Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: No. Wait. What? Hold On

“No. Wait. What? Hold On.” – Angie struggles to recall the events of a wine-filled night of packing with Will, while Poppy secretly encourages Will to share his true feelings. Meanwhile, Derek arrives to gather Angie and her belongings, while Rory and Miggy are enlisted to find a hot guy to sublet the house on an all-new episode of “Single Parents,” WEDNESDAY, MAY 13 (9:30-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Oh god! I’m only 5 minutes in but Angie is a hot ass mess, I friggin love her so much😂😂 Mostly due to Leighton Meester. She’s hilarious 

• Love 6

That broke my heart several times over. Will sincerely asking for his laptop back was the most perfect acting moment. Angie giving her head a shake when Will didn't confess his feelings. Douglas and Poppy's faces. My heart was broken. 

• Love 6

They just fully showed pregnant Leighton Meester, a few times.

I thought last week was the finale. I am lukewarm on Will and Angie, leaning toward “y’all are grown, use your words,” but I loved Miggy. “Angie’s door is a people factory!” The show uses him in just the right amount.

• Love 4

I love the twins fixing the car. I don't think they've shown them doing that type of project for a while.

I love how everyone just accept their skills and that they'll do a better job than even professionals.

• Love 5

Huh.  I thought last week was the finale.  Oh well.  Bonus!

I loved the chaotic opening and the double conversations.  Also I admit I disappointed we didn't get more convo about Miggy's muffin.

Also I totally forgot Derek was a 'blueberry scientist!'  The twins' scorn was perfection. 

Rory: "You know how you left me alone in a room with a strange man and my mom said absolutely nothing?"  Rory says as he side-eyes Poppy.  LOL.    Second ep in a row I enjoyed Rory:  "Calm down Dave, it's a sublet."

The room of hunks!  Also, thanks for remembering appropriately that that Miggy is bi.  Also I love the shade this whole subplot threw on the Bachelor franchise with every guy but one being named Jared.

I dunno how I feel about Will and Angie.  When I knew they were heading there I was ok with it.  But now that they are making it explicit I am not sure I am on board.  I honestly was enjoying everything about this episode but Will and Angie.  It was a bit too angsty for me.

Man, if I didn't know Poppy and Douglas had basically broken up like the day before I would never have known they were really together, saying I love you and contemplating moving in together.  They acted like they had a couple of bad dates.  Although when Poppy said "It's a shame, I got excited those two were gonna make it work." and Douglas looks at her and says "I haven't given up hope yet."    It wasn't just about Will and Angie. So i am keeping hope alive.

And finally,

Holy pregnancy Leighton Meister.  LOL

• Love 9

I am still not a huge Will/Angie shipper (Team Poppy/Douglas!) but the actors really did sell me on Wills heartbreak when he didn't tell Angie how he felt so she would take a chance with Derick, and then when Angie finally remembered the moment she and Will had. I caught a feel. 

I totally forgot about the blueberry scientist thing, the twins utter disdain of Derick was just hilarious throughout. Then of course the twins fixed like car, obviously they'll be better than anyone else at it. 

The Bachelor bit with Miggy was hilarious, especially considering how often this show has been tied directly into the franchise. "Derek isn't here for the Right Reasons!" 

• Love 8

I had to rewind the flashback of Will and Angie playing Scrabble, when Will exclaims ‘I eat ham!’, after Angie spelled ‘ham’ on the board! 
I love the twins, even though I’m never sure which is which! They take Venmo, Derrick! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Always appreciate non-straight Miggy references! "Your thing has hunks?"

Will & Angie are still pretty cringe as a romantic prospect, but Tarran Killam really won me over with the sincerity of his pining this week. I wasn't expecting the scene with Derek, which just made me feel bad for Derek in that he knows he'll probably lose her and his son if Will lets any feelings slip. He's a great guy, unlike most douchey rival love interests, so it's hard to root for Will to break them up.

At least they skipped the bitter crying and hating each other phase with Douglas/Poppy, but it's odd to see them nostalgically reference their relationship that ended last week. They were talking like they dated in high school.

• Love 3
On 5/14/2020 at 7:41 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Always appreciate non-straight Miggy references! "Your thing has hunks?"

Will & Angie are still pretty cringe as a romantic prospect, but Tarran Killam really won me over with the sincerity of his pining this week. I wasn't expecting the scene with Derek, which just made me feel bad for Derek in that he knows he'll probably lose her and his son if Will lets any feelings slip. He's a great guy, unlike most douchey rival love interests, so it's hard to root for Will to break them up.

At least they skipped the bitter crying and hating each other phase with Douglas/Poppy, but it's odd to see them nostalgically reference their relationship that ended last week. They were talking like they dated in high school.

Yes! I did a legit spit take when Miggy said, “your thing has hunks?” 
I loved how they, out of the blue (to the audience) made Miggy bi but on the show, the characters were like, “oh, right we remember some of your past boyfriends” 

Taran killed it this week, I finally bought the Will/Angie paring, even though I’m still not sure I want it.

i hope this show gets renewed 

• Love 3
On 5/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, Empress1 said:

I loved Miggy. “Angie’s door is a people factory!” The show uses him in just the right amount.

I just wish the show used JACK the right amount...it's like they all but forgot the guy even has a child this season.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2020 at 11:56 PM, geauxaway said:

OMG!  An appearance from my current lover James O’Halloran!!!!   Sorry.  WFH has me watching TPIR daily and I’m lonely.  

Okay, that is where I recognized him from. I KNEW HE LOOKED FAMILIAR