Type keyword(s) to search

Bob Loves Attention: Media Coverage

• Start Topic

(edited)

Did filming on this season get cut short because of the pandemic? Just noticed that the season was only 20 episodes, which seems kind of short. ("The Neighborhood", for example, had 22). Has CBS held back the last few episodes of this season or is it done? 

Edit: Just noticed Harvey's post from March 14th indicating production on the show was halted. At least they were able to finish filming most of the episodes for this season.

Edited by Phishbulb
  • Love 2

Bob Hearts Abilsola - Episode 2.01 - On a Dead Guy’s Bench

“On a Dead Guy’s Bench” – Bob enlists Tunde’s help to buy an engagement ring, but his plans to propose to Abishola are upended by her belief that a traditional marriage is more trouble than it’s worth, on the second season premiere of BOB ♥ ABISHOLA, Monday, Nov. 16 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Way too soon for these guys to be thinking about getting married, we hardly know them.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2020 at 11:09 PM, AnimeMania said:

Bob Hearts Abilsola - Episode 2.01 - On a Dead Guy’s Bench

“On a Dead Guy’s Bench” – Bob enlists Tunde’s help to buy an engagement ring, but his plans to propose to Abishola are upended by her belief that a traditional marriage is more trouble than it’s worth, on the second season premiere of BOB ♥ ABISHOLA, Monday, Nov. 16 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Way too soon for these guys to be thinking about getting married, we hardly know them.

How is this to soon? Mike and Molly did the exact same thing ... they dated season One and got engaged and married in season 2....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So I read an article last week that I can't find now. It was a localish interviiew with Billy Gardell. In it he mentioned the season finale and said

Spoiler

something to the effect that it would contain a twist that people won't be expecting

Any thoughts as to what that could be?

edited- found the article! It's https://triblive.com/aande/movies-tv/tv-talk-swissvale-native-billy-gardell-grateful-for-bob-hearts-abishola-success/

So the exact quote is:

Spoiler

Gardell also likes that Bob is unafraid.

“The way you take the fear of something new out of your life is by experience,” Gardell said, “but you have to have an open mind and an open heart and open eyes for that, and I think Bob has that.”

Recent “Bob” episodes featured Gardell dancing to “Uptown Funk” (“When was the last time you saw a 300-pound guy (tripping) the lights fantastic?”) and in a two-parter Abishola’s husband, who long ago abandoned his family, showed up, threatening to derail Abishola’s plan to divorce him and marry Bob.

“He’s gonna reappear because when people get divorced, you have to be able to be grown ups and deal with that,” Gardell said. “This show is grounded.”

Gardell said the series is back on track to fulfill Bob’s and Abishola’s plans to marry, although he’s not sure when that will happen.

“There’s a surprise twist at the end of this season that I don’t want to give away but, again, it’s based in reality,” Gardell teased.

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know when the new season will begin or if there is a new season? Thank you.

“Welcome to Lagos” – After Bob and Abishola land in Lagos, they rush to rescue Dele from his dad’s place and are a bit surprised at what they find once reunited. Also, Auntie Olu and Uncle Tunde explore their old stomping grounds and realize things have changed since their last visit to Nigeria, on the third season premiere of BOB ♥ ABISHOLA, Monday, Sept. 20 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

“Welcome to Lagos” – After Bob and Abishola land in Lagos, they rush to rescue Dele from his dad’s place and are a bit surprised at what they find once reunited. Also, Auntie Olu and Uncle Tunde explore their old stomping grounds and realize things have changed since their last visit to Nigeria, on the third season premiere of BOB ♥ ABISHOLA, Monday, Sept. 20 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+.

Sounds like a great season premiere.

I’ve seen a house ad for the show on CBS. It has the show name, but then it has a list of adjectives that flip through rapidly and describe the show. I don’t remember all of them, but I do remember thinking, “Huh?” A lot of them did not describe the show I’ve been watching, and that seems to be a problem. The marketing people, the producers, and the audience don’t know what the show is.

If I understand correctly, the character-crossover will just be in one half-hour episode of Bob❤️Abishola, right? So this won’t be problematic when they do future reruns, right? 
And then on The Neighborhood it will be just an actor “crossover,” right?

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

If I understand correctly, the character-crossover will just be in one half-hour episode of Bob❤️Abishola, right? So this won’t be problematic when they do future reruns, right? 
And then on The Neighborhood it will be just an actor “crossover,” right?

Yes, Calvin and Tina from The Neighborhood will appear on an episode of Bob Hearts Abishola. Gina Yashere (Kemi from Bob Hearts Abishola) will appear on The Neighborhood at a later date as a new character, a party planner named Chika.

• Love 1

Bob Hearts Abishola Adds Adhir Kalyan as Christina's Coworker — Just as TVLine Dreamt Up! Watch Sneak Peek

Bob Hearts Abishola has enlisted United States of Al‘s Adhir Kalyan for an upcoming episode — and we can’t help but feel like we’re partially responsible.

It was four months ago when TVLine published Dream Roles for Stars of Cancelled TV Shows, an annual feature where we pitch new gigs for actors coming off of recently ended series. At the top of our list was onetime Performer of the Week Kalyan, who we suggested would be a terrific fit for BA, as a coworker/potential love interest for Bob’s sister Christina (played by Maribeth Monroe).

Not really about the show, but Google is celebrating Jollof Rice today with a tasty looking animation:

I've got a pot going on the stove right now! 😋

Edited by Ms Lark
  • Love 1