Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: He Always Wins

spinxella
  • Start Topic

Paz, still grieving Angela’s death, seeks allies in the pursuit of justice–or vengeance. She forms an alliance with Warner. They hatch a plan to arrest Ghost for the murder of Angela. But things don’t go as planned.

Add Paz, Junior and grandpa to the list (with Dre) of people who didn't kill Ghost. Also, add the people they will show in the next 2 episodes before the finale.

They should have revealed Ghost's killer last week because these episodes are going to be fillers until the last.

Paz had the gun with her the entire time. Did she walk into the government building with it in her purse and didn't go through a metal detector or get searched? 

Paz woke up and caught up to Junior quick. Junior took a very slow bus or train to Truth.

Who is the Democratic party to tell the FBI to stop investigating? Now Warner has been fired? So we are now down to Blanca to solve all this!

What's with Ramona saying "there are some people who are just unstoppable"? She knew she was getting laid that evening and was speaking like a proud, victorious woman??!!! Never thought a bullet can stop him?!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramona is the killer. 

Why is Ghost leaving money to Kate? She would be just as happy if he had left her an ounce of coke.

At least Paz had a better plan to go after Tommy than Benny. She chose a gun while Benny thought a butter knife would do the job.

Nice to see Geoffrey Owen's make an appearance. The fallout from the Trader Joe incident got him some work.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

Am I forgetting that Tommy has another brother? When Paz was meeting with Jamie's estate planner, Tommy's mom first walked out and said she couldn't wait to tell her "other son"...? 

Anyway, these episodes leading up to the finale are filler and don't feel like Power at all. And I'm going to be super annoyed if the conclusion is the Tariq did it, which I suspect, and he'll get away with it because of the spin-off. As if we're supposed to really buy into that spoiled little punk being smart and savvy enough to outsmart everyone. Pass. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Am I forgetting that Tommy has another brother? When Paz was meeting with Jamie's estate planner, Tommy's mom first walked out and said she couldn't wait to tell her "other son"...? 

The "other son" is Tommy. She couldn't wait to tell him Ghost left her a lot of money. She considers Ghost a son.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

This was the most boring episode of Power that I can remember. I did so much fast forwarding.  Bad acting and stupid storyline. Ugh. And for Paz to be so convinced that Tommy is guilty because Tasha said he had reason. Well, Tasha said it could have been Tommy so yeah, I'm convinced enough to go over there to kill him. What kind of logic is that?  I know that he did it but I'm just saying that was a big leap on her part. This show is ending the same way SOA did for me. 

• Love 3

I knew Paz didn’t shoot Ghost. One thing I’ve never liked about Paz was her constant denial that Angela was an adult woman who was an officer of the court- she chose to break the law and put her career at risk because she wanted Jaime’s Dick. She chose to do everything that she did Jamie did not force her to do anything!!! But Paz isn’t a killer or a criminal. 
Junior- he was so whinny. Hot damn you can watch your grandfather for a few hours without being a total brat. You know your mom is doing the best she can. I would expect such behavior from a middle schooler not a grown ass man. Yes we want you to go to school debt free, but please stop harassing your Mom at this second. 

Im still thinking Tariq shot Ghost. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Nice to see Geoffrey Owen's make an appearance. The fallout from the Trader Joe incident got him some work.

I was thinking the same thing! (And I was always on his side re: Trader Joe's. Nothing wrong with an honest living and TJ's is supposed to be a good employer.)

11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Junior- he was so whinny. Hot damn you can watch your grandfather for a few hours without being a total brat. You know your mom is doing the best she can. I would expect such behavior from a middle schooler not a grown ass man. Yes we want you to go to school debt free, but please stop harassing your Mom at this second. 

I found him so annoying. Like, did he ever thank his aunt for paying his way through college? His whole attitude was "gimme gimme gimme, I want to go to college!" Dude, fill out a FAFSA and shut up.

I found myself wondering how much Ghost was worth, which is how you know this was a boring episode.

Tommy's mother is going to put whatever Ghost left her (and ... for what? If he changed his will when Angie died, why wouldn't he change it after that to leave Kate out? He and Tommy haven't been cool for a while now) straight up her nose. 

• Love 4

A whole Paz episode....ugh.  I'd rather Silver's daughter get a whole episode of Power than Paz.  I kept thinking....that's a really nice coat and purse.  She was everywhere with that gun.  Elvin (from Cosby Show) sighting...cool.    Most interesting part of this episode was that Tommy had packed up and left but is Tommy's stuff just still packed up from when he was moving in with Keisha? Or is he gone gone.  They reading the will?  Ghost must really be dead....right?

• Love 1

Yes, Junior was a selfish shit the entire episode. Paz should've told him to go holla at Sallie Mae and quit bugging her.  And then telling his grandfather about Angela? You don't just "snap out" of dementia, you twit. 

I mean, what has Paz done with her life that she can't afford to do anything? I don't know how Angela wasn't broke from supporting her family as well as herself.

How much time has passed in Power years? Angela was paying Junior's tuition way back in season 1. He should've graduated by now. I could've sworn back in season 3 or 4, Ghost offered to hire Junior at Truth and Paz shut it down, so I thought he was already out of school.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

How much time has passed in Power years? Angela was paying Junior's tuition way back in season 1. He should've graduated by now. I could've sworn back in season 3 or 4, Ghost offered to hire Junior at Truth and Paz shut it down, so I thought he was already out of school.

I've wondered this myself. Ghost could have hired Junior at Truth as a student though. The youngest St. Patrick child was a toddler when the show started and she appears to be ... four? now, so maybe two years? I was shocked when we saw the youngest kid - I thought they'd aged her up.

36 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I mean, what has Paz done with her life that she can't afford to do anything? I don't know how Angela wasn't broke from supporting her family as well as herself.

The finances are weird. Google tells me ADA salaries in NY average $160K, which would allow Angela to live in the place she had (at least three grand a month) and maybe put her nephew through a SUNY school, but adding nursing care for her father is a stretch. And if Paz is a hairdresser, she could make decent money. Also that apartment she lives in is huge.

I remember an episode with Paz where she was trying to get Angie to move their father into a nicer (read: more expensive) nursing home and Angie shut her down, and I was like "Can you stop spending your sister's money?"

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

And if Paz is a hairdresser, she could make decent money. Also that apartment she lives in is huge.

It is. Which was also funded by Angela. That's why it's completely baffling to me that she would ruin her chances of getting Angela's pension and benefits. I'm sure she at least had life insurance, so there's that. I get not wanting to accept money from the man you think ruined your sister's life (although Angela wasn't forced), but sis, you NEED that money since you burned your other option.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

It is. Which was also funded by Angela. That's why it's completely baffling to me that she would ruin her chances of getting Angela's pension and benefits. I'm sure she at least had life insurance, so there's that. I get not wanting to accept money from the man you think ruined your sister's life (although Angela wasn't forced), but sis, you NEED that money since you burned your other option.

I wonder if Paz was so used to Angela footing the bill for everything that she didn't try to better herself? The episode made Paz look bad (and her son, forget it - she should be embarrassed).

Also her insisting that Ghost ruined Angie's life got old. Like, yes, getting involved with him was a bad idea across the board and if she hadn't gotten involved with him, she'd still be alive. So would he. So would a bunch of people, actually. But she DID get involved with him and stayed involved with him, and that was her choice. She was grown and educated.

Really, everybody on the show is pretty awful. Tasha shot her best friend in the head. Tommy, forget it. Tariq, forget it. The only decent one is the little one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

I think Angela was paying for his private school tuition as well.  So maybe he was in high school when the show first started?

2 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I think about 3 years have passed in Power years based on school years for the twins. 

49 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I wonder if Paz was so used to Angela footing the bill for everything that she didn't try to better herself? The episode made Paz look bad (and her son, forget it - she should be embarrassed).

Now I can’t stand Paz sometimes but I didn’t get that impression. I got the impression that Paz worked a “regular job” at a salon (maybe a manicurist or hair stylist) and she was a single Mom, seems Paz took care of their dad for many years before the dementia and their Mom before she passed. They never “struggled” because Paz was responsible (And whatever pension/SS the parents brought in) and when Angela moved up in her career she took over Papi’s nursing home bill so he wouldn’t be dependent on Medicare/Medicaid and as a thank you to Paz for doing the heavy lifting with the parents all those years.

Paz having to get her check early to pay for the hospital room was ridiculous though- I think they did that to show us how not having Angela pick up the nursing home care changed the family finances. 

I must be in the minority thinking this was a good episode. Look, we know they're gonna tease us with "Who shot Ghost" and they're not gonna tell us right away.  Because who would care about any episodes after.  Everybody knew Paz wasnt the shooter, so I just sat back and watched it.  

About Paz blaming Jamie for everything that led to Angela's death- yeah of course Angie made her own decisions. But Paz was the older sister and probably felt that its her job to protect her baby sister.  The family sent Angie to Choate to get out the neighborhood.  And as was previously posted Paz took care of dad.  So she may have felt like a de facto mom.  And mothers hardly ever think their kids do wrong (Well, except Dre's mom).  So I can see Paz wanting to blame Jamie for her sisters downfall.

And yeah, Junior was an entitled brat.  Shows that always act like there is NO WAY someone cant go to school unless there is cash in hand tuition drive me bonkers. Almost as bad as someone having to fork over cash in hand money for a hospital room on the spot.  I'm sure her salon money went a looooong way paying off a hospital bill!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

I kept thinking....that's a really nice coat and purse.  

funny - I said for a woman who can't put her son through college without her sister's money- she is wearing a Moncler coat and her son is wearing a Canada Goose jacket - each easily $1000.  Oh not to mention the car she was driving.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kirkydee said:

Shows that always act like there is NO WAY someone cant go to school unless there is cash in hand tuition drive me bonkers.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine, the way movies and TV never, ever get higher ed financial aid right. They either act like it doesn't exist (and not in a thoughtful "you make too much to pay outright but not enough to qualify for good aid" way; they just straight up don't acknowledge that it is a thing) or they get it completely wrong.

• Love 3
On 1/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, mxc90 said:

The funny thing is he never stop working. He's just a working tv actor like most people. That doesn't always pay the bills. He had a guest spot on Lucifer around the time. He was on Lethal Weapon as guest spot too around the same time. He's just like many other actors that jump from one weekly guest spot to the next on TV. That's why I thought the whole thing was stupid.

I don't have a problem with this episode or this "filler" part of the season. This is the last we see most if not all these characters as they are so giving them all a wrap up is cool with me.

Paz believed Tasha because she wanted to. She wants to point the blame at everyone but her sister. Even if, in the moment she realizes that Angela laid her own bed, she's not going to stop wanting vengeance for her sister. People believe what they want to believe.

I honestly could not remember hearing or knowing Paz by name and heard it almost literally 100 times last night including the meaning of her name. No one hears their name that much.

19 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

This is a huge pet peeve of mine, the way movies and TV never, ever get higher ed financial aid right. They either act like it doesn't exist (and not in a thoughtful "you make too much to pay outright but not enough to qualify for good aid" way; they just straight up don't acknowledge that it is a thing) or they get it completely wrong.

A lot of people including me don't want to live in that kind of debt so without tuition covered, it's not an option. It's a thing and a logical thing. Not just something movies and TV like to lean on.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

The funny thing is he never stop working. He's just a working tv actor like most people. That doesn't always pay the bills. He had a guest spot on Lucifer around the time. He was on Lethal Weapon as guest spot too around the same time. He's just like many other actors that jump from one weekly guest spot to the next on TV. That's why I thought the whole thing was stupid.

He also popped up on The Affair (before I stopped watching it) and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and I think he said when the whole Trader Joe's thing broke that he also taught acting? Something like that. He might have been an adjunct, which pays almost literally nothing. But he, like 99% of us, needed a steady paycheck, so he got one. I say good for him.

5 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

A lot of people including me don't want to live in that kind of debt so without tuition covered, it's not an option. It's a thing and a logical thing. Not just something movies and TV like to lean on.

My point was that often, there is no mention that financial aid even exists. Not "we looked into it and what we'd get still puts college out of reach," which is a very real problem. But just no mention of it at all. Or they say stuff like "Our financial aid goes to the students with the best grades," which isn't how it works.

And what bothered me this episode was Junior's entitlement. He was stomping around all episode talking about "Well, is ANYBODY going to give me my tuition?" and "I don't WANNA take care of my grandfather, I wanna go back to school!" Even in the lawyer's office, he asked "how much did we get, am I going back to school?" Not "maybe you can use the money to take a vacation, Mom" or "good, Abuelo can get the care he needs in a nursing home." Just "me me me!"

Meanwhile, Paz is grieving her sister (I thought the actress did a very good job showing her grief and how she was coming undone over it and all the stress), caring for her father who has dementia, and trying to deal with untangling everything related to the DA's office, and on top of all that she has her adult able-bodied son, who we have no reason to believe is incapable of getting a job, whining about how hard all this is for HIM because the gravy train ended when his aunt was murdered. It was a bad look for Junior.

• Love 5

Yes Junior was awful. I am not trying to saddle him with a boatload of debt but he was SO SELF CENTERED. He can see how much his Mom is hurting and never even mentions researching scholarships or getting a job or transferring schools to help her out next semester. 

And the way he treated Papi- no good came from telling him Angela was dead, he was a brat. If I was his Mom I would’ve smacked him and told him to hush up! @Empress1 you had it right on the money. 

• Love 3

The  one bad thing about having a Paz-centered episode is that it meant having all those Angela flashbacks. For a minute I was scared Angie was still alive.

Poor Paz. All that angst for a sister who was living, breathing trash.

Oh please, a DNC high muckety-muck has personal sway over an AUSA? That said, if the DNC had done their homework on James why were they still backing him? Plenty of criminals have been elected to office but this guy was a straight up gangster who'd left dead bodies all over New York.

Wow, James did right by Paz. And her dumbass almost let her pride get in the way. But apparently she was ready to give up her freedom to kill Tommy. Pssht, if it were that easy he'd be long dead.

TOMMY!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramona is the killer. 

Me either. She seems a bit off, like she's been drinking lightly poisoned koolaid, unawares. Whatever, Tariq doing it would be too Shakespearean, IMO, and he's not worth all that. Let them hang it on the embittered girlfriend.

• Love 2

So I've seen speculation elsewhere that Junior is actually Angela's son. If that's true then Ghost is maybe his father and they perhaps SORASed him so he can be in the spinoff with Tariq. Makes me wonder though why Angela wouldn't have told James about him regardless of who his father is.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

He also popped up on The Affair (before I stopped watching it) and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and I think he said when the whole Trader Joe's thing broke that he also taught acting? Something like that. He might have been an adjunct, which pays almost literally nothing. But he, like 99% of us, needed a steady paycheck, so he got one. I say good for him.

My point was that often, there is no mention that financial aid even exists. Not "we looked into it and what we'd get still puts college out of reach," which is a very real problem. But just no mention of it at all. Or they say stuff like "Our financial aid goes to the students with the best grades," which isn't how it works.

And what bothered me this episode was Junior's entitlement. He was stomping around all episode talking about "Well, is ANYBODY going to give me my tuition?" and "I don't WANNA take care of my grandfather, I wanna go back to school!" Even in the lawyer's office, he asked "how much did we get, am I going back to school?" Not "maybe you can use the money to take a vacation, Mom" or "good, Abuelo can get the care he needs in a nursing home." Just "me me me!"

Meanwhile, Paz is grieving her sister (I thought the actress did a very good job showing her grief and how she was coming undone over it and all the stress), caring for her father who has dementia, and trying to deal with untangling everything related to the DA's office, and on top of all that she has her adult able-bodied son, who we have no reason to believe is incapable of getting a job, whining about how hard all this is for HIM because the gravy train ended when his aunt was murdered. It was a bad look for Junior.

I get what you are saying. I just look at it like I know the mindset. Everyone knows about financial aid. Relying on it isn't a thought for many. 

Junior was trash though. Shit the hell up and work on solutions. Real solutions.

Edited by Racj82
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

on top of all that she has her adult able-bodied son, who we have no reason to believe is incapable of getting a job, whining about how hard all this is for HIM because the gravy train ended when his aunt was murdered. It was a bad look for Junior.

58 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So I've seen speculation elsewhere that Junior is actually Angela's son. If that's true then Ghost is maybe his father and they perhaps SORASed him so he can be in the spinoff with Tariq. Makes me wonder though why Angela wouldn't have told James about him regardless of who his father is.

With level of self-centeredness emanating from Junior, I could believe that's from Jamie's loins.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Paz mentioned to Saxe that Angela didn't want to go to Choate at first because she didn't want to leave Jaime behind, but Paz told Angela to apply anyway. However, seasons ago, Angela told Jaime that he got into Choate, too, but he didn't go because he didn't want to leave Tommy. So, is this a retcon or did they both get in, Angela hesitated but went anyway, and Jaime stayed back?

It would've been nice to get a Jaime backstory. He had promise, but chose street life. It never rang true for me that he didn't have another option; especially since he got into Choate. Tommy running the streets made sense, but Jaime seemed to have a stable influence in his life with his father. Not sure what happened there. Shame we'll never know.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Paz mentioned to Saxe that Angela didn't want to go to Choate at first because she didn't want to leave Jaime behind, but Paz told Angela to apply anyway. However, seasons ago, Angela told Jaime that he got into Choate, too, but he didn't go because he didn't want to leave Tommy. So, is this a retcon or did they both get in, Angela hesitated but went anyway, and Jaime stayed back?

It would've been nice to get a Jaime backstory. He had promise, but chose street life. It never rang true for me that he didn't have another option; especially since he got into Choate. Tommy running the streets made sense, but Jaime seemed to have a stable influence in his life with his father. Not sure what happened there. Shame we'll never know.

It’s not a recon. Both Angela and Jaime got into Choate- they planned to go together. Jaime wouldn’t leave Tommy, Angela didn’t want to leave Jaime but decided to do so anyway (GOOD!)

I think with Jaime, he stuck with a the drug life because there he would be the big fish in the small pond, and he would become wealthy because he was smart and ruthless. At a place like Choate, although he was smart, he wasn’t a “MENSA” type genius that would end up at NASA or something, and although he was fine and would have plenty attention from girls & friends, there would be other rich boys JUST as fine more secure in their place in the social hierarchy. Jaime couldve left the streets if he really wanted to, but I don’t think he loved himself enough to try, and he was so insecure he had to be top dog in his world. 

• Love 3