Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Vic

(edited)

I got a laugh when the Mayor and the PR woman were talking on the morning after and I misheard her saying "I took a leap coming here"  as "I took a leak coming here."

The LAPD is stumbling over who would want the rapper/activist dead, and I kept saying "It's the developer." Outside forces are generating online conflict between two gangs.  Hint:  It's the developer.  There's a boatload of money to be made gentrifying the area.  Hint:  It's the developer.  Doesn't anyone on the force watch tv?

A side question:  If Tommy came from an outside department to take the Chief job, would she have all those service stripes on her uniform?  She hasn't put in 30 years with the LAPD?

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

I got a laugh when the Mayor and the PR woman were talking on the morning after and I misheard her saying "I took a leap coming here"  as "I took a leak coming here."

The LAPD is stumbling over who would want the rapper/activist dead, and I kept saying "It's the developer." Outside forces are generating online conflict between two gangs.  Hint:  It's the developer.  There's a boatload of money to be made gentrifying the area.  Hint:  It's the developer.  Doesn't anyone on the force watch tv?

A side question:  If Tommy came from an outside department to take the Chief job, would she have all those service stripes on her uniform?  She hasn't put in 30 years with the LAPD?

Yes Google Fu says .

638.10 WEARING REQUIRED.

Sworn. For each five years of sworn service with the Department, officers shall wear one service stripe on the uniform shirt. Laterally hired officers shall wear one service stripe for each five years of California law enforcement experience, or law enforcement experience with a state accredited law enforcement agency equivalent to Peace Officer Standards and Training.

When Chief Brattan came over from  New York he wore the service stripes I don't remember with Chief Willie Williams who never passed California POST requirements after leaving Philadelphia and can't find an image of his left arm in the LAPD long sleeved uniform.

I spent the entire episode thinking the same about the tired real estate mongol killed not Nipsy Hussle storyline.  But then when the twist came we were once again back to are there any black man black woman couples left in 2020 for a mega TV trend. Perhaps like other shows Son's of Anarchy, S.W.A.T. they should use the made up gang names from The SHIELD.  The eastside whatever gang travelling all the way to Crenshaw made my geographical sense ping over like it does on Deputy

Edited by Raja
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I am over the daughter and son-in-law too. The granddaughter is cute, however. I think the show would be much better focusing on the police work and on Tommy's social life -- instead of the daughter and her family. 

Otherwise, I still like the supporting cast at police headquarters and the mayor's office. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, LisaM said:

I am over the daughter and son-in-law too. The granddaughter is cute, however. I think the show would be much better focusing on the police work and on Tommy's social life -- instead of the daughter and her family. 

Otherwise, I still like the supporting cast at police headquarters and the mayor's office. 

I think in its beats the CBS eye sees this show taking over for an aging Blue Bloods

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, LisaM said:

I agree. That daughter needs a shrink. And kudos to whoever said she and her whore-mongering husband are entitled hipsters. I do like their house, though.

So is the real estate guy now going after Tommy?

• Love 3

I was warming up to the daughter but the son-in-law lost me forever with his smarmy douchebag face and stank attitude. What a creep.

I love Tommy and I love the supporting characters, all except for Deputy Mayor Doug who is obviously one of those types. Abner can also be a bit of a jerk but he's also funny sometimes so I go back and forth. I really like Mayor Buddy and hope he doesn't tip to the Dark Side. I like how he was presented ambiguously in the beginning, like is he a jerk or actually a decent guy? Love Ken and Blake.

I find this show has much better writing and more humor than Deputy, and I hope it gets renewed.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, politichick said:

So is the real estate guy now going after Tommy?

I did get that impression, but can't figure out why. She likely has something in her past that will come to light, but this guy is obviously a multi-millionaire looking to make a killing in some shady real estate deal(s). Don't see how an expose' on the PC will fill his needs.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, preeya said:

I did get that impression, but can't figure out why. She likely has something in her past that will come to light, but this guy is obviously a multi-millionaire looking to make a killing in some shady real estate deal(s). Don't see how an expose' on the PC will fill his needs.

Shady Real Estate Mogul wants to either replace Tommy with someone who will do his bidding, or blackmail Tommy into doing his bidding.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Shady Real Estate Mogul wants to either replace Tommy with someone who will do his bidding, or blackmail Tommy into doing his bidding.  

How someone so rich can be such a poor judge of character. He obviously was born on third base and thinks he hit a home run.

• Love 2

Man.. The daughter was turning the corner... And maybe if what the husband did was some other type of crime I'd give her some leeway, but old buddy cheated on you with a Pro... You can't be upset when mommy( who you just stopped actively hating other seems)  wants to keep her distance.... But overall I guess it's still in character... She's still got serious stuff to unpack with her mom.. And was just getting stuff right with her man ( shout out to whoever it was upthread who asked of there are anymore black on black relationships on tv anymore.. Ill add the caveat of the show not being targeted at us minorities)  so add it all up her being big mad was disappointing but not surprising.... The husband tho???  What was that 

How can her daughter not see how much exponentially worse her and her husband's life could become if it became public that her mother was trying to intervene on their behalf? Twenty years ago, Tommy could have gotten the case quashed without fear of reprisal, but we are living in a cultural time that is extremely unforgiving of people in power trying to wield it to get favorable results unavailable to the average person. College admissions scandal anyone? Does the daughter really want to find herself in the middle of a cancel culture shitstorm? All for the sake of her prostitute-banging, cheating husband that like, WAS NOT EVEN SLEEPING IN THE HOUSE as recently as like a week ago.

Get out of here with that shit!

She needs to think about herself and her OWN daughter, and kick that entitled mofo to the curb. I have legitimately never wanted to smack the taste out of someone's mouth as badly as I did that smarmy guy on the steps of his work. Are you fucking kidding me, trying to blame your mother-in-law for the situation you're in? She literally did you a favor she did NOT have to do by giving you a heads up, and the opportunity to handle it yourself. If you were my son-in-law, that wouldn't have happened. You'd've come home to find your possessions on the lawn. So, seriously, beard? Go fuck yourself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

In the beginning for me this had the chance to be a good show with a strong lead actress and what seemed to be a solid supporting cast.

After a couple of strong episodes to start it's degenerated into another typical CBS show with too many storylines.

The PR lady and the mayor bumping uglies. That isn't going to end well.

The daughter and her lowlife husband. Not even the actor and actress are likable characters.

And now the scumbag greedy developer.

Gonna watch one more episode and then I'm done.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, auntiemel said:

How can her daughter not see how much exponentially worse her and her husband's life could become if it became public that her mother was trying to intervene on their behalf?

59 minutes ago, JayDub said:

Gonna watch one more episode and then I'm done.

I will probably watch the next episode to see if Tommy or someone has a line explaining that the Chief of Police intervening for family will make things worse for the family. I mean, maybe Tommy's daughter has never watched Blue Bloods. But I fell asleep during the last commercial break this week, so I might not catch such a line if it is uttered. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I will probably watch the next episode to see if Tommy or someone has a line explaining that the Chief of Police intervening for family will make things worse for the family. I mean, maybe Tommy's daughter has never watched Blue Bloods. But I fell asleep during the last commercial break this week, so I might not catch such a line if it is uttered. 

Tommy told the daughter herself... Who at first seemed ok.. Then all of a sudden said.. She could do something if she wanted to.. But wouldn't... 

Good episode but another vote against the entitled daughter and hipster (ugh) husband.  I'd be find if they shuffled off to Buffalo or where ever.  You KNOW the scumbag real estate developer is going to be the on-going big bad (at least for a while) and not only is he going to try and find something on Tommy, you know he's going to be using Mayor Buddy's weekend with the PR woman against him.  

• Love 1