Type keyword(s) to search

Spoil Me This, Mando: Spoilers for The Mandalorian

• Start Topic

This isn't a full-on 100% spoiler article as far as plot points or characters by any means, but it is spoiler-ish because of certain locations discussed and shown in photos for Season 2.  The writer of the article is guessing and speculating about some things too, but his photos and some of the tidbits are spoiler-ish -- so I will share the link HERE in the Spoiler thread just to be on the safe side!!

• Love 2

Hmm, I feel like maybe a lot of that stuff are just props being taken out of storage or put back. Doesn't necessarily mean they are using it to film for season 2. The burning trees is interesting. It doesn't look like Sorgan, and I hope it isn't! That would be super sad. And honestly wouldn't really make any sense, unless Moff is going after anyone that Mando has had contact with in the past. Like, I'm gonna keep killing innocent people until you hand over the baby.

• Love 2

This is not a huge spoiler, because we can pretty much figure this out anyway.  But Giancarlo Esposito appeared at the Winter TCA Press Tour event for Better Call Saul, and he dropped a couple of vaguely spoiler-ish hints about The Mandalorian and Moff Gideon's interest in Baby Yoda.  Again, these are not big spoilers because he can't say much, and we can already guess it anyway.  But he is giving "clues," as you can see, so I will link the article here in the Spoiler thread.

The Mandalorian Star Reveals 'Clue' On Why Moff Gideon Wants Baby Yoda

I also think it's funny that Giancarlo's daughters have told him he'd better not hurt Baby Yoda.

I saw elsewhere that The Mandalorian wraps up production on Season 2 within the next couple of weeks.  So that could possibly mean they will have a rough preview/trailer available for the Mandalorian panel at PaleyFest in March.  But I think that, more than likely, we will probably see a preview for Season 2 in July or August, because San Diego Comic-Con, the TCA Summer Press Tour and the annual Star Wars Celebration happen, one after another, over July and August, and there should be a Mandalorian presence for at least one of those events, if not all 3.

• Love 3

I love that Giancarlo is enamored of Baby Yoda too!! That just made me LOL. And that his daughters warned him not to hurt the baby LOL. 

I kind of hope they don't go the midichlorians route for what they want to harvest from Baby. I just never have been fond of that particular storyline. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Maren said:

I kind of hope they don't go the midichlorians route for what they want to harvest from Baby.

Unfortunately, like Thanos says:"I am inevitable."

It would be worse if Moff Gus needs some bio-MacGuffin that we have never heard of before...

Once again, there are no major, solid spoilers -- meaning things that we wouldn't have already guessed or known about anyway -- coming out about The Mandalorian, Season 2 at this point.  I've posted the info about the rumored directors (including Robert Rodriguez and James Mangold) and the rumored casting of Sasha Banks over in the Media thread.

But, once again, Giancarlo Esposito drops just enough little hints and clues to kind of make some of this vaguely spoiler-ish, because we didn't really know when or if it would happen for sure. 

Giancarlo appeared on a panel at last week's Fan Expo Vancouver 2020, and he was asked a lot of questions about The Mandalorian, as well as Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Once Upon a Time, Spike Lee, etc.  He even remembered playing Big Bird's camp counselor on Sesame Street!

Here is a video from Angelika Diana's YouTube Channel --

He talks about The Mandalorian (and interacting with the Baby Yoda puppets) on and off throughout the whole video.  He talks about touching the Baby's ears.  He talks about how it's impossible to not react to the puppet that is the most animated (there are stand-in puppets too).  You can't resist.  Essentially -- although we knew that Moff Gideon would go after Mando and the Child in Season 2, or that perhaps Mando would have to come in direct contact with Gideon again if Gideon gets hold of Greef and Cara -- we didn't know for sure that Gideon would get close enough to Baby Yoda to have scenes with him.

It sounds like Gideon and Baby are going to share some screen time -- I don't know if it's just one scene or multiple scenes, and Giancarlo does not indicate what the circumstances will be.  But if Gideon and Baby are in the same scene, it can't be for good reasons.

Giancarlo says that there is some epic light saber action in Season 2, and he's already broken 3 sabers.

Giancarlo does indicate that villains have a chance to be redeemed.  There is room to grow.  There's room for the dark to come to the light.

Bespin Bulletin also posted an excerpt of some of what Giancarlo was saying on this panel, but it's not the full transcript --

Edited by TVFan17

I just want to preface this by saying that this Overlord DVD video is (supposedly) not a spoiler for what will happen in Season 2.  This is a rumored spoiler for what Kathleen Kennedy supposedly wanted Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni to do, particularly with Baby Yoda and tying The Mandalorian into the Star Wars movies.

Apparently some of the Overlord DVD rumors turn out to be true every now and then. 

He also talks very briefly about the delay in the Obi-Wan series. 

Star Wars Mandalorian Rumors - Is Baby Yoda...Actually Yoda? (by Overlord DVD) --

I could be wrong, but I think Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni have indicated that Baby Yoda is NOT the original Yoda.  So Kathleen Kennedy might have wanted that to be the case, but I don't think it's the reality.  However, Favreau and Filoni have not denied that Baby Yoda could be related to Yoda or somehow connected to him, but I am pretty sure I read that they have said he is not Yoda (unless I am completely imagining reading that detail).

But Overlord DVD implies that Baby Yoda being the real Yoda would explain why he doesn't need any training. 

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.  And it sounds like Jon Favreau is standing his ground about what he wants The Mandalorian to be, despite what Kathleen Kennedy wants. 

However, I DO wonder if any of her 'suggestions' will somehow sneak into The Mandalorian anyway, because Favreau was pressured to add them in.  This sounds like one of those situations that could have some morsel of truth to it as far as what Kennedy wanted, and it's possible that she and Favreau might have ended up compromising on a detail or two and we wouldn't know about it until Season 2 premieres.

So that's why I put this video here in the Spoilers -- it's not that it IS a spoiler of what is happening in Season 2.  It's probably not.  But it's a rumor about what Kathleen Kennedy supposedly wanted or wants for Season 2 -- and therefore it is possible that some of what happens in Season 2 could be due to her ideas, suggestions or influence.  Favreau might have won most of the battle, but it is likely that Kennedy did not walk away without some sort of compromise, however minor.

• Love 1

TVFan17 posted a link in the media thread that rumors they may be hinting in season 2 that the Mandalorian himself may be force sensitive without being aware of it.

If true, and that's a big if, I don't think I like that. What I like about this show is that its main character is sort of a regular guy in many ways.  We already have a highly force sensitive child and other force sensitive characters most likely coming on the show. Not everybody needs and should be force sensitive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
49 minutes ago, magdalene said:

TVFan17 posted a link in the media thread that rumors they may be hinting in season 2 that the Mandalorian himself may be force sensitive without being aware of it.

If true, and that's a big if, I don't think I like that. What I like about this show is that its main character is sort of a regular guy in many ways.  We already have a highly force sensitive child and other force sensitive characters most likely coming on the show. Not everybody needs and should be force sensitive.

I was trying to decide if there were any advantages to that twist in the story. 

Well, first I was trying to figure out how none of the other media outlets or Star Wars news sites/channels picked up on that major detail.  What usually happens is that someone reports something, and then all of the other places/sites/channels that report on Star Wars news pick up on it and then write their own articles.  So we can end up with 20 different articles all reporting the same thing, cascading down the Twitter feed!  lol  But in this case, since the article that mentions Mando possibly being Force-sensitive apparently came out 3 weeks ago, I can't believe that no one saw it and wrote their own article.  Then again, I didn't see it either until today.  It really flew under the radar.

I tend to think it's not true at all.  How would Mando go his whole life and not realize that he had some sort of power, even if he didn't know what it was?  He'd have to detect something, wouldn't he?   I think that if it were credible at all, one of the other sites/channels would have jumped on it right away.

IF this were true -- and as you said, it's a big IF -- I wonder if someone else who appears in Season 2 somehow picks up on Mando being Force-sensitive and tells him about it.   For example, maybe Ahsoka will pick up on it, or maybe somehow the Original Yoda appears as a Force ghost to tell Mando to take care of The Child, and then he tells Mando that he has the Force within him.  Or can someone pass on their Force powers to Mando?  Maybe Ahsoka will train Mando and The Child at the same time?  (I'm just running scenarios around to somehow figure out how it could make sense for Mando to suddenly find out he has powers when he didn't know it before!  lol)

I guess the one good thing about it is that it could mean that Ahsoka (or someone else) teaches Mando how to harness and use his abilities, which he can then help Baby Yoda with.  In other words, maybe Baby Yoda would not have to leave with Ahsoka or be dropped off with "his own kind" if Daddy Mando has powers too?  They can stay together as a Force-wielding, father-son duo!  lol

But yes, I agree that it's nice that Mando is a regular guy in many ways, and not a "sorcerer," as he calls the Jedi.  lol   Not everyone has to have powers.  But if it comes down to a matter of Mando being Force-sensitive and keeping The Child with him, or Mando not being Force-sensitive and leaving The Child with someone else, then I'd have to say..... May the Force be with you, Mando!!  lol  Just keep space daddy and his little green child together!

Here is the link to the one article that seems to mention Mando possibly being Force-sensitive, for anyone who didn't see it --

"The Mandalorian Season 2 Will Reportedly Hint That [SPOILERS] Is Force-Sensitive"

Excerpt...

One thing The Mandalorian has tended to purposefully avoid so far though are overt references to the Jedi, but we’ve now heard from our sources – the same ones who told us Ahsoka would be in season 2 way back in December – that the title hero himself may turn out to be Force-sensitive when the Disney Plus series returns to our screens. Apparently, Ahsoka will teach Mando about the ways of the Force and it’ll be hinted that he’s Force-sensitive, similar to what we saw with Finn in the Sequel Trilogy, before it’s outright confirmed in future seasons.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm thinking... this list has got to be bogus, right?  

I am not posting this in the Media thread, even though it lists off some of the characters we already know are supposed to be appearing in Season 2 of The Mandalorian.  It also lists other characters, and there have not been any articles about them yet.  When there are actual articles reporting on them being on the show, then I will post those in the Media thread.  For now, these are spoilers -- probably bogus spoilers, though!

I know that Pedro Pascal said that Season 2 would be "Star Wars on steroids" or some such thing, and this list would fit that description -- but this list seems like TOO much of a spoiler.  It's got to be fake.  Maybe?  lol

Anyway, Pilot Ace tweeted a list of what appears to be Mandalorian Season 2-related Funko Pop figures, from what I can tell.  I am assuming that's what the "Pop" next to each one refers to.

In case the tweet vanishes, the list of Mandalorian Pop figures shown above (whether true or not) is this:

Hondo Ohnaka

Ahsoka Tano

Fenn Rau

Sabine Wren

Commander Wolffe

Commander Rex

Jaken Roff

Senan Goil

The Sorcerer of Lakora

New Republic Soldier

New Republic Pilot

Nala Se

Bo-Katan Kryze

Mon Mothma

ULF

Imperial Riot Trooper

General Tarfful

Kos Deshan

Boba Fett

Cobb Vanth

Ezra Bridger

Thrawn

General Cody Chiss Armor Variant

General Cody Clone Trooper Armor Variant

Hmm... I don't quite know what to think about it.  But this is a spoiler thread, so I am posting it here anyway.    Could some of these characters be appearing in Season 3, perhaps?  Maybe they filmed scenes that will be saved for S3?

And why are there no Mayfeld or Fennec Shand figures?  Were there figures for them in the Season 1 batch?

Now, if you recall, in the Media thread a while back I posted a list of the supposed/rumored episode titles for Season 2.  One of those titles was "The Sorcerer." 

Here is the article about the title list, from April --

"The Mandalorian Season 2 Episode Titles Revealed"

And here are rumored titles:

Chapter One: The Search

Chapter Two: The Confrontation

Chapter Three: The Bounty

Chapter Four: The Republic

Chapter Five: The Loyalist

Chapter Six: The Sorcerer

Chapter Seven: The Return

Chapter Eight: The Empire.

I didn't fully believe that title list either.  But it IS interesting that the list of titles has a Sorcerer in it, and that one of the supposed Pop figures is a Sorcerer.

Also, a post from this account "Mandalorian Information" just randomly appeared on my news feed today, lumped in with other Mando tweets, and he/she seems to be dropping bits of info in the tweets -- some of which would be spoilers if they are true.  He/she says he/she worked on both Season 1 and Season 2 --

I typed up the tidbits from the tweets, to make it easier to find them.  Mandalorian Information says this:

1) He/she worked on Seasons 1 & 2 of Mando, and Season 2 was a "rather unpleasant experience."

2) There are lots of fake casting rumors, and the only ones that are true are Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Biehn and Rosario Dawson. Everything else is fake.

3) The episode title leak [which I posted above] is false.  The titles do not match up with the plots, with the possible exceptions of Chapters 2, 3 & 8.

4) Baby Yoda is twice as cute in Season 2.

5) Someone asked if an image of Ahsoka holding Baby Yoda is going to happen.  Mandalorian Information said "Sort of I guess."

6) We can expect some cool visual effects for Season 2 -- like Season 1 times 10.

7) We'll see Paz Vizla [played by Jon Favreau] again in Season 2.

8 ) Baby Yoda learns to levitate himself.  He uses the Force more frequently, although there are bumps along the way.

9) Moff Gideon slices/chops up an X-wing.  He also kills some people "Rogue One Vader style."   Gideon has a very brief, 10-second scuffle with Ahsoka.  Gideon also deflects blaster fire and cuts up some things.

10) Mando returns to Tatooine.

11) The Razor Crest "sees a LOT more space action."

12) Season 2 does not tie into "The Rise of Skywalker," and Kathleen Kennedy is "NOT ruining it."

13) Season 2 will have 8 episodes, just like Season 1 did.  Chapter 8 is almost one hour long.

14) Expect the Mandalorian Season 2 trailer to drop at Star Wars Celebration in August, and probably no sooner than that.  However, Celebration might possibly switch to a virtual format, or just get delayed to another date.

15)  There is a rumor that Boba Fett dies and that Sabine takes his place in the armor.  It is absolutely false. 

16) Boba Fett is not being played by Temuera Morrison.  Boba will be seen in a brief non-speaking cameo at the end of an episode.

17) The list of Mandalorian Pop figures (shown above) is apparently not valid.  Half the names are made up.

18) Cara Dune has a fairly large role in Season 2.

19) Ahsoka fans will not be disappointed.

20) There are more original and prequel trilogy creatures in Season 2 as well.

It will be interesting to see how many -- if any -- of these bits of info, titles, tidbits, etc., actually pan out.  I know that things can change and evolve between the end of filming and when the show finally airs.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

I was rather pleased with Timothy Olyphant playing this character "Cobb Vant".  So I hope that is not fake casting info.

I can easily believe that itty bitty Baby Yoda learns to levitate himself. After all he was levitating that big mud horn in season 1.  And I always expected him to levitate the little ball thingie.

I will be the first to admit that I am no Star Wars expert so a lot of these names mean nothing to me.  I came to this show originally because I thought "oh, Pedro Pascal, he is always interesting" and only became super invested in the show and this universe when I went gaga over the baby.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, magdalene said:

I was rather pleased with Timothy Olyphant playing this character "Cobb Vant".  So I hope that is not fake casting info.

I can easily believe that itty bitty Baby Yoda learns to levitate himself. After all he was levitating that big mud horn in season 1.  And I always expected him to levitate the little ball thingie.

I will be the first to admit that I am no Star Wars expert so a lot of these names mean nothing to me.  I came to this show originally because I thought "oh, Pedro Pascal, he is always interesting" and only became super invested in the show and this universe when I went gaga over the baby.

I am certainly no Star Wars expert either!! lol  I honestly had no clue who some of the names on that supposed list of Funko Pop figures were!  lol  I assumed they must be totally new characters and places (like, for example, where is Lakora?  Has that been mentioned before anywhere?), or that they were obscure characters/places pulled from lesser-known regions of Star Wars content that I would be unaware of.  Or maybe they are just random Clone Wars/Rebels characters that I wouldn't know because I didn't follow those series regularly.  lol  But... maybe they won't turn out to actually be on the show anyway -- at least not in this season! 

Edited by TVFan17
2 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

like, for example, where is Lakora?  Has that been mentioned before anywhere? 

Never mentioned in any movie / series to date.

• Love 1
(edited)

I tend to avoid checking reddit for info and spoilers because I just don't like the look of that site, or the layout.  For some reason, it bothers me whenever I try to look for anything on any subject I am interested in!  lol

But... tonight I ventured over to reddit, and stumbled upon some very detailed *supposed* spoilers for Season 2.  They've been there before tonight, but I am just now seeing them for the first time. 

Needless to say, take all spoilers with a grain of salt unless the source is known to be accurate.   Some of these details line up with other details that have come out, but that might not mean anything.  Who knows?

Also, I should point out that IF these spoilers turn out to be true, there are a LOT of details to chew on here.  You might not want to read them, just in case they are accurate and you want to remain surprised.  (If they are not accurate, then they were at least an entertaining read!) 

If these supposed spoilers are true, I can tell I am going to be very annoyed/angry with a couple of scenes.  But I think I will be cheering loudly in another couple of scenes. 

This thread is titled "Spoilers for season 2 episodes 1-4."  Right under the post about Episodes 1-4, MandoLEAKER continues on with the details of episodes 5-7.  He can't post the info about episode 8, though, because a lot of things happen and it's too long to post (reddit won't accept it).  So after you read the rundown of episodes 1-4, just scroll on to the rundown of episodes 5-7.  I guess the info about #8 will have to come at another time.  The thread can be found here -- https://www.reddit.com/r/Mandalorianleaks/comments/gw62cm/spoilers_for_season_2_episodes_14/

This post is titled "Details about the mandalorian season 2 from a leaker."  It can be found here, and it includes some interesting details that were not mentioned in the above-linked thread -- https://www.reddit.com/r/Mandalorianleaks/comments/gr45oh/details_about_the_mandalorian_season_2_from_a/

Read those spoilers at your own risk!  They might end up being true (or at least certain parts of them could be)! 

(Let me just add that if the rumored scene featuring Moff Gideon and Baby Yoda -- which Giancarlo Esposito teased early this year -- plays out in the way the leak describes it to play out... wow!)

And today, on reddit, someone linked a new rumored list of Season 2 titles, posted on the 4chan site (though supposedly 4chan does not have a great track record for being accurate?).  I think the previously leaked, rumored title list seemed more believable than this one, but who knows?  This is the latest one -- https://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/134925402#p134925509 

Chapter 9. The Depths

10. Wasteland

11. The Reward

12. The Warrior

13. Exile

14. The Purge

15. Revenge

16. War

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

I don't like these spoilers at all.  I especially don't like going for entire episodes without the baby and the baby being tortured.  If this is true they have lost their mind.  Who do they think their audience is?  Personally I do not want to watch the baby get tortured and mistreated.

There was a shit storm in the first season when those storm troopers slapped Baby Yoda around.  I am going to make a wild guess that these season 2 spoilers, if true, wouldn't be going over well.

The one part I liked is what the baby supposedly does to Moff Gideon.

And the Rosario Dawson episode sounds lame.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I don't like these spoilers at all.  I especially don't like going for entire episodes without the baby and the baby being tortured.  If this is true they have lost their mind.  Who do they think their audience is?  Personally I do not want to watch the baby get tortured and mistreated.

There was a shit storm in the first season when those storm troopers slapped Baby Yoda around.  I am going to make a wild guess that these season 2 spoilers, if true, wouldn't be going over well.

The one part I liked is what the baby supposedly does to Moff Gideon.

And the Rosario Dawson episode sounds lame.

The bit about Gideon and Baby Yoda -- if true -- sounds fantastic.  I would probably be standing up and cheering if that happened.  It was not made clear in the supposed spoilers, but I hope that Daddy Mando is nearby, so he can see his tiny son kicking some Moff butt.

But I wholeheartedly agree -- it will make me so angry if the Child is being mistreated or harmed again.  That was the one part I detested about Chapter 8 of Season 1 -- an otherwise amazing episode.  I did not find it funny at all that the Child was being punched.  Those troopers could not die soon enough.

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay, so previously I shared links to a thread on Reddit with supposed spoilers for Episodes #1 through #7 of Season 2, and I also shared a link to a totally different post on Reddit with just general overall spoiler leaks for all of Season 2. 

The person who posted the spoilers for Episodes #1 - #7 finally came back to Reddit and posted the spoilers for Episode #8 of Season 2.  He/she must have shortened them because the original post for #8 was supposedly too long by Reddit's standards.  So this is probably the condensed version.

I have not read these latest spoilers yet.  I am about to read them now.  (I had other comments I was going to make here about the first sets of spoilers, but now that I see this latest post I might have more to say.)  Here is the link -- https://www.reddit.com/r/Mandalorianleaks/comments/h943iy/leaks_for_episode_8_of_the_mandalorian_season_2/

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
(edited)

Some random commentary on the spoilers/leaks we have already seen or heard about...

Although we can assume -- from comments made by sources such as Bespin Bulletin and by Pedro Pascal himself, in his interview with Ken and Joel for the Darkest Timeline -- that we will probably see Mando's face more often in Season 2, I found it interesting that nothing was mentioned about Mando's helmet coming off in those detailed Reddit spoilers that I linked last week, and also below.   You'd think that would be a big thing to mention in the spoilers, but I don't recall seeing anything about Mando's face being revealed again.

I recently saw an additional comment that Bespin Bulletin made on some Reddit page or another, adding that he forgot to mention previously that Pedro Pascal apparently had some sort of contract negotiation before Season 2 started filming, which could account for the extra appearances by him -- on camera -- in Season 2.  He is being paid more to appear more, I guess.  It costs Disney more money to pay Pedro to appear more often on camera (along with the voice work he does) than to simply just pay the stunt and body doubles to wear the armor at all times.

So that would seem to imply that Disney really wanted to take things to the next level and begin to show Pedro more often -- maybe not all the time, but more than we saw of him in Season 1.  If they're willing to pay more for Mando's face to be seen more often, that must be what they prefer.  They don't want to keep Mando hidden in the helmet at all times -- just a lot of the time!

Another thing to consider is that Brendan Wayne not only had to be absent from a chunk of the filming of Season 2, but his hospital stay was apparently much longer than I thought it was.  Brendan's trainer or someone like that mentioned that Brendan's training was what allowed him to be able to put on the Mando uniform again after spending 40 days in the hospital!!??!!

There were other stunt guys who filled in while Brendan was out, but it's probably no coincidence that Mando's face will likely be shown more often during the season when Brendan Wayne was out for a lot of the production.  The question is, assuming that Brendan is back to normal for the filming of Season 3, will we go back to seeing Mando mostly hidden under a helmet and only seeing Pedro's face one time, or will Disney want to keep up the pattern  of showing his face even more often after Season 2??  I guess time will tell!

Also...

When I inquired and dug into trying to find out more details about Season 2, I was told that the majority of plot spoilers in these 2 Reddit posts (for Episodes 1-4 & Episodes 5-7, as well as Episode 8 ) are not legitimate in most cases:

Episodes 1-4 & 5-7 -- https://www.reddit.com/r/Mandalorianleaks/comments/gw62cm/spoilers_for_season_2_episodes_14/

Episode 8 -- https://www.reddit.com/r/Mandalorianleaks/comments/h943iy/leaks_for_episode_8_of_the_mandalorian_season_2/

However, I was also told that this other post with general details/spoilers about Season 2 actually gets a lot of points correct, although some of the info is off.  The last three things mentioned on this list seem to be completely wrong or just played out differently than how they are described.  (And Bill Burr is not supposed to be part of Season 2, so I'm not sure what the mercenaries' episode is about, but it might be totally bogus.)  Supposedly there is no Millennium Falcon in the season at all, and the ending scene mentioned is not correct...

General details about Season 2 -- https://www.reddit.com/r/Mandalorianleaks/comments/gr45oh/details_about_the_mandalorian_season_2_from_a/

I am also finding out that perfectly good scenes can sometimes get cut out of episodes, possibly because they don't flow with the story too well.  They could also get added back in somewhere.  Additionally, some scenes that were filmed but not included in Season 1 could potentially pop up somewhere in Season 2 or later.  There is also a possibility that some actors might not appear on camera in Season 2, but could have recorded little bits of voice work.

Apparently, the only new guest stars we can plan on seeing in Season 2 (of the ones that have been revealed) are Rosario Dawson, Michael Biehn and Jamie Lee Curtis.  That's what I was told.  Other reports of new guest stars are either untrue  or they could be assuming that those characters will appear in Season 2 when they actually might be lined up for Season 3.   I'm still unclear as to whether or not Temuera Morrison has a small cameo role in Season 2.

(Now that news has come out about the plan to keep at least 5 Star Wars live action series connected, with characters and stories intersecting, I guess it IS possible that some of the rumored guest stars could end up on other shows first, and not all on The Mandalorian at the same time, in the same season.)

I did ask about more specific things -- particular details I wanted to know about Season 2 -- but I did not ask for full rundowns of each episode, so there will still be some surprises.  Nothing I learned or asked about was all that shocking.  It's all pretty much what we could deduce or guess anyway.  Nothing outrageous and out of left field.  That said, I am not going to list off what I asked and found out, because if, for some reason, some of the scenes I found out about get removed or moved, or something gets edited down, it will just look like I found out and shared a bunch of bogus information!  lol  So it's easier to keep it to myself unless and until there are actual articles posted online about any of the details I learned, in which case I would link those articles over in the main Media thread.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
(edited)

Reddit strikes again.  As usual, keep the grains of salt handy.

I know there was an article earlier this year about The Mandalorian having a total of 5 seasons -- which has not been confirmed by Disney or by anyone involved in the series.

However, according to this rumored list, Mando appears to end with Season 3 -- which looks to be premiering in September 2021 -- because there is no sign of Seasons 4 or 5 on this list.  BUT there is a Mandalorian movie listed for December 2025.  Would they really end the series in late 2021 and then not premiere a Mando movie until 4 years later?  That's madness.

And if Mando does end next year, then I am even more angry with Celebration for not trying to have a virtual event this year.  Mando might be over by the time the next Celebration takes place in 2022!  lol

Here is the link with the supposed rundown of Star Wars projects through 2026 --

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

I don't really believe any of the reddit spoilers.  Most of them feel very fan fiction to me and a lot of them seem to contradict each other.

There were a few things which seemed plausible to me - like Baby Yoda levitating himself and speaking a first word for example.

But other than that most could be made up and/or leaked to throw us off the real plot.

I always keep in mind that we knew very little about the first season and they kept the big one, the existence of Baby Yoda,  a complete surprise and secret.

So why would there be so much leaking for the second season? When the same people are in charge of producing it. Nah, I don't buy most of this at all.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, magdalene said:

I don't really believe any of the reddit spoilers.  Most of them feel very fan fiction to me and a lot of them seem to contradict each other.

There were a few things which seemed plausible to me - like Baby Yoda levitating himself and speaking a first word for example.

But other than that most could be made up and/or leaked to throw us off the real plot.

I always keep in mind that we knew very little about the first season and they kept the big one, the existence of Baby Yoda,  a complete surprise and secret.

So why would there be so much leaking for the second season? When the same people are in charge of producing it. Nah, I don't buy most of this at all.

Yep.  As a general rule, nothing should ever be considered official or guaranteed until it comes from someone directly involved with The Mandalorian, or someone at Disney, someone at Lucasfilm, etc.

I think it was important to them to keep the Baby Yoda secret because that was a huge plot point in the show (the Child really changed the focus and direction of the series for a lot of people, compared to what they thought the focus was going to be), and Favreau/Filoni wanted the 'big reveal' to make a big impact.  It did.  They were right. 

But, at the same time, we can see that things are leaking out about Season 2 -- all of the spoiler sources (on or off of Reddit) agree that Ahsoka is in Season 2, and yet no one from Disney or Lucasfilm has confirmed it or announced it themselves.  Rosario Dawson has not even confirmed it.  They all would have confirmed it -- IF there were going to be a Star Wars Celebration this year.  But since that's not happening, we can probably believe that, in this specific case, all of the spoiler sources and news outlets are correct about Ahsoka.  So, the same team that kept Baby Yoda a secret did not keep Ahsoka a secret, which is interesting.

While I don't buy most of the Reddit 'episode rundown' spoilers right now -- and as I mentioned in a previous post, I was specifically told that almost everything mentioned in the rundowns for Episodes 1-8 was not accurate (as far as how the episodes played out), but that there were some correct things in the post with the general overall season leaks -- it's always interesting to see them when they start to pop up!

As a show gains more popularity and momentum, and people are craving info on new seasons and casting and all of that, we know that more spoilers start leaking out.  Most times, those spoilers are completely bogus or at least not entirely accurate.  A lot of them definitely seem like flat-out fan fiction.  But every now and then we'll discover a source of info that always delivers accurate, correct spoilers (for example, for years there was one particularly great source of spoilers for "The Walking Dead").

Oh, and then there were the many spoilers leading up to the series finale of "Breaking Bad" 7 years ago.  I remember reading detailed rundowns of how BB was going to end, most of which never happened on the show.   However, years later one of the creators of BB was talking about possible scenarios they had considered for the final season of BB, and some of what he mentioned was in one of the detailed spoilers I'd seen in 2013!! 

In other words, I guess that sometimes certain spoilers might come from something that was actually being considered/tossed around at one time, and later discarded -- there could be a kernel of truth there -- and some spoilers might be 100% accurate.  You just never know which ones will be the 'right' ones until the shows air, and there will be a lot of wrong ones along the way!!  lol

So the Mandalorian spoiler circuit might not have found its groove yet because it's still a young series, so it's hard to know who will end up being a good source of info and who won't be -- but sooner or later someone will come forward as a proven reliable source.

My main issue with the latest spoilers (about the Star Wars plans/titles for the next 6 years) is... I don't want The Mandalorian to end after Season 3, and then have to wait at least 4 years for a movie.  I'd rather skip a movie and just have a regular weekly series that lasts for 5 or 6 seasons.  Unless the cast, Favreau, Filoni, etc., do not want to sign on for a 4th and 5th season of Mando, then I don't know why they can't leave well enough alone and stick with a format that is working for them now.  Don't try to fix what is not broken, Disney and Lucasfilm.  That's how you get yourselves into trouble.  Leave well enough alone and just go with the weekly episodic series format that we enjoy for Mando!  Not everything has to be a giant, epic movie -- especially not 4 years after a weekly series ends.   I can understand if they insist on having Mando's world intersect with other Star Wars characters' worlds -- though that is not something I really need/want to see -- and throw Mando into someone else's movie, but it's not necessary to end a perfectly successful series prematurely just to make a Mando movie several years later. 

But..... now that I think of it..... I can't help but wonder if that Reddit list of Star Wars projects for the next 6 years was something intended to be revealed at Star Wars Celebration in August this year (before it got canceled).   That would actually make perfect sense.  There might have been a big presentation planned, with all of those titles appearing on a giant screen onstage -- much like how the slate of projects for Marvel, Pixar and Disney Plus have been revealed at other conventions in the past.  I don't like the fact that only 2 more seasons of The Mandalorian were on the list, but I would not be shocked if there is actually some truth to that planned schedule, just knowing that Celebration was supposed to happen this year and only got canceled this week.  Hmm...

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
(edited)

On Reddit, someone posted a link to these supposed, probably bogus, Mando Season 2 spoilers on 4chan -- https://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/136696052/mando-s2-stuff

Just in case that post disappears for any reason, this is the latest round of spoilers (which don't seem to match up with the previous spoilers):

• Greef Carga dies (sacrifice)

• The Armorer Dies (murdered by Moff Gideon)

• Mando gets a beskar robot leg

• Baby Yoda is revealed to not have a title, Mando names him (yes, HIM)

• Old Planets, mostly new ones

• Frank Oz cameo (voice)

• Mark Hamill cameo (voice)

• New funny alien character named Splurch

• Medical Droid returns

• Droid Factory appears

• A gangster gungan fights mando

• Sarlacc returns (not with Boba Fett)

• Bo-Katan appears at the very end

• More flashbacks

• Mando upgrades his armor again (in the colour orange)  

If any of that is true, I don't like that they keep killing off characters so early on.  And what happens to Mando's leg?  Does he lose a leg?  That's horrible.  And if Baby Yoda actually gets a name from Mando, then what IS it?  Conveniently, none of the spoilers ever tell us what Baby Yoda's name is, but they tell us about a funny alien named Splurch.

Anyway, take it all with a grain of salt, but spoilers and fake spoilers are always fun to read.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

Some of those look more plausible than the earlier batch.  Also, I seem to remember that website - 4chan- getting legit spoilers for some shows I watched in the past. I think genuine industry people would post there. I don't want Greef and the awesome armorer to be killed off but they have proven in the first season that they are totally willing to kill cool characters.

If Mando really gets orange armor - arrrgh! Bad taste, ha.

Mando losing a leg, well, he is in a dangerous profession and it may make good dramatic story.

Mando naming the baby - that's an easy guess even without having genuine spoilers.  He has had a name from the start and everybody close to and working on production has known it.  It makes sense that they would finally tell the audience the name during the second season. Maybe he'll name him "Tarre"  for "Tarre Visla" the one and only Mandalorian Jedi until Baby Yoda.  I don't believe they would give him a "cute" name, because the baby is already so very cute.  Dave Filoni is big on Star Wars history and pleasing the hard core Star Wars fans and I am sure they would love that name.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, magdalene said:

Some of those look more plausible than the earlier batch.  Also, I seem to remember that website - 4chan- getting legit spoilers for some shows I watched in the past. I think genuine industry people would post there. I don't want Greef and the awesome armorer to be killed off but they have proven in the first season that they are totally willing to kill cool characters.

If Mando really gets orange armor - arrrgh! Bad taste, ha.

Mando losing a leg, well, he is in a dangerous profession and it may make good dramatic story.

Mando naming the baby - that's an easy guess even without having genuine spoilers.  He has had a name from the start and everybody close to and working on production has known it.  It makes sense that they would finally tell the audience the name during the second season. Maybe he'll name him "Tarre"  for "Tarre Visla" the one and only Mandalorian Jedi until Baby Yoda.  I don't believe they would give him a "cute" name, because the baby is already so very cute.  Dave Filoni is big on Star Wars history and pleasing the hard core Star Wars fans and I am sure they would love that name.

The orange armor (supposed) spoiler was shocking!  lol  It doesn't seem like a fashion choice Mando would make for himself, but I guess it can't be helped for whatever reason.   Goodness...

If Mando loses a leg, that must be the episode Robert Rodriguez directed.  lol  I assumed that he would probably end up with the episode that is as violent as Disney will allow, in what is essentially a family show (more or less).  (Now that I've said I assume the violent episode will be Rodriguez's installment, just watch -- the most violent show will be the one directed by Bryce Dallas Howard or something!  🤣)

I did hear that Mando gets beat up pretty badly during the season -- but not killed -- so, IF that's true then I guess losing a leg would count as getting pretty beat up!

If I recall, Emily Swallow said that her Armorer character was originally supposed to die in the first season, but that plan changed.  So it's possible that Favreau and Filoni always planned for the Armorer to die before the series ended, but it was just a matter of changing when and how it would happen.

And since Carl Weathers or someone else from the show said that we'd learn a bit more about Greef Karga in Season 2, that sounds like it could lead into us getting to like Greef even more -- and then killing him off as soon as we do.  He wasn't supposed to be around past Episode 3 of Season 1, so at least he lasted longer than that.  That's a shame, though -- because he provides good comic relief.  I don't think we can ever fully trust Greef 100% -- he seems like he could be swayed to betray his friends with the right incentive -- but he is entertaining, even though slightly shady.  So IF he is dying, then is that the episode Carl Weathers is directing, I wonder? 

If any of these spoilers are accurate, it makes me wonder what the plan is for Season 3.  It kind of sounds as though Mando's allies are being picked off one by one.  Will Cara stick around in the Guild if Greef dies, or will she go off with Mando, or go off somewhere else?  I am thinking that the plan might be to take Mando and the Child off on other adventures in Season 3, where they meet all new allies and enemies in other parts of the galaxy.  Or the plan could be to have Mando and the Child go off with Bo-Katan on various adventures, while Cara does her own thing elsewhere.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
(edited)

Once again, I saw these spoilers linked on Reddit -- https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/hwhtqz/mandalorian_season_2_information/

In case the post disappears, the supposed spoilers are:

Baby Yoda’s species and origin are apparently revealed early on, in episode two or three

His name is also revealed

George Lucas was apparently consulted about this, and was even allowed to name the species

Cobb Vanth apparently has a past with Mando, and not a good one

Bo-Katan apparently has a lot of screen time

Boba Fett arrives later on

He betrays The Mandalorian at some point for his own gain

The season 2 logo is green

Baby Yoda has more screen time

The film ties in to “another show Lucasfilm is developing”

The Mandalorian saves Baby Yoda again, this time from his own people

The season ends on a cliffhanger with Ahsoka Tano showing up

There are more episodes than the previous season, he/ she did not specify how many

So this is directly conflicting with things we and I have already heard, like in regards to the number of episodes and several other details.  There were supposed to be only 8 episodes, with Chapter 8 being almost one hour.  Maybe they decided to split it into two parts?

I wonder which ones -- out of any of the spoilers we have seen so far, from any source -- are true!  lol

Out of everything we have heard and read, a few things have to be true, but they could just be good guesses.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

They have officially said we are getting 8 episodes.  I don't believe Lucas would ever agree to name the Yoda species. Mystique is a big reason why Yoda is so important in Star Wars. Favreau and Filoni strike me as too savvy to mess with that.

My guess is somebody is pulling these "spoilers" out of their err.....derriere because we have no real spoilers and we won't have any until the trailer drops.  Which hopefully will be sometimes in August.

• Love 2

Spoilery but not shocking info

Also returning for the second season will be stand-up comedian Bill Burr, reprising the character of former Imperial sharpshooter Mayfield. Gina Carano and Carl Weathers are also expected to return as Cara Dune and Greef Karga, respectively, two of The Mandalorian’s allies from the first season.

Interesting to see Mayfeld return; that could be fun.  Most of the other spoilers in the article have been talked about already but I didn't know that one.

I'm a little disappointed to not see Deborah Chow's name on the list of returning directors; she did an outstanding job with the action in both The Sin and The Reckoning. 

• Love 2
On 8/12/2020 at 5:03 PM, raven said:

Spoilery but not shocking info

Interesting to see Mayfeld return; that could be fun.  Most of the other spoilers in the article have been talked about already but I didn't know that one.

I'm a little disappointed to not see Deborah Chow's name on the list of returning directors; she did an outstanding job with the action in both The Sin and The Reckoning. 

I wish Deborah were returning as a director too.  Her episodes included great action scenes, but also tapped into a more emotional side of the series, between Mando making the choice to save the Child from the Client despite the trouble it would bring to his life, and then Kuiil in Chapter 7.  I would bet that if Deborah had known in advance that the Kenobi series she is supposed to direct would be downsized and delayed repeatedly, along with the script being rewritten, she would have signed on to direct at least one Mando episode in Season 2 since nothing was happening with Kenobi yet.

A lot of things I posted over in the Media thread -- that might be why you didn't see the Mayfeld detail.  Because there were actual articles put out that mentioned him, as well as other appearances, it was hard for anyone to avoid them because those articles were on social media.  So once those articles were on social media, I just posted them in the Media thread.  I was even keeping a running list of all the confirmed and rumored cast, guest stars, directors, etc. -- because the info seemed to be coming out regularly for a while.... and then it stopped.  lol  It would have been hard for anyone to avoid it once it was circulating on Twitter and Instagram and on YouTube channels.

So the Mayfeld info is in the Media thread somewhere, along with Ming-Na Wen, Sasha Banks, Timothy Olyphant, Katee Sackhoff, Michael Biehn, Jamie Lee Curtis, Sam Hargrave, etc.

BUT... and take this for what it's worth... I should mention that one particular source of supposed spoilers -- who has since vanished and I'm not sure if what I was told by them is accurate -- told me that several of the rumored guest stars are not on the show in Season 2.  Mayfeld/Bill Burr was one of the ones that I was told is supposedly not returning in Season 2.  Then again, I was also told that Bryce Dallas Howard was not coming back to direct in Season 2, and yet... she confirmed that she is back as a director.

I was told that, out of all the rumored guest stars in Season 2, the confirmed ones who are definitely appearing are Michael Biehn, Jamie Lee Curtis, Rosario Dawson and Temuera Morrison.  (That is odd, because Jamie Lee Curtis was the one who was the least likely to be in this season.)  There is a question as to whether or not Ming-Na Wen is back in Season 2 because she supposedly did not show up to film any new scenes, BUT she filmed several extra scenes when she was working on Season 1, and some of those extra scenes that were not used might be used in Season 2.  

Again, I'm not sure if any of that's true at all -- it's just what I was told.  At this point, we have not established a reliable, consistent spoiler source yet since the show has not been in existence long enough for us to see if any of the spoilers turn out to be accurate!

I asked about Katee Sackhoff and was told she is not in Season 2 -- BUT Katee avoids answering whenever anyone asks her if she is in Season 2, so I tend to think that she was involved in some way (maybe even just lending her voice somehow), OR that she might be involved in Season 3.  She could have met with Favreau and Filoni about appearing in Season 3, perhaps.  I just tend to think that, based on how she avoids answering when asked about it, she will pop up on the show at some point.  Maybe not in Season 2, but sooner or later.

This has not been rumored at all, but just as a pure guess, I would not be shocked if there are a couple of surprise cameo appearances in Season 2 -- maybe more comedians in disguise as there were in Season 1; maybe Mark Hamill lending his voice to the droid on Tatooine again... or maybe someone unexpected.  For example, Robert Rodriguez has worked with certain actors a lot in his movies, and I would not at all be shocked if he recruited a couple of his famous friends and actors from his movies to make cameo appearances in the episode that he directed in Season 2.   That means we could, hypothetically, see a random surprise appearance by Danny Trejo, or Salma Hayek, or someone from Robert's stable of talent.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

Okay, this guy -- Doomcock, as he likes to call himself, from the Overlord DVD YouTube channel -- often anonymously drops supposed spoilers and rumors about Star Wars-related things.  I have not paid enough attention to how many things have turned out to be bogus and how many have been accurate.  I guess I just sort of assume most are bogus until they turn out to not be bogus, or until actual credible sources of info also share the same news and rumors that Doomcock shares.  But I know that a lot of his peers in the spoiler/rumor realm don't take anything he says seriously.

I would take everything with a grain of salt right now.  Bob Chapek (Disney's CEO) didn't even mention Season 3 of Mando in his recent quarterly earnings call, let alone a Season 4, so I don't know if Doomcock can be expected to have confirmation of a Season 4 or anything else at this point.

Keeping that it mind, we'll call this a 'just for kicks' rumor/spoiler about the production of Season 3 (and 4!).  This is not a spoiler about story lines or characters -- just a spoiler about a supposed Season 4, and the details of how the production may work:

In case you don't want to watch the whole video (because it takes him a while to get to the part about Seasons 3 & 4 (which he keeps accidentally referring to as Seasons 2 & 3), here are the highlights:

1.   Disney is moving production of The Mandalorian to an abandoned Air Force base (location is unknown, as the source did not disclose it), where some of the scenes for The Rise of Skywalker were filmed.

2.  The move to the Air Force base is allegedly happening in phases, and the first phase of the move was scheduled to commence on August 1st.

3.  The radical thing about this planned phased relocation is how it is going to be implemented.  Apparently everyone associated with the production will be living on the AF base for the duration of their involvement with the production.  The cast and crew will be tested for COVID-19 when they arrive, and they will be quarantined for a period of time on location, before they can join the production.

4.  After that, they will be screened daily for COVID-19 as a precaution.  No one but cast and crew will be allowed to enter or leave the compound, which will have WiFi, shops and other recreational activities.  Of course, food will be provided.

5.  To maximize efficiency and minimize risk to personnel, the source told Doomcock that Seasons 3 & 4 will be shot concurrently (even though DC keeps saying "2 & 3" by mistake)!!   This is interesting because it means they would all essentially be living in a bubble for months, supposedly shooting 2 seasons of the series.  This is a plan that other networks could ultimately end up using to get their own series back on the air.

6.  Rumors are that Kathleen Kennedy is no longer a factor at Lucasfilm.

7.   There are a number of new directors coming aboard for Seasons 3 & 4, and they are being schooled on how to make Star Wars -- by George Lucas -- to guarantee a consistency of standards with Star Wars moving forward, making sure Star Wars feels like Star Wars, and also because there is an expectation that these directors will be working on the multiple spin-off series planned for future production.

Interesting stuff!  Most of it is probably bogus, but it's interesting!  If they ARE moving the production to an AF base in phases and trying to film 2 seasons at the same time, I can see how Season 3 might be delayed and not on the air in 2021.  If they're only shooting Season 3, it's possible it might not be delayed.  We'll see.  It seems like Disney is trying to focus on Marvel as the next round of new series coming up, so they might not be expecting anymore seasons of Mando until 2022.  Who knows?

• Useful 1

Has everyone seen the latest rumor/leak on Reddit?  I think the Reddit mods might have removed the original post where it was mentioned -- I'm not sure about that -- but the gist of it was that, in Season 2, The Child's name will be revealed to be........

Grogu

(Is that his actual name, or possibly the name of the Yoda species in general?)

Now, IF true, I don't know if that's the name Moff Gideon reveals when he is explaining why The Child is so important to him, or if it's something Din names him.  Grogu Djarin doesn't have an easy flow to it.   Maybe, when Mando/Din goes poking around the galaxy for into on The Child's "own kind" and runs into Ahsoka, she will suddenly say "Oh look!  It's Grogu!  I've heard about you!" lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Without knowing who leaked it how do we know whether this leak has any credibility?

My first reaction - I am underwhelmed.  But it may be bogus anyway.  Now if this name leak came from an association with a toy company or a fast food chain involved with Mandalorian promotion it could be legit.

It sounds "alien" enough but I would prefer him to have a name that has relevance to Star Wars - like "Tarre" -  or for the Mandalorian to name him after family or something.

At this point after all the waiting and secrets I figure we are bound to be disappointed with the name.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, magdalene said:

Without knowing who leaked it how do we know whether this leak has any credibility?

My first reaction - I am underwhelmed.  But it may be bogus anyway.  Now if this name leak came from an association with a toy company or a fast food chain involved with Mandalorian promotion it could be legit.

It sounds "alien" enough but I would prefer him to have a name that has relevance to Star Wars - like "Tarre" -  or for the Mandalorian to name him after family or something.

At this point after all the waiting and secrets I figure we are bound to be disappointed with the name.

I keep wondering if it's actually the name of the species instead of the Child's specific name.  But I suppose it is possible that he was given a name by whoever was keeping him before Mando found him -- and Gideon conveniently knows the name, revealing it to Mando, at which point Mando changes it to Yin or Kuiil or something with one syllable!  lol

It's most likely another bogus leak.  That's what I'm expecting.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

Somehow I doubt they are going to reveal the name of Yoda's species, his home planet, etc.  George Lucas always wanted to keep Yoda mysterious.  I find it hard to believe Dave Filoni of all people would go against the wishes of his mentor.   When the Armorer said to find baby's  people she may have meant other Jedi, not the child's actual species?

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, magdalene said:

Somehow I doubt they are going to reveal the name of Yoda's species, his home planet, etc.  George Lucas always wanted to keep Yoda mysterious.  I find it hard to believe Dave Filoni of all people would go against the wishes of his mentor.   When the Armorer said to find baby's  people she may have meant other Jedi, not the child's actual species?

The Armorer was talking about finding the enemy sorcerers (Jedi and/or other Force-sensitive beings), more than likely.  That wasn't in question.  I didn't really think that Din was going to find the Child's planet or other little Yodas -- especially not right away, in the second season.

I'm just talking about the name itself, and wondering if someone might eventually reveal it (or something else) to be a species name.  George was on the set, and Dave consulted with him repeatedly, and we don't know what exactly is going to be covered in Season 2 -- so we don't know what was agreed upon or decided on between them.  No one said anything about Dave going against the wishes of his mentor.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

Another round of leaks/spoilers from Reddit (some of which are already bogus) -- https://www.reddit.com/r/Mandalorianleaks/comments/inxy0k/leak_from_a_reliable_source/

In case the post disappears, the leaks are:

Takes place a year after season 1

7 planets/ locations in the season, 4 are new, 3 are old

The old planets are Nevarro, Tatooine, and Mandalore

Returning characters from other shows include Ahsoka, Rex, Bo Katan, Cobb Vanth, Bossk, Dengar, a Porg (super brief appearance) and Chewbacca. Many of these characters are in one episode.

Apparently, Boba Fett is not in the season

Baby Yoda talks a little (voiced by Frank Oz himself)

Moff Gideon kills the Armorer

Lightsaber fights with the darksaber

Darksaber is used to murder a ton of Republic soldiers

Absoka also kills some people

Jabba’s palace is shown

Jawas and Sand People return

Luke is mentioned

There is a trash compactor scene

Baby Yoda is named

More episodes than last season

Lucas is given a producer’s credit in the finale

Season ends on a cliffhanger

No solid day planned for trailer, may not even be released

And that’s all I know! If you are skeptical about this, ask u/JediPaxis, MSW, or any other reliable leaker about this and they should confirm that it is true.

I highly doubt they will skip a trailer. 

It's already been confirmed that there are 8 episodes, so the "more episodes than last season" mentioned above is bogus.  Also, Season 2 is supposed to be picking up where Season 1 left off, so I don't think a year has passed right when Season 2 starts -- although they may jump ahead one year sometime during the course of the first episode or further into the season.

Also, as for previous spoilers/leaks that came out a while ago...

FALSE: One leak was that the new Mandalorian logo was green, so that turned out to be bogus because we can all see it's not green.  AND...

TRUE:  Another leak indicated that Carl Weathers/Greef Karga would have a new outfit in Season 2.  According to the photos published in Entertainment Weekly today, he DOES have new clothes!

Gina Carano also said in EW that some of the rumored guest stars are true and some are "not sure" (which is more or less what I was told a while ago).  She did not indicate which ones are not sure or true.  I was told that sometimes bogus names are thrown out there intentionally, just to generate hype and buzz (but I don't know if that's true).

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
On 9/8/2020 at 10:47 AM, TVFan17 said:

Another round of leaks/spoilers from Reddit (some of which are already bogus) -- https://www.reddit.com/r/Mandalorianleaks/comments/inxy0k/leak_from_a_reliable_source/

In case the post disappears, the leaks are:

I highly doubt they will skip a trailer. 

It's already been confirmed that there are 8 episodes, so the "more episodes than last season" mentioned above is bogus.  Also, Season 2 is supposed to be picking up where Season 1 left off, so I don't think a year has passed right when Season 2 starts -- although they may jump ahead one year sometime during the course of the first episode or further into the season.

Also, as for previous spoilers/leaks that came out a while ago...

FALSE: One leak was that the new Mandalorian logo was green, so that turned out to be bogus because we can all see it's not green.  AND...

TRUE:  Another leak indicated that Carl Weathers/Greef Karga would have a new outfit in Season 2.  According to the photos published in Entertainment Weekly today, he DOES have new clothes!

Gina Carano also said in EW that some of the rumored guest stars are true and some are "not sure" (which is more or less what I was told a while ago).  She did not indicate which ones are not sure or true.  I was told that sometimes bogus names are thrown out there intentionally, just to generate hype and buzz (but I don't know if that's true).

Makes you wonder whether some of these are just fan wishes disguised as spoilers....

Like the Frank Oz thing - wouldn't he be retired by now?

I hope the Cobb Vanth thing is true because he sounds like a really interesting character and perfect casting for him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, magdalene said:

That was a great trailer but I didn't get to enjoy it for long. I don't know what to believe here but Randolph comes straight out to claim that Pedro Pascal had a falling out with the producers half way through filming season 2 and so the Mandalorian isn't in a lot of the 2nd season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYVUYtnzuwY

I saw this article last week (which came out after a different Grace Randolph video), and considered posting it in the Media thread or in this one, but didn't because it was just speculation based on Grace's vague, non-specific comments -- https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-powder-keg-pedro-pascal-mandalorian

I don't put much stock in what Grace says -- she has a bad track record and a lot of people don't take her seriously -- but I have to question why she wouldn't come right out and name Pedro one week ago, and yet now it's okay to mention him?  I feel like she wants attention -- she wants to get Pedro (or someone at Lucasfilm) to contact her directly to say "This is not true" or whatever.

However, I tend to think that whenever a rumor emerges, there is some sort of kernel of truth buried in it.  It might get blown way out of proportion or be completely exaggerated along the way, but it probably sprang from something that happened.

Pedro himself indicated that he did more in Season 2, so it makes little sense that he would be shown less in Season 2 than in Season 1 unless a bunch of scenes were cut out.

What we do know is that Jon Favreau has said that Season 2 is going to focus on some other characters and not just Mando in some episodes (which are already short to begin with) -- that implies that we will see less of Mando.  They'll find a way to keep Baby Yoda in each episode, but sometimes Mando won't be there.

And we know that Pedro is about to shoot a movie with Nicolas Cage -- they are in pre-production now, and then it starts filming next month.  IF Mando Season 3 were to film at its usual time in the Fall, either Pedro won't be in it for the first few months, or he won't be in it at all.  He won't be available to be on the set very often as he works on his movie, but he can still do voice work.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

Everything in that Randolph article sounds the exact opposite of anything Pedro would do. Of course, we can't really know a person, but I just can't see it happening the way she said. Someone on tumblr posted this: "I was also standing on the set of a MAJOR MOTION PICTURE FILM while she was lying about what was happening and she kept saying she had “an inside source”. But she didn’t. Do not listen to her. Do not follow her. Do not give her the attention she so desperately craves. All of us in the industry hate her and know she’s a fraud."

If Pedro isn't available to shoot, or doesn't like the costume, they could just use a body double again.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

Everything in that Randolph article sounds the exact opposite of anything Pedro would do. Of course, we can't really know a person, but I just can't see it happening the way she said. Someone on tumblr posted this: "I was also standing on the set of a MAJOR MOTION PICTURE FILM while she was lying about what was happening and she kept saying she had “an inside source”. But she didn’t. Do not listen to her. Do not follow her. Do not give her the attention she so desperately craves. All of us in the industry hate her and know she’s a fraud."

If Pedro isn't available to shoot, or doesn't like the costume, they could just use a body double again.

Yes, the whole thing puzzles me.  Obviously, I don't know the man.  But he has a rep as a team player not a diva. There has never been a whiff that he is difficult to work with.

I am really disgusted by that  whole gossip cottage industry.  It's so malicious.

• Love 2

Saw this on reddit: Temuera Morrison's CV on his talent agency website has been updated with the role of Boba Fett in The Mandalorian Season 2. So that's pretty much a confirmation that we'll be seeing Boba Fett! I'm hoping he and Mando will be adversaries at first, but then will team up for something. Or maybe if Mando and the baby still have a bounty on them, Boba will try to collect it, but then something happens that makes him change his mind. Either way, I hope he gets to wear his armor.

It's also interesting that for the Director, it just says Various. That could mean a few things, but it might mean he'll be in more than one episode.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 2

Thank you for addressing Grace Randolph's comments.  I came here to see if anyone had discussed them.  Clearly, I know nothing about Pedro Pascal, but I too do not think that he'd be a diva and storm off the set.  Everyone knew what the role was when they started - and he's even laughed about how he had the broken (or just cut and bruised?) nose when they removed the helmet in Season 1.  I can't see that he'd do a complete turnaround and demand that his face be seen all the time in Season 2.  

Otherwise, I'm not clicking on any links to read additional spoilers, but I think the name Grogu is kind of cute... 🙂 

30 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Thank you for addressing Grace Randolph's comments.  I came here to see if anyone had discussed them.

I hate how much it has snowballed, and how the rumors are being twisted into even bigger lies. It just all sounds like BS to me. Grace said she couldn't reveal the info earlier, because it would get her source in trouble. But if something happened with the main actor that affected filming, I'm pretty sure most people who work on the show would know about it. Otherwise, she's a shitty person for possibly getting the person in trouble by revealing the information, just to get video views.

Also, she said her source had to check to see what the current situation is. If her source was really that informed, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have to check (with another source?) to see what the current situation is. Anyway, I'm going to take all of Pedro's social media posts about the show as evidence that he will be back in Season 3. 😁

• Love 2
2 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Saw this on reddit: Temuera Morrison's CV on his talent agency website has been updated with the role of Boba Fett in The Mandalorian Season 2. So that's pretty much a confirmation that we'll be seeing Boba Fett! I'm hoping he and Mando will be adversaries at first, but then will team up for something. Or maybe if Mando and the baby still have a bounty on them, Boba will try to collect it, but then something happens that makes him change his mind. Either way, I hope he gets to wear his armor.

Is it possible that he could be appearing in flashbacks??? My doctor swears that he is dead.  Yes, we discuss The Mandalorian, lol.

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

, but I think the name Grogu is kind of cute... 🙂 

Sorry, I can't warm up to it.  Any name other than Baby Yoda is going to need to be very special, lol.

1 hour ago, Babalooie said:

Is it possible that he could be appearing in flashbacks??? My doctor swears that he is dead.  Yes, we discuss The Mandalorian, lol.

It’s possible, but then I think they would have gotten a younger actor to play him. Most Star Wars fans who have only watched the films think Boba died when he fell into the Sarlacc pit in Return of the Jedi, but it was never confirmed. He could have used his jet pack to escape. 😁 And I guess he appears later in some Star Wars comics.

• Love 1

Smiles.  Who is Timothy Olyphant's agency? I would like to have confirmation that he is appearing in the show.

Why would Pedro Pascal still be promoting the show if there were bad feelings between him and the show?

However, while I have no doubt that Randolph has maliciously twisted whatever occured - or not - I also wouldn't want to bet with a 100% certainty that Pascal will be in season 3.  But my doubts have nothing to do with any "diva like behavior" or any of the shit Randolph is stirring.

I just have been feeling for a while now  that they are hiding some huge twist, something so big that it will change everything. Something nobody has guessed. 

The show is called "The Mandalorian" but it doesn't have to be centered around our Mandalorian for the rest of its run.

I don't know. But I remember how well they hid Baby Yoda.    What do you guys think?

• Love 2