Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Risky AF

Julia is forced to make a drastic decision when she finds out that Isaac has been secretly working with Leon for advice on his current patients. Meanwhile, Roxy takes her new protégé back to her old gym, where she runs into old enemies from her gymnastics days, Tim is on high alert when Edie misses a family event to "work" all weekend and Julia steps back into the dating scene.

I liked the show when it was exploring the premise. I don't like the show when it's wallowing in these horrible characters.

I like Tim.

Edie's mother was okay this week.

Everyone else was unbearable.

Roxy dumping on the kid was terrible. She needs to grow the hell up and stop being so reckless and careless and tantrummy.

Julia was right; Isaac was endangering the clinic and he is always disrespectful to Julia. But she was mind-bogglingly rude and immature to flee the date. For godsake, you can't sit through one meal with the guy and be polite? Or  leave honestly? Her "that's not who I am" line was classic deflection. Yes that is who you are. You did it, not someone else. Maybe you aspire to be different, but right now that's who you are.

To hell with Edie. Nothing new to see here other than she's doubling down on her bullshit.

Donor Dad has no conscience.

• Love 7

Do the writers seriously think we have to have sympathy for Edie? Willginly cheating on her husband. Wont communicate with him. And of course Amanda has no problem sleeping with a Married Woman. And it sounds like there are people who dont like the majority of the shows characters that's not a good recipe for a show to be succesful

• Love 7

I'm in agreement with y'all. 

I started watching the show because of Emily Osment. I really liked her on Young and Hungry (don't judge me). Roxy was wrong in how she treated her little protoge but I can understand it from he characters perspective. Roxy is socially stunted and raised by not nice people. She's not a bad person, she just needs to learn and grow.

Julia is a mess. She has potential but right now is an absolute mess. She's probably about 30 but still has the maturity of a 20 year old.

Edie is awful. I don't do cheaters. Nothing redeeming about her personality. She's a cold fish. And her girlfriend is so bland.

Tim is nice and Edie so doesn't deserve him. 

I'm not sure I can stay with this show.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I'm in agreement with y'all. 

I started watching the show because of Emily Osment. I really liked her on Young and Hungry (don't judge me). Roxy was wrong in how she treated her little protoge but I can understand it from he characters perspective. Roxy is socially stunted and raised by not nice people. She's not a bad person, she just needs to learn and grow.

Julia is a mess. She has potential but right now is an absolute mess. She's probably about 30 but still has the maturity of a 20 year old.

Edie is awful. I don't do cheaters. Nothing redeeming about her personality. She's a cold fish. And her girlfriend is so bland.

Tim is nice and Edie so doesn't deserve him. 

I'm not sure I can stay with this show.

Yeah I adore Britany Snow and Emily Osment but I'm probably gonna drop this show. Their bio dad is Awful. Edie and Her Mistress are Awful. Julia is kind of Awful not trying to get Tim to see his wife is cheating on him. Roxy's parents are awful. 

• Love 6

Creepy overly sexual attorney (Amanda?) takes “close talker” to a whole new level. Personal space, lady!  And now she has an annoying son.  GREAT!  Maybe he was a Bechtly baby too?!  

Edie’s hair continues to be horrendous.  I wish Brittany would go back to blond because the red is washing her out.  She needs lipstick or something.  She is such a cutie, but this red hair is not working.

I really want to like this show, but I feel like the stories are dragging.  Like many here, I enjoy Roxy, Isaac and Timothy.  I don’t mind Julia most of the time, either.

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 3

I want to like Julia. I understand her being pissed at Isaac for still taking orders from her father and her father not really letting her take over. She's right she needs honesty and not to keep being blindsided by her father lying to her. But they always manage to ruin it. All those dates she went on? She was so horrible to every single one. The last one completely bailing on. Why? Because he has kids? Its one date.  

I still hate Edie. Does she actually love Tim? Their scenes together she never acts like she wants to be in the same room with him let alone like or love him. Has she always been this way with him? Or is this new? She keeps cheating on him? Why? She doesn't want kids but she can bond with Amanda's kid? She doesn't show any signs of conflicted. She bailed on going to his grandmother's 90th birthday party to continue to cheat on him. Way to go. She wants Julia to be a sister but you not the sisterly type that calls her on her crap. You know most normal ones.  God forbid anyone call Edie on her crap.

Timothy Hutton, I know he has a name but really he's not any better. What he did was horrible. He betrayed and inseminated who knows how many women with his sperm and never told him. But he's sad he can't get five minutes? He complains to Edie's too cool mother about he's being treated. I like her telling him he should feel horrible and not to take her taking it well as a sign it was okay. He has zero sympathy for any of his victims or empathy to anyone who might be upset with him. Its all how could anyone be mad at him? He did made babies. That makes it really hard to give a crap at how he's been treated. Its still all about him? I wonder if anything can probably crack that and get him to see what he did was wrong and how badly he hurt people. But I really doubt it. He really can't see his actions have hurt anyone else. It did tear families apart, it did hurt women who went to him for help thinking they were being impregnated by their husband or sperm donor they picked, kids who grew up thinking their father was their father only to learn biological he wasn't, fathers learning the child they raised and loved isn't biologically theirs. Or Julia and a guy would sleep together not knowing they were half-brother and half-sister. And he really doesn't care.

Roxy and Tim are the only ones I really like. Isaac is close but I don't like him reporting back to Julia's father and not understanding why she was upset by that. She's the only one that you can see why she's so messed up. They show us how horrible Roxy's parents are. Its easy to see Roxy ending up the way she is after being raised by those two horrible people.  She messed up pulling Izzy from practice but then got called out on that by Julia and Edie and went and fixed it.  I think they want us to see Julia and Edie that way but that's not what their showing us. 

• Love 4

I think I get why Julia is so shitty with the dating thing.  Julia is in love with Tim, and has been since they were together.  Unlike Edie, she is not horrible and can't deal with dating other guys while having these feelings, but... she thinks she should.  Tim is married, she should move on, so she's trying to go through those motions, but she isn't really into it and it's very obvious that she can't.

• Love 1

Edie is probably so horrible that if/when Tim finds out shes cheating on him with no remorse like the bitch she is and he dumps her ass/files for Divorce she'll act like hes all to blame and try to take everything from him when she deserves nothing. 

• Love 2
On 11/24/2019 at 9:01 PM, andromeda331 said:

She doesn't want kids but she can bond with Amanda's kid?

We don't really know if Edie wants kids or not but what seems pretty clear is that she doesn't want to have kids with Tim.

I don't much like Edie but a big issue is her sexuality. It seems that Edie and Tim have been having problems for quite a while. Way back in the pilot they made it clear one of the primary problems is sexual. So I think if Aggressive Lesbian Plot Device hadn't shown up Edie and Tim would still be dunzo because I think Edie is more than 60% lesbian.

That said, NOBODY on this show should have any kids.

• Love 3
On 11/25/2019 at 11:11 PM, Josh371982 said:

Edie is probably so horrible that if/when Tim finds out shes cheating on him with no remorse like the bitch she is and he dumps her ass/files for Divorce she'll act like hes all to blame and try to take everything from him when she deserves nothing. 

But why would Edie blame Tim for filing for divorce while she doesn't love him ? And why would she want to take everything from him while she never wanted anything from him in the first place ? "I dont want anything from you" she told him once I believe. Also Edie has never blamed Tim for anything at all. She always said he was a good man and that he didn't deserve what she did to him.