Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Who Should Be The Judge

• Start Topic

To air on March 4, 2020:

A convicted murderer’s escape hits close to home when several members of the team find themselves in danger. Dr. Charles and Dr. Halstead continue to clash over patient treatment plans. Dr. Choi and April discover the truth about a patient’s scam. Maggie finally receives some good news.

I had a feeling that Annette knew and didn’t care about the liver scam. All she wanted was a family and she finally got one. Once again Ethan and April’s judgmental attitude has them looking stupid. Yes she had every right to know, but once she told them that she knew they should’ve let it go. Also it’s highly unprofessional for any medical provider to yell at their patient. 
Maggie is finally getting her forever. At least she didn’t hook up with any of her coworkers. So is it a known fact that Crockett overindulges when it comes to alcohol? Alcohol aside, he has to be the most level headed doctor at med. He was not phased by that fool holding him and Natalie hostage. I still believe he lost a child, which is why he stopped their kidnapper from killing himself.

After tonight’s episode I am open to a Crockett /Natalie relationship. She’s less insufferable with him  around and he easily shuts her nonsense down. Plus the way girlfriend ran to him when he came out of the house, she’s definitely into him. 

• Love 12

It's sure a good thing that Crockett and Natalie are such good doctors.  I was impressed with the way the convict was walking around on his bum leg after almost losing it.  It sure healed up fast.  I was also so  touched by the wailing and thrashing about that Natalie did when she saw Crockett come out of the house unharmed.  Sarcasm.  You would think that they had had some sort of interaction besides conflict in the last few months.  You could see that she was emotionally distraught about how he was.  What a crock... There is no pattern to any of the storylines - it is like they decide in the morning that these two will get together and it makes no sense and there is no introduction to a relationship - it just magically happens.  Except for April that is still making goo goo eyes at Crockett after one measly kiss.  Geez, she must be a mess after a New Year's party.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Pretty obvious that is where this was headed.

How did April gain access to the adoption records?   I seriously doubt she would be able to get them all on her own without a court order.

I saw the piano player playing and I said to myself, "Please no, not another show with a character singing."

The dude wanted to see his dying son before his son died.  There had to be a better way to go about that without all of the kidnapping going on.   And the idea that bad guys would be having their fingers on the triggers of their guns while the vehicle is moving is ridiculous.   The car hits a bump, gets into an accident, slamming of the breaks and those fingers will pull the triggers.

I don't know how they are going to get there, but at some point I think Crockett is going to knock up April.   That has to be how she gets pregnant.   And yes, I know the infertility issue is with April, not Choi.  Still, April hasn't been able to let the "kiss" go.  

Halstead is such and asshole.   I bet he didn't pickup the pill before he left the room.  If anyone at that rehab facility picks that pill up, that still could cause Doctor "Addict" to lose her medical license.

Crockett can't even be bothered with April, especially after that hug with Natalie. That adoption record subplot was ridiculous.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, marionette said:

It's sure a good thing that Crockett and Natalie are such good doctors.  I was impressed with the way the convict was walking around on his bum leg after almost losing it.  It sure healed up fast.  I was also so  touched by the wailing and thrashing about that Natalie did when she saw Crockett come out of the house unharmed.  Sarcasm.  You would think that they had had some sort of interaction besides conflict in the last few months.  You could see that she was emotionally distraught about how he was.  What a crock... There is no pattern to any of the storylines - it is like they decide in the morning that these two will get together and it makes no sense and there is no introduction to a relationship - it just magically happens.  Except for April that is still making goo goo eyes at Crockett after one measly kiss.  Geez, she must be a mess after a New Year's party.

I think their friendship was implied by Natalie teasing him about his drinking habit. I'm all for them getting together at least they have chemistry unlike the Chexton hot mess.

• Love 4

"She'd rather live a lie."  It's not a lie if they both know they're not bio-relatives. April not telling Ethan about the kiss and her obsession with Crockett -- now that's living with a lie.

"I cannot believe you would do this" says April, the woman who would do anything to get her way.

My mother had malignant hypothermia, I do not. That's how genetics works. Choi.  Did you miss grade 10 science?

What is it with the super emotional women on this this show? Maggie and April both go to a police blockade to hug Natalie. Maybe wait till it's over?

10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Halstead is such and asshole.   I bet he didn't pickup the pill before he left the room.  If anyone at that rehab facility picks that pill up, that still could cause Doctor "Addict" to lose her medical license.

I know!  I was shouting "pick up the pill!!!"

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"She'd rather live a lie."  It's not a lie if they both know they're not bio-relatives. April not telling Ethan about the kiss and her obsession with Crockett -- now that's living with a lie.

"I cannot believe you would do this" says April, the woman who would do anything to get her way.

My mother had malignant hypothermia, I do not. That's how genetics works. Choi.  Did you miss grade 10 science?

What is it with the super emotional women on this this show? Maggie and April both go to a police blockade to hug Natalie. Maybe wait till it's over?

April is projecting her own guilt on to others while Crockett lives rent free in her head. Why were they at the scene in the first place? Choi missed a lot of things including common sense.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 4

i felt for the mom of the schizophrenic. i had a roommate like that, and i often wish there could have been something implanted with a time release.  I'm not against individual rights, but skipping one day of your medication can mess up what you think you can handle on your own for months. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I have seen the other side.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, jabRI said:

i felt for the mom of the schizophrenic. i had a roommate like that, and i often wish there could have been something implanted with a time release.

There are.  Not implants, but a number of medications come in an injectable form that can last anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months, depending on the specific meds.

Charles' patient actually would have been perfect for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

But the problem wasn't that she missed taking her medication because she was spending the nights with her boyfriend, it was that she had made a conscious decision to stop taking it a couple of months before because it was killing her creativity, which was her legal right, and her mother was secretly dosing her because she thought her daughter should still be on it..

Stopping medication is not uncommon among people who have mental illnesses like schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder,or even ADHD, because it can feel very uncomfortable or limiting being on the meds.

The broader question is what are the limits of letting a person make the decisions about their own treatment when their judgment may be compromised by their illness.  The mother felt that she had to keep giving her daughter the medication even though the daughter had said that she didn't want it any more,

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2020 at 1:04 AM, LittleIggy said:

April was so jealous seeing Nat hugging Crockett. Haha! 

I can't stand the bitch Previews for next episode suggest maybe she finally tells Ethan about Kissing Crockett. Hope he dumps her ass 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 10:48 PM, Josh371982 said:

I can't stand the bitch Previews for next episode suggest maybe she finally tells Ethan about Kissing Crockett. Hope he dumps her ass 

April has blown that one kiss totally out of proportion.  Talk about a mountain out of a molehill.  It’s not like she slept with Crockett.  I believe her feelings are still very strong for Crockett or she would have told Ethan about the kiss WEEKS ago.

I am liking Crockett and Natalie.  The writers finally got it right.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, tinderbox said:

April has blown that one kiss totally out of proportion.  Talk about a mountain out of a molehill.  It’s not like she slept with Crockett.  I believe her feelings are still very strong for Crockett or she would have told Ethan about the kiss WEEKS ago.

Totally agree. If it was nothing more than a kiss, she would've let it go by now or just told Ethan about it and emphasized that it was nothing. But it's clearly not nothing for her; between her obsession over this tiny indiscretion and her apparent jealousy over whatever connection she perceives is between Natalie and Crockett, she clearly is into him. I can't stand her.

• Love 6

How lucky that the liver patient and her friend found a random woman to con who just happened to be a compatible match. But yeah, Ethan and April continuing to browbeat her after she said she was at peace with what happened was ridiculous.

My understanding (admittedly mainly from medical shows) is that methadone or whatnot is used temporarily during rehab, then the patient is weaned off of it under supervision. I'm not sure why that would be verboten for medical professionals if she had completed her course of it by the time she returned to practicing.

That said, Halstead trying to smuggle the drugs to her anyway was incredibly stupid. Regardless of whether taking it would have disqualified her from being a doctor in the future, the psych patient was right there in the episode as a handy reminder of how dangerous it can be if someone's taking medication that's not on their chart.

I have zero faith that Natalie will suddenly become a watchable character when they hook her up with Marcel. Not looking forward to that relationship.

• Love 2
On 3/5/2020 at 6:33 PM, statsgirl said:

The acting during that scene was appalling, especially from Natalie, who sounded like a D-list news presenter reading from a cue card.

Count me as another yelling "pick up the pill".

• Love 3

I also wanted him to pick up the pill. Talk about a return to for Halsted on being an idiot. Of course he decides to smuggle in drugs. What could possibly go wrong? What an idiot. 

This episode reminded me of the ER episode when Abby gets dragged into a car and kidnapped. 

Felt bad for the mom of the schizophrenic girl. It's one thing for parents to stand by and let their adult kids learn from mistakes--but a lot harder when the child is so mentally ill. Not saying she was correct but I can see how painful it would be to watch a loved one start hallucinating etc.