Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E03: The Blind Auditions, Part 3

• Start Topic

Airs March 2, 2020

Coaches Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton vie to discover and coach the next singing phenomenon on the third night of blind auditions.

(edited)

Huh. My internal Voice algorithm assumed Hawk was making a team only because I can't remember getting three Zero Chair turns in a 2 hour episode (that didn't involve a super fast montage of 2 to 4 people).

Allegra from the US Virgin Islands has it tonally, but has rudimentary pronunciation skills that will get very annoying, very soon.

Military Guy and Thunderstorm (lol) ascend into the Top 5 auditions we've seen so far.

I would've swore the Gypsies, Tramps, & Thieves singer was a legit 50 years old. When they finally showed who she was, I was flabbergasted.

Sarah, and Samantha. Hello to our first two, true country singers....and neither ended up on Team Blake. *Dr. Evil pinky move* Interesting....if I had to pick, I think I lived Samantha's voice a touch better. Seemed more in control for one thing.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1

Nick is an excellent addition to this show! He's surprising me with his intelligent critiques, wit, and charming banter. I loved the way he wiped Blake's kiss off his cheek.

There seems to be some awesome talent this season... and I don't miss Adam. At all. Nor Gwen.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Nick is an excellent addition to this show! He's surprising me with his intelligent critiques, wit, and charming banter. I loved the way he wiped Blake's kiss off his cheek.

The Jonas Brothers were on that songwriting show and Nick was the standout there. He had the best musical instincts of the three brothers and gave the most interesting comments so I had some hopes that he'd be good here but even so he's exceeded my expectations. He's got great chemistry with the cast, is willing to make fun of himself, has good advice to contestants and is probably the best pitchman of the coaches. I've been really impressed.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, vibeology said:

The Jonas Brothers were on that songwriting show and Nick was the standout there. He had the best musical instincts of the three brothers and gave the most interesting comments so I had some hopes that he'd be good here but even so he's exceeded my expectations. He's got great chemistry with the cast, is willing to make fun of himself, has good advice to contestants and is probably the best pitchman of the coaches. I've been really impressed.

I also had high hopes since he did well when he was a Voice mentor too.  Like you mentioned, he was also great on Songland.  But I wasn't sure about all the other things that you mentioned.  He's a great addition.

• Love 2
(edited)

Who was Nick Jonas a mentor for?

Answering my own question......he mentored in season eight for Christina Aguilera.   John Legend has previously mentored for Adam.....while Kelly, going all the way back to season two......mentored for Blake.

Edited by Swenson
  • Useful 2

I agree with Carson, Thunderstorm gave us one of the best auditions in the history of this show.  Certainly among the Top-10.  That was amazing.

Otherwise it was kind of mixed bag.  Allegra was very good, while Samuel and Camm were fine.  But the rest were very mediocre.

I'm also liking Nick as a judge so far.

• Love 4
On 3/3/2020 at 7:14 PM, viajero said:

I agree with Carson, Thunderstorm gave us one of the best auditions in the history of this show.  Certainly among the Top-10.  That was amazing.

Otherwise it was kind of mixed bag.  Allegra was very good, while Samuel and Camm were fine.  But the rest were very mediocre.

I'm also liking Nick as a judge so far.

Who names their kid after an allergy medication?  That's all I could think when I heard her name.

• LOL 1
On 3/6/2020 at 12:16 AM, DaphneCat said:

Who names their kid after an allergy medication?  That's all I could think when I heard her name.

She comes from a musical family, so I just thought it was a feminized version of the musical term allegro. I didn't even think of the allergy medication 😂

On 3/6/2020 at 12:16 AM, DaphneCat said:

If you took an L out of her name, it would mean something like, "someone who makes people happy" in Spanish.

Allegra is an actual given name, meaning happy in Italian.  I knew a girl in school by that name, but I always think of Lord Byron's daughter whenever I hear it.

It also got some traction for Harry and Meghan's baby (should it have been a girl), as it was reportedly Diana's favorite name (not that she would have ever been allowed to use it).