Type keyword(s) to search

The Circle - General Discussion

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

49 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

What happened to The Circle?  This season is #Trash.   How is it possible that after 8 episodes, we've only had one traditional blocking?  

Also, why would one of Kyle or Paul sacrifice themselves for the other?  There needs to be a better incentive - like if you "sacrifice" yourself, you get to come back as a catfish.

That twist may come. They usually don't find out until they're blocked.

I'm not finding the cast to be that enjoyable. There's not a lot of personality here.

• Like 1

I think they might get both guys to work together as a catfish if they both have to leave.  I suspected that was their twist when they wanted to boot a pair.  It is not really fair for one player to get booted just because they were paired with a disliked player.  They do not have enough catfish this season. 

Agree this season is not so good and I'm only 2 episodes in. Each one feels like its 3 hours long and from what I'm reading here, it won't get better.

The cast is blah. There doesn't seem to be that diversity in them this season which I guess happens on long running shows like this - the applicants tend to be social media types and influencers and not average joes. They all are these type-A personalities who are constantly "playing" for the cameras. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Ok, the highlight of this season so far is QT leaving the influencer chat and unilaterally making the decision of who to block. I'm at the beginning of episode 11 at the time I'm writing this but that was a boss move that needed recognition. That's mostly because I didn't know she could do that.

When they announced that the person rated #1 and their "ride or die" will be the influencers, I assumed they both had equal power and had to come to a collective decision.

Edited by AntFTW

Well this last batch of episodes was marginally better than the earlier ones mostly due to Jordan's messiness.  Though that might have been the most pathetic naughty and nice game ever.    Almost every naughty photo, I was like "wait, that isn't the nice one?"

I feel like Olivia is going to give Jordan the boot next week.  If she boots QT, I think this group will figure out that Olivia is the Super Secret Influencer and that would ruin her "nice" brand and might cause some (i.e. Myles) to downvote her in the ranking.  Plus I think Jordan would do his final rankings in reverse order (i.e. put who he thinks is going to win on the bottom) to bolster his own ranking.  So I'm not sure how much help he would be to Olivia.  

• Like 1

I am disappointed in this season.  They only had 2 catfish all season.  Paul went home early and we only have one left.  A lot of the fun of this show is watching the catfish try to hide their identity and what the reaction will be when they meet at the end.  This season I think the casting was off.  

Jordan is trying to shake things up.  I enjoy him just for that.  We need a few players that are not afraid to cause some chaos.  

I wonder if Olivia will boot QT.  She has mentioned that she can't beat her in the end.  

11 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Well this last batch of episodes was marginally better than the earlier ones mostly due to Jordan's messiness.  Though that might have been the most pathetic naughty and nice game ever.    Almost every naughty photo, I was like "wait, that isn't the nice one?"

100%. Between this and my not understanding the whole "you're my ride-or-die/bestie/friend to the end" pledges these people make after two virtual interactions, then their becoming hurt or apoplectic when betrayed the next day... this GenX'er feels very whatever.

steve buscemi youth GIF

I’m only paying half attention nut is Jordan a catfish or is he using an old photo? 
I think he’s right to go after Myles, the group is on track to let Myles win just because he’s staying under the radar.

2 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I’m only paying half attention nut is Jordan a catfish or is he using an old photo? 

He's using old photos.

(edited)

When everyone is thanking the super influencer, “Olivia” is the only one that didn’t thank the secret super influencer. That would have been a red flag for me, and Kyle noticed that also so good for him.

I feel like Myles would not have won even if he was a finalist. He was perceived as a popular player and I think people would strategically rated him low in their final ratings.

I felt like they kinda gave away who was going to win before they revealed it. The parts they showed us of players doing their ratings, I think, kinda gave it away.

They really gave us a no-frills finale. We haven’t seen Michelle Buteau all season, have we?

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1

It kind of ended like I expected.  They were all happy to meet each other.  I did not hate or love any of the players.  I realized I would not care who won.  Most seasons I am cheering for some of them and hoping others would lose.  But this season it ended & I felt kind of blah about it.  

• Like 1

The season was the equivalent of Real World London. Unremarkable in almost every way imaginable, soon to be forgotten.

• LOL 1

Damn, this season was so bad that  Michelle didn't even bother to show up for the finale.  With her voiceover work, this whole season was probably less than a day's work for her.

Congrats to Olivia/Brandon!  I didn't think he would actually go for the strategic block but his logic that blocking Myles would lower QT's rating made sense.  And it looks like it lowered Kyle's rating too.  So it ended up being a pretty good move.

Loved Kyle's reaction when he met "Olivia".  

The best part of the season was the Olivia reveal. I know Kyle's wife loved that, because she is never going to worry about her husband meeting someone online. He will be forever wary from this experience. 

I thought Olivia should have blocked QT, because she seemed like the biggest threat to win. But I don't think it mattered. Myles was going to be downvoted in the end, just like QT was. I liked Myles throughout the season, but he came on a little too salty and dismissive at the end. Not even a "respect the game" for Olivia? Seems like he's only focused on his QT prize now, but sorry/not sorry I don't think she's all that focused on him.

I appreciated Jordan's anarchistic spirit, but his obsession with Myles was kind of annoying, and ultimately his undoing, I think. He didn't have time to capitalize on his moves, so should have focused his efforts on getting everyone to love him. This was an easily swayed group, so wouldn't have been that hard.

I was surprised to see them ushered into the finale room instead of the usual round table. And then kept waiting for Michelle to appear. I didn't think this was a terrible season, but it seems most people here did, and by the looks of it neither Michelle or Netflix deemed this cast a priority. Wonder what that means for the future of the show.

The AI experiment was a dud. If there is another season, I vote for all catfishes, but everyone thinks they're the only one.

• Like 1

I really liked this season. A lot of people really playing or trying to play strategically and fighting til the end! 

I liked Max but thought they could've kept him a little longer,