Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Yellow Jack

• Start Topic

The full episode summary:

S11:E04 Yellow Jack   While Callen and Sam are aboard the USS Allegiance, the ship is placed under quarantine for possible Ebola exposure. Also, Kensi and Deeks investigate the hug of a petty officer who recently departed the USS Allegiance and is linked to the Ebola exposure.

I feel like this show has become a soap opera with crime fighters. lol I'm glad there wasn't the silliness of last week, but does it have to be replaced with schmaltz? They have one agent who's wife was brutally murdered by one of his enemies (and never talks about her and still has her ashes over a year later, at least I think he does) and another whose father died and (ex)girlfriend went into exile at the end of last season and who's sister isn't speaking to him (at least we don't know if she is or not), plus the intelligence analyst's mom is seriously ill and her boyfriend is on a super secret assignment--so this is the perfect time to introduce the possibility of a pregnancy for the married couple who need an "I love you always" scene at least four or five times a season in case we forget. Glad the kid from Allegiance was back. Must have made Callen feel like crap that he has a wife and family 5 years later and Callen has nothing but his job--but I've got a feeling we'll never know HOW Callen feels about anything.

• Love 2

That e[pisode at least seemed to flow more than the rest of this season so far.  I really liked Navid the first time, so I liked the progression to an NCIS Agent.  Not sure how he managed 3 kids and training to become an agent, along with being posted to Japan, but hey, he at least has a supportive family at home.  

Nell's clothing seem to be getting worse.  She looked hideous.  She may have gained a little weight, but seriously, they don't need to make her look so awful.  

I just rewatched the preview (the one that goes at the end of the previous episode), it had a picture of Hetty, why do they taunt us with her and not put her in  the episode?  

I missed the end of the episode, and didn't see the Kensi and Deeks discussion about the possible pregnancy, my serching the Internet told me she wasn't pregnant.  they played that quite well.  It at least made the episode have some tension that seemed genuine.  I did notice that ECO had clean hair tonight.  I really wonder what he would look like with a decent hair cut, or at least have a hair cut that resembled what he looked like when he first joined.  He really looked like a hobo at one point, when they were in the hasmat tent, when Kensi told him she was late.  

Callen and Sam seemed like bit players in this episode to me.  They didn't have much investigating to do.  

I don't mind Fatima in ops, she seems to bring the calming influence that Nell once did.  It felt like the writers were doing a little implying that Nell was Hetty-esque with all the things she found out on the way to ops from the airport.  I wish I could say that Nell was still being groomed to be Hetty in the future, but she isn't out of ops anymore and seems to panic so much of late. 

• Love 1

This episode flowed nicely and it reused a fun old character in a reasonable way.   I still think the show needs to come to a close and soon but at least this week it came together nicely.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Wanted to add that I'm loving Fatima. The part were she manipulating the intelligence guy to get the info she needed was quite funny. I'm really glad to see Muslim people being represented as the part of American society that they are and not just as the go-to bad guys.

• Love 2

See a pattern this season: Callen and Sam basically do nothing. In the premiere, they were sent on a "diplomatic mission" (talking). In ep. 2, Callen was on a stakeout until the last 2 min. talking & Sam was "interrogating" a guy -- talking. In ep. 3, Sam & Callen were "bodyguards" who just stood around (or sat around). In this ep., they're on a ship and standing around in hazmat suits looking worried and talking on the phone. Strange assignments for the two senior agents. I found the ep boring with too much Densi angst for me. I mean, they're married and have been having sex for 5-6 years, at least, and this is the FIRST time she's ever been late? Wow! That must be a record. And she doesn't want to have a serious discussion with her HUSBAND when she thinks she might be preggers. Okay, I thought she told him back in S7 that there'd be no more secrets between them.

1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

I'm really glad to see Muslim people being represented as the part of American society that they are and not just as the go-to bad guys.

I like that, too, but I'm getting tired of there ALWAYS being some service member who has a "thing" against Muslims so he can be shown that they're really good people. Enough already; we get it. And is everyone one who's an Arab or whose ancestry Middle Eastern a Muslim? No. Don't stereotype them in ANY way.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, ymeagain said:

See a pattern this season: Callen and Sam basically do nothing. In the premiere, they were sent on a "diplomatic mission" (talking). In ep. 2, Callen was on a stakeout until the last 2 min. talking & Sam was "interrogating" a guy -- talking. In ep. 3, Sam & Callen were "bodyguards" who just stood around (or sat around). In this ep., they're on a ship and standing around in hazmat suits looking worried and talking on the phone. Strange assignments for the two senior agents. I found the ep boring with too much Densi angst for me. I mean, they're married and have been having sex for 5-6 years, at least, and this is the FIRST time she's ever been late? Wow! That must be a record. And she doesn't want to have a serious discussion with her HUSBAND when she thinks she might be preggers. Okay, I thought she told him back in S7 that there'd be no more secrets between them.

↑ This is why the show needs to be revamped or retired. 

Married people in law enforcement or the military should NOT be working as partners.

Why is there no one supervising this unit?  Where is Hetty?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ymeagain said:

I like that, too, but I'm getting tired of there ALWAYS being some service member who has a "thing" against Muslims so he can be shown that they're really good people. Enough already; we get it. And is everyone one who's an Arab or whose ancestry Middle Eastern a Muslim? No. Don't stereotype them in ANY way.

In this case it wasn’t just random prejudice.  There was an actual Muslim attack on the ship by a friend of the guy so I can see him having som residual feelings.  The fact that he was able to overcome them so quickly does say something about the plot.

Edited by Chaos Theory
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

In this case it wasn’t just random prejudice.  There was an actual Muslim attack on the ship by a friend of the guy so I can see him having som residual feelings.  The fact that he was able to overcome them so quickly dies say something about the plot.

I got that but it (the hatred of Muslims) is usually the result of something: an attack, a death, the terrorist list, etc. It's just random and frankly, the idea that there's always someone who has a beef against Muslims who just happens to be in the episode is getting old. I miss bad guys who were just in it for the money, like Janvier. lol And he DID get over "it" quickly.

4 hours ago, preeya said:

Why is there no one supervising this unit?  Where is Hetty?

Bingo! And what is it that Hetty does, anyway? She's been gone so much, does the team really need an "operations manager"?

Edited by 123BP

Maybe the writers have forgotten the premise for NCIS Los Angeles.  There has been no real undercover for a fair while now. What has happened to the Office of Special Provisions?  I wonder if it the plausible nature of the age of the actors playing the parts and the convincingness of them being able to play younger parts?  I mean, CO'D is 50, LL Cool J is older, ECO is in his 40's now, and in all reality, looks like a bum, and DR is mid 30's now.  All have aged and there is no one younger to play early entry Navy positions.  Perhaps this is the downfall of having the same main cast for every season since the end of S1? I think they need to bring in new blood and in some way, split the partners, so they can train new blood.  Or even have the older pairings work with a younger pairing.  Either way, it would give everyone a chance to work on their own things and still be part of the show.  I miss the under cover nature of the show that it had when it began.  

On 10/21/2019 at 5:17 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

Nell's clothing seem to be getting worse.  She looked hideous.  She may have gained a little weight, but seriously, they don't need to make her look so awful.

This. Does wardrobe hate Nell, because her outfits look so dowdy? I have always thought Nell's wardrobe was pretty bad, but it just seems to be getting worse with every season and every episode. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

This. Does wardrobe hate Nell, because her outfits look so dowdy. I have always thought Nell's wardrobe was pretty bad, but it just seems to be getting worse with every season and every episode. 

I know, they dress her in such dowdy clothing, I'm not a fashionista at all but wtf with her clothes?

• Love 2