Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Dopesick

This series premieres on January 7, 2020:

Jess LeCroix and his elite team of FBI Fugitive Task Force agents track a doctor who's deeply involved in a world of organized crime, drugs and lies, and is on the run after a phone call records him delivering his wife's fatal shot.

What exactly was the plan supposed to be at the end? “Hey, let’s unbalance the perpetrator and then let his daughter come out to meet him. And then let them physically get close to each other. What could possibly go wrong?”

• Love 2

If anyone wants to know where they got the idea for the story google “murder of April Kauffman ” near Atlantic City New Jersey. She was a local radio personality who supported veterans causes, married to a  local doctor, found shot to death in her home. Her husband was (much later) arrested for her murder along with members of a motorcycle gang with whom he had a pill pushing business. One of the chief differences was that according to people I know who know her, his daughter from his first marriage never had any illusions about her father. He “committed suicide” in jail much like Epstein before his trial. Weird 6 degrees of separation for me watching this. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 4

So this was an okay start to the show, but I still have some questions - where exactly does the team operate out of? NYC or DC/Quantico? I wonder if we will see them travel across the country? And why was Isobel on, just for one brief scene? 

The plot was okay, on a show like this where we know who the bad guy is from the start they will have to come up with ways to make it suspenseful, and they did okay with that tonight.

I don’t find the characters nearly as likable as the characters on FBI, I don’t like hotheads with anger problems so Crosby (I think that’s his name) I didn’t like at all. I liked Lecroix’s partner fine, the younger female agent and the brother in law were just kind of there, and I like Lecroix but he seems to do everything and be super smart. 

I don’t like the family connections of having Lecroix’s brother in law on the team.

This was better than the backdoor pilot, hopefully it improves going forward. 

For their hard work, the fugitive task force is assigned to the dim lit, moldy, basement of the New York office (?) right next to the car fumes. If they get a second season, they may move upstairs.

I am not feeling Crosby with his over aggressiveness. 

They couldn't get to Brock before he could get the gun to his daughter's head?

All that honey is going to catch up to LeCroix.

That was some sales presentation at the strip club! 

8 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

And why was Isobel on, just for one brief scene? 

The actress was originally hired for this show. Then they moved her over to the mother show. They will share her, but her role on the mother show appears to be the bigger of the two.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, AuntieL said:

If anyone wants to know where they got the idea for the story google “murder of April Kauffman ” near Atlantic City New Jersey. She was a local radio personality who supported veterans causes, married to a  local doctor, found shot to death in her home. Her husband was (much later) arrested for her murder along with members of a motorcycle gang with whom he had a pill pushing business. One of the chief differences was that according to people I know who know her, his daughter from his first marriage never had any illusions about her father. He “committed suicide” in jail much like Epstein before his trial. Weird 6 degrees of separation for me watching this. 

Omgosh that is banana crackers! I've never heard that story and thought it was just so convoluted! Now here it is 90% based true. Wowza

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, rhys said:

Omgosh that is banana crackers! I've never heard that story and thought it was just so convoluted! Now here it is 90% based true. Wowza

I guess Dick Wolf is continuing his "ripped from the headlines" formula as he used for the three Law & Order shows prior to the FBI franchise!

• Love 2

I liked this but mainly because (other then  Maggie) I have begun to get really tired of all the characters on the original.   Plus I like a good drug story.   I though of Dirty John when I saw this but then thought it was far too obvious.   If the show is going to have any longevity it is going to need interesting people to chase.   

I did like the tie ins with all the daughters. One daughter with a drug addict for a mother.   Another with a liar con artist for a father and then we have the main character and his daughter.

I thought this was pretty bad. I'll give it another week but not feeling it so far. I did like the plot of the drug-dealing doctor but did not love most of the supporting cast. 

11 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

This was better than the backdoor pilot, hopefully it improves going forward. 

To me, that's not saying much. The backdoor pilot was baaaaaaaaaad. This episode was better just because it didn't have a dumbass walking up to an obviously enraged man destroying a headstone with a pickaxe.

• Love 2
On 1/8/2020 at 7:43 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I am so confused. Do they have an office? Why are they in a RV? Is it a mobile office? 

Hey, a van worked for Scooby Doo and his investigative pals. Why not the FBI? (I kid!)

• LOL 2

I finally got around to watching this, and my prejudices were pretty much confirmed: the world doesn't need yet another Dick Wolf vehicle. A cast of thousands and plot 'twists' that should surprise nobody with a brain cell.

I've never seen Julian McMahon in anything but Nip/Tuck, so I may be affected by my loathing for Christian Troy. His character here seems cold and remote, but maybe that's on purpose. Everybody else in the 'team' is uninteresting and could be exchanged with almost anybody from the 'teams' on L&O (all of them), Chicago series (all of them) and of course, original FBI. I guess for some viewers that could be a feature, not a bug.

• Useful 1