Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Book of Markovia: Chapter One: Blessings and Curses Reborn

Trini
  • Start Topic

Jefferson navigates his new reality following the events of the Crisis, and Lynn's determination to save the meta kids deepens her troubles. Meanwhile, Anissa/Blackbird faces new challenges. Lastly, Jennifer's bond with Brandon (guest star Jahking Guillory) begins to grow.

Tasha Smith directed the episode written by Lamont Magee.

Airdate: 1/20/2020

7_FULL.jpg

"Are you there, Gambi? I went . . . away for a bit. Superman is real!" "I hear you, Jeff, and I know Superman is real. My problem is why the hell he hasn't done shit for us here. You think I want to be in secret agent mode all the time?!? I actually want to sell high-end clothing at reasonable prices!"

Welcome back to Freeland . . . and aside from the concern for Jefferson that his version of things doesn't line up with Earth-Prime, things are still the same. Freeland is the place where hope gets bludgeoned and stripped on a regular basis. I'm thinking the only change now is that Odell reports to Lex Luthor. I hope not, because Odell is too big of a bastard on his own. Same with Tobias. Can you imagine him swapping notes with Lex or any of the other assholes running around Earth-Prime? Nah, he'd be too busy laughing his ass off at the people dressed like Black Lightning.

Basically, Freeland is still fucked, we don't even see Markovians this week, and Lynn is in full-on Afterschool Special addict mode. At least some pd kids were rescued, though they're probably sick of being herded from place to place by different people.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 6

Enjoyed the return episode... Liked the addition of TC... I do wonder what changes to freeland we'll see.. I liked that gambi didn't know what was going on but knew to tell Jeff to keep quiet till they figure out what's diff... I do need more communication between Jeff Jen and anissa... And tho they worked it out tonight.. Anissa gotta get her daddy issues in check.. Jeff been letting a lot of sideways talk slide... 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Enjoyed the return episode... Liked the addition of TC

I really liked the episode and enjoyed TC too, but I’ve learned not to get too attached to the young black men on Black Lightning.

Since when is Jennifer bulletproof? Cool that both girls have the power even though it manifests in different ways.

I understand why Anissa was frustrated that Jefferson just jumped in and took over her meeting. But Henderson is the one who called Jefferson to come to the school right now and cut Anissa off in the middle of her explanation. It’s like she wasn’t even there. 

Is the resistance using the school as a place to hold metas? If so, why isn’t it a school anymore?

What was going on with the guy with the green thing in his neck?

Did Crisis bring Lady Eve back to life? Please say yes.

• Love 4
(edited)

I felt like this was kind of weak; clearly it was a transition episode. I'm hoping more significant things happen next week. I mean, stuff happened, but they weren't really dealt with.

Aw, I like Gambi's new meta friend! Please don't kill him.

Aah! Don't even tease me with Miss Eve, show! Did you actually get Jill Scott back? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

Well, at least Jefferson knows about Lynn's addiction, even though I still don't like this arc.

Jefferson and Anissa argument at the school was weird, because it didn't need to be an argument -- it could have just been a conversation? I don't know why they feel the need to have the family at odds this season.

I'm confused about the situation with the ASA guards, one of them is supposedly a 'good guy'?  But I admit, I haven't been paying close attention to that little subplot; all those redshirts look alike.

It also could have been a directing fail; not just with that scene. I know they had to incorporate COIE and catch up everything from the first half, but this episode seems off to me.

I love that The Flash (show + character) is they only one they respect over here. I hope they're planning some crossovers - I'm here for it!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

Since when is Jennifer bulletproof? Cool that both girls have the power even though it manifests in different ways.

I they haven't really said it outright, but I think turning herself into energy is part of her powerset.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Interesting that out of the shows so far, this seems less effected by the Crisis, with the main difference mainly being Jefferson and Jen having to keep what they know from everyone else (baring Gambi.)  Well, there was the one bit that hints that possibly Lady Eve is back, which would be freaking awesome!

Hey, ASA guys?  You might have actually been able to take out Anissa, if you just rushed her at once, and zapped her from behind.  You know, instead of dramatically emerging out of the shadows right in front of her, like you did.  Odell needs to to get them inline and tell them to quit showboating!

TC and Gambi was a fun pairing.  Hope nothing happens to him...

Lynn needs to join Hvisterk from Vikings to a rehab center, stat!

Henderson was cracking me up tonight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I love that The Flash (show + character) is they only one they respect over here. I hope they're planning some crossovers - I'm here for it!

I love that Jefferson referred time Barry as a good kid’. Barry just has a way attracting black male role models. Flash is the only show I’d like to see crossover. I hope there isn’t too much mixing with the rest of the Arrowverse. If Lady Eve’s resurrection is the only Crisis change we get I’m cool with that. I don’t need a Supergirl level rewrite of the universe.

• Love 3

Lady Eve is alive die to Crisis.  I'm believing that until disproved.   

My bigger Crisis question is....why was the antimatter wave white instead of redin the previouslies?  If they went to the trouble of changing just for a recap it had to mean something. 

The ASA being a subsidiary of Lexcorp like the DEO is would be awesome. 

Someone needs to lock Lynn in a room with Nancy Reagan PSAs on a loop. What were those diseases she said she cured?  Metaebola?  The hell?   I'm guessing another Crisis change.   I smell and meta infection crossover with Caitlin and/or Cisco. 

I liked that they are pushing fashion and drug addiction for Lynn, The edges of her designer sweater looked like they had been caught in a paper shredder and the holes in it were closed with giant safety pins. I am guessing her style is called "crackhead chic".

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Maverick said:

... What were those diseases she said she cured?  Metaebola?  The hell?   I'm guessing another Crisis change.  ...

This was the first time they called it that, but she was talking about earlier this season when she cured a virus that the Markovians had infected the Freeland metahumans  with. I think this was in episode 4.

7 hours ago, Maverick said:

Lady Eve is alive die to Crisis.  I'm believing that until disproved.   

I'm the opposite -- I've wanted her back since the minute they killed her off, but I don't want to get my hopes up if Jill Scott is not actually going to appear.

• Love 1

I noticed during the crossover that Jefferson didn't mention Gambi when he talked about his loved ones, so I wonder if they chose to start the episode with a Jeff and Gambi love fest to make up for that. 

Jen is just going around telling everyone that she's going to kill Odell, it's a wonder that she maintains her secret identity at all. 

5 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Did they finally give the good ASA guy a name this week? I know they named his partner "Travis" but if they gave him a name I missed it.

They've named him in previous episodes as Grayle. Apparently he's the arrow-verse version of relativity minor DC hero Gardner Grayle, aka Atomic Knight.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I love how excited Jefferson was to realize that Superman is real! And him calling Barry a "good kid" I really liked their scenes in the crossover. 

TC is great, and he and Gambi are a ton of fun together. Aww Gambis tech loves him! Has Gambi found another young possible hero to Alfred for?

• Love 2