Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for 1,000-LB Sisters: Doubling the Fun of My 600-lb Life

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, that was the one video I was watched that made me decide they are awful people.  

I am somewhat intrigued but I think my life would have been just fine not knowing these people existed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am somewhat intrigued but I think my life would have been just fine not knowing these people existed.

So is the show on TLC about them having weight loss surgery or just their trashy living?  I might watch once if the former.  What is wrong with Tammy's forehead?  or was that Amy?

I am sorry I watched. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Ok, I watched the video. While trying to eat dinner. 😝 I think this will fall into the same category as my big fat f'ed up life, sister wives 👭👭👭, 27 kids and a brood mare...etc. I don't watch ANY of these. Not one episode. I think this will be a hard pass!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

So is the show on TLC about them having weight loss surgery or just their trashy living? 

It's the former. 

Here's the preview:

I feel like the show is supposed to be about them trying to lose weight in anticipation of the surgery.  

However, from what I can see and judging from the YouTube summary, their trashy existence will be prominently featured.  

It's a little something for everyone.  

I think the forehead might stop me from watching.  It's kinda off-putting, and when they catch it at certain angles she looks like some kind of scary sea monster.  

I also suspect that there may be a lot of bad acting because I'm sure they are desperate for money and have not shown a normal sense of.....shame that would keep most people from doing anything for few reality show bucks. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

Is the doctor the same as the "family" version? He looks familiar. 🤔

Probably. The production company is the same. I hope this is more like the first season of "Family by the Ton" than the 2nd, but so far this looks like it could exceed the trainwreck status of that 2nd season.

• Love 4

Yo, my lovelies - 

I have spent a dissolute summer and fall in the Amberlynn Reid universe. In the process of learning about her, I learned about the Slaytons. I am here for all.of.it. I'm gonna get snarky early and say that I have seen my share of morbidly obese people, but never have I seen people with the facial features of the Slayton sisters. 

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in January.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

That forehead..is just the forehead equivalent of butt wings from the look of it, and pretty scary. She sort of resembles a dinosaur with that forehead outcropping. I might have reached my obesity Waterloo with these two. Yikes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 12/21/2019 at 9:58 PM, aliya said:

I am here for all.of.it. I'm gonna get snarky early and say that I have seen my share of morbidly obese people, but never have I seen people with the facial features of the Slayton sisters. 

Oh goody! I didn't want to be the one who started the snark about this family. But now that I know it's on and crackin'... I'm in! 😄 

I'm also very curious about the reason for the deformed forehead on the one sister. And one of them is married to a (kind of) normal size guy. However, his size is the only normal thing about him.

Where do they get the money to buy all of the crappy food they eat? Nevermind, I already know.

These 2 are Honey BooBoo/Mama June on steroids. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 12/22/2019 at 6:13 PM, Chicklet said:

That forehead..is just the forehead equivalent of butt wings from the look of it, and pretty scary. She sort of resembles a dinosaur with that forehead outcropping. I might have reached my obesity Waterloo with these two. Yikes.

Ah, butt wings.   I was costuming  some girls as Angels for the Christmas pageant at our parish when one of them had an unfortunate experience with the wings as the elastic sagged on one pair and the wings sank to her hip level at which point I made a remark about "butt wings."  Everyone thought it was hilarious.

This show may just be a bridge too obese for me.  

• LOL 10
On 12/21/2019 at 10:58 PM, aliya said:

Yo, my lovelies - 

I have spent a dissolute summer and fall in the Amberlynn Reid universe. In the process of learning about her, I learned about the Slaytons. I am here for all.of.it. I'm gonna get snarky early and say that I have seen my share of morbidly obese people, but never have I seen people with the facial features of the Slayton sisters. 

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in January.

Hi, @aliya! Always a pleasure to see you around here. I've just watched a little of the video about these sisters that's available on tlc.com. Oh Lord. So far the only normal creature in that house is the dog. And yes, those are two strange women. It's hard to assess facial features when people are that obese but they almost look cartoonish, and their voices and manner of speech are - odd. 

What is it with these hugely overweight people having tiny dogs anyway?

• Love 9

Just watched the TLC preview, and I think may have gone too far with this one folks.  One word.... REPULSIVE. As a 65 year old woman still out there working full time (because I have to), it was sickening to watch that mutant sister tossing all that expensive stuff in her cart without a darn care in the world.   Oh Kentucky I'm so sorry.  

• Love 7
On 12/27/2019 at 5:54 PM, Jeeves said:

Hi, @aliya! Always a pleasure to see you around here. I've just watched a little of the video about these sisters that's available on tlc.com. Oh Lord. So far the only normal creature in that house is the dog. And yes, those are two strange women. It's hard to assess facial features when people are that obese but they almost look cartoonish, and their voices and manner of speech are - odd. 

What is it with these hugely overweight people having tiny dogs anyway?

LOL I think tiny dogs require less food and don't need to be walked as often or as far.  That little dog can probably live off the scraps of food that fall out of their multiple chins. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I'm in. 

I've been reading through comments looking for a reference to lipomas and Dr. Pimple Popper.  I'm pretty sure Tammy has a lipoma on her forehead; it's visible though smaller in the earlier photos where she is not as fat as she is now.  I wonder if there's any point to removing it now.  I've learned in my Dr.PP tutorials that lipomas are indeed accumulations of fat.  If it's removed, will it pop right back?  On standard-size patients when Dr.PP removes lipomas they're gone for good, I think.  At least Tammy would look less weird--she looks like Baby Beluga right now.

image.png.41d49550e9990b71ef042cdae31b24ea.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

giphy.gif

This thread is for anticipation about the season.  It is not the place to violate the mod directive that is assigned to this forum. (Posts have been hidden). Since the show has started we are closing the anticipation thread.  Please discuss the individual episodes in their respective threads and any media, including youtube, in the media threads. 

• Love 2