Type keyword(s) to search

Clarice in the Media: All Points Bulletin

• Start Topic

Marnee Carpenter (Criminal Minds, Good Girls) is set as a series regular opposite Rebecca Breeds in CBS’ Silence of the Lambs sequel series Clarice, from Jenny Lumet, Alex Kurtzman, MGM Television and CBS Studios. Additionally, Jayne Atkinson (Criminal Minds, House of Cards), Shawn Doyle (The Comey Rule, The Expanse), and Tim Guinee (Homeland, Elementary) have been cast in recurring/guest roles in the midseason crime drama series based on Thomas Harris’ famous character.

Carpenter plays Catherine Martin, who was saved from Buffalo Bill’s basement by Clarice.
Atkinson portrays Ruth Martin, the newly appointed attorney general and Catherine’s mother.
Doyle plays Clarice’s therapist at Quantico, and Guinee plays Novak, the leader of a secessionist militia group.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was expecting this to be a slick, standard CBS procedural, but the trailer looks like it's taking more of a sombre, low-key approach by focusing on how Clarice and Catherine are trying to cope post-Buffalo Bill. I had no intention of watching the show when I first heard about it, but after seeing the trailer and a recent article from EW (Clarice producers break silence on Lambs sequel with 5 major revelations), I'm actually looking forward to it.

• Love 2

Tvlines review - not great. 

The absence of Lecter and his indelible dynamic with Clarice leaves a huge void that Clarice (premiering Thursday, Feb. 11 at 10/9c; I’ve seen the first three episodes) struggles to fill. The result is a disappointingly run-of-the-mill procedural — another dark, grim Criminal Minds clone with a shiny brand name slapped on the front of it.

https://tvline.com/2021/02/01/clarice-review-cbs-silence-of-the-lambs-sequel/

• Love 1

Was the lead miscast? I realize she’s young, but I can’t stop thinking that she looks like a child.  I find it distracting.  Her accent isn’t bad though.  Not too fake, which many fall prey to.  I’ll give it a chance. Is there an episode thread around?

CBS has renewed several shows; no word on this one. The cadence of the episodes being aired isn’t helping IMO. It’s only a 10 episode season, yet it’s been broken into three chunks with long gaps in between.

• Love 1

I hate the fact that they're moving this show to Paramount +, but I guess it was inevitable.  I had been debating whether or not to order the channel because there are so many shows I want to watch (I heard Season 2 of Evil is also going here) so I guess I'll have to order the channel.  It really pisses me off, though, that they're doing this as this will now be routine.  How long before they do this with other existing shows?  Even NBC decided to more the new Robert Langdon series to Peacock + instead of NBC.

• Love 4

I really wish I understood the industry more. What does this mean?

Still, MGM would’ve made money on Clarice with a Season 2 run on Paramount+. Instead, it would now be walking away with a loss from deficit-financing a show canceled after one season, one of the worst scenarios in the broadcast network business.

6 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I really wish I understood the industry more. What does this mean?

Still, MGM would’ve made money on Clarice with a Season 2 run on Paramount+. Instead, it would now be walking away with a loss from deficit-financing a show canceled after one season, one of the worst scenarios in the broadcast network business.

Most studios run a show (usually on a broadcast network) at a loss until they get it into syndication. So they are currently losing money on the show and probably could have made money selling it to Paramount+

• Love 2