Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: What is Love?

marcee
  • Start Topic

Lucious, who is now a wanted fugitive, is on the run; Cookie focuses on her brand outside of Empire.

I, personally, don't remember how he ended up a wanted fugitive. And if anyone would have asked, I would have told them he killed Damian at the end of last season... but I guess I wrote my own season finale.

So right now we have a strong, independent Cookie...

A Black Magic Girls failure - which is ridiculous considering the women who run it are probably two of the smartest characters we've ever met in Empire history.

A pregnancy that was bound to end in tragedy.

Barely a glimpse of Hakeem.

Lucious banging Damian's hot daughter. Great plan there, Gimpy.

And why couldn't Andre just give Mouse a cushy job and be done with it?

Edited by marcee
  • Love 1

Oh yeah, your disguise was just remarkable Lucious. Truly no one could recognize this very elaborate disguise of...dreadlocks. So his new plan is hooking up with Damien's daughter, as a part of some plan I assume. You devious bastard you. 

Cookie on a daytime The View style talk show is a great idea, I would totally watch Cookies thoughts on stuff all the while taking down the Megan McCain expy first thing in the morning every weekday. Of course she will inevitably be drawn back into Empire drama, because of course she will. 

So thats how Jamal leaves, not with a bang, but with a whisper. Honestly, considering the whole off-screen mess, its probably for the best. Give Jamal his happy ending in off-screen land and get Jessie out of here as soon as possible with minimal pomp and circumstance.  

Just give the guy a desk job Andre, that seems like a lot less of a hassle. And now the pregnancy is in danger, its just one thing after another. 

Nice song, too bad we say almost no Hakeem this week. I wonder how he will do as Lucious, they dont look a whole lot alike and I dont think he will be much of an actor, but he does at least know his subject pretty well at least. 

Becky makes a serious Black Girl Magic miscalculation! 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh yeah, your disguise was just remarkable Lucious. Truly no one could recognize this very elaborate disguise of...dreadlocks.

I could not believe he thought that was fooling somebody. Lucious is famous! 

Also that wig is KILLING ME. Like, they've gotta be trolling with that shit.

• LOL 9
14 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I could not believe he thought that was fooling somebody. Lucious is famous! 

I know right?!? Lucious is a super famous rapper/mogul/personality/patriarch of world famous entertainment dynasty, who was in the media all of the time! Of course people are gonna recognize him, even with that ridiculous wig! What, does he think that wig is his pair of Clark Kent glasses?

The only way that wig hides his identity is if he assumes people will say something like "Holy crap, is that Lucious Lyon?" "No way could that be Lucious Lyon, no one with that much money would be caught dead with THAT on his head!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I am still laughing at the thing that was on Lucious’ head. It was like something you can buy in one of those ubiquitous Halloween shops that pop up this time of year.

I do like the reveal of L’s new sidepiece being Damon’s daughter. Has he mentioned her before? I recall he bonded with Cookie over his kid’s…death? At any rate, I am all about the fact that a) she’s the one coming to L’s rescue, and he’s visibly not alright with it -- and b) she’s a POC character we rarely see – following her bliss from ashram to dive bars to other non-first world locales.

Ugh, Maya. So now she’s Andre’s Becky? She’s the debt Cookie owed Poundcake, but Andre can’t even hook Mouse up with a non-position and some new suits? 

And while we’re on it, why would a new permanent CEO be walking by himself in a deserted garage? Why wouldn’t Andre have security or at the very least a car and driver waiting for him out front? Why would Andre be stupid enough not to consider Mouse a danger?

Sign me up for The Cookie Talk Show! The way she served up those bishes was Vintage Season One Cookie. Loved her giving Lucious the what-for, and even though I knew it was Cookie on the other side of Damon’s door, it was still glorious!

Unfortunately, Becky was making rookie mistakes that even season one Becky would have known not to make. Please, Show, don’t ruin her character this last season.

Kingsley’s mom resting her head against Andre’s chest to hear her son’s heart was pure camp, and I have to admit it was an LOL moment. (Because I’m heart-less, lol)

I hope Teri is ok, because I really like the character. It was weird that they had the conversation about Andre’s fractured relationship with God AGAIN 9 months later.

Still, I'm glad this show is back for a final season.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

I do like the reveal of L’s new sidepiece being Damon’s daughter. Has he mentioned her before? I recall he bonded with Cookie over his kid’s…death?

The whole subject of his daughter came up when they were in the elevator that 1st meeting and she saw the jewelry box in his suit jacket inside pocket. He explained it was for his daughter who was 5 yrs cancer free and one of the stones on the bracelet for a remembrance of her mother who died. 

There was a lot to unpack in the episode. I think the whole situation with Mouse would have been alright had he not overstepped and gone to the mansion. That was the breaking point for Andre. Then threatening Teri sealed his fate in the garage. Not sure what to make of him seeing Kingsley’s spirit/ghost but I hope it doesn’t make him have a psychotic break with being bipolar because we’ve done that almost every season and he’s been through enough on that front. 

Still not sure that Becky and Giselle’s label will make it but I’m hoping they do. 

As far as White Tracy, that ho’s gotta go. I was over her ass last season and I’m not liking this obsession she’s got with Andre and his heart. Cookies gonna have to put her foot down on that situation and better now than letting it fester. 

Maya, please. She’s annoyed me also. 

As for who shoots Lucious, I’m thinking it’s possibly Leah. If not Leah, then maybe the assistant US attorney because he obviously beats them silly yet again. I just think Damon shooting him is predictable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MyArchangel said:

The whole subject of his daughter came up when they were in the elevator that 1st meeting and she saw the jewelry box in his suit jacket inside pocket. He explained it was for his daughter who was 5 yrs cancer free and one of the stones on the bracelet for a remembrance of her mother who died. 

Oh wow, great memory! Thanks. It makes sense why he'd be so indulgent of her, and is an interesting backstory for her being so freespirited.

1 hour ago, MyArchangel said:

As far as White Tracy, that ho’s gotta go. I was over her ass last season and I’m not liking this obsession she’s got with Andre and his heart. Cookies gonna have to put her foot down on that situation and better now than letting it fester. 

Haha! Agreed. Unless they're setting it up so Andre kills her too. Maybe Andre kills someone each week, and he'll be the one who shoots Lucius. I'm kidding, I think.

• LOL 1

So much to unpack:

~That wig was HORRIBLE!

~Cookie with a talk show would be fabulous!

~Strawberry Tracy? Just no.

~Hakeem playing Lucious is not a terrible idea.

~Lucious had a plan all along 🤔

~Mouse was stupid. Andre is a thug in a business suit. 

~I think Andre kills Lucious. Who else would have the balls?

I am watching this for Taraji/Cookie only. She was everything I needed to get through the rest of this shitty week. Cookie's reads are everything.

The rest was ridiculous. I guess they really are going to seal Empire's fate as the Black Dallas with the whole "Who Shot (and killed) Lucious?" crap.  

So glad its the last season--this show is tired. 

I think Andre will kill Lucious because of all the talk about how Andre was raised to be a prince and can't be a king yet.  He will be a king once the king is dead.

Maybe Andre kills someone each week, and he'll be the one who shoots Lucius. I'm kidding, I think.

Hey, I'd watch that show.  I laughed at the dramatic music at the end with Teri on the ground and Andre doing to Mouse what cats do to mice (except Andre didn't bite Mouse's head off).

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2019 at 4:42 PM, Empress1 said:

Also that wig is KILLING ME. Like, they've gotta be trolling with that shit.

Even though the show has gone way downhill, I would like to stick with it till the end. But, that wig is so awful. I can’t make it thought multiple episodes of that wig.

I think the wig came to life and killed Lucious

Edited by Athena5217
  • LOL 5