Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: The Trophy Wife

• Start Topic

I loved the Grace storyline and the vulnerability she showed, specially during the first scene with the other "new wives".  It really made me feel things. And the last one when she couldn't get into the car...that was rough.

The celebrity game the rest of the family played was surprisingly hilarious. How did Mallory not know Justin Timberlake oh my god 🤣

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Bluerinse666 said:

I still don't understand the "not no" clue

The opposite of “no” is “yes” as in the song “Yesterday” by Paul McCartney. 
But we only get it because Sol gives it away —which is why he has to dress as a mime. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

The opposite of “no” is “yes” as in the song “Yesterday” by Paul McCartney. 
But we only get it because Sol gives it away —which is why he has to dress as a mime. 

Thanks. Still find it odd. I would have gone "Beatles" or Rick Wakeman

Edited by Bluerinse666
1 hour ago, Bluerinse666 said:

Thanks. Still find it odd. I would have gone "Beatles" or Rick Wakeman

I assume it was supposed to be impossibly hard to figure out. 
Or else I am the worst game player ever —which could be true too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Harvey said:

I loved the Grace storyline and the vulnerability she showed, specially during the first scene with the other "new wives".  It really made me feel things. And the last one when she couldn't get into the car...that was rough.

The celebrity game the rest of the family played was surprisingly hilarious. How did Mallory not know Justin Timberlake oh my god 🤣

I liked that story line too. I was thinking the same as Grace, candy for dogs, she was a bit of an airhead, but later, it showed softer sides of each. We all learn from each other. I loved the Frankie/Deadhead scenes too. Maybe we will see more of those two.

Jane looked pained all through these shows, either really good acting because of her back or real .  I hope she isn't, I vaguely remember reading she was hurting off screen too with various ailments. There was always a pinched look. My coworker joked too much botox but this is joint issues.  Lily looked great though and I love seeing them together again.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, debraran said:

Jane looked pained all through these shows, either really good acting because of her back or real .  I hope she isn't, I vaguely remember reading she was hurting off screen too with various ailments. There was always a pinched look. My coworker joked too much botox but this is joint issues.  Lily looked great though and I love seeing them together again.

Hard to say if Jane was acting pained in-show or acting not pained on Colbert, but I would guess the former since she's physically participating in the political activism.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Hard to say if Jane was acting pained in-show or acting not pained on Colbert, but I would guess the former since she's physically participating in the political activism.

That’s true.  She’s been active but also said she had knee ( which they put in show) snd hip issues in the past. 
They both are encouraging many to be more active and not just be “old “ which is nice. 

• Love 1

I am finding this season kind of boring and depressing so far. The main draw for me is Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin together. (I have been known to fast forward through scenes they're not in.) In this episode it seemed like they were going to interact more when Grace invited Frankie to that dinner, but then they immediately split up. 

• Love 2
On 1/15/2020 at 9:01 AM, Harvey said:

Being short, I've always had trouble stepping into those kind of behemoths, as an older person, it gets even worse. But since I've been short a lot longer than being old, and learned to climb things most people wouldn't, I have a lot of tricks and coping mechanisms, so I can still manage it.

Mallory just froze - she obviously knew him given Brianna's clues. It's like Jeopardy, when people's minds just go blank.

• Love 6
On 1/17/2020 at 8:47 PM, chitowngirl said:

Wouldn't "the cute Beatle" be the best clue? 😄

I wanted to see them all Mime at the Starbucks!!!!

I was thinking, Lennon and....

I like Grace and Nick together. Glad things worked out with the younger wives. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 2
On 1/15/2020 at 5:00 PM, Bluerinse666 said:

I still don't understand the "not no" clue

My theory for NOT NO is that leads to Yes, then Yeah, then Yeah Yeah Yeah, then the song "she loves you yeah yeah yeah, Beatles

I laughed at Nick telling Grace you're supposed to wait until the car ride home to bitch about everyone.  I really liked her apologizing to all of them for making assumptions, rather than only apologizing to the one Chelsea for what she said, and pointing out they did the same to her. 

And I loved Grace's answer to what was Nick supposed to do about his friend's mouth dropping open like an oven door when he introduced her as his wife:  Tell him shut your oven door mouth, I'm lucky to have this woman.

Family game night was very funny.

• Love 7