Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

R.I.P. Adam. You are dead to me. He’s probably going to say something weasel-like in the vein of “Yes, love for my son.,” but he can still take a long walk off a short pier. When Billy Abbott, champion buttbiscuit, handles a break up with more maturity and grace than you, it’s time to fuck off to Siberia to reevaluate your life choices. 

8 hours ago, Peppermint said:

There is something wrong with me...I actually teared up as Sally tried to make Adam tell the truth today. Damn, she's good lately.

There’s something wrong with me too. I felt terrible when Adam answered “yes” and Sally was so obviously gutted. I hope Sally winds up and swings a frozen swordfish at his nuts before storming out.

Hey, Victor, Claire just escaped having her life controlled. It’s not cool for you to do it because “fambly”. Fucking creep.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Adam is currently dead to me, too.  Which is hard for me to believe because Adam is my favorite character and when I watch episodes I missed on the cbs app and just ff to his scenes.

I can’t believe how they fucked up Adam so quickly.  I could look past the super-soapy evil, scheming Adam who burned Ashley’s miscarried fetus, slept with a male DA to get out of a jam, and switched Sharon’s baby, but gaslighting, cheating boyfriend Adam is a little to basic for me.  

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, VanillaBeanne said:

super-soapy evil, scheming Adam who burned Ashley’s miscarried fetus, slept with a male DA to get out of a jam, and switched Sharon’s baby,

Don't forget the Adam who injected his eyeballs with botox so he could pretend to be blind and not have to go to jail or something. That scene is forever seared in my memory.

Speaking of the good old days, I think it's funny how Heather and Adam barely acknowledge each other now. They were hot and heavy back then.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Damn, she's good lately.

She sure is. And I appreciated how much MG met CH's energy. He could've held back and let her own the scenes by herself but he stayed engaged. Great writing and directing too. Daytime Emmys for everyone!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

What is going to happen when Ashley comes home?  Will she see the difference and break Traci's heart?

Good point.  There's a lot of history between RealAlan and Ashley that UnrealAlan is not going to know about, I don't care how many session notes he read.  I think she'd be doing Traci a favor, however, no matter how heartbreaking it is.

• Like 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, VanillaBeanne said:

can’t believe how they fucked up Adam so quickly.  I could look past the super-soapy evil, scheming Adam who burned Ashley’s miscarried fetus, slept with a male DA to get out of a jam, and switched Sharon’s baby, but gaslighting, cheating boyfriend Adam is a little to basic for me.  

Edited 1 hour ago by VanillaBeanne

I HAD no idea HE WAS A SCUMBAG

G,

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Don't forget the Adam who injected his eyeballs with botox so he could pretend to be blind and not have to go to jail or something. That scene is forever seared in my memory.

i cannot tell you how this is nazi like to me.  Fuck the writers who did that.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 5
  • Wink 1

Don't forget the Adam who injected his eyeballs with botox so he could pretend to be blind and not have to go to jail or something.

OMG.  As someone very squeamish about  all things eye related, how could I forget that!   Maybe my psyche forced me to forget it because that was so creepy and desperate!

• Like 4
  • Hugs 2

I like mean Sharon but I wish they’d get rid of Cameron!  Viewers are smart enough to realize she is hearing voices without showing him. I would rather see Sharon lash out at Daniel. He hasn’t done anything terrible but he’s annoying. Also he’s Phyllis’s son so I think that makes it okay.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Daniel’s’were going to talk to Lucy and make sure she knows she was wrong’ was lame. I don’t expect him to go into a whole diatribe but how about ‘there will be consequences for her actions’ or. ‘Her mother and I will be sure she gets the help she needs.’

at this point I hope Sharon does just completely lose it and start screaming at Daniel and anyone else within earshot. Cameron is right. That’s exactly what she needs after years of trying to be calm and okay about everything,.

I hope Lily is smarter than Niki gives her credit for and doesn’t fall for Nikki’s’lets get together and  talk about Katherine ‘ shtick. And Nikki can miss me with her ‘I won’t let my fondness for Lily stop me from doing what needs to be done ‘

billy, listen to your brother. This isn’t about YOU. Chelz didn’t sleep with Adam to spite you. It was wrong and it was stupid but it had nothing to do with you. If you really love her, you’ll put aside your feelings for Adam. Just ignore him. Punch him in the face if it makes you feel better, but don’t take it out on your partner. You’re the one who pushed and pushed for her to tell you the truth. If you can’t handle it, that’s on you.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Lily came into Society fussing about her failed plan to get Billy out of Abbott-Chancellor. Apparently she thought all the people in the restaurant were deaf.

Billy, you have a hangover. It's not your first one. Get a grip.

Geez, Lily still refuses to contact Jill and it doesn't make any sense to me. Jill may not even know about or approve of Billy's decision to fire Lily.

Not a fan of Nikki's top today. Ink splot print = fashion nope.

Stop it, Faith. What Lucy did is not your fault. Get on with your life and leave Lucy's issues to her parents to handle.

Ditto comments upthread, I think Daniel said all the right things in his apology but he and Heather need to do way more than have a talk with Lucy.

Nikki and Victor scheming on Lily in some kind of misguided honoring of Kay's memory was disgusting to me. Both of them need to get hobbies. Bridge, shuffleboard, croquet, whatever. IMO Kay wouldn't want them pulling crap on Neil's daughter merely because they think they're entitled to Kay's former company.

Lily's convo with Devon about dealing with Billy was interesting. Is she going to work her feminine wiles (😉) on William? Get in line, Lily. I predict Sally is going to be playing with Billy's joystick pretty soon. 😼

Okay, I am 100% with Ghoul Cameron on the topic of boozy brat Lucy. Sorry, not sorry. But what does he want Sharon to do, wreak some kind of belated revenge for Cassie's death? Oy.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, MollyB said:

There's a lot of history between RealAlan and Ashley that UnrealAlan is not going to know about, I don't care how many session notes he read.  I think she'd be doing Traci a favor, however, no matter how heartbreaking it is.

Yep. It bothers me though that Ashley's help probably wouldn't happen before Traci is physically intimate with him. It'd be pretty much like what Marco did to Phyllis when he was pretending to be Jack. I never like to see sexual assault (due to lack of mutual, fully-informed consent) used as a plot device on soaps.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Actually it is Faith’s fault for distracted driving.  Just like it was Lily’s fault for the accident that killed Hilary. That was distracted driving also.  

Is Sharon is becoming another Ashley?  Hey Sharon, Paris is calling. 

Billy👃 just can’t move on because it is Adam. If it was some random guy that would have been much better.  Adam’s and Chelsea’s bond is still stronge because of Connor but in Billy👃’s selfish self centered way thinks his bond, with Chelsea, should be stronger and Adam shouldn’t even be in the picture. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

Anyone else notice that while their allegedly dearest granddaughter, Faith, was in the hospital due to a car accident, Drinkki and Prick were having a leisurely breakfast at the GCAC? What thebactual fuck?!? Your granddaughter has just ben in a car accident and is in the hospital and you're dining languidly with your Baby at the club?!? Just when I thinkNI can't hate these characters any more they always go ahead and do me one better.

They did say that Nick told them Faith was fine and not to come to the hospital. But it was all a bit too casual, like they were talking about some distant relative or someone they’d met occasionally.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I'm thinkin' when Eileen gets bored with resting her tootsies in her Malibu manse & she deigns to finally bring her ass back to show, things will change quite drastically for Dead Martin.  Right now, he's lookin' pretty darn confident.  And who can blame him?  Traci was such a freakin' easy mark for anyone who'd give her a glance, let alone anything more.

But remember, Ashley (or was it Alan -- when he was alive, that is) determined her alters were triggered by something that occurred btw her & Martin.  So prob Ashley will realize fairly quickly this is Dead Martin (cuz the personality diffs are so striking) & will then remember whatever it was Martin did to her.  And Traci?  Get ready for more crying -- as if we don't get enough from Chelsea.  Yeesh!

Now I'm wondering if Billy's gonna send Chelsea packin'.  She sure is pushing him hard to get back together.  But nah, me thinks every time he sees her now, he sees her bangin' Adam & it's boner kill -- for him & everyone else! 

I agree that Courtney has been quite good.  What a contrast & diff from MCE, who stinks.  Anyone notice CH's hair is shorter?  And looks like a curlier, more natural texture.  I like it, looks good on her.

Nikki's shirt was distracting, but still couldn't help but notice the assholery of her & her old goat horror of a hubby.  Lily, don't sit with those 2 horrors -- run, hun, run.

Wow, big surprise Lily ain't eager to work again with angry little hostile dick Devon.

I'm diggin' Sharon's death-stares at Daniel the Dickhead.  Ah, I see he's back to working the I'm-such-a-nice-guy bullshit act & Sharon ain't having it.  And Nick is the same clueless dunce he's been for 30 years.  I really want Sharon to scream at Heather & her hair about her shitty parenting.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I wish I knew what batteries Y&R were using, because they're obviously the best on the market.  Otherwise, how could Chatty Cathy aka Chelsea keep up her endlessly manic tearful over-explaining, hysterical begging and continual emotional manipulation at red-eyed, snot-nosed woe-is-me Billy?  There scenes together are both affecting my hearing and giving me a far too up-close and personal view of nasal congestion.

Watch out, Genoa City.  Sooner rather than later Billy's nasal blockage is going to blow and unless the fire department is equipped with industrial-sized Afrin, the town will be toast.

Remember when Lucy first came to town, how charming she was?  I thought she was the best teen character in longer than I can remember.  Back then, I was also happy to see Daniel, the only voice of semi-reason within reach of Phyllis's family.  Show sure upended that, didn't it?

A Romalotti-free town sounds pretty wonderful right about now, IMO.

Listening to those dual plague pustules known as Victor and Nikki dining on baby parts marinated in bile, while droning on with their syrupy declarations of "what Katherine would have wanted" was maybe the worst scene of the day, possibly the week.  I didn't think it could get worse, but Josh Griffith managed to do just that when he had Nikki - you know, the one who blathers constantly about how she "misses" her dear friend Katherine - then use those memories to try and manipulate Lily.  Gosh oh golly gee, Nikki is such a dear, isn't she?

It's an achievement of sorts to be a worse character than Victor or Billy, even just for a day, but Nikki managed it.

This sure has been a fun week, hasn't it?

• Like 7
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 4
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Both of them need to get hobbies. Bridge, shuffleboard, croquet, whatever....

...Venomous snake handling.

It bothers me though that Ashley's help probably wouldn't happen before Traci is physically intimate with him.

They haven't been intimate all this time of travelling and afterthejazzlounge visit to his accomodations at the GCAC?  I was picking up an after-glow blushes from Traci every time Jack brings up how close the couple have become.  Yeah, I think the train has already pulled into that station.

But what does he want Sharon to do, wreak some kind of belated revenge for Cassie's death? Oy.

12 minutes ago, boes said:

A Romalotti-free town sounds pretty wonderful right about now, IMO.

Turn Sharon loose If it means the Romalotti tribe is gone for a yet-to-be-determined time. Can't deal with Lucy's blubbering apologies and then turning around to lie.  Off to Savannah with them.  

15 minutes ago, boes said:

syrupy declarations of "what Katherine would have wanted" was maybe the worst scene of the day, possibly the week.  I didn't think it could get worse, but Josh Griffith managed to do just that when he had Nikki - you know, the one who blathers constantly about how she "misses" her dear friend Katherine

I'd like to see Ghost Katherine come back and kick some ass, and Neil, too, every time their names are invoked.  (Or should I say used to excuse their bad behaviour?) Read her inspirational letters, my ass.  Katherine should light them on fire and shove them right where they would do the most good.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, MollyB said:

Can't deal with Lucy's blubbering apologies and then turning around to lie

Wait, what did she lie about now? I thought she told the truth about the accident, no?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, surfgirl said:

Wait, what did she lie about now? I thought she told the truth about the accident, no?

She owned up to it after the fact, but she promised she wouldn’t drink again and she did. She was grounded but snuck out of the house to see Faith. If she’d made it home unscathed, she would never have told her parents what happened. And speaking of her parents, they BOTH need to explain to her that it isn’t appropriate for a 14 year old to be friends with a 21 year old. Ship her off to a boarding school. Preferably one with bars on the  windows and alarms on the doors. St the very least, get the kid some psychological help (not with Sharon!). She has some serious issues that need to be addressed before she kills herself or someone else.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

She owned up to it after the fact, but she promised she wouldn’t drink again and she did. She was grounded but snuck out of the house to see Faith. If she’d made it home unscathed, she would never have told her parents what happened. And speaking of her parents, they BOTH need to explain to her that it isn’t appropriate for a 14 year old to be friends with a 21 year old. Ship her off to a boarding school. Preferably one with bars on the  windows and alarms on the doors. St the very least, get the kid some psychological help (not with Sharon!). She has some serious issues that need to be addressed before she kills herself or someone else.

Ah this stuff, okay. I thought you meant something new that I missed.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 3

They end the week the way they started with the revolting disgusting Phyllis.  Even worse she’s defending that stupid drunk stalker granddaughter of hers. She really should have let Victoria raise her after Billy bought her. At least she’d be in a nice boarding school instead of harassing poor Faith.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

but she promised she wouldn’t drink again and she did. She was grounded but snuck out of the house to see Faith. If she’d made it home unscathed, she would never have told her parents what happened.

She also lied about the concert tickets (that Daniel couldn't go).  JG has turned her into a bad seed, which I really don't like.  When she first came on she was the sweet child of Daniel who inspired him with her goodness and light.  Now she's a danger stranger with her lies, stalking and blubbering apologies.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Just sitting down to watch todays show. Is Heather channeling her inner Sandy from Grease? All she needed were curls in her hair to complete the look 🤣

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 8/29/2024 at 7:47 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

I hope Sally winds up and swings a frozen swordfish at his nuts before storming out.

This made me think of "Lamb to the Slaughter", the short story by Roald Dahl made into an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1958).  Sally could serve up some freshly cooked swordfish to the cops when they arrive.

15 minutes ago, MollyB said:

She also lied about the concert tickets (that Daniel couldn't go).  JG has turned her into a bad seed, which I really don't like.  When she first came on she was the sweet child of Daniel who inspired him with her goodness and light.  Now she's a danger stranger with her lies, stalking and blubbering apologies.

But remember that she is the daughter of Daisy and granddaughter of Shelia and her unemployed parents like to eat out a lot, even when they should be monitoring their grounded daughter at home.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Wait, so Cameron is sticking around to help Sharon gather the courage to kill Daniel? 

Nd because it cannot be said enough, STFU Phyllis! No one believes you’re at all concerned about Sharon except as it relates to your own well being. And isn’t Nick leaning on you exactly what started this whole thing in the first place? Didn’t he lean on you when Cassie died? While Sharon was grieving? Don’t be sitting there telling him he shouldn’t help his daughter’s mother this time when he screwed up so badly the last time.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Nick had a tray full of hot drinks for takeout. How rude of Phyllis to expect him to let them get cold while he indulged her desperate need for attention.

"Like it never even happened." That's the thing though. It did indeed happen and it shouldn't be swept under the rug since neither Lucy nor Faith were seriously injured. In fact, IMO CPS should be called in to investigate why a child was drunk when they were hospitalized.

Heather sure was trying hard to sell the position that no one is to blame for the accident. Maybe too hard. Hmm.

If today was any indication, Claire changing her last name to Newman makes it easier for her and Summer to refer to their mutual grandparents with each other. Ad nauseam.

Yeah, it can never be said enough: shut up, Phyllis. Of course Nick is glad history didn't repeat itself with Faith and drunk Lucy's car accident. Put your cooch back in its holster.

I liked Summer's shorts suit. Didn't know camisoles worn as tops were still a thing.

Not sure whether Summer was trying to be encouraging toward Claire working at NE, or trying to absolve herself of the guilt she'll feel if Harrison doesn't like losing his nanny.

Loopy Sharon still giving Heather red hot death stares. I got no problem with it, even though the motivation is mostly coming from Ghoul Cameron.

Re the previews: Lily, NOOOOOOOOO! You can handle Billy without Victor's involvement. He and Nikki are not looking to do you any favors, girlfriend.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, Denize said:

his made me think of "Lamb to the Slaughter", the short story by Roald Dahl made into an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1958)

OMG==I went on Amazon, looked up Hitch a while ago and this story was in one of the books!  I love his collection of short stories.

• Like 2

Today I went to watch Y&R and instead of Le Show du Merde airing, we had an hour of 'How to use your new kitchen scraps bin because we're going to start checking your bins to see if you're using them' special. To which I say, go fuck yourself because I recently renovated my kitchen and it does not include keeping an ugly plastic bin on my counter to house rotten food particles, #YOUGOTTHAT !

• Hugs 2
  • LOL 9

The last person I would go to for inspiration is Phyllis🕷️. I would rather have a pineapple shoved up my ass.  You better not be blaming Daniel and Heather for what Lucy did.  Phyllis🕷️is not your place to parent Lucy but you can’t help yourself from butting in because you are a wonderful grandmother beside being a wonderful mother. 

I have to admit that Summer❄️X10 is finally showing signed that she can be somewhat more human than ❄️. Therefore I will refer to her as Summer❄️x5.  I have to say that sunlight is very good friend to Summer❄️x5 and Claire/Eve.  

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 3

So you have a "clear conscience", Heather?  Really, hun?  I'd say, not so fast, sweetie.  You have plenty to feel responsible for.  Well, whatever punishments you & Daniel the Dickhead have set up for this girl are obviously not working, cuz she just went out & got booze for the 2nd time. Btw, does Heather even know yet that Lucy stole the booze from a bar?  Sharon, go inform this smug asshole of that little ditty.

And when Lucy needed help, she called Faith, NOT Heather or Daniel the Dickhead, so there's def a communications prob here that needs fixing badly.  Clear conscience, Heather?  Ha -- not buying it, asshole!  Maybe she's too busy getting her hair done or botox injections to be bothered with Lucy, while she wreaks havoc on the rest of GC's inhabitants.

Yeah, I didn't buy Phyllis' lame "sympathy" for Sharon for a sec.  Even Nick the dunce was making sour faces, while she was babbling this crap.  And then she confirmed she was bullshitting Nick by that nasty/mocking crack she made to Summer.  And then defending Lucy?  Yech, go the fuck away, Phyllis, you're not needed here.  Be gone.

Ah, so first Audra & Kyle get stuck in Vic's spider web & next, Lily is gonna stupidly venture in?  Lured in with help from Nikki?  Blech, Nikki talking about her "fond" memories of Katherine sounds fake & ghoulish.  She just wants to get her greedy hands on Chancellor.  Nauseating.  She was more appealing as a stumbling drunk.

Wait, was Summer actually NOT acting like an asshole?  Eh, maybe not.  Her smugly saying how she liked being admired?  Nah, she's still an asshole.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Today I went to watch Y&R and instead of Le Show du Merde airing, we had an hour of 'How to use your new kitchen scraps bin because we're going to start checking your bins to see if you're using them' special. To which I say, go fuck yourself because I recently renovated my kitchen and it does not include keeping an ugly plastic bin on my counter to house rotten food particles, #YOUGOTTHAT !

Our city gave out those ugly bins about ~8 years ago, but I only used it once or twice before deciding to just collect kitchen scraps in a compostble bin-liner bag and store it in the freezer until full, then out to the big compost bin. No ugliness on the counter and no smell in the house! 

Edited by Denize
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Dear Billy Abbott;

It is absolutely shameful that you require elite members of society to sign off with their real names. Fortunately, one’s ability to be embarrassed is inversely proportional to the size of one’s bank accounts. Marvelous, isn’t it? You have made a fatal mistake by firing Lily Winters, dear boy. Your right flank, or should I say wrong flank? - is exposed. May I ask why your flanks are so pale and concave? You would never pass muster at Westminster, rest assured. Victor and I will be annexing and occupying Chancellor Industries on behalf of the grand Newman Empire, and you would be wise to surrender it immediately. It’s what Katherine and Neil would want. Victor is already arranging for your children to be adopted by Cole Howard to spare them any embarrassment from your inevitable failure. Perhaps you could revive your adorable little podcasting hobby. “The Hostile Nostril” might draw a significant audience of edge lords. We expect you to vacate the premises by end of business tonight. Toodles!

Nikki Newman, Countess of Chancellor

Dear Nikki,

Really? Neil would want you to ingratiate yourself with his daughter in order to steal her job? You might want to drag out Victor’s first edition ouija board and double check that ass-umption. An afternoon full of tea and crumpets, reading Katherine’s “Live Laugh Love” bon mots and reveling in what you imagine to be your mad manipulation skillz won’t get you sweet fuck all. Before I let you waltz in here like queen shit of Turdistan, I will burn this motherfucker to the ground. Not only will I torch it, I’ll burn the ashes and then nuke the wreckage from orbit. The earth will be salted and I will inhale the whole ball of wax. Too bad you’re an unfashionable snob who needs to hire a sherpa to guide your hairdresser up your ridiculous coiffure. We share a mutual disdain for Adam and could have teamed up to inflict misery and woe upon him. Newmans drool, Abbotts rule.

Dear Billy Abbott;

Whoa! I was today years old when I learned something so big, so wild and so depressing that I don’t know what to do with this crazy jumble of emotions but hit the head and do some stress shitting. Dude, I’m two pounds lighter and not even close to done. Me Nick! Me confused! Get this… Phyllis is a real piece of garbage. I just… dude, I may or may not have a kid with that heinous anus. My likable daughter was in an accident with her obsessive dingdong of a granddaughter, and man… she stopped me in Crimson Lights while I was getting snacks for the hospital and was all “don’t blame my dumbass son and his boring girlfriend, don’t try to heal Sharon with your magic wand, blah blah blah.” I told Phyllis to chillis and not worry about me, so of course she doubled down. Dude, you hit that. Was she always this crass and selfish? And then it dawned on me. After my last likable daughter died in an accident, I turned to that spiteful woman and made everything worse. Geez, Summer texted me to say Phyllis is making cuckoo jokes about Sharon. WTF?

Nick (I wish my dick was a time machine)

Dear Nick,

My dick is a time machine, insofar as I’ve been told by women it’s stolen time from them they can never get back. Usually 30 seconds or so. Phyllis has always been an asshole, sociopath, narcissist and crusty barnacle on the ship of society. When I was hitting that, it was honestly like fucking myself. You definitely have a daughter - let’s just say that Summer being my niece has disturbing implications. No, don’t ask why. It took a little while for that other snotgoblin of hers to fully evolve into an insufferable arse, didn’t it? Daniel just doesn’t have that blame-defying panache I have, but Lucy is definitely an early bloomer in the twit department. Turns out Phyllis did me a favor taking her off my hands. I wish I had a way out for you, but you played yourself when you shut off the X-Box and turned on the SeX-Box. Be more discerning with your joystick, bro.

Dear Billy Abbott;

I am at my wit’s end here. Hell, that’s obvious because I’m writing to you for advice. I have been communicating with a hallucination of Cameron Kirsten, who has been trying to whip me into a frenzy of rage and revenge against the Romalotti family. Daniel was in the car when Cassie died, and now his drunk daughter was in a car with Faith when it crashed. The cheap ass hospital put Faith and Lucy in the same room, and Lucy is always loudly in her own feels, blubbering about Faith until Faith asks for more tests just to get the fuck away from the theatrics. Today I almost beat the boring out of Heather when she smarmily suggested we not worry about recriminations. I know you know exactly how I feel, but you haven’t killed Adam. How do you maintain your chill?

Sharon (is about to go off)

Dear Sharon;

Well, it’s not for lack of trying, I can promise you that. Maybe if I hallucinated Cameron, Adam would be in that lake Jeremy Stark took his final swim in. Huh, it’s kind of weird that ol’ Jeremy never haunts Phyllis, but I suppose she made quite a mess of things when she ventilated him with those scissors. Plus, even a vengeful ghost doesn’t want anything to do with that hot mess. This has taken a rather dark turn. Sorry about that. I wouldn’t actually kill Adam now, thanks to Connor, but I will have mad hot sex with every woman he cares about. I guess that won’t work for you, but if you got your meds properly adjusted, you could learn to find satisfaction in “gentler” acts of aggression. Sick burns bring me a lot of pleasure, especially when you can watch the recipient’s face crack in real time. Sweetly offer to help Heather find her personality and then guide her to a vacant lot. Allow Daniel to design video games for your company, but they must be horror survival games with his mother as the final boss, a screeching red demon who batters the player character with tube socks loaded with lemons. Pretend your technology team has created an innovative method for removing tight jeans and tell Heather you’d be honored to let Paul have the first go. Then, mail some cheap salad tongs to Portugal with a little card that says Good Luck! accompanied by a passive aggressive smiley face. I’ll text you some of my more… bold ideas. Hang in there.

Dear Billy Abbott;

Claire is light. Claire is love. Claire is family. Claire is one of us. YAY! Will you accept Claire as your lord and savior today?

Summer, Cousin of Claire, All Glory to her Name

Dear Summer;

No. You need to stop ironing your brain because it’s way too smooth. Next.

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
16 hours ago, surfgirl said:

What's the world coming to if they preempt a soap for militant recycling?  For what it's worth, Surfs, I'd rather see the ugly plastic bin on my counter than Phylth's ugly flubber lips flapping.

• LOL 7
45 minutes ago, MollyB said:

What's the world coming to if they preempt a soap for militant recycling?  For what it's worth, Surfs, I'd rather see the ugly plastic bin on my counter than Phylth's ugly flubber lips flapping.

Well Ms. Molls, you do have a good point there! I tried watching the On Demand version last night but quickly realized that I simply cannot watch Le Show du Merde without being able to f/f through most of it.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I tried watching the On Demand version last night but quickly realized that I simply cannot watch Le Show du Merde without being able to f/f through most of it.

That is the only reason I still have cable and a PVR. F/F is a must!  I only wish that I could also hear what is being said at 1.25-1.5X speed, like I do with many things on Youtube when people talk very slowly or yammer on about something I do not care about. At least I can F/F until I see a character I like. Luckily I live in Canada and if the show doesn't record for some reason, I can record it on a US channel the following day. On Demand is so annoyingly clunky.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

While I am all for Sharon losing her shit over Daniel, Heather and Lucy, she really should have called them and told them where their drunk daughter was instead of encouraging Faith to go get her. But since she’s dealing with ghost Cameron, I guess we can let it slide.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Chelsea is disgusting!  Just because stupid Billy harassed her for the truth didn’t mean she had to come clean.  Sally should have told Conner that his parents are a couple of whores and have a good knockdown drag out in that dinky stupid park. 

Billy needs a good  old fashion ass kicking. The way he is treating Lily is disgusting.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Applause 8

A Bitter Recap - Deeply Unlikable People

Woof. It’s assholes on parade, with the Newman horrors playing the role of grand marshal.

You know what makes for gripping television? A character silently reading a letter while another character looks on primly, barely able to contain their smug. Fake azz Nikki desecrates Katherine’s memory in order to use Lily as an unwitting tool in taking over Chancellor. It’s almost a relief when Billy Buttbiscuits rolls up to find out exactly how fuck-deficient Lily is.

It’s Nate’s unlucky day as Victor insists he sit down and accept his to-do list. All the items on the list are “tell Lily to go back to Winters.” Nate declines with a well-cocked eyebrow. Victor drags out the dead horse that is Nate purportedly trying to get him committed to a haunted asylum and stealing his doubloons. Fuck off, you dried up old vampire. We all saw what happened and that ain’t it. Victor really believes he has everyone guessing, even though he’s waving around his obvious intentions like he’s trying to guide an airplane to the runaway.

Hey, it’s the intrepid nose that knows sweet fuck all! Billy runs into Sally at her new old home at the Athletic Club. You might think Billy is a decent guy while listening to him commiserate with Sally, but you would be wrong. Sally is feeling a lot of anger still, possibly because the GCAC staff has yet to solve the stains Nick left. She flashes back to Adam saying the gruesome sex act he committed with Chelsea had something to do with love. Adam is such a garbage person that somehow Billy will be rewarded with a lady who is way too good for him.

Oh no. Fuck me in the neck. It’s the jackwagon family taking up all the park space to act like fucking cornballs. The scene hits its nadir when it shifts to an OCD PSA with Connor pretending to be a game show host asking his parents trivia questions about his condition. Seriously. The scintillating script clumsily lurches to the next plot point, with Connor wanting his parents to learn therapeutic touch via practice on each other. Therapeutically touch grass, JG. The ice cream truck arrives, Adam blames Chelsea for confessing, snarks on her garish lipstick and proves he’s a genuine Newman issue asshat. Okay, I’m the one who hated the lipstick.

Billy thinks Lily is going to take her massive severance check and get out of his way. While Lily is grateful to finally get a decent sized package from Billy, she’s going to fight him for Chancellor. Unfortunately, she chooses her allies poorly, because she calls Victor. Billy calls someone to see if he can get away with his shit, as this corporate brain genius never ran the firing past legal, I guess.

Connor spots Sally in the park and calls her over for some prime awkwardness time. Chelz sends Adam and Connor away so she can apologize for scarring the eyeballs of viewers with her and Adam’s nasty romp. Sally finds it hard to be angry with Chelsea, because Chelsea at least told the truth and she seems as repulsed by Adam as everyone else is.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sure Nikki, you should run Chancellor because you kept all the letters and notes Kay gave you over the years. I can't with this woman.

Victor. After what you did to Nate you expect him to be all "Bygones!" and join you for drinks on your demand? FOH.

Loved Sally's sundress. Me want.

Connor, your daddy already has a tool he can use when he gets stressed out. It's your mommy's special muscle messager. 😈

Lily, you have to wonder why Nikki is sharing her personal correspondence with you out of the blue. And why she cherry-picked the letter which made you cry due to the references to you and Neil. Don't fall for Nikki's manipulation!

Sally and Billy were wearing matching colors, again. Heh, heh, heh. 😻

Lily continued to balk at telling Nikki she'd been fired from A-C by Billy. Why, was she  embarrassed?

So, Sally was largely unaware of Chelsea and Adam's messy romantic history. Seemed odd to me. I'd've thought Chloe had given Sally all the dirt since Chloe hates Adam. Or Adam would've spilled it himself, back before he betrayed Sally's trust.

Nate, stop trying to argue with Victor. He will never let you win and only expects you to agree to do whatever he wants.

Really, Chelsea? Sally doesn't shouldn't want to hear anything from you. Stuff your sorries in a sack, you cheating biatch.

Whee, Billy walked right into a d!ck-swinging match with Lily. You better double-up on the little blue pills, William. Lily ain't backing down.

Lily. Getting Victor involved in your situation with Billy is NOT the way you want to go. Neil might have approved but Dru wouldn't. You need to call Jill!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

decent sized package from Billy

/dead/

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Connor, your daddy already has a tool he can use when he gets stressed out. It's your mommy's special muscle messager. 😈

knock it off!

• LOL 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Sally should have told Conner that his parents are a couple of whores and have a good knockdown drag out in that dinky stupid park. 

OMG, that would've been amazing. I couldn't believe how Chelsea and Adam just stood there and let Connor chat up Sally like they were all in a Disney movie together. Sally exercised way more restraint than those two cheaters deserved under the circumstances.

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Adam blames Chelsea for confessing, snarks on her garish lipstick and proves he’s a genuine Newman issue asshat. Okay, I’m the one who hated the lipstick.

I'm with Adam: Chelsea should've kept her cheating mouth shut, and that lipstick and oddly pale makeup made Chelsea look to me like she was doing kabuki theatre cosplay.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6

What part of Sally saying I don’t want to discuss this right now allows Billy to keep talking about it and invite Sally to have coffee.  Billy👃 being an insufferable vindictive prick is even more natural than Adam telling lies.  By the way, has Billy👃gone to the Phillis🕷️school of social etiquette?  

Billy👃says that Sally would be better off without Adam. WTF Billy👃?  Who elected you Sally’s protector?  Billy👃, are you trying to hint that Sally would be better off with you?  You say that Adam didn’t tell Sally until he was forced in doing so but didn’t you force Chelsea into telling you?  Billy👃, as usual, wasn’t thinking about anyone else when he barged into Adam’s apartment to confront Adam. Billy👃being contrite about admitting this fact, is very disingenuous.   

If Adam and Sally could comeback from Adam saving Sally instead of Ava, then they should be able to comeback from Adam and Chelsea sleeping together unless this is the final straw for Sally. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Caught up on a few days’ worth of episodes. Most entertaining moments weren’t from any storyline, but from waiting to see if Heather or Sharon’s eyebrows would  move AT ALL during their oh-so-emotional hospital scenes.

Verdict: no movement detected.

Chloe’s face looked refreshed today? Took me a minute to recognize her.

Lily, Lily, Lily… Like taking candy from a baby. My fervent prayer is that this whole thing is a trick she and Billy have concocted

• LOL 11

Chelsea advocating for Adam just made Sally think that Chelsea is still in love with him. Also, Adam’s admission that her still loves Chelsea didn’t help. It’s still not established what Adam actually meant by Adam’s love for Chelsea.   Adam’s love could just be emotional and not physical.  

I think that Society and GCAC should start charging for office space.  

What else can you say about Billy👃that hasn’t been said before.  Except that Billy👃wants to follow his nose which is a major undertaking.  In all likelihood this will leave Jaboat II upstream without a fuel. 

When Mrs Chipmunk talks all I hear squeak squeak squeak.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

How interesting that the first scene opened with a soapy version of the jazz standard, "So What?" First, the cheapskate TPTB paid to cover an actual Miles Davis song. Second, given the current state of Y&R, I think the tune's title could be considered a tad too on-the-nose. 😏

Lol, did Victor call Billy a "precock"?

Summer and Chance were doing those side smooches instead of kissing directly on the lips. Hmm.

Chelsea begging Sally not to dump Adam. This is my "um, no" face. AFAIC Chelsea was so far out of her lane she was two states over heading west on I-90.

Not sure why Billy felt compelled to try to impress Victor about his rise to the throne at A-C. Victor has never had any use for Billy; it was pointless.

Chance didn't know Lily had been fired. Did Billy not put out company-wide announcement?

So basically what Lily was doing at A-C was staging a mutiny against the owner and her proxy. Funny how Lily doesn't see it but Victor sure did when she asked for his help.

Marchetti Z still sounds like the punchline to a bad joke to me. And I'd almost forgotten Sally and Chloe were working for Summer.

Man, Chance had all the fire for Uncle Billy. Unfortunately Billy was wearing his flame-resistant body spray.  Ashy Mist™: New from Jabot!

Gah, I hate how clueless Lily is being right now. Nikki and Victor are straight up tag-teaming her and she thinks she's got Neil's hallowed memory to protect her. Giirrrlll.

Too late, Chelz. You should've stopped speaking of the Baltimore tryst before you and Adam left MD. That milk ain't getting unspilled.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/29/2024 at 10:05 AM, VanillaBeanne said:

Adam who burned Ashley’s miscarried fetus,

absolutely revolting, disgusting and abhorrent.  Along with the Botox eyeballs  there is no going back for me.  He's disgusting.  Once again, shame on the writers

• Like 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Gah, I hate how clueless Lily is being right now. Nikki and Victor are straight up tag-teaming her and she thinks she's got Neil's hallowed memory to protect her. Giirrrlll.

We can only hope that very soon the ghost of Neil Winters comes to Lily in a vision and says, replete with jazz hands and air sax, "Skibbity Boo Bahpiddy Skabiddle, that Victor is a very, very, very bad man (™️Baboo) Lily! It's time to skididdle and not skidaddle, ya dig daddykins?!?"

*bows deeply, exits stage left*

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1