Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Poor Christian. AFAIC his daddy provides him a weak example.

Fortunately, daddums isn’t around enough to provide anything.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 8
15 hours ago, Peppermint said:

following Audra to Paris so he can have a place to plug in his laptop. 

I don't think its his laptop he will be plugging in. 

Look for Connor to be back in GC in 3, 2, 1. His OCD was just a plot point to get Adam and Chelsea in bed. Now that they have, he will make a miraculous recovery.

I loved it when Adam was working with Jack.  Until Victor and Kyle put an end to that. If I wrote the show, Adam would go to Jack and help him steal Newman Enterprises (possibly after Victor tells him that Nicki will be taking over  and Adam can work for her now. ) Adam would run Newman for Jack while Kyle gets the boot. 

Claire is working my last nerve. Why does she always speak in that low, husky voice? Did Jordan get her hooked on cigarettes at the age of 8? She will be going to Paris so Kyle will have two places to plug in his....er....laptop.

• Like 5
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Unathletic Club said:

I loved it when Adam was working with Jack.  Until Victor and Kyle put an end to that. If I wrote the show, Adam would go to Jack and help him steal Newman Enterprises (possibly after Victor tells him that Nicki will be taking over  and Adam can work for her now. ) Adam would run Newman for Jack while Kyle gets the boot. 

This is a great idea. I’m so tired of Viktor winning.  It would be even better if Nikki jumps on board because of Viktor’s treatment of Jack and helps take the old goat down. Bonus points if Nick and Victoria join in.  Go Team Jabot!

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

Am I missing something? Why does Phyllis have such a hard on for going after Audra all of a sudden? Audra is not going after Kyle and does NOT seem to be the stepmotherly type so I'm sure she gives no thought to Harrison. Worry about Claire.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Someone needs to school Faith that Lucy comes from at least two generations of BSC and dangerous. Daniel and Heather seem totally oblivious to how weird that behavior is.  Daniel brushing it off like it is fan girling. Why on earth would a kid in college hang out with a 15 year (is she even that old?) old she just met? 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Phyllis cornered Faith in the public park. She's got a set of stones on her.

Okay, Sally, I see you. Working from home and working those pleather leggings.

So Audra and Kyle have to charter a flight to Paris. Seems to me Glissade would have a company jet, especially if the CEOs will be splitting their time between GC and Paris.

IMO, Faith was epitome of grace when Phyllis was being so schmoozy toward her. Why in the world did Phyllis think she was entitled to Faith's favorable opinion of her?

Real talk from Sally to Adam regarding his plan to use his new role at Newman Media to stand guard between Victor and Jack. She was pretty much speaking for most of the audience, I think.

Drat. We were almost rid of Heather and Lucy, courtesy of Paul in Portugal. Thanks a lot, Lucy. Your Faith fangirling is already ruining everything.

But Summer, you are! You are the bad guy for insisting on using lawyers to try to defy reality. Too bad your mommy only partially told you what you needed to hear about the wrong path you're on.

I don't see why Daniel is determined to stay in GC.

Lucy gushed to Faith that since she's not returning to Lisbon, the two of them can hang out together all summer! The "oh lord no" reaction on Faith's face was priceless.

More chatter of Tucker as a lurking threat to Glissade. Show, I told you to stop getting my hopes up! Aaargh!

Heather's pants. What in the misshapen stitched-together bolt of overwashed denim was that mess?

Audra has a strictly business relationship with Kyle now, and Summer is jelly with no peanut butter. So of course psycho mommy Red offered to jump into the fray. Hopefully Phyllis hasn't forgotten she's on parole.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Unathletic Club said:

Look for Connor to be back in GC in 3, 2, 1. His OCD was just a plot point to get Adam and Chelsea in bed. Now that they have, he will make a miraculous recovery.

And natch, Connor will demand that his parents be together in the family home for his mental health, and once again we will have a Chadam, vomit-inducing regurgitated pairing, with Chels and Adam looking glum as fuck, and demon seed Connor will be beaming with clueless happiness at his success in manipulating his parents again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

A few questions come to mind right off the bat. Why does Phillis🕷️ even care what Faith thinks of her?  Why is Lucy wearing more makeup than she usually does?  Why does Sunmer❄️x8 get a life?  

Kyle just dropped the mike on Summer❄️x8 with taking Harrison and Claire/Eve with him, to Paris, and there is nothing she can do about it.  Has Harrison ever said that Summer❄️x8 is his mother?  He only calls her mommy because Summer❄️x8 is the replacement for Tara who they are very careful in not mentioning Tara to him.  I don’t even remember if he was given an explanation of where his mother is. I know I’m beating a dead horse in asking for Tara to return. It’s time, in fact beyond time, for the delusional Summer❄️x8 to finally be put in her place.  Phillis🕷️ WTF?  Kyle is being insensitive because he’s telling Summer❄️x8 that Harrison is not his real mom because she’s not his biological mom?  No Phillis🕷️ it’s not insensitive to speak the truth.  Phillis🕷️ Kyle is playing dirty?  I guess you should know because you are the expert of playing dirty.  Kyle is just reacting to Summer❄️X8 delusional demands. 

So Kyle is going to Paris with Audra. Big f….ing deal. That’s his business partner. Summer❄️x8 has Kyle said one word about you and Chance?  

Poor Faith, she has a stalker in Lucy.  Lucy should be hanging out with Johnny not Faith.  

Summer❄️x8’s delusions pail in comparison to Phillis🕷️’s delusions. Beside an expert on playing dirty, Phillis🕷️ is a thousand times more vicious than Audra. Audra is only vicious in business. Phillis🕷️ is vicious in all matters. 

Totally random. Claire/Eve has a passport. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

So Lucy's hair looked nice enough -- if she was a 40 year old soccer mom.  Seriously, WTF with her hair?  Last week it looked like she took an egg-beater to it . . . and now she looks older than her mom, who's over-stuffed with botox & sports lanky hippie-chick hair.  Do show stylists not know how to work on anyone who doesn't have ridiculous hair extensions?

Have not been at all impressed with the actress playing Faith.  She's walking around like she's a zombie in Night of the Living Dead, & saying her lines in such a catatonic/lethargic way, like she's gonna fall asleep.  Ah, but then stalker Lucy comes around, assuming they're gonna spend every second of summer together.  And now we finally get a rise outta Faith.  She ain't half-asleep (or half-dead?) anymore!  Congrats on all those WTF looks you're giving, Faith!

And what's up with the Lucy-as-stalker storyline, Joshie?  Inspired by Single White Female?  Going back over 30 years for inspiration?  And to give us yet another GC child with mental health issues?  Ugh.

Knock, knock, hello there, Sally -- are ya just waking up to what an asshole Adam is?  Well, if ya are, hun, somethin' else you should know . . . your new best friend Audra is a snake who's just pumping you for info she can use for her own benefit.  Sheesh, Sally, you've really positioned yourself in a pit surrounded by slithering snakes.  Yech.  Maybe she wore that ugly blouse, with the dizzying pattern & peek-a-boo shoulders, to shield her (& fend off) the snakes in her life?

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/16/2024 at 11:38 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

ICAM.

Out of curiosity I did a search for videos of people doing Miss Mary Mack and 99% of them were girls/women. Combine that with Harrison's shirt and I briefly wondered whether the show is establishing a certain characterization for him that they won't really be able to play out until he's SORASed to at least his late teens. If you're familiar with the adult character Greg Rikaart (Y&R's Kevin Fisher) portrays on DOOL--especially his wardrobe--you'll know what I mean.

I'd be impressed if Y&R is laying such a groundwork with Harrison because generally CBS is very conservative in that area, and Harrison is a member of one of the legacy families. I know we have Mariah and Tessa but IMO they're bisexual women who currently are in a same-sex relationship. Meanwhile, they're sort of teasing a flirtation between Tessa and Daniel.

You should be a writer for them, Joi, cuz this is an interesting storyline.  But you're giving Joshie way too much credit for coming up with anything like you've suggested.  I wouldn't read so much into what you've observed -- only cuz the writers have been so lame, lazy & short-sighted.

Look, they could've easily given Tessa & Mariah more to do.  They're both good enough actresses to carry interesting (or any) storylines.  I mean, now they're just 2 happy-happy boring lesbians, living their totally accepted existence in their little bubble world & they only seem to exist, as to how main characters are affected, and don't have any probs of their own. 

Uh, a lesbian couple in a small city in the Midwest . . . and they NEVER face any hostility or discrimination or prejudice?  Really?  OK, then.  I suspect Joshie doesn't wanna go anywhere near such "heavy" issues.

As far as Harrison's shirt?  Well, sometimes a tacky flower shirt is just a tacky flower shirt, & reflects the taste of the wearer more than anything else.  Or in the case of a small child, the person who put the shirt on the kid -- and we know the taste range of the show stylists -- don't we?  Er, see Sally's crazy get-ups.  And that patty-cake thing (or whatever it was)?  Seemed to me, just a time-waster btw nanny & child.

I suspect the next thing coming up involving Harrison will be a custody battle cuz soaps luv that . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 4
  • Love 5

This version of Harrison is at least better than the last kid who stared off into the distance the whole time and, of course, the hair. I don't know why soaps get such bad child actors because it seems like there would be so many talented young actors in L.A. A big part of the problem is they don't know how to write for kids. The dialog tries to be hip but it is delivered like a 50 year old saying skibidi and they make the kids weirdos. Harrison should be wanting to play at the park with his friends, not hang out with his 28 year old nanny doing Miss Merry Mack. 

That is why young Camryn Grimes was so memorable. She is one of the very few soap child actors who I thought was so good in the role. The writing was better then, too, I think. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

A Medium Recap - Bad Loon Rising

Josh Griffith subscribes to the Shovel school of writing. From the dawn of the written word, certain scribes found themselves so enamored of their own navels that they failed to notice the deep, dark, dreary hole they were digging for themselves. Folks would gather ‘round the edge of the hole, yelling for the wordsmith to “dig up, stupid!” Tragically, most writers would grip their shovels harder, furiously displacing dirt until they disappeared into the planet’s molten core. Or, god willing, a cesspool.

Speaking of sewage, did anyone need to watch Phyllis roll up on Faith to make sure Faith didn’t hate her for her trash behavior? There were three sides to the story of her and Nick’s tawdry affair, Phyllis explains before she and Faith kiss each other’s asses. The cow flops pile higher and deeper as Faith confides in Phyllis about Moses. The inappropriate interactions are sadly not over for Faith.

Thankfully, we get a nice palate cleanser with - no, I’m getting word from the booth that we’ll be enduring two more cheating poopdogs in a cozy cafe with their annoying AF daughter. Daniel, Heather and Lucy were going to visit Paul in Portugal, but the denim addict relapsed and became hopelessly ensnared in a pair of Levis. Daniel is relieved, recalling the horror of his father in law’s drumstick and nuggets starkly outlined in blue fabric. Paul’s been free ballin’ in retirement. Now Genoa City is stuck with these dullards.

Adam cops major attitude with Sally when she sensibly warns him about working for his abusive father. He stomps off to the park, and my stars and garters! It’s Chelsea! Sorry, I’ve been jonesing for a joyless, self-absorbed pair of cheaters with all the sexual heat of a snowman locked in a freezer on Pluto. Daniel and Heather are like settling for sniffing glue compared to the glorious piles of cocaine sulking on that park bench. Adam and Chelsea just really know each other, you know? Adam’s well-honed instinct for self sabotage will torpedo his relationships with Sally and Jack, but, hey… he’ll still have Chelz.

It’s just depressing assholes all the way down, as a bouffant and a pout do battle over who the biggest prick is. Kyle and Summer somehow both win. Kyle, once again showing his deep respect for the women he works with, attaches himself like a remora to Audra’s Paris jaunt. Summer overhears and goes from zero to velociraptor in a matter of seconds. Kyle’s level of rage is off putting and gross. Summer’s brought a lawyer in, so Kyle decides he’ll take Claire and Harrison to Paris with him. They never seized Claire’s passport? Audra’s going to love all the extra company.

Audra and Sally regurgitate everything that just happened and share way too much information with each other. Just take out a billboard that says Victor is the mystery investor and be done with it.

Phyllis advises Summer to back the hell off of the custody stuff, but then goes unhinged about Audra for zero reason, ominously pondering how to get rid of her while ignoring the smoldering sibling chemistry between Kyle and Claire. CAW CAW!

Lucy finds Faith in the coffee shop and gives her the awesome news about not going to Portugal. Lucy wants to hang out that evening, but Faith has a college pool party to attend. Lucy, possessing her grandma’s sense of boundaries, tries to invite herself. Faith looks like she’d rather spend the day with Cameron Kirsten, bombs and all.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

from zero to velociraptor

I love this so much I want to sue for custody of it even though I know that'd be legally stupid.

9 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

A big part of the problem is they don't know how to write for kids.

Yep. I think they have Connor talking like he's a robot trained to imitate a kid. Harrison seems to be an overcorrection for the previous version of him who was practically mute.

9 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Or in the case of a small child, the person who put the shirt on the kid -

But who in Harrison's life would've picked that shirt? The Abbott males don't wear loud, flowery prints except maybe in a necktie or pocket square on a special occasion. I guess Summer could've bought it but why would she want him to look so unusual? I doubt his little playmates in the Upper Midwest are wearing Miami Vice shirts. Sheesh, maybe Ashley's alter Belle bought it. 🤯

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, surfgirl said:

And natch, Connor will demand that his parents be together in the family home for his mental health, and once again we will have a Chadam, vomit-inducing regurgitated pairing, with Chels and Adam looking glum as fuck, and demon seed Connor will be beaming with clueless happiness at his success in manipulating his parents again.

On a related note, it only recently occurred to me Connor might've faked his OCD to manipulate his parents. That would mean he also fooled a lot of medical and therapeutic professionals trained to discern when an actual mental problem exists. Not sure I buy Connor having that kind of skill at deception, even as the son of a former grifter.

Whatever, spumor has it that Chelsea will be pregnant as a result of her ONS with Adam. I think it'd be interesting to see how Connor would handle no longer being the center of attention. Would he heartily embrace a new sibling or react like Katie did towards Claire?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

So today was the battle of the assholes. First Kyle trying to sweet talk Claire into going to Paris, then Phyllis deciding that Audra is a threat to Harrison and Kyle must be stopped from absconding with his child…on a business trip. Next up is Nikki with her nose so high I’m surprised she didn’t touch the sky! She walks in on Adam and Sally kissing and sticks her nose even higher (if that’s possible). With clear disdain she dismisses Sally and tells Adam that his position at NM is temporary and if he knows what’s good for him, he’ll toe the line and graciously give the company back to her whenever she decides she wants to return. so glad he told her to find out what Victor’s plans are for him or he might just decide to stick around after all. Of course it isn’t his decision to make regardless, but it was nice to see him fight back against Nikki.

you know things are bad when Nick is the voice of reason, but he’s fighting a losing battle . I still don’t understand why Summer thinks she has ANY rights at all regarding Harrison. Did she adopt him when I wasn’t looking? I get that she’s attached to him and vice verse. But legal rights?

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

Give it up Phillis🕷️and Summer❄️x8. What has Audra done personally to you two that makes her so dangerous?  Is it because Kyle played hide the pickle, with Audra, after he couldn’t trust Summer❄️x8 anymore after her lies about Phillis🕷️ being alive.  If you think about it, Summer❄️x8 was the catalyst for the divorce. It was Summer❄️x8 that chose mommy dearest over Kyle and Harrison. Summer❄️x8, Kyle hurt you 😂. I do believe it was the other way around. 

Like mother like daughter.  They never really blame themselves for what transpires.  

Yes Summer❄️x8, the truth does hurt. YOU ARE NOT HARRISON’S BIOLOGICAL MOTHER!  

WTF Summer❄️x8!  You’re fighting to stay in your son’s life?  When has Kyle told you to stay away from Harrison?  In fact, Kyle has bent over backwards to try to accommodate your unreasonable demands.  

There is a conclusion that I just have to articulate. Claire/Eve was raised by a vindictive evil woman but has found understanding and conviction. Summer❄️x8 in the other hand was raised by a vindictive evil woman and has become vindictive herself but maybe not all that evil.  Sometimes I feel sorry for Summer❄️x8 knowing that her parents are enablers and feed into her delusional life.  Summer❄️x8 is a spoiled brat. She runs Adam and Chelsea off the road killing their unborn baby and her father buys her a new car. She comes back to GC in a car she stole, from her boyfriend, and doesn’t get arrested.  

Going to her lawyer is going to stop Kyle from taking Harrison to Paris 🤣🤣🤣. Let’s see how the monkeys with a keyboard is going to make that happen. Besides any lawyer who takes on this custody battle is nothing more than a hack.  

Phillis🕷️ a little revisionist history?  Wasn’t it Noah that broke Audra’s heart?  Didn’t Audra try to win Noah back?  Stink eye?  No Phillis🕷️, you have a resting stink face when someone doesn’t agree with you. 

Victoria and Nikki are so vindictive against Adam, they think he will never leave NM. Did they forget he left before and it’s really up to Victor if Adam stays or goes.  

I’m guessing that Victoria grew her hair longer trying to look younger. If so, it’s not doing her justice.  Either that or she’s trying to compete with Phillis. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Harrison's obsession with worms. Is that a real kid thing? Caterpillars I could see but not basic worms.

I thought Claire was right to regard Kyle's motives as sus. He's trying to use her as a weapon against Summer. Duh, Kyle. You're clearly instigating.

Wait, Phyllis and Summer think Audra and Kyle are still sleeping together? No wonder they've been flipping out. Maybe they should get more current on the hot GC goss. O hai Nate.

FFS, Phyllis, Audra didn't chose Kyle as her co-CEO. She didn't want that at all. You and Summer are spinning your fears and fantasies about her into a bizarre alternate reality.

When Victor starts speaking of himself in the third person, beware. At least Adam picked up on it right away.

Darn, I was hoping Sally's gift to Adam would be a box of chocolates.

Claire's gigantic bag when she went to the coffeehouse. Dang, she could smuggle Harrison out the country in that thing, ha ha.

Luckily, buzzkill Nikki didn't barge into the NM office and catch Sally and Adam in flagrante instead of just smooching. She likely would've needed a vodka-infused memory wipe afterwards.

I loved the way Adam was totally unbothered by Nikki's histrionics. Girl, bye. Your own husband won't even listen to your rants, Nicole.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

Fantasy Episode: Victor awakens one morning to find that all his children have departed Genoa City in the dark of night in a pre-planned escape that is planned in every detail, right down to phony social security numbers and passports for themselves and their children, because that is the only way they can escape their father's iron fisted control over their lives - the last shot will be of the smoldering ruins of the Newman mansion.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
(edited)
On 7/15/2024 at 5:07 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

I know. How many warnings does she get to stop messing with her face?! I wonder if anyone in her life (family, manager) ever says anything to her or even someone from the show. I think actors have to get permission for hair changes and things like that? It is really distracting.

After all these years of doing well on her meds, the writers probably had to come up with the current SL for Sharon to explain her wild eyes and expressionless face.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Denize said:

After all these years of doing well on her meds, the writers probably had to come up with the current SL for Sharon to explain her wild eyes and expressionless face.

I was at the gym today and GH was on one of the TVs and it looks like Eva LaRue goes to the same face doctor because she has rhe exact same frozen face, nose, lips, it was horrible.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 6
(edited)

Nikki thinks she's this,

giphy.gif

but she can't even rise to Hyacinth level.

giphy.gif

It's not so much I want her to fall off the wagon as it is I want her to fall on her face, hard.  But I guess that stick up her ass also keeps her upright.

Edited by boes
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11

Dear Billy Abbott;

Dude, I’m back on my game. You needs to let me guest host this sweet gig. I got time now that Vic will be doing all the work at Newman. I blew my own frickin’ mind today telling Supergirl to go chew some kryptonite. Her mom, on the other nut, was… not helpful. Yeah, good ol’ Phyllis was talking about Audra like she was a deadly piranha whoring her way up the Amazon. WTF? Then she’s encouraging our daughter to fight Kyle in court for custody of what’shisname, when that shitshow blew up in her face with Daniel. Even I learned to stop airing out my corned beef in public when the cops finally tazed me. (See how my life experience can benefit your readers?) I was so mad, brah, but then I saw this sweet hole in her dress between her tangerines, there was titty sweat shining like a diamond and I somehow invited her to lunch. My other ex is back to mourning our dead daughter, so this is probably a good time to give her space and get my tires rotated by the sex fiend I knocked up with a replacement daughter. Right?

Nick (throwing good dick after bad)

Dear Nick; 

I’m sorry. People who give their children stupid nicknames and continue to use them, in public, into that child’s adulthood are not qualified to dispense advice. You also don’t seem to learn from your mistakes. Don’t get me wrong; I am the master of delivering sage wisdom followed immediately by a colossal fuck up. Your fuck ups aren’t even worth it, tbh. Embezzle from Newman Enterprises for banana boat money or get to stepping. Admittedly, standing by with your thumb up your ass while Phyllis encourages Summer to napalm her own life is a pretty slick move. Less is more, as I’m sure all the ladies tell you. Also, the fact that your letters are written in crayon is two strikes against you.

Dear Billy Abbott;

What an invigorating afternoon I had today. You will be pleased to know that my rehabilitation continues at a brisk and satisfying pace, news I shared with my precious children over tea and crumpets. We had a lively, sophisticated discussion about how Victor’s lesser child suckles at the teat of mediocrity. I was feeling mildly perturbed at my husband installing his little jizz goblin in my executive office, but my children cheered me immensely with their profound disdain for Adam. It was gloriously cathartic and rather flattering to my maternal ego to hear how they rearranged their lives and subdued their own misgivings to keep their father calm and protect me from his shenanigans. I was then driven to Newman Enterprises, where I found Adam disgracing my office with his redheaded tartlet. I dismissed her and proceeded to lay down the law with the usurper, who will be defenestrated if he does not swiftly surrender the company to me when the time comes. He had the cheek to demand I funnel information to him! Why, I almost removed a silk glove from my purse to slap him about the head and neck! Before taking my leave, I slipped a whoopie cushion onto his seat. Good luck maintaining  credibility with your employees as embarrassing flatulence thunders through the hallways! I am a droll little minx, aren’t I?

Nikki in Exile

Dear Nikki;

I’ll pretend like you seriously want advice. Not one member of your hopeless family is under any obligation to do Victor’s bidding. Walk away with a “toodle-loo, motherfucker” and let him find some other dumb suckers to torment. Break the fucking cycle already! Now that we’ve dispensed with common sense advice you’ll ignore because your entire family has Stockholm syndrome, let’s once again bring you back down to Earth with the rest of us mere mortals. Listen - no one regrets Adam’s existence more than me. He ran over my kid and most recently fucked my girlfriend. If I can be civil toward him, your high society ass can chill the fuck out. Do you think a single employee in that building will bat an eyelash at explosive fart sounds? Lady, your gassy gorilla of a son is famous for his roaring backside, no novelty props needed. Victoria told me that Nick has a vacuum sealed storage closet in the C suite where he keeps his farts. If he has to save the world from the horse’s ass of the apocalypse and his mustache of doom, Nick will break the seal and Newman Enterprises will be instantly vaporized.

Dear Billy Abbott;

Do not, and I mean do not, give me a single word of advice. I don’t need it. I solved the puzzle, bitch. I’m living the dream in every way possible. My ex thought she could dropkick me in the jimmies with a custody battle, but when you come for the king of cosmetics, you’d best not miss. Summer gave me a great idea - taking Claire and Harrison to Paris with Audra and me. I’m pretending it’s an educational opportunity for the kid, but, in reality, it is my masterwork “fuck you”. They might erect a statue of me in Paris, for real. I’m driving Summer straight to crazy town, annoying the shit out of Audra, destroying Jabot and hopefully doing a little governess shagging on the side. All in one single move. Put respect on my name and my game.

Kyle, Le Smirk

Dear Kyle:

I won’t give you advice, but if I may offer condolences to your bouffant? I’m sorry it lost that no holds barred cage fight with the weed trimmer. Tbh, I feel like you owe me the $500 I lost on a pomp parlay. It’s okay though. We’ll just file it away with all the times you’ve failed and disappointed your family. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Dear Billy Abbott;

What an invigorating afternoon I had today. You will be pleased to know that my rehabilitation continues at a brisk and satisfying pace, news I shared with my precious children over tea and crumpets. We had a lively, sophisticated discussion about how Victor’s lesser child suckles at the teat of mediocrity. I was feeling mildly perturbed at my husband installing his little jizz goblin in my executive office, but my children cheered me immensely with their profound disdain for Adam. It was gloriously cathartic and rather flattering to my maternal ego to hear how they rearranged their lives and subdued their own misgivings to keep their father calm and protect me from his shenanigans. I was then driven to Newman Enterprises, where I found Adam disgracing my office with his redheaded tartlet. I dismissed her and proceeded to lay down the law with the usurper, who will be defenestrated if he does not swiftly surrender the company to me when the time comes. He had the cheek to demand I funnel information to him! Why, I almost removed a silk glove from my purse to slap him about the head and neck! Before taking my leave, I slipped a whoopie cushion onto his seat. Good luck maintaining  credibility with your employees as embarrassing flatulence thunders through the hallways! I am a droll little minx, aren’t I?

Nikki in Exile

Nikki, did you have Jack write this for you, because no way can you write compound sentences full of multisyllabic words. You and your poorly-educated children need to get all the way over yourselves. The ability to access a thesaurus is not a life skill. I said good day!

• LOL 10
(edited)

Nikki thinks using big words is classy. That, and too dark lipstick. Classy.

I am so sick of the Let’s Be a Dick to Adam club

I was considering filling out a membership application, to be honest. If he’s knocked up that idiot, he is dead to me. 

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I was considering filling out a membership application, to be honest. If he’s knocked up that idiot, he is dead to me. 

I'm with you, but Chelsea seems to be able to get pregnant in a rain storm.  Eventually everybody in town will have one of her kids.  She'll hide one under everybody's seats like Oprah's did her giveaways.

• LOL 15
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Harrison's obsession with worms. Is that a real kid thing? Caterpillars I could see but not basic worms.

My six year old grandson has an entire zoo built in the backyard of worms, lizards, bugs, pretty much anything that lives outside.  Yeah, I’m buying Hairyson’s fascination with critters.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Chelsea it’s not about only you. Billy👃maybe able to forgive you but you also have to think about Adam and Chelsea.  Think about it. Chelsea’s imbalance can be contributing to Connor’s OCD along with finding out Johnny is his brother and being bullied in school because his mother tried to kill herself. 

Yesterday we found out that Claire/Eve has a passport and today we find out she’s a virgin. I’m more shocked about the passport than being a virgin. I always figured as much since Auntie Jordan didn’t allow her to drink so why wouldn’t she allow Claire/Eve to have a boyfriend. 

As much as I’m not shocked about Claire/Eve being a virgin, I’m not shocked that Phillis🕷️sits around, all day, and passes judgement on everyone and everything.  

Billy👃, true to form, really doesn’t want to work. He just wanted an ego trip.  

Now is Chance being a clueless schmuck to play hero to Summer❄️ x8. Chance of course Kyle can take Harrison to Paris without her permission. The same is for Dominick. Abby doesn’t need your permission for anything she may decide to do.  Summer❄️x8’s lawyer confirmed that She can’t stop Kyle from taking Harrison to Paris and yes Summer❄️x8, you don’t have any rights. 

Is Sharon escalating from being bipolar to having DID?  Sharon is right though. Phillis🕷️has no right to have deep conversations with Faith. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, boes said:

I'm with you, but Chelsea seems to be able to get pregnant in a rain storm.  Eventually everybody in town will have one of her kids.  She'll hide one under everybody's seats like Oprah's did her giveaways.

And Victoria cannot adopt them all. She's too busy worshipping Claire. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Hey, it's Chance. 😍

Chelsea. What happened with Adam was an ACCIDENT? Come on, did you trip and fall onto his...well, you know...repeatedly? You're ridiculous.

Sharon walked up, greeted Nick, and then strolled away without saying hi, bye, or kiss my @$$ to Phyllis. But she sure did give Phyllis the hairy eyeball. Whee!

Oh please, Claire is scared to travel out of the US? Her young siblings attend a Swiss boarding school most of the year. Even Harrison has lived in Italy for a while. IMO she stays playing for sympathy.

Today I noticed the thing Claire was toting was a backpack styled more like a handbag. Fashion do.

Chance reduced to serving as an exposition device. Meh. We already knew all that stuff about the C-W demerger. Not sure why it was necessary to have him explain it to Summer.

OTOH, I could listen to Chance ragging on Uncle Billy all day long.

Summer is still carrying some serious hostility regarding Billy. Wow. I think even Chance was taken aback by her sudden rant.

I'd definitely enjoy seeing Billy get gut-punched by finding out Chelsea cheated on him. However, I don't think she should offload her guilt onto him by confessing. Keep yer trap shut, Chelz.

Claire insinuated to Victoria that she's a virgin. Hmm. Not sure I believe her.

Sigh, Claire, Kyle is many things but "safe" isn't one of them. Look up his ex-lover, Lola Rosales. Or his uncle and former wingman, Theo Vanderway. They can give you plenty of unsafe dirt on your boss.

Summer, you're involved with one of the hottest men on the planet. Yet you had the nerve to claim you couldn't figure out a way Chance could take your mind off the Kyle dramaz. FOH, you spoiled baby.

Man, I don't what's going on with Sharon's bipolar medication but it sure seems to have eliminated her ability to chill. She went wild mama bear on Phyllis with a quickness, at the mere mention of Faith. Holey moley.

Ha, ha, Summer! The answer to your dumb question is: no, you have no rights as a mother because YA AIN'T ONE! #freetara

Ditto comments upthread, not sure why Claire already had passport if she had no concrete plans to travel abroad. Plot convenience was convenient.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Now is Chance being a clueless schmuck to play hero to Summer❄️ x8. Chance of course Kyle can take Harrison to Paris without her permission. The same is for Dominick. Abby doesn’t need your permission for anything she may decide to do

Chance might have a better case than Summer does.  He was married to Abby when she had Dom and even though Devon is the sperm donor, Chance would have been named as the father on the birth certificate.  I don't remember hearing that ever being changed.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Yesterday we found out that Claire/Eve has a passport and today we find out she’s a virgin. I’m more shocked about the passport than being a virgin. I always figured as much since Auntie Jordan didn’t allow her to drink so why wouldn’t she allow Claire/Eve to have a boyfriend. 

If she's never been out of the US, and is scared to travel outside of the country, why on Earth did she have a passport? Was Jordan hedging her bets to get out of the country w/Claire if necessary?

Edited by Denize
  • Like 5
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, boes said:

Chance might have a better case than Summer does.  He was married to Abby when she had Dom and even though Devon is the sperm donor, Chance would have been named as the father on the birth certificate.  I don't remember hearing that ever being changed.

He might have a better case but he doesn’t sound all that interested in being with Dominick. Chance hardly mentions him. 

Summer❄️x8 only busts Kyle’s chops because she’s an unreasonable jealous spoiled brat who has to get her own way just like her mother dearest.  All the time she spends with Harrison she seems very awkward and sort of cold. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

jizz goblin

Nana had to google this phrase because it's a new one for her, and she came across three definitions in the online Urban Dictionary - she assumes that you've used that phrase to describe Adam as an annoying child who is always ruining Nikki's plans.

They need to just go ahead and rename this show The Young and the Restaurants.  I swear every character has every single meal at one of the three restaurants.  Doesn't anyone just have a bowl of cereal once in a while?  It's bizarre that a disproportionate number of scenes take place at GCAC/Crimson Lights/Society.  Maybe that's why the show feels so dull and repetitive.

Jill should reclaim her power and hand it to Chance, the real heir to the company. My show timelines are always a bit sketchy, the years blurring together the way they do.  But I'm pretty sure Billy was born a few years after Philip III was thought to have died, so Chance should be older than him.  Yet Billy looks and acts like the wise Yoda business mentor, which I can't take seriously on any level.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

defenestrated

Again, NinjaPenguins, with the words that I have to look up, because I thought being defenestrated was some gruesome form of Medieval torture that involved removing internal organs while the victim was still alive, something that I would not put past Nikki when it comes to Victor's jizz goblin.

your high society ass

Don't you mean "your high society ass that you used to show off to the customers at Club Bayou"?

• LOL 2
On 7/17/2024 at 4:45 PM, MollyB said:

I’m so tired of Viktor winning

Article in SoapCentral.com 9/28/2009: "Eric Braeden out as Y&R's Victor Newman: The Young and the Restless without Eric Braeden's Victor Newman? It may seem unthinkable to fans of the CBS soap, but the unthinkable just became reality. A contract flap between Braeden and show execs has prompted the show to write out Victor and Nikki. Will either return? A rep says maybe not."

Article in Sportskeeda modified 10/28/2023: "Is Eric Braeden leaving The Young and the Restless? Rumor Explored:" "His last air date was set for November 2, but on October 24, his representation revealed that Eric Braeden had reached an agreement with The Young and the Restless head honchos, suggesting a return." To quote EB, "'We reached an impasse in the negotiations. I have shown flexibility, they have shown none. It is over. I pulled the plug. That’s it—no more. If I show goodwill, I expect it to be reciprocated. If there is a rigid attitude on the other side, what is there to negotiate? That’s a sign of utter disrespect. I will not negotiate with people who remain aloof and arrogant about the whole thing. Not after 30 years, I won’t do that.'" - - apparently EB likes to throw his weight around, so I can believe the following comment posted in Soaps.com June 2022: "No one will convince me that Eric Braeden doesn’t have it in his contract that Victor always needs to come out on top."

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

apparently EB likes to throw his weight around

Just wondering if any attempts at fading out all the rewarmed leftovers storylines from 40 years ago while fading in storylines more reflective of modern times aren't quashed by EB; maybe, we should all live that long, we'll have to wait for the actor to "die in the saddle" for that to come to pass.

1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

They need to just go ahead and rename this show The Young and the Restaurants.  I swear every character has every single meal at one of the three restaurants.  Doesn't anyone just have a bowl of cereal once in a while?  It's bizarre that a disproportionate number of scenes take place at GCAC/Crimson Lights/Society. 

You bring up a great point about the lack of sets and the repetition. The only ones who cook seem to be Mrs. Martinez with her snickerdoodles and Danny with his "special sauce." 

I swear though Sharon in the kitchen - was that the first time we have seen the kitchen in her house? I remember when she and Nick moved into it. #old  Wasn't it the ranch caretaker's house and they fixed it up? 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Definitely the first time in my memory that the kitchen has been shown. #ancient.

And I STILL wonder how that little cottage morphed into a 4 bedroom house. Unless those 4 family members are all cozying up on cots & sleeping bags in a dormitory upstairs. 

Why hasn't Vicki used some of her millions to build a new house already ?? Or it's not worth the effort 'cause the young'uns are soon to be put back on a slow boat to Switzerland this Fall ??

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Denize said:

If she's never been out of the US, and is scared to travel outside of the country, why on Earth did she have a passport? Was Jordan hedging her bets to get out of the country w/Claire if necessary?

Maybe Aunt Jordan thought they needed passports to go out of their minds as well as out of the country.  

Always prepared, like the Boy Scouts.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11

A Midsized Recap - A Field Guide to Salads

If you’re a fan of deeply unpleasant people pretending to consume food and beverages, have I got a show for you!

Chance is poking a paltry salad with his fork and bemoaning corporate “intrigue.” Chance has the CEO of Buttbiscuits International pretty well pegged, causing Summer to launch into a vitriolic tirade against Billy VonNoseholes. It sounds suspiciously like her rage-fueled fantasy about Audra. Does this asshole have a normal, proportionate reaction to anything? Chance invites her to the postage stamp sized park, where the stench of two losers blowing smoke up each other’s log flumes still lingers.

Billy and Chelsea somehow fit their supermassive egos into park airspace, where Billy tongue bathes Chelsea with enough enthusiasm to make a dog’s balls jealous. Chelz, still wearing that stupid orange bib dress, ain’t having it. She repeatedly stops just short of confessing, opting to kiss Billy’s colorless, shapeless ass instead.

An excruciating, interminable mother/daughter confab at the coffeehouse between Victoria and the Virgin Claire goes absolutely nowhere but to the inevitable conclusion of angelic Claire flapping her wings to Paris with Kyle. Victoria unsurprisingly has very few qualms about inappropriate workplace relations and talks Claire out of hers. Claire feels ‘safe’ with Kyle, oblivious to how he’s angrily burning bridges until he overreaches and fails in a blaze of glory and hair gel.

Did someone mention failure? Because here’s Nick and Phyllis being complete dicks. Sharon is there at Society (I guess? The eateries are blending together) to pick up food, clearly stoned out of her gourd and needing to stave off the munchies. Nick stupidly confides in Phyllis that Sharon is struggling, and Phyllis stupidly pretends that she’s tried so very hard to be kind. Apparently Sharon served Phyllis a mug of straight molasses at Crimson Lights recently, which is a hell of a lot nicer than the cup of shut it she deserves. Not content to just spill the tea, noble Nick invites Sharon to join them so Phyllis can gawk at her like a lab specimen.

Oh noes! Summer can’t stop Kyle from taking Harrison on a business trip! Just enjoy the break from Kyle’s rage boi explosions, asshole.

Chelsea never actually confesses and will hopefully be fired when she shows up to her Marchetti meeting in that orange bib.

Sharon hilariously jumps up Phyllis’ ass about talking to Faith. It would be more enjoyable if Sharon wasn’t clearly having a breakdown, but beggars can’t be choosers. Nick makes some impressive faces during the exchange. Sharon splits with her food. Phyllis warns him not to play hero. She doesn’t need to worry, because if Nick cared about Sharon at all, he wouldn’t be sharing her business with the remorseless lamprey who helped blow up her life.

What an exciting Friday!

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

tongue bathes Chelsea with enough enthusiasm to make a dog’s balls jealous

Stellar observation, Ninja. ( Also, ya done killed me again.)😂

• LOL 6
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She went wild mama bear on Phyllis with a quickness, at the mere mention of Faith. Holey moley.

While she was at it, she should have told Phyllis to keep her "psycho?" granddaughter away from Faith!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

Between the 1960s hairdo and the shirt Sharon wore back in 2018 (according to Worn on TV), it seems to me like someone behind the scenes at Y&R isn't a fan of Lucy. Geez.

spacer.pngspacer.png

4 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

While she was at it, she should have told Phyllis to keep her "psycho?" granddaughter away from Faith!

I know that's right. Lucy already looks like she got Grandma Phyllis' no boundaries nutbag gene.

I sure hope JG isn't going to have Faith die or get critically injured because of Lucy and alcohol. That history doesn't need to repeat itself, plus it would be too cruel to Sharon to lose another child at the hands of Phyllis' kin. If it happened I think I'd be okay with Sharon going off her meds and simply murdering Phyllis.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

An excruciating, interminable mother/daughter confab at the coffeehouse between Victoria and the Virgin Claire goes absolutely nowhere but to the inevitable conclusion of angelic Claire flapping her wings to Paris with Kyle. Victoria unsurprisingly has very few qualms about inappropriate workplace relations and talks Claire out of hers.

Victoria was basically encouraging Claire to go get her cherry popped by Kyle in Paris. So, one would think she'd also have recommended Claire stop by the Newman family gynecologist (😉) and get on birth control beforehand. Because the last thing Claire needs right now is to get pregnant. She's practically regressing back into Vikki's womb her own self.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

First off, WTF was Phyllis wearing???  The peek-a-boo/hello-boobie hole in that dress was not centered, so it wasn't showing cleavage, but rather side-boob.  Er, what the what??  Ew, yuck & feh.  Ugh, with this unfettered desire to serve those boobs up to us on a tray & her new role as GC's resident town yenta & butt-in-sky . . . all she needs to do is gain a few lbs & she'll be this-

And what the heck was up with the preview?  Did Vic say he bought a business "bigger" than Newman to a sour-faced, skeptical-looking Nikki . . . or did I hear that wrong?  And was he referring to Glissade?  Oh Vic, is Newman doing that badly?  Gonna start taking all meetings in the park & have your peeps do their "work" (whatever that is) in the 3 GC restaurants?  And did he say he wants Nikki to run it?  Wait, what?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Imagine what it’s like working at Newman Enterprises. Division heads change at a moment’s notice, the founder demands a pint of blood once a year, and some unqualified dudebro is getting ten times your salary to read comic books and scratch himself before touching everyone’s food in the break room fridge because he smelled a banana. The only way to climb the ladder at Newman is to be a Newman.

Morale must be through the roof.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9