Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Derrick apparently was talking to himself about something when the feeds came back. Possibly F2 speech. Do you guys think he should mention that he is a cop, and was an undercover cop? Or do you think it will hurt him?

ETA: Sounds like Cody won POV. Bye bye Caleb. Unless Cody pulls a fast one on Derrick. He seems to be the winner.

Edited by SiobhanJW

I don't think he should mention it. Why tell them he deceived them in that way when it isn't really pertinent? He can give a speech about what a great player he was and how he masterminded all the moves etc…but to throw in there that he's a cop won't get him any factors, in my opinion. But then again, no matter what he says he will probably win. 

• Love 1

If I were Derrick, I would not bring that up in the F2 speech; that has the potential to spiral very badly if people aren't comfortable with being duped.  I think he's got this on lock in F2, talk about comp wins, etc.  To introduce that variable at that point would be very unDerrick-like.

ETA:  Or, more concisely, I agree with WickedWitch.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

There was an immediate response from the audience (gasps?) and Derrick quickly moved to the After space. IF he did in fact change his mind due to hearing the audience reaction to his choice, it won him HOH. Otherwise, Cody would have won.  Did anyone else notice this?

Yup, I did too, Lord Bowen.

Seriously though, was he trying to channel a young Richard Simmons when he swished out on stage with glitter, the flailing arms, and the jazz hands? He's so extra.

I now hate Frankie with the brightness of a thousand sparkly glitter pieces. BLECH.

Edited by housecat

Wow, I'm surprised Cody won POV. Final 4 veto is usually a complex puzzle based on house events. I guess he did win the boxing one and almost the before & after... I think he seems totally vacant but there's actually something going on in his head. Way to go Cody! Bye bye Beastmode.

For me, it's gotten way past the point where I am rooting for entertainment. Not one real loud, shouting fight all season. Boo. No big shifts in alliances, no shifts in power, that sucked hard. All I personally have left is to hope that the person I kind of like, who I absolutely think played the best game, pulls it off. Is never nominated, is never threatened, just breezes through to the end.

Not the way I enjoy watching the show, not what I usually like in a person, but let's see.....Victoria has done absolutely nothing but check herself out in mirrors, suck up to Derrick, give horrible DRs and be a bitch when voting out Brittany and Amber. Caleb is still a misogamist redneck asshole (and always will be, IMO) who tells Derrick of all people all the votes Caleb will have in the end, including Derrick's, and how he's a shoo-in for AFP, which is more than enough for me to root against him. Cody tries to play, god bless him, but he's just not good at making actual decisions. So of course I want Derrick to win. He has been focused since day 1. I wanted to punch him in the throat when he kept lying to me in the DR about Donny, but then Donny left, and he started telling me things I wanted to know, and all was forgiven.

For me personally, if Caleb managed to luck into (and I say luck into, because part three of the final HOH is the crapshootiest crapshoot in the history of crapshoots) the final HOH, him booting Derrick would be awful. It might be worth a gasp, and me thinking "well, which of these two horrible players just got a bunch of money", but it wouldn't be entertaining.

As for the AP money? It is extremely stupid, and I wish they would take that money and use it for America's player, which I firmly believe will be Donny or Zach. Splitting the vote is only a problem if there's a viable third candidate. Voting is on the website, yes? Frankie ain't a threat. But that being said, I don't really care who wins what money. I'm not getting any of it, so it's not real. I care who wins, who loses, who wins AFP, and who doesn't. Who gets what money means nothing to me, because the money never really seems real to me.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 4

If Cody already won POV, who were the noms?  Somehow I missed that.

Went back and read Jokers and they too mention Cody getting the POV, without mentioning noms.

It's late, and I'm confused.

Edited by Skycatcher

Whoa- I've been watching and didn't pick up on Cody winning POV at all.  What clues did I miss??

ETA: Okay, I didn't miss anything - I'm guessing the comment about Cody winning POV was referring to the LAST POV, not the current one.  BC they haven't even done noms yet!

ETAA:  Stinger97, you've done a great job mod'ing this forum.  And to my fellow posters, you've been great, too.  There have been a few instances of folks slinging slurs or being totally out of line, but I think that the repeat and consistent posters have all been awesome, even when we really disagree about people or what's going on in the house.  You've all made this mostly boring season much more exciting, so, thanks!

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

Whoa- I've been watching and didn't pick up on Cody winning POV at all.  What clues did I miss??

ETA: Okay, I didn't miss anything - I'm guessing the comment about Cody winning POV was referring to the LAST POV, not the current one.  BC they haven't even done noms yet!

I think they did Noms and POV today and Cody won POV. I think Caleb and Vic were nominated. So yeah, bye, Caleb.

It totally makes sense that noms and even POV have happened already, since there's a live eviction tomorrow, but I really don't understand how I missed all of that when I've been watching the feeds since they came back on line!  Maybe I should drink less wine.

• Love 3

Congrats Derrick. Well played.

Back to Frankie, I hope he cringes like a nun in a whore house when he watches his eviction.

Maybe I should drink less wine.

Apparently,  I need to drink MORE.

Edited by housecat
  • Love 6

Derrick really has won HOH at the right time. No blood on his hands. It will be on Cody's. Then for the final 3 HOH he'll throw it when he needs to.....I think. I wonder if the jury will penalize him for dragging Victoria to the final and not "honoring" his deal(s) to Cody & Caleb.

burgerblitz, I can guarantee that wine is better than coconut almond milk.  

The DR is screwing with Derrick, Caleb, and Vic in a fun way.  Vic was saying that Derrick gets away with sleeping outside of a bedroom more than anyone else, and Derrick then says "Great, thanks, now they're going to call me out all the time."  Big Brother: "HG, this is a reminder, sleeping is only permitted in the bedrooms", even though they're all still obviously awake.  Then BB tells them not obstruct their mikes, and Caleb says "Are you kidding me?" and BB replies with "You've got to be kidding me".  It's funny.  

• Love 2

What if Cody evicted Derrick at F2. I would do an audible stage gasp worthy of a Grande. He's apparently cooking up thoughts in his brain given the actual skill in comps he's won, so I think there is at least a 1% chance that this happens. We would never know if he was thinking about it either because he doesn't talk to the cameras and he doesn't have anyone besides Derrick to bounce ideas off of. I would giggle and give him credit for an excellent move.

Derrick really has won HOH at the right time. No blood on his hands. It will be on Cody's. Then for the final 3 HOH he'll throw it when he needs to.....I think. I wonder if the jury will penalize him for dragging Victoria to the final and not "honoring" his deal(s) to Cody & Caleb.

I think he will take Cody if he wins final HOH. I think he knows he can win against Cody. And he can say that I has a final 2 deal with Cody on day 2 and I stuck with it. I might be the reason you are all sitting there, but I stayed loyal to one and we made it to the end.

I can't stop thinking about funny it would be if Vic won the whole thing.  Her F2 speech would be: I was on the block 10,347 times, and survived each time, even though my inability to win a comp was a running joke in the house and I basically did nothing all season.  And honestly?  That's a pretty good argument!  What is this, her 8th time on the block?  Has anyone in BB history been on the block as many times as Victoria has?  

Really, I want Derrick to win at this point, because even though he is a big part of why this season was boring to watch, he has played a great game, and I'd hate to see it snatched from him this late in the game.  But Vic winning would have me laughing for days.  

ETA: Oh, I die.  Caleb, to Vic: "Derrick says a lot of funny stuff in this house, and hardly any of it is about you."  Never change, Caleb.  Never change.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 4

Maybe I should drink less wine.

I totally agree.

Feckin Irish whiskey is much better.

And I have a full flask.

And Frankie is GONE.

Life Is Good™.

What is this, her 8th time on the block?  Has anyone in BB history been on the block as many times as Victoria has?  

Victoria is currently tied with Spencer of BB15 for most times on the block without being evicted (8).

• Love 2

I laughed out loud when productions just now said "HGs, the storage room is temporarily unavailable" and Cody replied: "Hey, jerkoff." 

But Vic winning would have me laughing for days.

Adam won, so anything is possible. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 3

Guys, I'm confused.  Possibly due to the aforementioned wine, I admit.  But what happens if Cody uses the POV?  There's no one else available as a replacement nom. I feel like I know the answer to this, but I cannot figure it out.  Help!

And DakotaLavender, I am really enjoying how sassy they're getting with production.  Wish we got to seem more of that kind of stuff during the season, instead of them being so fish-happy all season.  

BB just said "You're the reason we can't have nice things" while Cody was seriously screwing up interpreting the expiration date on a pack of Skittles.  BB is also getting sassy!!

But I wonder-- are these sassy BB comments going to be part of a future comp?  They must be, right?

Edited by Turtle

Guys, I'm confused.  Possibly due to the aforementioned wine, I admit.  But what happens if Cody uses the POV?  There's no one else available as a replacement nom. I feel like I know the answer to this, but I cannot figure it out.  Help!

He can't  it doesn't matter.  unless he's on the block or HOH he can;t use it.  It doesn't really matter he's the only one that can vote.  He doesn't need to save anyone.

• Love 1

I'm sure they never thought they'd need contingency rules about this; then along comes Cody.......:)

He's not going to use it, but if there were anyone who could be in his spot and blow this, it would be C........aleb!

• Love 1

Thanks for setting me straight about the POV, folks!  I really got myself all confused about it (see above re: wine).  

Caleb spent some time in the bathroom, looking deep in thought.  Now, whether he was realizing that he is likely going home tomorrow or thinking about something shiny he saw earlier in the day, we'll never know.  But, he was definitely thinking.  Or maybe asleep with his eyes open.  Bless his heart.

Derrick and Vic just confirmed that she's been nominated 9 times, so I guess she holds a BB record?

ETA: What if Cody used the veto?  Would ChenBot explode?  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

Ha, pennben!  That's pretty much Caleb.  But at the moment he's in the rock room by himself, and he seems so dejected.  BeastMode has lost all of his bravado.  It's making me sad.  Damn you, Caleb, for making me feel bad for you.

• Love 1

This is what I mean, though, about these people being beyond the reasonable Big Brother standard stupid. Why in the world would Cody ever want to keep Victoria over Caleb besides Derrick telling him to do it? Caleb is clearly going to bring Cody to the Final 2 and Cody has a Final 2 deal with Derrick. The only person he does NOT have a Final 2 deal with is Victoria and he's...not voting her out? Cody is doing things that are just blatantly clear to be bad moves for himself. 

Out of three people left, he's going to vote to keep the only one he DOESN'T have a Final 2 deal with? 

• Love 7

Yep, Brian Cronin, that is exactly what Cody is going to do.  Because, even though he's too dumb to realize it, Cody has been playing for Derrick to win for weeks now.    Cody is not so much about the thinking independently -he's more like a labrador, super adorable and wanting to just people happy.  

• Love 2

I've thought Cody has been playing for Derrick to win for a long, long time and if he keeps Victoria that would confirm it to me. 

I can't stop thinking about funny it would be if Vic won the whole thing.  Her F2 speech would be: I was on the block 10,347 times, and survived each time, even though my inability to win a comp was a running joke in the house and I basically did nothing all season.  And honestly?  That's a pretty good argument!  What is this, her 8th time on the block?  Has anyone in BB history been on the block as many times as Victoria has?  

It would be hilarious but I can't see Victoria acknowledging she spent the whole season looking at herself in the mirror when she is always telling us in the DR what a player she is, lol.   I think she would pretty much expect to win at F2 just because she's Victoria.   

• Love 2

I've thought Cody has been playing for Derrick to win for a long, long time and if he keeps Victoria that would confirm it to me.

That's a very interesting theory Cosmocrush.

I have no problem with Cody cutting Caleb despite their final two deal.  I'm not sure either ever thought it was real even when they made it.  Keeping Caleb over Victoria reduces Cody's chances of a final three win. Either one is a likely jury vote for Derrick, so I'm not sure Cody will damage his game with this move. 

ETA:  I do get what you are saying, but I think C&C are dumb enough to want to "drag" Derrick to the end, rather than face off against each other.  Sigh.

Edited by pennben

This si exactly what Derrick planned: a f3 with Victoria and Derrick and Cody. If Cody wins final HOH he will take Derrick and if Derrick wins I think he will take Victoria to guarantee he wins. 

Why would Derrick take Cody? He could lose and it makes no sense. Would Cody vote for Victoria for spite? I don't think so. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1

Caleb just sat for a very long time without speaking.  I was worried for a bit, but he finally spoke up to tell an unbelievable story that tops anything Derrick or Cody could ever say.  So, whew!  Caleb's okay.  

ETA: DakotaLavender, I really doubt that Derrick loses against Cody at F2.  Tally up the jury votes, and Cody gets 1, maybe 2 votes; Derrick walks away with the money easily. 

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

Why would Derrick take Cody? He could lose and it makes no sense. Would Cody vote for Victoria for spite? I don't think so.

I think that if Derrick takes Cody, it's because he is confident of his win and doesn't want to look like he took a goat to the final two.  As if only a woman could be a goat in this game....."hi Cody"! 

• Love 1

This si exactly what Derrick planned: a f3 with Victoria and Derrick and Cody. If Cody wins final HOH he will take Derrick and if Derrick wins I think he will take Victoria to guarantee he wins.

Derrick is going to win sitting next to either Cody or Victoria. I think it looks better to actually take Cody, you say we have had a F2 deal since Day 2. And plus everyone I think would look at him better if he didn't take the goat.

Vic I would say it would be 9-0 unless someone throws her a sympathy vote.

Derrick against Cody has for sure, Nicole, Hayden, Zach, Frankie, Christine and Victoria (that is if Derrick isn't the one to get rid of her at F3, but she despises Cody, so Im going back to her still voting for him) The only wild cards are Donny, Jocasta and Caleb but it doesn't matter cuz all he needs is 5 votes.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

A veto has been used at the Final Four by the non-nominee at least once before (I think in season 8?). The veto ceremony just doubled as the eviction, I believe, and the HG on whom the veto was not used left the house immediately because, you know, mathematics.