Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Senior Prank

Against Greg's better judgment, Katy pushes Taylor to lighten up and participate in her school's senior prank. Meanwhile, Anna-Kat asks Oliver to give Franklin a makeover so he won't embarrass himself at a classmate's party.

LoL Taylor thinking she is being taken to the vet was pretty funny.

The kiss diversion was my favorite part of the episode, it was great how Taylor had such a horrible idea to distract Greg and yet, Katie made it work 😄 

• Love 3

I think the town's school has a radon leak or something. Between the Principal to Franklin, how everyone acts so brain dead while Greg, Katie, Doris and Louise look at them with: "What the hell is wrong with you?" "You are doing stuff that even a 3 year old wouldn't do." I just hate it when they have Doris do shit like that with the bribing money. If that would have been me, after she handed me the money I be: "Oh I want you to know what one more thing." Then throw the fruit in her face, followed by knocking the breakfast in her lap and then going: "So, can you break the rules of time travel now?" Then walk away with the money.

I did love the twist with Franklin at the end and I am officially calling the principal: "Dumb-lan" from now on. He has crossed over from cliche school administrator to where I'm surprised he doesn't have an aid to do anything. That guy be ran out too by the Board for wasting money.

• Love 2

Also, why didn't they just leave the musket next to the statue? Or clean up the prank mess and leave it and let them think it was just broken somehow? (I know, sitcom hijinks.)

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Also, why didn't they just leave the musket next to the statue? Or clean up the prank mess and leave it and let them think it was just broken somehow? (I know, sitcom hijinks.)

Right or how Greg even revealed that really it be easy to clean up the statue. I mean  Dumb-lan might want to waste money on lab analysis of stuff that was clearly silly string and shaving cream, I doubt he run finger prints. Plus, Katie knew the cameras were fake, so why take the damn musket with them?

• Love 2

LoL Taylor thinking she is being taken to the vet was pretty funny.

Yes that was a funny moment but otherwise it was a pretty weak episode I thought. I did enjoy Franklin playing the piano and singing at the end - is that a real song? (I'm old, and I don't listen to current music). 

I think the town's school has a radon leak or something. Between the Principal to Franklin, how everyone acts so brain dead while Greg, Katie, Doris and Louise look at them with: "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Who's Louise? You mean Angela?

The show is based on absurdism, much like Suburgatory was. (There are doubtless other examples but that's what comes to mind.) Except for a few key POV characters like Katie and Greg, everyone is an over-the-top caricature. It's all heightened reality meant to be parody, like how all the Westport housewives behave, etc. And that includes Doris and Angela most of the time.

Let's face it, someone like Cooper or Tripp wouldn't be able to survive into adulthood in real life. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Yes that was a funny moment but otherwise it was a pretty weak episode I thought. I did enjoy Franklin playing the piano and singing at the end - is that a real song? (I'm old, and I don't listen to current music).

That was "Shallow" from "A Star is Born" (2018). It won the Oscar for Best Original Song.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Who's Louise? You mean Angela?

The show is based on absurdism, much like Suburgatory was. (There are doubtless other examples but that's what comes to mind.) Except for a few key POV characters like Katie and Greg, everyone is an over-the-top caricature. It's all heightened reality meant to be parody, like how all the Westport housewives behave, etc. And that includes Doris and Angela most of the time.

Let's face it, someone like Cooper or Tripp wouldn't be able to survive into adulthood in real life. 

Yes, Angela, sorry Louise was from an old episode of 3's Company that Mrs. Readster and I watch late at night. I agree on how people like Cooper or Tripp wouldn't survive into adulthood. Though I did laugh when Tripp was going: "Class of 2019!" Then Taylor reminding him it's 2020 and he goes: "Sorry, old habits die hard."

• Love 4
15 hours ago, readster said:

Yes, Angela, sorry Louise was from an old episode of 3's Company that Mrs. Readster and I watch late at night. I agree on how people like Cooper or Tripp wouldn't survive into adulthood. Though I did laugh when Tripp was going: "Class of 2019!" Then Taylor reminding him it's 2020 and he goes: "Sorry, old habits die hard."

Loved that. But gotta wonder how Tripp ever made it to his first senior year.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

Loved that. But gotta wonder how Tripp ever made it to his first senior year.

I'm trying to figure out how Tripp made it through Kindergarten at this point. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Anna-Kat and Franklin both know more than he does!

Franklin is more social inept and does things without thinking. Tripp is so bad he still can't grasp that Otto is a completely different spelling than "auto", yet he can't understand why that is. Plus, in a past episode Doris said: "The kid only has looks going for him, I'm surprised he knows how to tie his shoes." 

• Love 2

I made the comment about if they were going to chop their legs off so they could not walk at grad.

Then Tripp said the same thing. OMG.  I am now thinking like Tripp. I was joking. But it scared me that I am obviously thinking like him.

• LOL 5
On 4/23/2020 at 10:03 AM, ams1001 said:

That woman should have taken Doris's money and then just sat down to finish eating her breakfast. "No rules!"

Plus, isn't literally everyone in Westport equally rich? So what would stop other people from doing the same to Doris?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Plus, isn't literally everyone in Westport equally rich? So what would stop other people from doing the same to Doris?

Yes, pretty much. Only the Otto's aren't "rich". All the teachers to the administration have no brain cells. Everyone who is "not" Katie is a self absorbed, throwing money around and feel they can do everything but make it stop raining on command. Greg's administration act like they have some vendetta against Greg saddling him up with obsessive graduate students to social media "sensations" that would be living in their parents' basement because they don't know how to you know, work.