Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast and Crew of ST:P - Permission to Come Aboard

• Start Topic

Star Trek: Picard premiere date on CBS All Access will by January 23, 2020

Brent Spiner would be reprising his TNG role of Data and that Jerry Ryn would show up as Seven of Nine, the character she played in Voyager. But the trailer reveals that William Riker (played by Jonathan Frakes) and Deanna Troi (played by Marina Sirtis) will be making appearances as well. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Patrick Stewart was on The View where he personally asked Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her roll as Guinan for season 2. She said yes.

She seemed genuinely touched and emotional. It was nice. Also it's a testimony to how much I must love Patrick Stewart that I watched a clip from The View *shudders*

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, msani19 said:

She seemed genuinely touched and emotional.

Hell, I was genuinely touched and emotional.

The whole thing was so clearly a complete surprise to her.  It was delightful.

• Love 5
On 1/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Patrick Stewart was on The View where he personally asked Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her roll as Guinan for season 2. She said yes.

Only a fool would refuse an opportunity to spend LESS time with McCain....and double dip vacation pay with acting salary at the same time.....

Well of course it's great to get Guinan back and Riker and Seven of Nine - but the real excitement for me came by seeing Santiago Cabrera in the promo. Loved him on the Musketeers and then he was more or less wasted (with everybody else) on Salvation. So glad I stayed away from spoilers 😁

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Well of course it's great to get Guinan back and Riker and Seven of Nine - but the real excitement for me came by seeing Santiago Cabrera in the promo. Loved him on the Musketeers and then he was more or less wasted (with everybody else) on Salvation. So glad I stayed away from spoilers 😁

😀 Cabrera is one of the reasons I've been looking forward to this show for months now. I went all in on spoilers 😉

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Nothing against Guinan character but I don't understand why they would call her and not Icheb?!!?!  I mean you have 7 of 9 and Hugh.  Icheb would be a natural addition before Guinan.

Maybe the next season won't be borg-centric. And Patrick Stewart apparently likes working with Whoopi Goldberg.

Guinan is a very natural character to ask back for a cameo in a show about Jean-Luc Picard, with whom she had a very deep and meaningful friendship spanning decades. She was a mentor he turned to frequently, whose wisdom and advice he relied on heavily. What more natural than that he should turn to her again now?

Icheb? Not so much. A minor character from a different Trek show, whose only link to Picard is tenuous at best (both former Borg? We already have Hugh and Seven for that), whose actor has burned his bridges in multiple ways. I can't imagine we will ever see Icheb in this show.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Can you clarify on that? I have not heard anything.

It's probably all been cleaned up now he's actively campaigning to get on the new show, but over the years Manu Intiraymi has been, shall we say, outspoken on social media about his dislike of Trek, using foul language toward fans, and more recently, he said some pretty offensive things about Anthony Rapp (Stamets from Discovery) in relation to his accusations against Kevin Spacey. I can't imagine the new show would want to touch him with a barge pole with a history like that - better known actors and directors have been sacked from franchises for less.

4 hours ago, Llywela said:

It's probably all been cleaned up now he's actively campaigning to get on the new show, but over the years Manu Intiraymi has been, shall we say, outspoken on social media about his dislike of Trek, using foul language toward fans, and more recently, he said some pretty offensive things about Anthony Rapp (Stamets from Discovery) in relation to his accusations against Kevin Spacey. I can't imagine the new show would want to touch him with a barge pole with a history like that - better known actors and directors have been sacked from franchises for less.

I didn't know. My heart broke into a million pieces. 

On 1/31/2020 at 8:53 AM, Llywela said:

Guinan is a very natural character to ask back for a cameo in a show about Jean-Luc Picard, with whom she had a very deep and meaningful friendship spanning decades. She was a mentor he turned to frequently, whose wisdom and advice he relied on heavily. What more natural than that he should turn to her again now?

Icheb? Not so much. A minor character from a different Trek show, whose only link to Picard is tenuous at best (both former Borg? We already have Hugh and Seven for that), whose actor has burned his bridges in multiple ways. I can't imagine we will ever see Icheb in this show.

I doubt a second season will deal with the Borg, because they won't want to repeat themselves,  That said, if it does, Guinan is still a key character.  Remember, Guinan was the person who introduced Picard, and us, to the Borg.  She was the Exposition machine the show relied on to explain them. to us.  In other words, if they want to, Guinan can be used a ton in a Borg plot.

That said, she's got hooks into other possible key things the show could explore.  The Q, for example.  Time travel (it's credible for her to be in other eras if a plotline has Picard time traveling).  They could even explore more about her race, the El-Auria, who tied into Star Trek Generations. 

22 minutes ago, paigow said:

Did Frakes take the picture??? Or was he not invited??

I was wondering the same thing. A "happy birthday" but no mention of the photo on his twitter. I would assume he was invited, so maybe he took the picture or had covid travel restrictions.