Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Chapter 10 - An Old Flame, An Old Wick

On 10/25/2019 at 5:08 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Whoa!  That was Paul Reiser!!??

I was too distracted with the ponytail and that he was So Not the same age as Sandy to wonder who was the H!ITG!.

Not quite as strong as 2.1, this episode reminded me of how much I didn’t care for PSAs on aging bodies in the first season. I was also annoyed with Sandy’s daughter being annoyed because her same-aged (fictionally) father and boyfriend had a lot in common. 

ETA: In case anyone else was a little disappointed with this second episode, I just finished 5, and have found 3-5 to be much better.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I was too distracted with the ponytail and that he was So Not the same age as Sandy to wonder who was the H!ITG!.

I've got to quit checking IMDB and just go with it. In real life Norman would have been middle aged and his old flame not yet legal when they first hooked up.

I am enjoying the new season so far, honest. I'll try not to nitpick as much going forward!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Kathleen Turner! Wow! Did love the exchange between her and Sandy.

Awesome casting! And putting her character in Colombia was inspired.

22 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Whoa!  That was Paul Reiser!!??

I recognized him almost right away, but I was taken aback. It wasn't that long ago he guest-starred on Stranger Things, and he didn't look nearly this old on that show. 

I'm so happy for Norman. Delighted to have this show back (even if it's only 8 episodes).

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, rubaco said:

Awesome casting! And putting her character in Colombia was inspired.

I recognized him almost right away, but I was taken aback. It wasn't that long ago he guest-starred on Stranger Things, and he didn't look nearly this old on that show. 

I'm so happy for Norman. Delighted to have this show back (even if it's only 8 episodes).

It looked to me like there was a fair amount of make-up/prosthetics on Paul Reiser to make him look older.  I was actually surprised at how nuanced his performance was--he never struck me as a powerhouse of an actor.

My husband and I were talking about how absolutely gorgeous Jane Seymour looks in this.  She's the rare actress who has aged naturally and she looks lovely, not artificial.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

looked to me like there was a fair amount of make-up/prosthetics on Paul Reiser to make him look older

Other than the silly ponytail, I don’t think he had anything added. He’s about my age, and looks it. However, I thought Douglass and Arkin had work done for this season, which made Reiser look closer to Sandy’s age.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Other than the silly ponytail, I don’t think he had anything added. He’s about my age, and looks it. However, I thought Douglass and Arkin had work done for this season, which made Reiser look closer to Sandy’s age.  

I do think the double chin was added, as well as some padding...it didn’t look quite natural and he certainly was slimmer in other roles I’ve seen recently.

• Love 3

I love this new season, it is much better than last season which Ii only sorta liked. This is terrific, and I adore the guest stars! Nice to see movie stars who don't have screwed up botoxed faces, even if I have a hard time recognizing them, it's wonderful. 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2019 at 11:10 PM, OtterMommy said:

I do think the double chin was added, as well as some padding...it didn’t look quite natural and he certainly was slimmer in other roles I’ve seen recently.

I got this from a recent AARP article. He said he had 3 hours of makeup for his role as Martin. Which is kind of a relief. 

Waking up older on ‘Kominsky'

"I would go to sleep for three hours while they did the makeup, wake up, look in the mirror, and see my father without the ponytail. It's a dream job, other than the three hours of makeup."

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 10/25/2019 at 8:24 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I've got to quit checking IMDB and just go with it. I

You too? I'm obsessed with working out people's ages. It's so distracting. That and mentally reviewing how much if any plastic surgery each person has had. 😁