Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Beyond: How Grace and Frankie will end

• Start Topic

I think there will be a crisis that threatens to separate them. Maybe permanently. But the final episode will reconcile them and show the entire family happy and secure. And our two heroes will end their run sitting on the back deck of the beachhouse, watching the sun set, cracking jokes, together forever.

And maybe Grace will even say, "You're the best thing that ever happened to me."

Edited by rainsmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

My guess is that both ladies will once again get their chance at that big romantic happy ending but both ultimately realize they are happier just hanging out with each other.  They will end the series sitting on the beach together complaining about old age and laughing about growing old.   I would love Grace to say somewhere to Frankie “Oh God,  my happing ending is you?”

• Love 6

I'd love to see it end up with Mallory becoming a high-level manager with the new company and with Brianna not able to find work, so she has to become Mallory's nanny in San Francisco.  And I'd like Barry to move in with the two lesbians whose child he fathered in a sort of "Three's Company" setup.

Coyote should marry Jessica; they should have a passel of kids and Coyote could be the stay-at-home (cool) dad and house-husband.

Bud and what's-her-face should become traditional middle-class boring people.

Grace should get a handle on her drinking, and she and Frankie will allow Sol to move in with them.  Robert will become part of a cast for a tour of "Man of La Mancha."  Peter will be the director of the tour, and Robert will divorce Sol and marry Peter.

And I have put WAY too much thought into what should happen to a bunch of imaginary people.

• LOL 3

I am not sure how offensive this would be so if it is then whatever but I would have either Grace or Frankie get sick.  Nothing deadly or anything but it would put the kids back on the kick of putting the ladies back in assisted living since neither have a husband to take care of them.   They would respond by marrying each other so they could easily get each other’s power of attorney.   This would weirdly offend Robert who has been closeted all his life and might be offended by Grace and Frankie pretending to be gay.   They will both explain to him that they aren’t gay and have no interest in lying to anyone about being gay but since neither of them have husbands and men have a tendency to marry younger not a woman with a bad hip or bad hearing they decided to be practical about their future so if either of them got sick or hurt there would be someone there who cares.

• Love 4

In the 6th season, they ran into many troubles with launching the Rise Up, but didn't succeed with it yet. So I think making that happen will be a significant part of season 7 and may even influence the ending in some way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

First and foremost, I hope no one goes to the great beyond.

I feel like Season 7 has been set up pretty clearly. Shenanigans will ensue with Robert and Sol living at the beach house, but they will most likely figure out a way to restore their own house and move out by mid season. More shenanigans happen with Grace and Frankie trying to get Rise Up off the ground, probably involving how they're going to launder that money.

Grace will visit Nick in prison but eventually either divorce or otherwise make it clear that she's not moving back in with him when he gets out. 

A health scare or something else dramatic makes Grace and Frankie decide once and for all to stop looking for happiness elsewhere when they have it in their own backyard, and they vow to stay together forever. The show ends with them holding hands on the beach.

I'm getting a little teary thinking about this. I will be so sad to say goodbye to my TV grandmas.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Sesquipedalia said:

I know. But I don’t think that’s going to happen, because first, it’s a comedy and second, they would only have one season to “process their emotions” (TM Sol Bergstein.)

I did my best not to binge it all in one sitting...I managed to make it last for five days. And now I have to wait another year. 😱

11 minutes ago, Sesquipedalia said:

I'm getting a little teary thinking about this. I will be so sad to say goodbye to my TV grandmas.

Me, too...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

I feel like Season 7 has been set up pretty clearly. Shenanigans will ensue with Robert and Sol living at the beach house, but they will most likely figure out a way to restore their own house and move out by mid season. More shenanigans happen with Grace and Frankie trying to get Rise Up off the ground, probably involving how they're going to launder that money.

I love everything about the season 7 you described and hope you are right!  And it has to end with Grace and Frankie happy on the beach.

• Love 4
On 1/22/2020 at 12:14 AM, Oldernowiser said:
On 1/22/2020 at 12:02 AM, Sesquipedalia said:

I know. But I don’t think that’s going to happen, because first, it’s a comedy and second…

But the show has managed to not shy away from the more unpleasant issues of aging and to do it well, so if they do go there, I just want them to do it in style. 

• Love 2