Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

They don't have time to show any extra comps since it's DE. I assume something related to tomorrow's comps? Or they are having another little party with music? Hopefully it's Zach back in the house shouting facts that will be used in a comp. I just miss Zach.

• Love 2

Yeah, I was just going to say, this plan only works if nobody else makes a "big move" or if the person who gets out Frankie or even Cody isn't sitting beside him in the final 2. I was thinking Derrick's game is actually better suited for Survivor, because there is no "leader," just the illusion of control. You can claim credit for moves your alliance makes. But Big Brother has the HoH role, which allows people to actually say "I got so-and-so out."

"I controlled all the evictions," even if it's true, is difficult to prove with only one legitimate HoH win, and next to anyone else but Victoria. Especially if he's against someone who put up/got out Frankie or Cody.

This is why I believe Derrick made a major mistake changing the vote from Zach to Jocasta and keeping this alliance of 5 in tact. He decided to keep in a bunch of morons whose egos are so over inflated that they all believe they were the masterminds of the house and he kept in a bunch of people who were more capable of winning competitions over him. Even Christine has a better record of comp wins and I don't think any one of these people have thrown an HoH or Veto all summer. He could set up the game to have two sides of the house who were all very strong snipe at each other for a couple of evictions while he sat back, watched, and floated.

Also, even Donny wasn't able to pinpoint Derrick as the ringleader if his post evictions interviews are anything to go by, he thought Derrick was a part of the team controlling the house. Derrick also got rid of another very good option for a F2 goat with Jocasta. I think Derrick may have a hard time winning over anyone except Christine or Victoria, and he's been saying in his DRs that he wants Christine out. I wonder if he wants her out because she was the easiest for Derrick to get Caleb to put on the block. He couldn't seal the deal to get Caleb to put Frankie up post-veto, so he's too great at pulling off major manipulations.

I really don't understand Derrick's end game plan. If he does succeed in dragging Victoria to the end and evicts the others and/or wins HoH and puts them on the block over her, I think it's possible that Cody, Caleb, and possibly Christine will all be incredibly bitter towards him while Frankie will vote whatever way he thinks makes him look best to the public. (Then again, none of the Bomb Squad men would vote for a woman over a guy at the end.)

• Love 3

I don't know....I think that if they don't  do something to get Frankie out now...or soon..it might be too late. Just get him off of my TV....and I just thinking about how much he is going to market himself (or try too) after this....*gah*.

Edited by autumnh
  • Love 1

I don't know....I think that if they don't  do something to get Frankie out now...or soon..it might be too late. Just get him off of my TV....and I just thinking about how much he is going to market himself (or try too) after this....*gah*.

Yep.  He is strong in comps.  They may have missed their chance.  They cannot let another one go by. 

• Love 2

brdwygurl, hulu hates Canadians, too. I tried downloading hola but if just fucked up my computer.

As a testament as to how boring this season is, I haven't even watched Sunday's show yet. I better get on that. lol

Can I not have anything nice?

No. Pixel. We are being punished for complaining about last year. I think. ;)

Edited by housecat
  • Love 3

God, I wish they would introduce a new pet for the remainder of the season.  The very first houseguests got to have a dog for a couple of weeks.  Let's try that!  Or not even a dog, give them a skunk, or an armadillo, or a possum, or a rat, or a snake, or a honey badger.

Caleb would just beat it to death with a stick.

first episode I ever watched, the House was in an uproar because some guy hadn't washed his hands after using the WC and went right to fixing a meal. 

Eeeewwww, I remember that.  He was tossing a salad using his butty hands.  And yes, an actual tossed salad with lettuce and such.

I don't know whether to brag or be ashamed, but I've watched every. single. episode. beginning with Season One, Episode One.  I suddenly feel so dirty.  Excuse me while I beat myself to death with a stick.

• Love 4

I suddenly feel so dirty.  Excuse me while I beat myself to death with a stick.

slasherboy, I suddenly feel a little better about myself. I've only watched since Season 8.

Nah, don't worry about it. :)

Edited by housecat
  • Love 1

Yep.  He is strong in comps.  They may have missed their chance.  They cannot let another one go by. 

I agree!  You know? I kind of liked him in the beginning..but his true colors and well, ugliness reared its head quickly...I am just over him....after the whole Victoria rape thing? I was done, over with and he was to be gone in my mind. Vile is probably the one word that describes him best to me.

Yes, slasherboy, I had heard of it. It's very......odd. And sad. Some people need to turn off the tv/internet and go get some fresh air. You know, a little perspective on life. *shrug*

ETA: this is my opinion only and I do not want to offend any big Donny fans! :)

Edited by housecat
  • Love 1

Sometimes he seems to be manipulating just to manipulate.  In other words, "let me show my masterful ability to yank these bozo's chains over and over" just for sport.

Bingo. I've decided that while Derrick has been able to manipulate these people well, fantastically actually, he hasn't really done anything but that. His actual strategy isn't that great really. And honestly, I don't even think his manipulations are very good. He uses the same tactics on every person; he pulls out that "How fucking dare you question me you should hate yourself for this!" guilt trip that is so insanely transparent and gross. I used to just be like yea he's playing a great game, but I just honestly don't even feel that way anymore. It's the best game this season, but that isn't saying much at all since they've assembled such a terrible group of HGs.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

This 2 hour Jeff Highlights better be some kind of twist that changes this shit!

This makes me so happy that I didn't get the feeds.

Thanks to all of you who keep us un-feededs informed.

• Love 2

Bingo. I've decided that while Derrick has been able to manipulate these people well, fantastically actually, he hasn't really done anything but that. His actual strategy isn't that great really. And honestly, I don't even think his manipulations are very good. He uses the same tactics on every person; he pulls out that "How fucking dare you question me you should hate yourself for this!" guilt trip that is so insanely transparent and gross. I used to just be like yea he's playing a great game, but I just honestly don't even feel that way anymore. It's the best game this season, but that isn't saying much at all since they've assembled such a terrible group of HGs.

Yes!  That's the reason I dislike his gameplay, also.  While it has worked very well for him in the house, I think it could end up being his downfall.  The major part of his strategy has been the control of information, which is surprisingly shortsighted when he obviously knows that sooner or later all but 2 of the people he's so successfully controlled will be able to compare notes.  In fact, Hayden, the person he (arguably) screwed over the most, will have weeks to disabuse the other jury members of what they thought to be special and reciprocated loyalty to Derrick.

As far as Frankie leaving, I agree with everyone who just wants him gone.  He doesn't spice things up for me, he's just a gross, grasping irritant with all of the charm and grace of a middle aged Chris Kattan (no offense to Chris Kattan, at least his personality seems to be schtick).

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Love 4

He is not lying in the DR on the show tonight.

I beg to differ! I'm starting to think maybe Production is telling him what to say because they know he's going to win and they want a likable winner.

Yes!  That's the reason I dislike his gameplay, also.  While it has worked very well for him in the house, I think it could end up being his downfall.

I truly hope you're right! I'm starting to believe it myself. Derrick winning doesn't seem as inevitable anymore. I mean, yes, it's most likely gonna happen, but it's not quite the forgone conclusion it once was.

• Love 2

I think Derrick's strategy with F4 is that he's planning on getting one of them to turn on the others since they all said they wouldn't vote for someone that didn't honor their alliance. He already has Frankie, Caleb and Cody paranoid about each other. I agree that he's overplaying things, he need to stop underestimating these guys because sometimes dumb cannot be controlled. He can't leave things to chance and he needs to start winning.

• Love 2

I think it's really the lying in the DR that gets a lot of people.

Amen!  And I'll throw in a Hallelujah!  I also don't understand why he thinks it is a great move to lie again to folks on their way out the door (cough* Nicole knows you are bullshitting her again *cough*).  Yet, he is smarter that the earthworms on the show this year  So whhheeee! He wins the game, we all lose by hoping for something interesting all season.  Silly us.

• Love 4

Can anyone tell me why the finale date was moved back a week and why the HGs don't know this? I know CBS likes to couple it with the premiere of Survivor, but surely they knew months ago what the date would be. Trying to understand why they would keep that from that HGs. Expect the unexpected? There's been virtually nothing in regards to that motto happening this summer so that can't be why.

I think it's because that Halle Berry show, "Extant" was canceled, so they need something for that spot. 

So I'm not sure what kind of narrative the producers were trying to serve me tonight. That conversation with Nicole happened before the veto. Which actually explains to me why Derrick was at first hesitant to change the target to Frankie. THEN came the HOH meeting with Caleb and Cody where Derrick was not totally on board with getting out Frankie. And finally came the conversation with Cody where Derrick was on board. Those three scenes were shown completely out of order! Meanwhile, they completely skipped the epic "definitely backdooring Frankie" to "definitely booting Nicole" conversation. Seriously, what was that?

I think Derrick is playing a good game. I think he wants to get people out who he does not feel he has a good relationship with. Before bonding in the HN room this week, that was Nicole, and it is definitely Christine. I haven't seen him proposing "Final four boys forever", just agreeing with it when others propose it. I think he'd be firmly on board with Cody targeting Frankie this week, although I know he's still scared of Christine. I don't know what his mindset is with winning competitions but I think he could could get a few wins if necessary.

I think Nicole would be a sure vote for Derrick. At the end of the day, she considers herself a super fan, and I think would want to vote for the person she feels plays the best game. I'd say the same about Hayden. I'd like to see where Donny's head is at.

I do think that as boring as it might end up being, this DE will tell us a lot about Derrick's game and chances for the end. The same with Frankie. At least here's hoping.

As for Rachel - hate. Hate with the fire of a thousand suns. She made me stop watching Amazing race I hate her so much. No "love to hate" on that front at ALL.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 2

I'm glad that people are enjoying the recaps. It makes up for the fact that us who got the feeds paid 20 some dollars for this boring ass season!

autumnh, it's against the board rules to discuss the show here as it's airing. Just a heads up!

Sorry...I had been in the ER and got pain meds...I have a brain tumor :( my thinking was foggy and I did not post in the correct thread...sorry!! :(

If I wasn't already convinced that production does major coaching in the DR, tonight would have been the proof I needed.  And I'm not talking about the Caleb & Victoria ones - those were actually kind of funny, if rehearsed.  But Derrick has, I think, obviously been told that he needs to do a little more bragging about his game, and a little less lying.  And surprisingly, I liked it.  

Interesting scenes in tonight's show about Nicole telling Derrick he was like Dan.  I had missed that on the feeds, but it helps me understand why Derrick decided Nicole had to go.  He wants people who know what a good game he is playing in the jury house, not competing against him.  And he does *not* want Cody/ Caleb figuring out that Derrick is running the house instead of them.  Not until it's too late, anyway.  

I need it to be tomorrow night already.  

ETA:

That conversation with Nicole happened before the veto.

Katesus7, are you referring to the Dan Gheesling convo?  If so, thanks - as mentioned, I missed it in the feeds, and was wondering when it happened.  Although knowing it happened even before the veto sort of undoes my earlier thinking that Derrick's thinking made sense...

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 2