Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E04: Auditions Part 4

• Start Topic

Mosean. Damn. He was fantastic. Had an Otis Redding vibe about him that I was really liking. He and Olivia were my particular favorites from this round of auditions-I hope they both go far. I liked Ren, too.

The ghost whisperer and his family were...interesting :p. And I'm still giggling over the guy who thought that Lionel Ritchie had hosted "Wheel of Fortune" at one point, and thought Luke Bryan was Justin Timberlake :p. 

I'm curious to see what will become of that couple who auditioned as time goes on.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Mosean. Damn. He was fantastic. Had an Otis Redding vibe about him that I was really liking. He and Olivia were my particular favorites from this round of auditions-I hope they both go far. I liked Ren, too.

The ghost whisperer and his family were...interesting :p. And I'm still giggling over the guy who thought that Lionel Ritchie had hosted "Wheel of Fortune" at one point, and thought Luke Bryan was Justin Timberlake :p. 

I'm curious to see what will become of that couple who auditioned as time goes on.  

Agree with everything above! Although I'd reverse the order (Go, Ren! 😁)!

Pretty Boy was Pretty Ignorant Boy and meh singer, but....pretty. Does he have a poster? Asking for a friend. 😊

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
(edited)

I like the first guy who auditioned.  Brown hair.  Luke thought he sounded like Eddie Vedder, but I think Luke just got confused because he kind of LOOKED like Eddie Vedder.

I thought it was a good episode with a lot of good auditions, but that first guy was the one to stand out to me.

I defend these judges but something I HATE is the constant hyperbole.  They've promised top 10 to like 200 people at this point.  Katy (whom I actually love) tells everyone they're top 10/top 5/top 1 material and it's just so hackneyed, unnecessary, and annoying.  Whom does it benefit to get kids' hopes up like this?  Why is that good?  Also, America is voting, not her, so……?  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

(copied over from where I left it under wrong episode #)

I'm amazing myself by saying my favorite audition last night was Zack, the mud-covered 'Deliverance' extra. It was like taking a time machine trip to about 1840 or something. No, it's not American Idol stuff, but fascinating and very, very real.

I also liked Ren and Olivia, although I'm sure perky and perfect Makayla and Sonia will be the chosen ones. Also appreciated Moshawn's voice, although his song was all kinds of monotonous.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I'm amazing myself by saying my favorite audition last night was Zack, the mud-covered 'Deliverance' extra. It was like taking a time machine trip to about 1840 or something. No, it's not American Idol stuff, but fascinating and very, very real.

By far he was mine as well. Very real as you said and special. I was mesmerized. When Lionel said he had no words what came to mind for me was Jesus take the wheel with this kid. The judges can help polish him up but it's really out of their hands. What he has was given. Also his guitar playing, that little chord switch thing he did? Damn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I like the first guy who auditioned.  Brown hair.  Luke thought he sounded like Eddie Vedder, but I think Luke just got confused because he kind of LOOKED like Eddie Vedder.

I thought it was a good episode with a lot of good auditions, but that first guy was the one to stand out to me.

I defend these judges but something I HATE is the constant hyperbole.  They've promised top 10 to like 200 people at this point.  Katy (whom I actually love) tells everyone they're top 10/top 5/top 1 material and it's just so hackneyed, unnecessary, and annoying.  Whom does it benefit to get kids' hopes up like this?  Why is that good?  Also, America is voting, not her, so……?  

Are you talking about the dental student?  IF so, Luke did mention Eddie Vedder, but, I think it's due to how they both keep their eyes closed when singing!  lol    But, then, Ritchie mentioned Robert PLANT, which was wild, because, I had stood in front  of tv during the performance with heightened interest in this guy and Plant came to my mind. as well.  I am a huge fan.  He's not like Plant a lot, but, I get why Ritchie said that.  I will root for the guy, but, think that a dental career probably makes more sense.  I think he knows that too.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
On 3/9/2020 at 7:49 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I get the new feel-good Disney version has a straightforward mission, but (as I think someone here recently said, or maybe it was my partner at home, but I'm stealing somehow) "this season makes 'pitchy, dawg' look like a thorough critique." This episode fell into that trap, as all I can remember is blandly attractive people getting lauded for singing well and the Zack experience, which will not go far in this tv world. 

• Love 1
On 3/9/2020 at 4:15 PM, Blissfool said:

The "pretty couple" that sang Shallow wasn't as good as the judges seemed to think. And I usually LIKE all covers of that song. 

They were highly overrated. Maybe so the lovers can be tragically torn apart during the next round?

I was also surprised the woman in the wheelchair got through. 

• Love 3

I found Pretty Boy obnoxious (who doesn’t Google the judges before an audition?). There was something about jacked tooth Deliverance kid that really made me watch. Mostly I am grateful for fast forward. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Space Cowboy was it, the male half of the couple, thought he was much better than his girlfriend.

Was surprised the woman in the wheelchair didn't mention Ali Stoker, who became the first actor in a wheelchair to be nominated for, and then win a Tony. In a role that had always been for an able-bodied person.

• Love 1