Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Norman Devane

• Start Topic

Episode Description:

Liz and the Task Force investigate an infamous assassin who has a long history of weaponizing diseases, but has now turned to even more insidious activities. Meanwhile, Red and Dembe travel to Cuba in search of a lead, and Aram considers a new relationship.

1 hour ago, edhopper said:

1/2 hour in. It took them intrviewing the parents to find out all the boys went to the same Boarding School? Top notch FBI work there.

Yeah, that was Chief Wiggum on 'The Simpsons'-quality police work there.

What are the odds that Aram's new girlfriend just happens to take him to crash a wedding ...... AND .....  just happens to snag the name tags of Reddington's partner in crime ...... AND ..... that just happens to be the meet for a crucial information transfer ?  That's just fucking ridiculous -- even for this show.

This episode was just plain boring.  Makes me long for the days of the Kings of the Highway.  </sarcasm>

Not even a mention of Lizzie's new neighbor this episode.  So who was watching Agnes ?

Still no sign of the dogs or Robert Vesco's cat.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

What are the odds that Aram's new girlfriend just happens to take him to crash a wedding ...... AND .....  just happens to snag the name tags of Reddington's partner in crime ...... AND ..... that just happens to be the meet for a crucial information transfer ?  That's just fucking ridiculous -- even for this show.

The odds are so astronomical that this being part of the plot is most ridiculous.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, preeya said:

The odds are so astronomical that this being part of the plot is most ridiculous.

As Bloom said to Red: Everything happens for a reason. Even if that reason is as random as my goddaughter's wedding". Must have been a lot of booze going down in the writer's room that day!

After watching this episode, (like Devane) I wanted to take many pills and scrub my hands/eyes!

Ressler won a fight tonight! I'm so proud him. He must have felt real good/sassy for the win, didn't feel the need to wait for an ambulance and transport Devane to the hospital all by himself (only to get jacked by Red)!

Red describing Ressler "as crooked as the crooked man's cat"! How far has this character dropped? Of course he and Cooper looked the other way.

Dembe and Red had their "Trading Places" moment with the "Chinese tariffs on pork bellies" and they are going to make a fortune in the futures market. Too bad Clarence Beeks couldn't make a surprise guest appearance.

Dembe, Red, and Bloom tried to have but failed their "3 Stooges" moment with Red clumsily shooting the guy twice in the head, Dembe admonishing him and Bloom needing to wash the blood off of him.

Did they need to show the poor husband in the wheelchair as the wife was making plans with Aram? Brought down the "excitement" of the scene!

• Love 1

I know people like to make fun of this show and hate watch it but I actually like it fir the fun empty action show that it is.   That being said I have two major takeaways:

1.  It’s good that Ressler is mostly an honest man because he is a shitty liar.

2.  Aram needs to remember where he met his still married girlfriend.  This is a woman who gets off on low grade danger (maybe not as life threatening as hubby) but she wound definitely get her jollies from party crashing.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2019 at 12:34 AM, mxc90 said:

Dembe, Red, and Bloom tried to have but failed their "3 Stooges" moment 

Or a Vincent Vega moment...Thought Red would force Bloom to stand in the backyard naked while Dembe managed the hose....

On 11/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, Loandbehold said:

Yeah, but then he let the guy get in another shot before he could finish handcuffing him and ended up getting sprayed in the face with ... something. 

Purell

• Love 2

All I can say is the lousy third rate writers had better explain the “accidental “ shooting of the guy in Cuba.   If it was an accident, Red could have as easily shot Dembe or his came out of nowhere old bud.   

How about the poor kid who was killed trying to figure out was going on?  And wouldn't the video he took b e synced to the cloud, even if the FBI hadn't caught Devane right then? (Assuming someone had his password and bothered to look.)  I wonder how his death was explained to his parents.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse

I gotta give the show this much credit. Red's cleaners in this episode are the same ones he started using midway through Season 4. They haven't made a single appearance since then and they didn't even have lines in this episode and yet they used the same actors. That's pretty impressive commitment.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I gotta give the show this much credit. Red's cleaners in this episode are the same ones he started using midway through Season 4. They haven't made a single appearance since then and they didn't even have lines in this episode and yet they used the same actors. That's pretty impressive commitment.

Did they clean up in Cuba also?

This episode just aired in my locality. 

If I'd seen it back in November, I'm sure I would have been looking on in amusement at the guy refusing to shake hands and then dousing himself with hand sanitizer, putting on a mask, scrubbing himself down in the shower etc.

Now I'm all nodding approvingly and saying "good man, that's the way to keep safe!"