Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Jocasta just has no room to talk on any of those things though as she whines/cries, is completely useless, and has been going on and on about someone stealing her shirt the past two days. Again, she just has no self-awareness. But then most people that end up on this show don't.

Hayden is telling Jocasta to be careful of Christine/Frankie. That they are trying to flip the house and blah blah blah. He says Frankie is more of a comp threat, but Christine is a much bigger threat overall because she's so manipulative.

I've been thinking about Derrick and how he runs everything and has every single person under his thumb. I just don't get it. I mean with Dan, yes, people were so dumb to trust him, but I feel like I could see why they did at the same time. Derrick is a terrible liar and when he has one-on-one convos with people his manipulations are so transparent . It's embarrassing to watch him be bad at it and yet everyone fall for it anyway. But not embarrassing in a funny way, embarrassing in a very boring way.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
So I chalk Jocasta's feeling towards Victoria as not really liking her immaturity.

I agree. I also thinks she sees Victoria as very needy. I think Jocasta and Brittany both had issues with Victoria very early on. Although I think Victoria is a nice person who doesn't treat others poorly, I have to admit that if I was stuck in a conversation with her, I'd probably be looking for a way out of it after about 15 minutes.

• Love 3

I'm just glad Nicole finally got her some last night. I was watching the feeds and Hayden and Nicole were in the HOH room alone and I'm like "Nicole what are you waiting for?!" They just kept blathering on about Zach or something so I switched the feeds off to study. When I switched them back on they were making out. I had to rewind the feeds to see how it started, but it was about 30 minutes of Hayden begging and Nicole going Hayden-uh, nooo! It was seriously like watching two 14 year olds. It was about 85% annoying (84.9% of that due to Nicole) and 15% cute. You wouldn't have to ask me twice.

ETA: I forgot that later on when all the guys (minus Donny) were alone in the bathroom talking guy stuff, Hayden said if it were possible to suck his own d**k, then he would absolutely do it and often. So yeah. I change my "you wouldn't have to ask me twice" comment. LOL.

Edited by Marie80

I'd probably be looking for a way out of it after about 15 minutes.

I'd be looking for a way out of any convo with any person in there! I would've probably DORed if I was unlucky enough to have been in this cast. Or at least begged them to evict me before jury.

• Love 1

I was amused by Victoria last night on BBAD when she was telling Donny she did her BB homework before going in the house and how using certain words could get you in a lot of trouble in the DR. About an hour later when she was with Hayden on the hammock she started to say the word "retarded" and quickly checked herself.

Zach has done that with the r word, too. I assume that after Brittany used it quite frequently the first couple weeks they must have told them to cut it out. Derrick and Zach have both used it since. Maybe Frankie, too. I was very surprised when Derrick said it. And very surprised that Brittany used it so much since she's older and a mother. Zach and Victoria are young and, unfortunately, it's a pretty commonly used word by young people.

ETA: I just read spec that maybe the TA task tonight will be who to evict, which would obviously be Jocasta. It might be fun for a couple of minutes at least to watch Derrick try to flip the vote.

From Jokers:

Victoria confronting (lightly) Nic about some clothes that she thinks Nicole stole from her. Nic says its hers,Vic says its not

Vic says she had it since she was 7-8 years old. Nic says maybe you washed it and it faded and it looks like mine?

Do ya'll have to go back to kindergarten and write your name on your clothes tag?

How strange.  They seem to have completely different taste in clothes.  Nichole seems to go for cute farm girl, while Victoria goes for bored, much younger wife.  I imagine Nichole gets her things at Wal-Mart while Victoria gets hers somewhere ridiculously over-priced and pretentious.

How strange.  They seem to have completely different taste in clothes.  Nichole seems to go for cute farm girl, while Victoria goes for bored, much younger wife.  I imagine Nichole gets her things at Wal-Mart while Victoria gets hers somewhere ridiculously over-priced and pretentious.

You beat me to it. I was going to say a quick glance at the tag should resolve the issue. I doubt if that many of Vic's South Beach boutiques do much business in Ubly.

Of course Nicole buys her clothes at Walmart because SHE'S NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS!!!!!

It really is so strange how much clothes sharing there's been this season. The women have all spent time whining about how someone stole their clothes. And we've seen multiple people wearing Frankie's one-piece pajamas. All the guys must be wearing Hayden's hats since I refuse to believe they all brought those ridiculous things. And now Caleb has been wearing Donny's overalls for the past 2 days.

I mean it's Derrick, so he can just go 'never mind guys we should keep Zach' and they'd all do it without much questioning. 

No matter which of Zach or Jocasta goes, nothing will change game wise and I still don't expect any excitement.

• Love 2

It really is so strange how much clothes sharing there's been this season. The women have all spent time whining about how someone stole their clothes. And we've seen multiple people wearing Frankie's one-piece pajamas. All the guys must be wearing Hayden's hats since I refuse to believe they all brought those ridiculous things. And now Caleb has been wearing Donny's overalls for the past 2 days.

Echo echo. Considering there's already a large number of people crammed into a small space, I would think normal people would be taking pains not to step across each other's personal space boundaries more than was absolutely unavoidable. Apparently, though, BB HGs are not normal people; it's seems to be nothing unusual for one to go rummaging through another's luggage and borrow clothing without asking. Betcha the first thing the recruiters tell them is, "Don't bring anything you actually like." Feh. :P

I think that would maybe be the biggest problem I'd have if I was on BB. I mean these people share deodorant like it's nothing! I would breakdown over that shit!

They're on indoor lockdown. I'm surprised they didn't get a skill thing to practice. The 2nd HOH after DE is normally skill/crapshoot. Maybe they're on lockdown so they can put the thing outside though.

I have thought about TA being who to vote for, but logistically it doesn't work. First, they would have to do the vote prompt after the POV ceremony, and we all know damn well that the veto lid closes, music plays, and we are out. BB is nothing if not formulaic in the episode structure.

Additionally, they don't have time to show it on Thursday's show bc of Double Eviction. I think there is no TA task this week.

I would honestly prefer they blindside Zach and that he gets voted back into the house with a burning vengeance and takes out all the Bros. If he comes back in and teams up with Derrick again I will not be amused.

I would honestly prefer they blindside Zach and that he gets voted back into the house with a burning vengeance and takes out all the Bros. If he comes back in and teams up with Derrick again I will not be amused.

LOL remember when Judd came back and we hoped he'd get out the racists and instead he basically teamed up with Amanda et al. LOL.

I always get a kick out of Derrick/Frankie/Hayden/Cody thinking Donny can't possibly be a groundskeeper because he used the words 'diluted' and 'osmosis.' Forget about that fact that those are words you learn in like 5th grade! It's so offensive that they believe a groundskeeper can't be smart.

• Love 6

If the Team "America" task does go as far as to tell them who to vote out, I'm going to chalk this season up as another Evil Dick season and whoever wins will have a big asterisk next to their name as far as I'm concerned.

Spreading lies and trying to get fights going is one thing, but these people decided to vote someone out on their own, which is the point of the freaking game, and taking that away from them pisses me off. I suppose Donny could just refuse again, making that target of his even larger. This season is so stupid. I don't care if BB loves #Zankie. Deal with it. But they'll "Frank" his ass back in the house someway, I'm 100% certain.

• Love 8

Amen, @Katesus7 .

But I'm honestly for anything that would make this season interesting, even like 'bring back the duo twist' level rigging. I don't really think making TA try to keep Zach is gonna do it at all though. Or that really anything will.

There's a rumor going around that the first 4 jurors will compete in one last BOB and the winners will both reenter. It's not coming from a super reliable source, but it actually does make sense. It's funny I mentioned the 'bring back the duos twist' rig because this would pretty much be that again!

ETA: If I knew this rumor was true, I would hope for Zach/Donny to get evicted in the DE and then win the BOB, come back, and take out everyone to be F2.

• Love 2

I always get a kick out of Derrick/Frankie/Hayden/Cody thinking Donny can't possibly be a groundskeeper because he used the words 'diluted' and 'osmosis.' Forget about that fact that those are words you learn in like 5th grade! It's so offensive that they believe a groundskeeper can't be smart.

I understand what you're saying and even agree with it, but sometimes even I wonder if Donny is more than what he says he is.  Typically a man in his forties still living at home is a bit socially awkward - yet Donny has an attractive girlfriend.  Also, he seems to choose to present himself like a Duck Dynasty family member, and like the DD show cast, he sometimes seems to be attempting to present himself as just a good old country boy - not the good looking and well spoken man he may really be.

Of course a groundskeeper can be smart, but Donny strikes me as college educated.  That doesn't preclude him from being a groundskeeper, but I bet it's pretty uncommon.  I also wonder about his voice.  It's just so Mr. Rogers - I cannot imagine that being appealing to his girlfriend in romantic moments. It makes me wonder if it's genuine.

This isn't to say I don't love Donny.  I do.  I think he's probably almost as nice as he presents himself.  I just think he's a lot more sophisticated and calculating than he lets on.

• Love 2

Does he live at home with his parents? I thought he and his girlfriend lived together?

I think Donny is pretty smart underneath it all. Just because he doesn't have some high powered career, doesn't make him stupid. There is the old saying, "Still waters run deep"...The younger you are, the less you get understand that (not age, experience.)

I guess they forgot that Thomas Jefferson was a farmer.  :-)

• Love 2
I also wonder about his voice.  It's just so Mr. Rogers - I cannot imagine that being appealing to his girlfriend in romantic moments.

That really made me laugh; I just got this mental picture (or, more accurately, recording).

I'm asking this here in case the answer involves a spoiler.  Why is Hayden "The Crustacean"?  I don't get it.

I have to say I'm not bored by this season.  And the couple of people I know at work who watch the show, and only the show, say they are enjoying it too.  I hate that one alliance has dominated the season so far and the evictees have been predictable (at least until tomorrow, fingers crossed), but I still don't hate the HGs overall.  I still have some I can root for, even though they probably won't win, but what else is new.  I'm sure that I'm still comparing this season to last, which is the only season of this show (or Survivor or TAR) that I actually stopped watching the last few weeks.  The HG I dislike the most this season is Derrick (actually it's a tie between him, Zach and Caleb, but Zach is immature* and Caleb is a blithering idiot -- Derrick should know better).  But desert island stranding, I would pick Derrick over most of the HGs from last year and all of them from Season 9 (I mean the spring season if I got the number wrong) and many, many others over the years.

ETA:  * And reportedly has currently untreated ADHD.

Edited by Newbietunes
  • Love 1

I wonder if Donny reads a lot of books?  The reason I ask, is several times, he's reading labels of the food.  I don't know if that's just out of boredom or if he's like me, if there's no books around, I'll read anything just to read.

• Love 5

Donny is literally the southern version of my husband.    My husband and I married when he was 46, his first.  He worked in public works for the hometown for many years, and though not formally educated, had a lot of knowledge from being self taught.

I'm always moving at a fast pace and had to teach myself to slow down and give this guy a chance and I'm glad I did.

My husband can't spell to save his life but he treats everyone around him well (more than I can say for my first husband).

Glad he found someone who saw the good guy inside of him.

• Love 3

We all know from the feeds Zach had a tantrum at the POV competition.  Watching it on the show tonight made me realize he really made a mistake not bringing his Adderall for his ADD.  His reasoning was that it helps keep him focussed, and he really didn't want to be focussed all the time in the house because the house could be so boring.  It was clear he lost focus in the comp and became so frustrated he could not see what was in front of his face.  I wonder if some of his other erratic behavior which is behind him losing favor in the house could also have been controlled better on his meds.  Who knows, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on anonymous message boards!

• Love 7

Donny doesn't live with his parents - his bio said he paid cash for his house. I don't know if he lives with Christine or not, but he lives at least quite geographically close to his family. And state colleges, at the time he would have been attending, were not expensive at all. Many many people with college degrees work jobs similar to Donny's. A job's a job, and one with some degree of security is great.

No TA mission tonight. I wonder if it's done with. Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.

I hate that Derrick is steamrolling everything, but I take comfort in the fact that it's highly unlikely he'll be "undercover" in the future, what with being on tv in front of "9 million people" several times a week.

• Love 1

Derrick was made for this game. Being an undercover cop, he's adept at bullshitting criminals, so these airheads are a cakewalk for him. 

Yesterday, the HG's were in the HOH room debating whether or not everyone is really who they say they are. They were throwing out possible professions for Derrick (x-ray technician?) and Frankie walks up and says "You're a cop." Of course, Derrick did a good job shrugging it off and saying others have mentioned that as well. But the way Frankie said it makes me think he definitely knows.

Cody

http://i60.tinypic.com/6dv61c.gif

I can't seem to find the Hayden Gif - but they're floating around out there. 

I love that it's a gif!  I'm hypnotized, it's like I'm being waved at.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 4

I wonder if Donny reads a lot of books?  The reason I ask, is several times, he's reading labels of the food.  I don't know if that's just out of boredom or if he's like me, if there's no books around, I'll read anything just to read.

I have wondered the same thing, I bet he's a book reader. That's where most of my knowledge comes from.

Another thing I think contributes to this whole "Donny's can't be just a groundskeeper" scheme, is the majority of the HGs seem to come from middle class (and up) backgrounds. I don't think it occurs to them that just because a person is intelligent, doesn't mean they automatically go to college and get a prestigious job. I could see Donny growing up knowing his family didn't have money for school, so early on he used his intelligence to figure out a way to earn a living with whatever skills he already possessed.

Then there's also the fact that some people would simply rather work outdoors. It may just be that he likes plants and prefers what he does to being cooped up in an office. Personally, I think he just does what makes him happy, which is really about the smartest thing a person can do.

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 9

We all know from the feeds Zach had a tantrum at the POV competition.  Watching it on the show tonight made me realize he really made a mistake not bringing his Adderall for his ADD.  His reasoning was that it helps keep him focussed, and he really didn't want to be focussed all the time in the house because the house could be so boring.  It was clear he lost focus in the comp and became so frustrated he could not see what was in front of his face.  I wonder if some of his other erratic behavior which is behind him losing favor in the house could also have been controlled better on his meds.  Who knows, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on anonymous message boards!

I agree. He also said that he was possibly going through withdrawals from smoking Pot and possibly from his Adderall when he first got on the show hence the crazy behavior when he was a Have Not and picking that fight with Devin. I remember a conversation between Frankie and Him about it.

I agree. He also said that he was possibly going through withdrawals from smoking Pot and possibly from his Adderall when he first got on the show hence the crazy behavior when he was a Have Not and picking that fight with Devin. I remember a conversation between Frankie and Him about it.

Wow, suddenly stopping Adderall can have some bad side effects.

I'll bet that's why Zach sleeps so much. A major symptom of stimulant withdrawal is hypersomnia. I'm surprised the show allowed him to do that. Going off medication cold turkey is usually not a good thing, and in some instances can be downright dangerous (e.g. benzos, SSRI's).

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 1

I just watched a fun conversation between Zach and Nicole in the HOH. He seems to know he's in trouble, while pretending to Nicole that he's of course not in trouble. But he just wants to let her know that she is of course not his target and never was, and him putting her up last week was because he had no other choice. And him telling her this week she was his target was just a joke. Haha! She's not buying what he is selling, and I am enjoying him trying to sell being an asshole is just him being goofy, and her practically patting him on the head. Basically, shut up Zach.

Meanwhile, Caleb is in the Hive room trying to convince Frankie that they need to keep Zach. What is funny is that this is the best for both their games. What is funnier is that neither has any real juice to change things. But what is sad is that even though there was no Team "America" challenge tonight (thank god!) I still believe grodner will find some way to put Zach back in the game, which sucks for me, because it's not what I want, which is all that matters.

• Love 2
I'm cynical enough to think this is exactly what the show wanted to happen.

Me too.  It really upset me to hear that about Zach (doesn't make me like him any more, but makes me feel sorry for him).  I believe last year Judd (and I think Amanda too) claimed they were not being allowed sufficient dosage of their medications by production.  TPTB should not be casting people with psychological or physiological conditions that are untreated -- not voluntarily untreated if that is what Zach is doing, and certainly not by withholding meds.

• Love 1

I think, somehow, Derrick is turning this around and saving Zack right now.  I just turned on the feeds for the first time in days, but this is what Derrick is discussing with Cody right now.

Cody has round heels, sways the way the wind blows. Personally, I'd evict them all right now & keep Donny!

Christine just made up a new word about Donny---it seems she thinks he's "deceivious". I think even Donny would know that's not a word and he's just a lowly groundskeeper <snicker, snicker>. 

• Love 3

According to twitter, Caleb said something to Derrick that caused this latest uprising.  "Beast Mode I Did What?" 

Still scrambling to figure out what is going on.

ETA:  I think Christine now is trying to figure out where she stands, and now that Cody is spilling about Rationale, she's going to tuck herself and Frankie back into the fold.  I think.

Editors are going to be up all night for this one.

ETA2:  I just want a bloodbath going forward.  I'm honestly confused as to which vote would make that happen.

Edited by pennben

I am so lost right now. Why is Cody throwing Nicole and Hayden under the bus, and is he even telling the truth or just making up lies Christine-style? And he's saying Donny is the evil mastermind behind the whole thing? I hardly ever see him talking game, but I don't watch the feeds during the day and I know he always goes to bed by midnight. I can't keep up with these people.

According to twitter, Caleb said something to Derrick that caused this latest uprising.  "Beast Mode I Did What?:" 

Still scrambling to figure out what is going on.

I think it was something along the lines of that it would be foolish to evict Zach, since it's clear that Hayden, Nicole and Donny are working together and if they manage to get Christine on their side then they would control the house.

Omg, Derrick just told Frankie that Hayden and Nicole wanted to backdoor him. I told you not to trust his ass! Ugh. Looks like Zach is staying.

Edited by Marie80