Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Bi-Plane

Will and Grace decide to intervene when they discover Grace's niece is dating a bisexual man; Jack gets permission from his husband to sleep with his celebrity hall pass; Karen struggles to adapt when her assistant books them on an economy flight.

Original airdate: February, 6, 2020

"Please don't say 'the '90s' like it's the '50s." Agreed, Grace 😛. Also, "Ryan Phillipenis". Heh.   

I'm with Fiona and her boyfriend on this one.

I had a feeling Jack wouldn't go through with the hall pass thing :). 

• Love 8

This is just Will and Grace projecting their own issues onto Fiona and her boyfriend. I was glad when they called them out on it.

It was funny when Karen thought her assistant was walking her to her death when she made her walk through that curtain 🤣

• Love 3

Billie Lourd was an inspired choice, not just because she's Debbie Reynolds' granddaughter, but because her father is bi.

I certainly acknowledge that bisexual men exist, but I can also understand people being...surprised at the thought of that particular guy having a substantial attraction to women.

• Love 6

That was really great to cast Billie Lourd as Fiona. Her imitation of her grandma was spot on.

It didn't even hit me that she is actually the granddaughter of Debbie Reynolds until she said it. Kind of meta casting. Interesting they didn't say which one of Grace's sisters she was supposed to be the daughter of.

I thought the whole thing with Ryan Phillippe was hilarious. I swear I haven't seen him in anything in decades, whatever happened to his career? 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I swear I haven't seen him in anything in decades, whatever happened to his career? 

Looking at his IMDB page, it looks like he's been very active doing television for the last decade.  Apparently, he starred in a USA show for three seasons until 2018. 

• Love 2

It took me a while to figure out that it was Billie Lourd playing Fiona. It dawned on me about two seconds before she did the Bobbi Adler impression who she was and then when she did the impression I realized that she wasn't just Billie Lourd, she's also Debbie Reynold's granddaughter which made the casting even more sweet and inspired. I love that the show continues to sprinkle in little tributes to Debbie throughout the reboot. 

Overall I thought it was a decent episode, but I didn't understand how they had a storyline that overtly dismissed bisexuality when it's been canon that Karen is bisexual for pretty much the entirety of the show, to include this same episode where she talks about having sex with Stan and implying an affair with Jackie O. 

• Love 4

I feel like the show was also trying to highlight how often people think bisexual men are really just gay. If you noticed Fiona mentioned her boyfriend has dated more woman than she has, meaning she’s also bi, but that was kind of breezed on past. There’s definitely a double standard that women can be attracted to both sexes, like Karen, but if a guy is, he’s secretly just gay.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 2/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, Annber03 said:

"Ryan Phillipenis". Heh.   

That gave me a chuckle. 

The Jackie O joke, not so much.  I think that one was up in the cockpit helping to fly the plane, because I saw it coming up the aisle as soon her name was mentioned.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 2

Overall I thought it was a decent episode, but I didn't understand how they had a storyline that overtly dismissed bisexuality when it's been canon that Karen is bisexual for pretty much the entirety of the show

I think more than anything Will and Grace were just projecting themselves onto the younger couple based on what they went through with each other. Which I think they came to realize by the end.

• Love 6

At this stage I feel like they should just jettison Karen from the series. I know it probably happened in the original run, but I don't recall Karen (and to a lesser extent Jack) having so many solo adventures. I know Jack was on the plane with Karen but it easily could have been a different plane. I prefer this show to be the 4 characters in a location together (although I know why that can't be now), if it's such a hassle just make it literally about Will & Grace and pop in appearances by Jack (minus the annoying husband).

re: Jacki O joke, I felt they didn't need to explain the O. I already chuckled before Karen explained the joke. I thought it was clever at first, but when Karen outright stated it, it felt like the writers didn't trust the audience to get it.

It's so funny, whenever I see Billie Lourde I automatically think Carrie Fisher. And I know Carrie Fisher is Debbie Reynold's daughter but until this episode I never consciously connected Billie to Debbie. Weird. 

Is Grace going to have a magical baby growth before the series ends? Or are we not ending with the babies being born?

• Love 2
On 2/9/2020 at 7:39 AM, Bill1978 said:

At this stage I feel like they should just jettison Karen from the series. I know it probably happened in the original run, but I don't recall Karen (and to a lesser extent Jack) having so many solo adventures. I know Jack was on the plane with Karen but it easily could have been a different plane. I prefer this show to be the 4 characters in a location together (although I know why that can't be now), if it's such a hassle just make it literally about Will & Grace and pop in appearances by Jack (minus the annoying husband).

re: Jacki O joke, I felt they didn't need to explain the O. I already chuckled before Karen explained the joke. I thought it was clever at first, but when Karen outright stated it, it felt like the writers didn't trust the audience to get it.

It's so funny, whenever I see Billie Lourde I automatically think Carrie Fisher. And I know Carrie Fisher is Debbie Reynold's daughter but until this episode I never consciously connected Billie to Debbie. Weird. 

Is Grace going to have a magical baby growth before the series ends? Or are we not ending with the babies being born?

I definitely didn’t get the joke lol 

• Love 1