Type keyword(s) to search

Spoil Me This, Mando: Spoilers for The Mandalorian

• Start Topic

It would be implausible for Ahsoka to see Baby Yoda and leave him with Mando.

She is:

• Force Sensitive and obviously a better mentor than Mando
  • Able to kill any and all opponents - even Sith Lords - therefore a better protector

The 3rd season twist might be Sabine Wren taking over as The Mandalorian instead of spinning her off into a new show. She can keep looking for Ezra or she might have already found him and they are teaming up to eradicate rogue Imperial factions like Moff Gus. 

2 hours ago, magdalene said:

I just have been feeling for a while now  that they are hiding some huge twist, something so big that it will change everything. Something nobody has guessed. 

The show is called "The Mandalorian" but it doesn't have to be centered around our Mandalorian for the rest of its run.

I don't know. But I remember how well they hid Baby Yoda.    What do you guys think?

I don't know.  I'm sorry, I don't want to agree with you, because I don't like it...  I've grown to love "our" Mandalorian.  To me, it just wouldn't be the same.

• Love 3

Here is the thing about Pedro Pascal continuing to actively share posts about The Mandalorian on Twitter and Instagram -- while it would be lovely to think that he is sharing everything out of the goodness of his heart, it IS possible that some degree of promotion of the series is expected of the actors and written into their contracts.  There are plenty of actors who have something about Media written into their contracts, and that can include TV interviews, print interviews, various things on social media, etc.  So Pedro could just be doing what he is legally supposed to do -- but he could also be doing it because he is a good guy who wants to be supportive of the crew.

Pedro knows about the rumors going around now -- I've seen people tag him in their comments and say things like "Please don't leave the show" or whatever.  He has not said anything.  IF it were totally untrue and made up, he could have tweeted a reply such as "Don't believe everything you read.'"  He has not said a word about it -- neither to say that the rumors are wrong, NOR to say he'll be back for Season 3.  And again.... that probably comes down to legalities and paperwork.  Pedro likely signed an NDA, which would prevent him from talking about anything having to do with the show behind the scenes, or story lines, etc., until he was allowed.

While on the subject of contracts, Pedro would have known what was in his contract for Season 2 IF he read it.  That contract probably had the exact tasks he would be expected to perform in the series for Season 2 -- and if that included more helmet removal scenes than what we saw in Season 1, he should have known about it from the contract.  If he was expected to wear the whole head-to-toe set of armor, he would have known about it prior to filming.  It's not like he would have found out about what he had to do in the middle of filming Season 2.  That's crazy.  So that's where I think the rumor begins to fall apart.  Something doesn't make sense about Pedro just all of a sudden getting upset in the middle of filming, about something he should have already known before filming began.

Now this doesn't mean that there weren't problems on the set.  There are creative differences on sets all the time, so maybe Pedro was unhappy with something and they didn't care.  I said quite a while back that I had a feeling that there was some sort of division between the two main stunt doubles (Lateef and Brendan) and Pedro.  I just sensed there might be some animosity there.  Perhaps Pedro said or did something that made them feel like he was taking all the credit for Mando, and they might not have felt he was being a team player.  Perhaps something was written into his contract and then it changed mid-production, so he questioned why he was not doing a particular thing.

I would have expected Pedro to possibly be uncomfortable having to work with Rosario Dawson, as he is a vocal supporter of the LGBTQ community, while Rosario and her family are being sued for allegedly attacking, abusing, etc., a transgender man who was a former friend and employee.  Pedro might not have had any scenes with her where they had to be in the same room, but IF they did I don't think he would have been happy about it.

Whatever the case, as unhappy as Pedro might have been,  I can't picture his just walking out in the middle of Season 2's filming, or being asked to leave in the middle of it, unless he was just being totally unprofessional and inappropriate.  That doesn't seem like him to just fly off the handle and cause so much of a stir on the set that he is asked to leave mid-filming.

So again, back to what I said in a previous post, I can see how the rumor might have sprung from a kernel of truth -- but then got embellished and distorted along the way, as to the specifics, and Grace got the embellished version.

We can only hope that Pedro was able to patch up the problems -- if there were any -- and sign a new contract.  That sad, I can't say that I am 100% confident he'll be in Season 3 either.  It seems very much like Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau are hell bent on making things bigger and including other Star Wars characters.  They might be writing less for Pedro to do.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Here is the thing about Pedro Pascal continuing to actively share posts about The Mandalorian on Twitter and Instagram -- while it would be lovely to think that he is sharing everything out of the goodness of his heart, it IS possible that some degree of promotion of the series is expected of the actors and written into their contracts.  There are plenty of actors who have something about Media written into their contracts, and that can include TV interviews, print interviews, various things on social media, etc.  So Pedro could just be doing what he is legally supposed to do -- but he could also be doing it because he is a good guy who wants to be supportive of the crew.

Pedro knows about the rumors going around now -- I've seen people tag him in their comments and say things like "Please don't leave the show" or whatever.  He has not said anything.  IF it were totally untrue and made up, he could have tweeted a reply such as "Don't believe everything you read.'"  He has not said a word about it -- neither to say that the rumors are wrong, NOR to say he'll be back for Season 3.  And again.... that probably comes down to legalities and paperwork.  Pedro likely signed an NDA, which would prevent him from talking about anything having to do with the show behind the scenes, or story lines, etc., until he was allowed.

While on the subject of contracts, Pedro would have known what was in his contract for Season 2 IF he read it.  That contract probably had the exact tasks he would be expected to perform in the series for Season 2 -- and if that included more helmet removal scenes than what we saw in Season 1, he should have known about it from the contract.  If he was expected to wear the whole head-to-toe set of armor, he would have known about it prior to filming.  It's not like he would have found out about what he had to do in the middle of filming Season 2.  That's crazy.  So that's where I think the rumor begins to fall apart.  Something doesn't make sense about Pedro just all of a sudden getting upset in the middle of filming, about something he should have already known before filming began.

Now this doesn't mean that there weren't problems on the set.  There are creative differences on sets all the time, so maybe Pedro was unhappy with something and they didn't care.  I said quite a while back that I had a feeling that there was some sort of division between the two main stunt doubles (Lateef and Brendan) and Pedro.  I just sensed there might be some animosity there.  Perhaps Pedro said or did something that made them feel like he was taking all the credit for Mando, and they might not have felt he was being a team player.  Perhaps something was written into his contract and then it changed mid-production, so he questioned why he was not doing a particular thing.

I would have expected Pedro to possibly be uncomfortable having to work with Rosario Dawson, as he is a vocal supporter of the LGBTQ community, while Rosario and her family are being sued for allegedly attacking, abusing, etc., a transgender man who was a former friend and employee.  Pedro might not have had any scenes with her where they had to be in the same room, but IF they did I don't think he would have been happy about it.

Whatever the case, as unhappy as Pedro might have been,  I can't picture his just walking out in the middle of Season 2's filming, or being asked to leave in the middle of it, unless he was just being totally unprofessional and inappropriate.  That doesn't seem like him to just fly off the handle and cause so much of a stir on the set that he is asked to leave mid-filming.

So again, back to what I said in a previous post, I can see how the rumor might have sprung from a kernel of truth -- but then got embellished and distorted along the way, as to the specifics, and Grace got the embellished version.

We can only hope that Pedro was able to patch up the problems -- if there were any -- and sign a new contract.  That sad, I can't say that I am 100% confident he'll be in Season 3 either.  It seems very much like Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau are hell bent on making things bigger and including other Star Wars characters.  They might be writing less for Pedro to do.

I don't think even Pedro not saying anything now would be automatically a bad sign.   It could be that something happens to his character in season 2 that hinting he was in season 3 might be considered a big spoiler.

Is it stupid of me to feel bad for the little green bean if his daddy Mando is leaving him?

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

It seems very much like Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau are hell bent on making things bigger and including other Star Wars characters.  They might be writing less for Pedro to do.

I'm one viewer who heard about this adorable Baby Yoda creature, ordered Disney+ just so I could see what all the hype was about, and became a "Star Wars" fan only because of Mando and Baby Yoda.  I put "Star Wars" in quotation marks not because it's a title, but because I wouldn't consider myself a true Star Wars fan.  I have now watched all 9 of the main movies, yes, but I'm still just here for the Dadalorian. 

If Favreau and Filoni write Din Djarin out and keep adding more characters that I've never heard of, I don't know if I would still watch.  I think for me, Baby Yoda would have to become the absolute central character with maximum screen time if there was no Din.

They sucked me in.  They made me like Star Wars.  I can't be the only one.  In my opinion, if they stray too far away from the premise that hooked me and like-minded people like me, then they would be doing themselves a huge disservice.

Just now, magdalene said:

Is it stupid of me to feel bad for the little green bean if his daddy Mando is leaving him?

No.  I would be devastated for him. 

• Love 4

Yes, I have watched various Star Wars movies over the years without ever being a fan.  I was sucked in because of Baby Yoda and his relationship with Mando. It would kill a lot of my enjoyment if Baby Yoda's father figure were gone.  And if they get rid of Baby Yoda to focus on various Star Wars characters that don't mean anything to me - it's bye-bye from me.

I hope they are smart enough to know what a draw Baby Yoda is for the show.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

If Favreau and Filoni write Din Djarin out and keep adding more characters that I've never heard of, I don't know if I would still watch.  I think for me, Baby Yoda would have to become the absolute central character with maximum screen time if there was no Din.

I recommend that you try to watch Season 6 & 7 of Clone Wars and Season 4 of Rebels. Filoni had all these characters developed years ago.

10 minutes ago, paigow said:

I recommend that you try to watch Season 6 & 7 of Clone Wars and Season 4 of Rebels. Filoni had all these characters developed years ago.

They are the two animated series, right?  I appreciate the recommendation, but I can't... I tried.  For some reason for me, animation has to be a kids movie/show, or I just can't get in to it.  I have a friend who keeps telling me to try again, so maybe one day I will...

• Love 3
8 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

They are the two animated series, right?  I appreciate the recommendation, but I can't... I tried.  For some reason for me, animation has to be a kids movie/show, or I just can't get in to it.  I have a friend who keeps telling me to try again, so maybe one day I will...

I feel the exact same way.  I got through maybe an episode and a half of Clone Wars - did nothing for me.  Yes, I've heard that it gets better and is awesome towards the end.   I've seen all of the SW movies and enjoyed them to varying degrees (I'm an original trilogy purist, I guess). 

I would probably bail if they move on from our basic premise of Din & the Child.  I'm not excited about these other SW characters making an appearance; it narrows what, for me, should be a huge universe.  I like the focus on Dad & baby, with new characters popping in once in a while or being revisited.   I have zero interest in another Mandalorian replacing Din.

Though Pedro Pascal seems like a great guy, well, there have been other actors who seemed great who turned out to be not so great.  So I don't know.   Plus, if his movie career is taking off, he might not have as much interest in a time consuming series where his face isn't shown. 

It wouldn't be the first time that showrunners have specific plans for their series of which I don't approve, heh!  I'll keep watching and enjoying for now.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, raven said:

Plus, if his movie career is taking off, he might not have as much interest in a time consuming series where his face isn't shown. 

I agree with everything you say, but I'm only quoting the above to ask a follow-up question.  Does The Mandalorian really take up that much of Pedro's time?  I thought it only filmed for about 3 months, 4 at the most.  And he's not required for all of that time, clearly.  But even if he was, that leaves 9 months of the year for him to do other projects.  

Bo Katan and Sabine are Mandalorians from Mandolore. They also take off their helmets all the time so I'm not sure why Din has the no helmet removal rule 

I put off watching the Clone Wars for a long time and it did take about 2 seasons before I fell in love with it. Getting to know Anakin better makes the prequels a little easier to enjoy. As for Rebels I only watched that to see grown up Ahsoka. She quickly became my favorite Star Wars character. I did end up enjoying rebels but not as much as the Clone Wars. 

I have no idea what went on behind the scenes but it certainly gives something to talk about for the next month while we wait for season 2. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Does The Mandalorian really take up that much of Pedro's time?  I thought it only filmed for about 3 months, 4 at the most.  And he's not required for all of that time, clearly.  But even if he was, that leaves 9 months of the year for him to do other projects.  

Honestly I have no idea; I was just guessing. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I agree with everything you say, but I'm only quoting the above to ask a follow-up question.  Does The Mandalorian really take up that much of Pedro's time?  I thought it only filmed for about 3 months, 4 at the most.  And he's not required for all of that time, clearly.  But even if he was, that leaves 9 months of the year for him to do other projects.  

Season 1 was supposedly filmed (in L.A.) from approximately September 2018 and February 2019.  During this time there would have also been an extensive break during the holidays.  Pedro, who lives in L.A., was out of town quite a bit during production, as he had to film Wonder Woman 1984, and also go into extensive rehearsals for King Lear.  He DID come to the Mando set at least a few times -- to observe and see what was happening, to try to collaborate with Brendan Wayne (who was one of the main guys in the Mando armor), to do electronic press kit interviews, to do his voice work, to shoot his one scene without a helmet, etc.

Season 2 was supposed to have begun production in October 2019.  But Jon Favreau later said they started filming right after Season 1 premiered in November 2019.  They wrapped up in early March.  This time around, Brendan missed a big chunk of the shoot because he had an extended stay in the hospital.  BUT.... Pedro was in L.A. at some point every month throughout the production.  He didn't have those other jobs to take him away this time.  So I have to assume that Pedro DID spend more time on the set during Season 2 -- but in what capacity, who knows?  He would have been in the armor more often  He coule have had more scenes with his face on display.  He could have just been observing.  With Brendan out and Pedro in town and free of other jobs, it seems there would be more things for him to do.

I don't know the specifics of when Season 3 is supposed to film -- there was a rumor was that they have to movie to a new location because they're being bumped out of their current one, and the relocation process is happening in stages.   I saw Brendan make a comment to someone about not being called to return yet -- he doesn't know if or when he'll be asked back, but he hopes he will be.

And Pedro's new movie with Nicolas Cage is supposed to start production next month.  So if Mando S3 begins sometime during the time when Pedro is filming his other project, and IF Pedro is part of Season 3 at all, then I guess he'll just have to pop in and out to see what's happening when he has some down time.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, raven said:

Though Pedro Pascal seems like a great guy, well, there have been other actors who seemed great who turned out to be not so great.  So I don't know.   Plus, if his movie career is taking off, he might not have as much interest in a time consuming series where his face isn't shown. 

The rumor was weird to begin with but more importantly, there's a reliable source that completely debunks him not being around till the end of filming season 2:

Pedro Pascal even talked frankly about his experience filming as the Mandalorian. Hint: nothing about not being able to show his face, everything about the physical challenges. This is from a podcast he did in May: 

The entire podcast is nearly an hour and a half long but it's fun and a lot of Pedro's humility comes through - he even tells a story about how when he was initially cast in Game of Thrones, he was too embarrassed to ask if the casting was actually confirmed and spent some time being confused as to whether he was really hired or not! While it's true success can change people, it does seem a stretch to go from that to being an attention-seeking tantrum-throwing diva. Podcast does contain spoilers for his various roles, especially Game of Thrones and Equalizer 2. 

• Love 4
On 9/19/2020 at 7:51 AM, raven said:

I would probably bail if they move on from our basic premise of Din & the Child.  I'm not excited about these other SW characters making an appearance; it narrows what, for me, should be a huge universe.  I like the focus on Dad & baby, with new characters popping in once in a while or being revisited.   I have zero interest in another Mandalorian replacing Din.

I think there is zero chance that another  Mandalorian will replace Din even if all these rumors are true and I tend to think that they are not.  In all of television, The Mandalorian would be easier to replace than any other lead actor simply because we've only seen his face once and because the Mandalorian is not supposed to show his face except in extremely limited circumstances.  The only problem they would have is that this fandom is more likely to have more of a problem with it than your random viewers of another TV show.   But I think this fandom would rather come around to a different actor  versus some awkward hand off of baby Yoda to some other care taker.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

I think this might be my final thought on the topic (at least for now) because I don't want to belabor the point... but the show is called The Mandalorian.  It's not "A Mandalorian" or "Some Mandalorians" or "Mandalorian of the Week." 

The word "the" means specificity, and they have already specified that Din is THE Mandalorian!  They can't get rid of him or replace him!

(Please note I'm trying to write this with levity, though totally serious at the same time. 😉 )

• Love 3
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think this might be my final thought on the topic (at least for now) because I don't want to belabor the point... but the show is called The Mandalorian.  It's not "A Mandalorian" or "Some Mandalorians" or "Mandalorian of the Week." 

The word "the" means specificity, and they have already specified that Din is THE Mandalorian!  They can't get rid of him or replace him!

(Please note I'm trying to write this with levity, though totally serious at the same time. 😉 )

Star Trek: Picard - Human Picard is dead, the show continues with Android Picard... Humanoid Din dies and is replaced by a look-alike cyborg...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

There are rumors flying around Twitter that Rebels is getting a follow-up animated series but Star Wars hasn’t confirmed anything. If they did, it could squash the rumors that Pedro is leaving.

I feel like Rebel characters are more likely to pop into the other two Star Wars series then Mando.

21 hours ago, magdalene said:

The Kessel Run Transmission guys are saying that Cara Dune and Bo Katan are getting their own series.

Whoever holds the Dark Saber rules Mandalore. Moff Gus should die sometime this season...so Bo can return as Queen but there will inevitably be some Game Of Thrones intrigue, Cara might be head of the Queensguard...

• LOL 1
On 11/17/2020 at 5:27 PM, magdalene said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_2d-gBZXfM

This guy claims that Baby Yoda is about to exit the show.

First of all, he could be wrong.  He is a big supporter of Grace Randolph, enough said.

Should he be right -  Well, good bye Disney+ and Mandalorian  from me.  I am not watching this show without the child.  

They didn't spend $5 million on a puppet just to have him in 15 episodes and then the show go on without him.  Unless the puppet got damaged beyond repair in some way, I don't see this happening.  Plus, bye-bye all merchandise sales!  No one will buy Baby Yoda merch anymore if he's off the show.  Disney+ would not let Jon Favreau do that. 🤣

EDIT:  I made this comment before I watched the video.  I don't want to watch an Ahsoka show just because it has Baby Yoda.  I didn't even know they were making an Ahsoka show.  This is stupid.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Love 4

I don't even want to watch the episode where this supposed hand-over happens.  The poor little guy, who was likely abused for his entire life before Mando will think his new found daddy got rid of him and gave him to a stranger. 

For what it's worth I think it's much more likely that the baby will be captured by Moff Gideon by the end of the season and we will be waiting for a long time to have that cliffhanger resolved.  Who knows when they can start filming the third season.

In any case I took an intense instant dislike to Ashoka Tano because of all the gushing and drooling over her by fandom.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I don't even want to watch the episode where this supposed hand-over happens.  The poor little guy, who was likely abused for his entire life before Mando will think his new found daddy got rid of him and gave him to a stranger. 

For what it's worth I think it's much more likely that the baby will be captured by Moff Gideon by the end of the season and we will be waiting for a long time to have that cliffhanger resolved.  Who knows when they can start filming the third season.

In any case I took an intense instant dislike to Ashoka Tano because of all the gushing and drooling over her by fandom.

Yes, I agree!  I tried to watch Clone Wars because several friends suggested that I might like it.  I think I watched 2 episodes and had two observations: 

First, and this is clearly just my personal preference, but I don't like animated shows made for adults.  I like animated shows made for kids, like Saturday morning cartoons, but I can't get in to animated shows for adults. 

Second, Ahsoka Tano was super annoying!!  She's an annoying teenage know-it-all and I couldn't stand her.  Now, my friends did say that she grows and matures and "is awesome" in future seasons, but I couldn't tolerate it long enough to get to that point.  I keep thinking I'll try the series again, but I haven't brought myself to watch again yet.  

Regarding the third season, I think it's set to start filming this winter, and probably pretty soon.  It'll start as soon as Pedro is done with the movie he's filming in Europe right now.  That's what I read, at least.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Yes, I agree!  I tried to watch Clone Wars because several friends suggested that I might like it.  I think I watched 2 episodes and had two observations: 

Second, Ahsoka Tano was super annoying!!  She's an annoying teenage know-it-all and I couldn't stand her.  Now, my friends did say that she grows and matures and "is awesome" in future seasons, but I couldn't tolerate it long enough to get to that point.  I keep thinking I'll try the series again, but I haven't brought myself to watch again yet. 

I feel the same way about Ahsoka that you do.  I remember finding her annoying when Clone Wars was originally on.  I hated how it seemed like it was the Ahsoka show.   I've been trying to watch the episodes now and find her truly annoying and don't think I have the patience to watch more episodes unless someone tells me what episodes to start with.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

She really does grow, mature and become one of the best characters around. However, she was a annoying brat to start. In fact that seems to be the most common comment about her.

5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't want to watch an Ahsoka show just because it has Baby Yoda.  I didn't even know they were making an Ahsoka show.  This is stupid.

The only show I know has been talked about officially was an Ahsoka/Sabine spinoff. It was supposed to take place after The Rebels finale when the two of them take off searching for Ezra.  As I understood it would be another animated show.

Anyone that backs Grace Randolph isn't a legit spoiler source, IMO

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I agree, and I have heard plenty of people say this.  Afterall, she was the source of the Pedro-Pascal-storms-off-set-and-quits drama from earlier, and then when it was not true, they said, "oh, it's been resolved."  IMO, it never really happened in the first place.

But I don't actually know anything about Grace Randolph - can someone shed some light on her for me please?  Who is she and where is she from?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I agree, and I have heard plenty of people say this.  Afterall, she was the source of the Pedro-Pascal-storms-off-set-and-quits drama from earlier, and then when it was not true, they said, "oh, it's been resolved."  IMO, it never really happened in the first place.

But I don't actually know anything about Grace Randolph - can someone shed some light on her for me please?  Who is she and where is she from?

Here you go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Randolph

• Love 2

I don't mind cartoons for adults, they can do so much more with animation then they can do live action. Animating a space battle or an explosion is much cheaper than filming one. So they can go all out. People are already complaining that the child doesn't use the force more. It's a live tv show with a budget. On the cartoon they used the force all time.

When I watched the first season of Clone Wars, I hated Ahsoka and found her annoying and couldn't understand why people loved her so much. I didn't even like the first season. It took me a few months before I even started the second season. People said it was a good show so I gave another chance. By the end of S2 I was hooked but still wasn't enamoured with Ahsoka. That changed as the seasons went on enough where I barely wanted to watch the episodes she wasn't in. Lol

However I prefer Rebels Ahsoka, when she's in her late thirties where she's much more mature. Which is why I'm excited to see her again.

Isn't Ahsoka only appearing in one episode? So I doubt she's going to take the child. Something probably happens where she has to leave and tells Mando the child is safer with him, since any remaining Jedi are being hunted and killed or she goes to help Bo Katan take back Mandalore off screen. 

I'd rather they make an Ahsoka/Sabine show whether it's animated or live action. Then I'd have 2 Star Wars shows to watch. I'm not really interested in the Boba Fett one. I'm fine with seeing Ahsoka here first to see if I even like Rosario Dawson playing her. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Something probably happens where she has to leave and tells Mando the child is safer with him

Although Mando is close to unbeatable as a bodyguard, "Enemy Sorcerer" would be an upgrade. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Isn't Ahsoka only appearing in one episode? So I doubt she's going to take the child. Something probably happens where she has to leave and tells Mando the child is safer with him, since any remaining Jedi are being hunted and killed or she goes to help Bo Katan take back Mandalore off screen. 

I guess there's two ways this could go - Mando has to return Baby Yoda "to his kind."  Is the Yoda species "his kind," or are the Jedi "his kind"?  Does he have two kinds?

I'm thinking that Ahsoka says that Yoda thought he was the last of his species, and she doesn't really know any more about him.  Maybe they can work together to learn more about the Yoda species - rather than just Mando dumping Baby Yoda off with the first Jedi he meets.  And, and I don't know anything about Ahsoka, but why would she want a baby?  He can't be trained yet.  She'd just have to be his nanny for another x number of years like Mando would.  He seems to have a good thing going with Mando, so he just needs to stay with him.

14 hours ago, magdalene said:

Thanks!  So she's a comic book writer and... nothing else.  Got it. 😉 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I guess there's two ways this could go - Mando has to return Baby Yoda "to his kind."  Is the Yoda species "his kind," or are the Jedi "his kind"?  Does he have two kinds?

The Armourer said that dropping Baby Yoda off with any Jedi would satisfy basic quest requirements. Bonus XP and level rewards for actually finding another of the species...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, paigow said:

The Armourer said that dropping Baby Yoda off with any Jedi would satisfy basic quest requirements. Bonus XP and level rewards for actually finding another of the species...

Let's hope Mando isn't basic and is as above-and-beyond as he seems. 🙂 

• Love 3
On 11/18/2020 at 6:07 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

EDIT:  I made this comment before I watched the video.  I don't want to watch an Ahsoka show just because it has Baby Yoda.  I didn't even know they were making an Ahsoka show.  This is stupid.

The original rumor claimed that the Ahsoka series was going to be set after Rebels. That makes a lot more sense and couldn’t include Baby Yoda. 

On 11/18/2020 at 10:13 AM, paigow said:

The only way to stretch Baby Yoda staying with Mando is never meeting Ahsoka. For example, Imperial troopers attacked her, requiring escape before Mando arrives. 

I disagree. The armourer concluded that the Jedi are Baby Yoda’s people but that’s not necessarily true. Plus, the last time Ahsoka was seen she didn’t even consider herself to be a Jedi. It’s very likely she sends Mando off to find Yoga’s home planet or the Jedi. 

7 hours ago, Dani said:

The original rumor claimed that the Ahsoka series was going to be set after Rebels. That makes a lot more sense and couldn’t include Baby Yoda.

The last episode of Rebels included a time jump to 1 year after Endor [Episode 6] when Ahsoka helped Sabine begin searching for Ezra. Now we know that 5-6 years after Endor she is not looking anymore. A series that tries to fill in the blanks is one choice. Or it could be new adventures trying to find the Skywalker School For Gifted Children [where Ben/ Kylo killed all the other students]

Edited by paigow
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, paigow said:

The last episode of Rebels included a time jump to 1 year after Endor [Episode 6] when Ahsoka helped Sabine begin searching for Ezra. Now we know that 5-6 years after Endor she is not looking anymore. A series that tries to fill in the blanks is one choice. Or it could be new adventures trying to find the Skywalker School For Gifted Children

If they take door number two, I am going to seriously question the decision making abilities of those involved. 

7 hours ago, Dani said:

The original rumor claimed that the Ahsoka series was going to be set after Rebels. That makes a lot more sense and couldn’t include Baby Yoda

We don't know when Sabine and Ahsoka went searching for Ezra. It's after that battle of Ender but, could be years after.

7 hours ago, paigow said:

The last episode of Rebels included a time jump to 1 year after Endor [Episode 6] when Ahsoka helped Sabine begin searching for Ezra.

How do we know it was 1 year? I don't remember that in the montage. Maybe I missed something.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

We don't know when Sabine and Ahsoka went searching for Ezra. It's after that battle of Ender but, could be years after.

True. Now that you mention it the finale scene of Rebels would work well in this timeline. 

53 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

How do we know it was 1 year? I don't remember that in the montage. Maybe I missed something.

A timeline has never been given. If anything it’s easier to argue that rebels ending covered a span of several years.  

On 11/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

The only show I know has been talked about officially was an Ahsoka/Sabine spinoff. It was supposed to take place after The Rebels finale when the two of them take off searching for Ezra.  As I understood it would be another animated show.

I agree. Plus, that guy lost me by repeatedly calling casual Star Wars fans “normies”. Nothing but clickbait. 

41 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm confused - why would an already established show need a working title anymore?  Seems silly.

Secrecy. The working titles are usually figured out but they can allow high profile projects to fly under the radar during production. 

There seems to be some uncertainty over whether or not Buccaneer is actually season 3 because the timing seems to be off. There is some speculation that it is actually a Boba Fett miniseries that may film before season 3 of Mando. Lucasfilms is being very secretive. 
The publication that tracks what is in production has apparently listed both shows with the w/t of Buccaneer at different points. 

11 hours ago, Dani said:

Secrecy. The working titles are usually figured out but they can allow high profile projects to fly under the radar during production. 

There seems to be some uncertainty over whether or not Buccaneer is actually season 3 because the timing seems to be off. There is some speculation that it is actually a Boba Fett miniseries that may film before season 3 of Mando. Lucasfilms is being very secretive. 
The publication that tracks what is in production has apparently listed both shows with the w/t of Buccaneer at different points. 

I know they try to be as secretive as possible.  I don't really believe any of the rumors until they actually happen or are confirmed by a director or actor...  Look how well they hid Grogu before the show aired. 😉

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I know they try to be as secretive as possible.  I don't really believe any of the rumors until they actually happen or are confirmed by a director or actor

Jennifer Lawrence does not know the actual second title of her X-Men films because of this practice. She remembers Days Of Future Past as Age Of Innocence

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I know they try to be as secretive as possible.  I don't really believe any of the rumors until they actually happen or are confirmed by a director or actor...  Look how well they hid Grogu before the show aired. 😉

I generally feel the same way and think most rumors are crap. The sources on a Star Wars project with the working title of Buccaneer comes from industry sources (Production Weekly) that is extremely reliable. The report that there is a possible Boba Fett miniseries comes from Deadline. It could be a smokescreen but they definitely have something very high profile about it start filming. 
The Mandalorian’ Eyes Production Start As Spinoff, Casting & Boba Fett Buzz Heats Up

3 hours ago, Dani said:

I generally feel the same way and think most rumors are crap. The sources on a Star Wars project with the working title of Buccaneer comes from industry sources (Production Weekly) that is extremely reliable. The report that there is a possible Boba Fett miniseries comes from Deadline. It could be a smokescreen but they definitely have something very high profile about it start filming. 
The Mandalorian’ Eyes Production Start As Spinoff, Casting & Boba Fett Buzz Heats Up

What do you make of the fact that Grace Randolph still maintains that Pedro Pascal is out as Mando?  It worries me that she just won't let go of this. Couple this with all the indications that they are about to film that Boba Fett thing and not the third season of Mando.

Has Pedro Pascal finished filming the movie with Nicolas Cage yet?

Edited by magdalene
7 hours ago, magdalene said:

What do you make of the fact that Grace Randolph still maintains that Pedro Pascal is out as Mando?  It worries me that she just won't let go of this. Couple this with all the indications that they are about to film that Boba Fett thing and not the third season of Mando.

Has Pedro Pascal finished filming the movie with Nicolas Cage yet?

I don’t believe it for a second. She is as unreliable as they come. Multiple directors have called it out for being completely wrong with her info. Her story doesn’t even make sense to me. She uses the Entertainment Weekly story as evidence claiming the Favreau said that season 2 would focus on storylines that don’t involve Pedro Pascal but he never said that. In that same EW story revealed that Gina Carano said that Pedro agreed to remove the helmet in shots where he was off-camera to help her reactions. If he hated wearing the helmet why would she have to make that request at all and why would she make it sound like he was doing her a favor?

Season 3 of Mando is in pre-production. That’s been confirmed by Jon Favreau. The Obi-Wan series is also in pre-production. The only real question is if there is another top secret Star Wars series that is also in production. 

Edited by Guest

There was a rumor - and I think it was confirmed by Favreau, but I'm still skeptical to say anything is the "truth" - that they had to reshoot parts of the last half of this season because the story went in a different direction than planned (or something like that).  Does anyone think that maybe Ahsoka did originally take Grogu with her, but then they realized how horrible that would be so they changed their minds and kept him with Din?  Just a thought I had... I highly doubt it myself, but you never know.

• Love 1