Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: TMI: Too Much Integrity

The Huang parents are out to make big changes in the lives of their friends and family: Jessica scheduling mandatory family time with Eddie, Emery and Evan; and Louis dead set on taking Honey's blog to the next level, landing her a spot on "Good Morning Orlando." However, they may be in for a surprise when the boys and Honey let them know how it feels to be on the other side of their good intentions.

Original air date: 11/22/19

It was nice to see the house owner association ladies again, them grilling Louis with business oriented questions was a great way to kick off the episode.

It was fascinating to see the early days of the internet with the Louis-Honey plotline, but he definitely pushed Honey too far with making her do that TV intrview and then the review.

I liked the Jenny Jessica relationship in this one. Jenny never spoke so much english in an episode before.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Jessica was her usual dirtbag self, not only ruining the bocci ball tournament, but also reporting that the median was built without a permit.  I thought the city bulldozing it seemed a little extreme.

But Louis also crossed the line, using Honey's password to change her blog.  Not good.

I liked that Honey kept pulling food from her hair (and eating it).  They should make this an ongoing thing with her lol.

I wonder if they're going to transition Louis away from the restaurant into this consulting business?  Nothing about Jessica becoming a "teacher boss" this week thankfully, unless I missed it.  

• Love 2

I liked seeing Evan running the HOA again - and it was nice to see the same ladies from the HOA. 

I liked Honey's plot a lot - and particularly the emphasis on her having too much integrity to make money off of her blog. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, rmontro said:

Jessica was her usual dirtbag self, not only ruining the bocci ball tournament, but also reporting that the median was built without a permit.  I thought the city bulldozing it seemed a little extreme.

But Louis also crossed the line, using Honey's password to change her blog.  Not good.

I liked that Honey kept pulling food from her hair (and eating it).  They should make this an ongoing thing with her lol.

I wonder if they're going to transition Louis away from the restaurant into this consulting business?  Nothing about Jessica becoming a "teacher boss" this week thankfully, unless I missed it.  

Yeah, that part made no sense. It's a neighborhood festival and people have every right to enjoy it. The end result made it worse. It's like Jessica is in the right no matter what.

• Love 1

I'm so torn about this episode because Louis behavior was absolutely cringey and I could almost not bear to watch it. On the other plot, while Jessica was doing everything for the absolutely wrong reasons, if they built that thing without a permit, they always ran the risk of the city finding out and forcing it to be removed. Probably wouldn't have happened so quickly, but I'm not really sympathetic to anyone who is upset when their unpermitted construction gets found out. Everyone was horrible. Not funny.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, theatremouse said:

if they built that thing without a permit, they always ran the risk of the city finding out and forcing it to be removed.

I wondered about that.  I have absolutely no experience or knowledge with this sort of thing.  But unless the median was deemed to be a hazard or such, I would have thought they would have slapped some fines on someone rather than just tear it down.

• Love 1

There's no way any jurisdiction would allow a public street to be altered without permission and permit. 

ETA: Now that I'm looking at it, permission and permit are pretty much the same thing, aren't they? 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Superclam said:

There's no way any jurisdiction would allow a public street to be altered without permission and permit. 

Exactly, the entire plot is stupid because it is really bending reality. You can't just do that. 

• Love 2

Not to mention no reputable company would do it to a city street because it would most likely negatively impact their business for years to come if they weren’t sued out of business by the city in the first place.

Edited by biakbiak
42 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not to mention know reputable company would do it to a city street because it would most likely negatively impact their business for years to come if they weren’t sued out of business by the city in the first place.

Right, there is suspension of belief and then there is completely creating fantasy and even more, completely stupid fantasy to do what? Show that Jessica is just a grade A bitch who lives in her own little world and what she says goes?

• Love 2

As if Selfish and Overbearing Jessica wasn't enough, let's have Selfish and Overbearing Louis for an episode too!  

It made the episode doubly insufferable. 

As Grandma said, Jessica always takes the wrong lesson... it was nice to see her with more lines.  That actress who plays Grandma has always been subtly funny since "Desperate Housewives".

At this point, the show pretty much deserves cancellation.  The two main characters are just beyond irritating.  Pity all the likeable supporting characters, though.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

It's like someone said to the writers: Why would a reasonable person like Louis be with such an unreasonable person like Jessica?

And the writers said: Let's turn Louis into an unreasonable jerk, also, so they match!

--

It's really too bad, because the show does still have really good elements. It's just this idea that every plot has to revolve around someone (Jessica, now also Louis) acting horrible.

Jenny (Grandma) even called Jessica on it, so it's not like the writers don't know exactly what the problem is. But somehow they think it's funny to just keep doing it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

So 5 more episodes? I think they should end it with Eddie graduating. 

Yeah they have been building for that for a long time now I'm pretty sure that will be the ending. But Emery needs to get a girlfriend first he deserves better than to end up alone 😞  Even Evan has a special someone.

11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s already been announced that this season will be its last so only 5 more eps to suffer through! 

Now, if they would just put Grey's out of it's misery, we all have happier lives. 

• Love 1

So wait, how the hell did they even build that thing if they didnt have permits?! 

Of course Jessica cant possibly allow people to have fun, the sounds of merriment hurt her ears, she must snuff out all joy and happiness, especially if her own family is involved! 

It was at least nice to see the HOA ladies again, one issue I have had with the last few seasons (well, one of many) is the lack of use of the supporting characters.   

• Love 2
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So wait, how the hell did they even build that thing if they didnt have permits?! 

Of course Jessica cant possibly allow people to have fun, the sounds of merriment hurt her ears, she must snuff out all joy and happiness, especially if her own family is involved! 

Right all of it is stupid. First of all, you can just build something like that with no permits, especially a public city street. Second, yes, Jessica has to boss everyone around, be right about everything and loves the power it gives her. It's like how she calls the principal "teacher's boss" and wants to be one. She wants to boss everyone around, she will forever transform education in Florida and be the hero and then she will probably want to be the superintendent because she can then boss all the schools in the district around. However, it DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY! 7 episodes left, should have just ended it last season. 

• Love 3