Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Rehabilitated AF

Roxy is released from rehab and begins to make amends with those she hurt. In apologizing to Natalie, Roxy finds out that Izzy is now coached by Nick, which enables her to reveal the truth behind their relationship. Donovan decides it's time for Julia to meet his kids, but Julia quickly realizes teenagers are trickier to win over than she thought. Edie and Amanda's personal relationship blossoms, but Edie struggles to make a worthwhile deal for Leon's sentence in the all-new "Rehabilitated AF" winter premiere episode of ALMOST FAMILY airing Wednesday, Jan. 1 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (AFM-109) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Seriously, what is wrong with Edie. She KNOWS what the ethics are. It's not credible to think she's that clueless. And that goes for Amanda, too. She should have recused herself a long time ago. Even the appearance of conflict of interest jeopardizes everything.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Seriously, what is wrong with Edie. She KNOWS what the ethics are. It's not credible to think she's that clueless. And that goes for Amanda, too. She should have recused herself a long time ago. Even the appearance of conflict of interest jeopardizes everything.

This has been the most ridiculous storyline. I hope it is finally resolved by Edie being removed from the case. I can’t believe she actually acted offended that her client would request a new lawyer that is not dating the prosecution. Maybe she inherited his warped sense of ethics.

I missed the first half of this show, but based on the episode description, I assume it starts with Roxy getting out of rehab. I don’t like how the show just fast forwarded through that. It feels like one of those “very special episodes” of sitcoms where a character miraculously overcomes an addiction by the next episode.

• Love 4

Yeah I really don't get how both Amanda and Edie were surprised... They're both sleeping with the opposition... And Edie cheated on her actual professional and personal partner.... Its pure arrogance that they would think they'd just skate on this... Julia was annoying all over the place... It took me all of. 3 seconds to conclude the mom had an affair.. And she's pressing her dad.. Who's already admitted to knowing the entire time she wasn't his biologically speaking.. About details... I mean read the room... And the stuff with the kids.. Ugh... She really is a try-hard

• Love 4
19 hours ago, TVForever said:

Edie gets more awful by the week. I'm actually wanting to punch a fictional character in the face. I want Tim to have the happiest of happy ever afters.

Of course shes awful her mom excuses it and so does her insta sisters. Shes just like her POS father 

• Love 4

This is legitimately one of the worst shows I’ve ever actively watched, probably the worst since Pretty Little Liars ended. But I have a habit of sticking with shows I know are going to be cancelled soon anyways as this will be 13 episodes and done.

Having every main female character be so actively unlikeable is not a great look in 2020. Do they seriously want us to root for Edie when she cheated on her husband with the prosecutor she is opposing? No real person would get sympathy in this case but these people do not communicate like actual people. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, gsnrocks92 said:

This is legitimately one of the worst shows I’ve ever actively watched, probably the worst since Pretty Little Liars ended. But I have a habit of sticking with shows I know are going to be cancelled soon anyways as this will be 13 episodes and done.

Having every main female character be so actively unlikeable is not a great look in 2020. Do they seriously want us to root for Edie when she cheated on her husband with the prosecutor she is opposing? No real person would get sympathy in this case but these people do not communicate like actual people. 

Yeah I feel bad for Britany Snow and Emily Osment as I like them but this show is not good and I do kinda feel like we are supposed to like Edie. When's shes awful and I dont get what Tim did to deserve her cheating on him and her insta sisters cover for her and keep a secret.

Just now, Josh371982 said:

Yeah I feel bad for Britany Snow and Emily Osment as I like them but this show is not good and I do kinda feel like we are supposed to like Edie. When's shes awful and I dont get what Tim did to deserve her cheating on him and her insta sisters cover for her and keep a secret until she finally had the huevos and poor Edie he didnt give her a reaction she wanted 

• Love 4

I feel like Fox is letting this show die....they aired a new episode on Thanksgiving and now one on New Year's Day?

Most of the characters are annoying, but I hope Roxy gets people to believe her about the creepy coach. I have a hard time disliking her knowing how messed up her childhood was. At least her parents didn't try and excuse the coach.

• Love 6
On 1/2/2020 at 12:46 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Yeah I really don't get how both Amanda and Edie were surprised... They're both sleeping with the opposition... And Edie cheated on her actual professional and personal partner.... Its pure arrogance that they would think they'd just skate on this... Julia was annoying all over the place... It took me all of. 3 seconds to conclude the mom had an affair.. And she's pressing her dad.. Who's already admitted to knowing the entire time she wasn't his biologically speaking.. About details... I mean read the room... And the stuff with the kids.. Ugh... She really is a try-hard

I don't get how Julia can be blamed about this. She deserves to know the whole truth and Leon owes her that. I'm even surprised he thinks he has the choice here. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Cassandre said:

I don't get how Julia can be blamed about this. She deserves to know the whole truth and Leon owes her that. I'm even surprised he thinks he has the choice here. 

I think saying he owes it to her is a bit much... Maybe telling what he knows is the right thing.. But if all he knows is that his wife cheated on him and became pregnant.. And he in turn didn't want any more info and set out to love the child as his own.. I'd say keeping the wife's confidence and the daughter's image of the mother is more important than letting Julia know her saint is mother was a cheater with no other useful information 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I think saying he owes it to her is a bit much... Maybe telling what he knows is the right thing.. But if all he knows is that his wife cheated on him and became pregnant.. And he in turn didn't want any more info and set out to love the child as his own.. I'd say keeping the wife's confidence and the daughter's image of the mother is more important than letting Julia know her saint is mother was a cheater with no other useful information 

Would you say that Tim didn't deserve the truth because he needed to keep a good image of his wife too ? It's always better to know than being lied to. Julia said she needs that information, so why would she cry about it later when she finds out her mother wasn't a saint ? She will be sad for sure but not about knowing. The episode showed that she was determined enough to know where she comes from. Julia has done a lot for Leon. He owes her the truth. 

And the thing is, Leon is never telling the whole truth. There's always more to what he says. To be honest I don't believe anything this guy says. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cassandre said:

Would you say that Tim didn't deserve the truth because he needed to keep a good image of his wife too ? It's always better to know than being lied to. Julia said she needs that information, so why would she cry about it later when she finds out her mother wasn't a saint ? She will be sad for sure but not about knowing. The episode showed that she was determined enough to know where she comes from. Julia has done a lot for Leon. He owes her the truth. 

And the thing is, Leon is never telling the whole truth. There's always more to what he says. To be honest I don't believe anything this guy says. 

I don't believe that the two scenarios are equal.. Buy I understand where it is ur coming from... I'm glad Leon told her... But I guess I know why he'd keep it to himself... Up until Julia found out this info wasn't actively hurting her... Edie was destroying her personal and professional life with Tim and still was until he said something to Leon... If there's more to the story with Leon and the mom.. thats one thing.. But as it stands.. It seems all he knew was she cheated once and became pregnant.. Odds are Edie's mom knows more so we'll have to see where they go with it

• Love 2
7 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I don't believe that the two scenarios are equal.. Buy I understand where it is ur coming from... I'm glad Leon told her... But I guess I know why he'd keep it to himself... Up until Julia found out this info wasn't actively hurting her... Edie was destroying her personal and professional life with Tim and still was until he said something to Leon... If there's more to the story with Leon and the mom.. thats one thing.. But as it stands.. It seems all he knew was she cheated once and became pregnant.. Odds are Edie's mom knows more so we'll have to see where they go with it

I'm not saying this because I think the two scenarios are equal. I meant to say that even if the truth hurts, it's always better to know it. And here we got two characters who wanted to know the truth. It's not up to the other person to decide whether they need to know or not, otherwise it's selfish. 

Leon told Genevieve why he kept it for himself. I think he said something like he's afraid to lose Julia ? If so that's what I'm talking about. It's not about Julia, it's about him. 

Yes, it looks like Genevieve knows a lot of things. I'm wondering why Julia didn't go to her directly. She was her mom's friend I believe. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, abc123baby said:

so i guess the tooth tapping tell is not a real thing? because julia does it and is not actually leon's daughter? so will they keep showing that as a "tell" for each new character they introduce?

It still could be.. Just in julia's case it was a learned behavior