Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Defender

To air on January 14, 2020:

A single mother goes into a deadly rampage at a Public Defender’s office, taking justice into her own hands after her son is given a harsh sentence for a petty crime. Also, Jess worries how his daughter Tali is handling life without her mother.

This episode started off weird with the lawyer/judge tag team and then took a left turn to absurdity with the mother and her problems.  

Seems Sheryll was around to just provide judgement on people. And we can't get through without Crosby almost losing control and bashed the rapist's head in. 

This was decent. I found the plot pretty good and I liked how they used a recruit posing as the daughter to lure the fugitive out. 

I can’t stand Crosby, not only is he a cliched character with irritating anger issues but he’s constantly spouting off cheesy lines trying to be cool and he just comes across as a douchebag. I like Lecroix and his partner, Barnes, I can’t get a good feel on the younger female agent Hana and Clinton, the brother in law, seems to get nothing to do, he’s just kind of there, he needs a bigger role. 

I still can’t figure out how the agents are getting everywhere so fast, they are riding around in an RV it seems and where do they keep their cars? The logistical stuff just seems weird. 

This was weird. At first it seemed like it was going to be an examination of racial inequality in sentencing (which is fine by me). Then the mom just became kind of delusional. And by the end, Lecroix was vowing to find the daughter even though she’s not relevant to anything he’s doing. And then the episode just... ends. We don’t even get a resolution as to what happens with her son. 

And I still don’t have a sense of any of the characters. I’m done. I have the show a shot and it’s time to kill boredom with something else. 

• Love 3

Not sure what to make of this show. 

How do you get on the most wanted list for shooting a public defender and killing his client and taking one assistant hostage? I mean if you kill a judge on the stand maybe.

The kid held up a bank with a fake gun and got 20 years while the white guy helping him got no jail time? The public defender seemed like he was paid off talk the black kid to plead guilty by the white kids father. The kids mother was 10th level crazy and was shocked they just didn't shoot her after all she had done.

Do people in the FBI have the authority to look into missing persons tangent to the cases they get handed?

• Love 1

So we are supposed to believe that the delusional Mom managed to keep it together for all the years between losing her daughter until now?    Besides lying to everyone for years, surely she would have lost her cool on any number of occasions. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, UnknownK said:

How do you get on the most wanted list for shooting a public defender and killing his client and taking one assistant hostage? I mean if you kill a judge on the stand maybe.

I was just thinking myself:  Don't they have more serious criminals to pursue?  

How did this become a federal case anyhow?  Woman shoots up a lawyer's office. Surely this is a matter for the local cops?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GiandujaPie said:

I also didn’t understand why she went to that one woman’s house that she ended up throwing something at the front door. 

The woman dated Damon after he left delusional woman, and delusional woman wanted to know where Damon was, but she couldn't tell her. I think that was the long and the short of it.

On January 15, 2020 at 10:30 PM, mythoughtis said:

So we are supposed to believe that the delusional Mom managed to keep it together for all the years between losing her daughter until now?    Besides lying to everyone for years, surely she would have lost her cool on any number of occasions. 

Yeah, I was side-eying the characterization of her as a fundamentally good person who snapped because of one injustice too many. She came across much more as someone for whom lashing out in frustration is the rule rather than the exception.

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 1