlines from the Ryan and Jessica situation they really messed up castings himcasting him

Nothing I wrote there is something you should be disappointed in I just heard something from a former person I interned on another show with will see if it's true

But it didn't take them that long to announce the season, the couples were married in April (see original spoiler thread) so been less than five months which means they probably haven't even filmed the reunion so it doesn't seem like the filming to air was much different than previous seasons and this network usually announces specific premiere dates only two or three months beforehand. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Stillhoping said:

Well i hope one or two couples find love. Otherwise change name "Bad extended first dates".                           While I hope to see romances develop I totally sympatize with Heather. If a guy really turned me off I could not fake for cameras and "experiment"

Now...here is what I am finding weird..

1) Every couple every season moved into a new shared space.they didnt live with Doug's parents or stay in Ryans basement. SO WHY the live in bus drama?????

2) The experts made a big deal that Nick smokes occasionally...Pepper even did a talking head saying he is great but hard to match cause of his smoking...THEN ALL SMOKING DRAMA IS DEREK????

What the what the??

1. The bus drama Is just drama. From the preview, it seems Tom and Lillian moved to a neutral location 

2. Maybe they would get to it. It's just episode 5.

36 minutes ago, Stillhoping said:

Sonia smokes too so I guess it's not an issue for them.

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

But it didn't take them that long to announce the season, the couples were married in April (see original spoiler thread) so been less than five months which means they probably haven't even filmed the reunion so it doesn't seem like the filming to air was much different than previous seasons and this network usually announces specific premiere dates only two or three months beforehand. 

It was longer I think but I do believe this season is a make or break I think their casting for another season but the link they gave on Facebook no longer works

the one difference I do realize from season to season even tho their going through the same casting process it does seem a little rushed they are letting people like Heather and Ashley through that they didn't let through the first season it's either the two completely lied on their questionnaires and to the experts or the casting professionals over looked somethings

Looking at the MAFS casting page on Facebook they started events to cast Miami in Oct last year and Chicago March this year, so assuming they casting process is again 6 months they should begin filming within the next month. It wouldn't be much to hold off another few months until this season is over but I think they will keep milking it since it is the break out show for FYI

I wonder how the ratings compare across seasons, does anybody know where to find them?

5 hours ago, mbarry said:

Yet didn't you say earlier when the show started that your contact said that at least 1 or 2 were a success? So now its no one? 

5 hours ago, mbarry said:

I didn't think it too long before talking about another season. The way it is nowadays with all types of shows. Its not just reality. Heck Castle fans found out what, a week before the last episode that it was going to be the end? Nashville was about the same way too. Some shows weren't given the go ahead either until the last minute of the seasons. But during that whole mess with Season 2, they already had the next season married and filming. This last season it wasn't to long in that word was out that the next batch was married and filming. So I can see the Chicago set already on their way to getting married and filming. Which of course the link wouldn't be working for applying to the show if they are done casting the next season and they are set to go. Now I wouldn't be surprised though IF it was the last season considering how the show has been after the first season but that is the "experts" and productions fault for casting more for drama. 

• Love 5

They're already filming in Chicago - I think the weddings happened in early August per expert/producer pics on social media. That means they picked participants way before they could see what this season would turn into. I can't imagine this show lasting after S5 unless they pay a couple a ton of money to stay together. And even then, this isn't a bachelor-type show where the couple would do tons of press and get lots of publicity. It's not that big.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Yet didn't you say earlier when the show started that your contact said that at least 1 or 2 were a success? So now its no one? 

I didn't think it too long before talking about another season. The way it is nowadays with all types of shows. Its not just reality. Heck Castle fans found out what, a week before the last episode that it was going to be the end? Nashville was about the same way too. Some shows weren't given the go ahead either until the last minute of the seasons. But during that whole mess with Season 2, they already had the next season married and filming. This last season it wasn't to long in that word was out that the next batch was married and filming. So I can see the Chicago set already on their way to getting married and filming. Which of course the link wouldn't be working for applying to the show if they are done casting the next season and they are set to go. Now I wouldn't be surprised though IF it was the last season considering how the show has been after the first season but that is the "experts" and productions fault for casting more for drama. 

I heard the show was going to be successful that means different things to different people to us that means a successful couple to the prodcuers and network that might mean good ratings like last season it was a success to the producers and the network because it got good ratings but to us it was horrible now I think their will be a successful couple this season because how can you have a so called experiment go on 3 season without that so called experiment turning into the bachelor where you have couples that don't last long but they don't care because the ratings are amazing I've worked for this production company before they are amazing at what they do I might go back into the production field but I've switched careers 

Edited by mbarry
7 minutes ago, mbarry said:

Last season their was a successful couple Vanessa and tre but they didn't work out after the show wbls fault is that? The show or them?

That is what is strange to me, production call the couples successful if they choose to stay married on decision day but the whole premise of the show was to see if science could produce long lasting marriages. I can not remember who remained together at the 6 week mark but by 6 months all season 2 & 3 couples had split, so I call all those marriages a failure. Just looked at wiki 5/9 stayed together on decision day so they claim 55% success while in reality it is 22% at least until Jamie gets offered a divorce special. So my answer is the matching process sucks and is to blame, as other have said it is just an entertainment show now. Due to the drama content I struggle to root for any of the couples and that is solely down to production. The first season the biggest drama was Doug lied about a cigarette and Vaughn suggested a threesome it was just a,lot more organic. I would love for the show to go a less dramatic route so that I want to see the couples succeed, that is why I still love the Australian version.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

That is what is strange to me, production call the couples successful if they choose to stay married on decision day but the whole premise of the show was to see if science could produce long lasting marriages. I can not remember who remained together at the 6 week mark but by 6 months all season 2 & 3 couples had split, so I call all those marriages a failure. Just looked at wiki 5/9 stayed together on decision day so they claim 55% success while in reality it is 22% at least until Jamie gets offered a divorce special. So my answer is the matching process sucks and is to blame, as other have said it is just an entertainment show now. Due to the drama content I struggle to root for any of the couples and that is solely down to production. The first season the biggest drama was Doug lied about a cigarette and Vaughn suggested a threesome it was just a,lot more organic. I would love for the show to go a less dramatic route so that I want to see the couples succeed, that is why I still love the Australian version.

You can't go the less drama route when it's on a and e that's why I wish the show would go back to FYI where they were able to be more serious and make sure the couples were 100 percent right the problem isn't the matching the department is the casting department you can only match what your given 

58 minutes ago, mbarry said:

I heard the show was going to be successful that means different things to different people to us that means a successful couple to the prodcuers and network that might mean good ratings like last season it was a success to the producers and the network because it got good ratings but to us it was horrible now I think their will be a successful couple this season because how can you have a so called experiment go on 3 season without that so called experiment turning into the bachelor where you have couples that don't last long but they don't care because the ratings are amazing I've worked for this production company before they are amazing at what they do I might go back into the production field but I've switched careers 

Doesn't this come from the same source that said Neil and Sam work out? If so they have no credit to what they say.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, mbarry said:

You can't go the less drama route when it's on a and e that's why I wish the show would go back to FYI where they were able to be more serious and make sure the couples were 100 percent right the problem isn't the matching the department is the casting department you can only match what your given 

No the experts were quite clear from the start if they did not believe in the matches the show would not go ahead Dr C banged on about it constantly online, so the crap matches are the experts fault the drama is productions fault. The channel is a cop out it is still produced by the same company, they both contain the same content during season 2 I noticed that A&E's previews were more dramatic but the show was the same (FYI had a few extended scenes that were online after but the show was the same). I just watched the A & E preview for the next episode and it was way less dramatic than FYI's, they do not seem to be promoting the show very much online anymore, I wonder if they will dump it.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

No the experts were quite clear from the start if they did not believe in the matches the show would not go ahead Dr C banged on about it constantly online, so the crap matches are the experts fault the drama is productions fault. The channel is a cop out it is still produced by the same company, they both contain the same content during season 2 I noticed that A&E's previews were more dramatic but the show was the same (FYI had a few extended scenes that were

31 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

No the experts were quite clear from the start if they did not believe in the matches the show would not go ahead Dr C banged on about it constantly online, so the crap matches are the experts fault the drama is productions fault. The channel is a cop out it is still produced by the same company, they both contain the same content during season 2 I noticed that A&E's previews were more dramatic but the show was the same (FYI had a few extended scenes that were online after but the show was the same). I just watched the A & E preview for the next episode and it was way less dramatic than FYI's, they do not seem to be promoting the show very much online anymore, I wonder if they will dump it.

from the point of view of the show its always the cast fault that's why whenever the experts got into hot water on the 6 month later show they would always turn in back on the cast after they put Jessica and Ryan together I knew those experts weren't going to come back those were horrible matches

Edited by mbarry
6 minutes ago, mbarry said:

Yeah that's my mistake he said their was an successful couple and I had to think who was successful that season it was Vanessa and tre not Sam and Neil I misremembered what I was told but it didn't last so it doesn't matter but the show is over if their isn't a successful long lasting couple 

The problem with that logic is that there is no way to tell whether a couple is "long lasting" before they decide to cancel.   Unless long lasting means "until the next season airs or is cast."  

1 hour ago, crazychicken said:

I have only watched this off of FYI. I know they started showing it on A&E as well but still stick to just watching on where I had been. I agree it is a cop out when its the same company producing and A&E owns FYI. As well as the matches being the "experts" faults and drama being productions (as well as the idiot "experts"). 

1 hour ago, mbarry said:

If I'm wrong about their being a successful couple you

3 hours ago, mbarry said:

So now you are going back to saying "successful couple" and before that none and before that successful. We are not talking ratings and ratings was never mentioned nor was the success of the show. It was about the couples. I'm confused on which the information is you are supposedly getting here and passing on. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I have only watched this off of FYI. I know they started showing it on A&E as well but still stick to just watching on where I had been. I agree it is a cop out when its the same company producing and A&E owns FYI. As well as the matches being the "experts" faults and drama being productions (as well as the idiot "experts"). 

So now you are going back to saying "successful couple" and before that none and before that successful. We are not talking ratings and ratings was never mentioned nor was the success of the show. It was about the couples. I'm confused on which the information is you are supposedly getting here and passing on. 

Edited by Babyitsmb
4 minutes ago, mbarry said:

I will speak clearly and slowly because it's clear their is some people that don't understand the ratings are the only thing that matters to a network so when we talk about if the show is going to get cancelled or not that's why we talk about ratings this season has been alright with ratings last epdisode was the first one this season with a rating over a million and if that keeps up then it might get renewed but if it dips to the 700,000 like the first two epd did then it will get cancelled 

This has nothing to do with the ratings and the show being canceled. This was not mentioned until recently. You said you were told by "your contact" a successful couple was going to happen from this season. Then said there wasn't and now you said there is. I have seen you say you think there will be which is fine but different from being told by whoever else that there is or isn't. I was trying to understand this back and forth you give on what you are claiming you are getting from someone on the show. I don't need to be told how ratings work or not. I think most of us know how it works. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

This has nothing to do with the ratings and the show being canceled. This was not mentioned until recently. You said you were told by "your contact" a successful couple was going to happen from this season. Then said there wasn't and now you said there is. I have seen you say you think there will be which is fine but different from being told by whoever else that there is or isn't. I was trying to understand this back and forth you give on what you are claiming you are getting from someone on the show. I don't need to be told how ratings work or not. I think most of us know how it works. 

Edited by Babyitsmb
6 minutes ago, Babyitsmb said:

I believe their will be a successful couple this season either nick and Sonia or Tim and lily

But you just said your "source" claimed all of the couples broke up, so why did you report this to us if you don't believe them? It doesn't make any sense. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

24 minutes ago, jenrising said:

But you just said your "source" claimed all of the couples broke up, so why did you report this to us if you don't believe them? It doesn't make any sense. 

Edited by Babyitsmb
17 hours ago, Babyitsmb said:

From what I heard from someone close to the show none of the cast is this season will be successful he didn't go into detail now I know for producers a good season is good ratings but I think he meant a successful couple 

I mean, this just happened. But whatever. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Babyitsmb said:

"a successful season " for him means the show will get renewed so he still has a job working on the show but what I believe is if their isn't another successful couple that the show won't get renewed because people will lose interest and that will show out in the ratings so I kinda added an opinion 

Huh where lol?b alls the person said was this season will be "a successful season" quote that's it read into It what you want and I changed my user name on here because it had my last name in it

There was not a mention about "successful season"  it was about there being a successful couple. And it was said more than once and that you got this info from your "source". You even said if you were wrong people can contact you on your Twitter over it. 

Which I have never seen anyone else push their SM accounts on here before and not sure why anyone would when not asked about it and should be done in private anyway if people wanted to share that info. Just my opinion though on that. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Babyitsmb said:

I changed my user name on here because it had my last name in it

To your twitter handle which you posted earlier that contains your first & last name and a lot more personal details. Maybe you should change it again if you want to maintain privacy

• Love 2