Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Poker Faces

• Start Topic

I never read the book..but it seems unlikely that the Grand Jury proceeding is about indicting Jacob...unless it really takes 10+ months from getting arrested to being indicted for murder 1.

These anvil flashbacks are hinting that Andy stabbed his father [or someone else] and Jacob has a history of attempted murder to cast doubt on Jacob being innocent.

Meanwhile, the friendly neighbourhood sex offender was stalking Ben, but still does not seem to be homicidal. 

14 hours ago, paigow said:

I never read the book..but it seems unlikely that the Grand Jury proceeding is about indicting Jacob...unless it really takes 10+ months from getting arrested to being indicted for murder 1.

I thought it was about indicting Andy for, I don't know, something he does that we haven't seen yet or something. I'll be honest though, I paid very little attention to anything but Chris Evans' beard throughout most of those scenes. Or really all the scenes.

This is mundane and unoriginal but I'll probably keep watching just for the beard.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is mundane and unoriginal but I'll probably keep watching just for the beard.

You seem to be somewhere between hate watching and ??????

I was also entralled by the beard. It was so dark and intense. It made the biggest impression on me, so I guess that does not bode well for the series for me. It got such high praise (the show not the beard), but I found it slow and the acting was a bit... actorly. 

I will wait for Dead To Me to start and hope they don't butcher the second season there. : D

• Love 2

The son is very unlikable. Unpleasant personality and a quite weird face.

And what kind of kid act like nothing has happened after discovering his classmate's stabbed dead body? Doesn't even mention it to his parents? Sure look very guilty.

Edited by showme
  • Love 5
On 4/25/2020 at 3:18 AM, paigow said:

These anvil flashbacks are hinting that Andy stabbed his father [or someone else] and Jacob has a history of attempted murder to cast doubt on Jacob being innocent.

Meanwhile, the friendly neighbourhood sex offender was stalking Ben, but still does not seem to be homicidal. 

I think the grand jury is about the father destroying what might have been evidence in the case.  The knife.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Is there a reason this forum just stopped updating?? the show is finished but I don't want to talk about it on episode 4 topic.

Not a lot of interest I guess.  It’s too bad.  There’s one more episode though. We don’t know the ending yet.  

• Love 2

I'm afraid I am watching because I just want to see how it ends. I wish they had condensed the story down to three or four episodes, because it is just extremely slow moving. I'm waiting for the last episode and will be relieved when it's over.

• Love 2

Agree with the general sentiments here. Chiming in to add: turn on some GD lights, people! It’s so frickin dark all the time ... I’d probably feel stabby too ...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2020 at 5:19 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Someone pointed out to me that he looks like Alexis Bledel and now that's all I can see lol.

I’m so glad I saw this after I finished watching!!

• LOL 2

I’m watching now and I have read the book and wondered how they could make 8 episodes out Of a fairly short story. The answer is very very slowly.....man this show is slow.  My love for Chris and Michelle and wanting to see how they handle the end is keeping me around. Sooooo slow.