Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Zephra Cares

Aulty

Amy organizes a community service event, but it's jeopardized by Jeff's return and Glenn's desire to help his co-workers. Sandra confronts Jonah about his strategy for soliciting donations. Garrett tries to prove his intelligence to Dina.

Original Air Date: 2020/02/27

5 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Wasn't the older female customer played by the actress who played Jerusha, Glenn's wife? 

I don't think so, but she has been on Superstore before.  As a Superstore executive, I think.  Very weird seeing the same actress in a different role.

• Love 2

Unless I am confused, that customer Jonah was flirting with was played by the same actress who played the District Manager, Laurie Neustadt.  Played by Jennifer Irwin, per IMDB.  If it's not her it looks like her.

"I've never been profiled, except racially." 😂

I didn't realize the totes contained such high-value items until Cheyenne unpacked the one Glenn put in her locker. This is one of the few times Amy did something great, so I felt bad that Glenn sabotaged it, as much as his heart was in the right place. 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 9

The older woman customer was played by Earl's mom from My Name Is Earl.

ETA: Her name is Nancy Lenehan. And she totally looks and sounds like the District Mgr Laurie actress.

Edited by nikita
  • Love 3

I thought this was a good episode. Interesting detail that Dina stood up for her "best friend Amy" even after Amy muted all her messages and told Dina nobody likes her last week.

I am surprised no comment pointed out yet how AMAZING Sandra has been in this episode, oh my God. The entirety of that plotline was gold, with Sandra overreacting to Jonah's behavior, telling Jerry on the phone that Jonah made her do stuff with men for money, telling Jonah to take notes because Jerry is marriage material...I loved it, I loved it all! Perfection.

Edited by Harvey
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Harvey said:

I am surprised no comment pointed out yet how AMAZING Sandra has been in this episode, oh my God. The entirety of that plotline was gold, with Sandra overreacting to Jonah's behavior, telling Jerry on the phone that Jonah made her do stuff with men for money, telling Jonah to take notes because Jerry is marriage material...I loved it, I loved it all! Perfection.

I agree. For me that plotline was the best part of the episode.

• Love 2

So was Jeff still with corporate or was he making it up? I couldn’t figure it out bc Amy let him keep trashing her and never made a call to corporate to confirm. They know he lied about Target (do I remember that right?), but she should’ve checked  regardless. And those bags were pretty much useless. Why ask vendors to provide unnecessary, luxury products to people who are struggling to pay for electricity? I’m a huge supporter of reading and public libraries offering downloads (don’t get me started), but I’d be meeting strangers from Craig’s List in parking lots to sell those e-readers for $75. And why make the people come to the store in the first place? To get them to go inside and spend money? It was another Amy fail from start-to-finish, and that was before Two-N-Glenn got his hands on it.

Best part was Sandra condescending Jonah, and her categorizing his condescending attitude to customers as “doing something to men for money.” Jerry was P. I. Double S. E.D. Pissed, y’all.

Loved the call back to one of my favorite plots from the show: Glenn co-signing Cheyanne’s lease. Bo wanting a house w a double staircase; him checking out if the counter would be strong enough for he and Cheyenne to have sex; Bo being able to recognize his friends by their dick pics; the realtor’s regrets about moving back to St. Louis, and my favorite line ever that I customize as needed, “Why ya gotta be such a bitch, Kathy?” 

• LOL 3
13 minutes ago, marny said:

Loved angry Jerry wearing the crab sweatshirt that we learned at the wedding he only wears when he's crabby. Great callback.

I totally forgot that! Things are making sense that the show has an older feel and callbacks in light of America leaving. The people making the money are coming back to keep it going. That is a great thing!

• Love 2

Sandra and Jerry are just the gift that keeps on giving. "If you mess with my marriage...I wont like it." And yes, Jerry reads magazines, total marriage material!

This was probably Amy at her most competent in ages, this was actually a really good event, and it all would have gone perfectly if Glenn hadn't messed it up, albeit with good intentions. "Except instead of robbing the rich to feed the poor, you robbed the poorer to feed the poor." 

• Love 2