Type keyword(s) to search

Irlandesa

50.8k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

6.5k profile views
  1. I agree with you but Polish sausage and kielbasa are used interchangeably in my experience. On the Brewers website, they do refer to the sausage as Polish sausage which is probably why Top Chef did. I did think last night that if I were presenting, I'd say kielbasa instead of Polish sausage just to sound fancier.
  2. Those comments were in reference to how talented Marcel is as a chef. Of course they want him out.
  3. The thing I like about them when I normally wouldn't root for a 2-guy team is that if you told me a 2-guy team would win 5 out of the first (8?) legs, I think most of us would think the pilots would be the team doing it. Ricky and Cesar are a deceptively strong team. I liked Danny and Angie too. He could maybe be a little intense or too much of a cheerleader but overall, I think he tried to have a good attitude. Seeing how many teams melt down, I will give him a lot of credit for that. There are worse things than sometimes being a bit annoying.
  4. I never blamed Marcel for being assaulted. Not now not back then when I liked him much less than I do now. And for the record, I don't dislike him. Tom should have been able to boot everyone involved in the incident like he wanted to. But two opinions can be held at the same time. One is that people can think he's the victim of an unwarranted assault that never should have come close to happening. Those same people can also think there are times he acted like a complete asshole and lacked the emotional intelligence to recognize when it stopped being fun trash talk and turned him into someone people didn't want to be around or might not appreciate as a TV personality. That's not just Marcel and other chefs. I've seen people do it in real life. It's a nonverbal way to express gratitude (as pointed out above) but usually conveys an extra dose of feeling honored. The chefs in these competition shows often respect, and even sometimes hold in awe, the chefs judging them. They're trying to show they feel extra honored to be able to feed them.
  5. It was a bat! He hit a racer with a bat. That's why the police got involved. (It's in the video below and even knowing something was coming thanks to your post, I was still stunned.) Here's a short (approx. 2.5 minute) piece on the sausage race. You don't see a whole race but there are snippets here and it's clear they sometimes run full out. There's even a junior version. I think char is supposed to have flavor. Maybe a bitter flavor but flavor. Burnt has all the original flavor taken out of it so I don't personally think they're the same. I'm glad Dan is still in. Kevin has been bouncing around the bottom for a while now.
  6. The finale isn't May 7. My DVR shows episodes for at least the next two Tuesdays (which is as far as it goes.) And in an interview with Ramon on TVLine, they say there are three episodes left. 10 episodes is short but pretty much every show I watched this season is only producing 10 episodes. A few made it to 13 but the strike shortened everything on broadcast. It sounds strange whenever I hear the real song because I don't hear "throw the dice, stir those grits, get out your church fans...etc."
  7. No. Most series seem to have 10 episodes this season so I'd expect there to be three more episodes left. Me neither. It felt very random. But I expect it's part of a pattern where they get together, and something will tear them apart again. I actually liked the brief bits of Ormewood and Angie out and about before they joined the main story. I don't care about Crystal either but the little bits of humor were a nice respite from the intensity of the hostage situation.
  8. Zendaya isn't the only child actor to have those complicated feelings. I believe Jason Bateman has talked about that as well. He (and his sister) knew that working was supporting their family because his parents' line of work (managing their careers) was so connected to his. And that's often the case because being a parent of a child actor often leads to sacrificing their career for their child's. But what happened with Britney goes deeper than just being a breadwinner. I do think it's a combination of bad parenting, lack of being able to just walk away and genuine mental illness that everything else exacerbated.
  9. Right but this: Makes it seem like they currently have everything from 2024 and 2025 done. That's not what he's saying. He's saying that if they keep filming until the end of the year, by Dec. they could have everything for 2025 done so they still have a lot of filming left before next year would be done. And it makes sense. They usually take some extended breaks where the studio is shut down and filming about 8 months in advance would put them filming August in Dec. They'd need to wait on a renewal before they could film beyond that. I know but in one of her interviews, she said something to the effect of wanting to make sure Cady didn't want to take over the role since she considers it Cady's right now. But since Cady is in NY, it's no more convenient for her to pop into DOOL as it would be for Missy.
  10. I think it's hilarious. That's the challenge. Every chef who signed up for this knew what they were getting going in and that it'd be something they'd have to navigate. They're in the middle. Energy will probably go up closer to the end because they know it's almost over. I like Mika too. I think she's funny and like the food she's putting out. I think his youth prevented him from realizing he was about to take things too far and so he was an annoying gnat/bit of an asshole to his fellow chefs. He has gotten better with age. Not perfect but better. But back then, the people on his season didn't know how to handle him so we got the bullying incident which was awful. Harold handled him much better during the special S1 vs. S2 chefs when he basically told him to stop being a child because everyone there just wanted to cook. That seemed to at least temporarily get through to Marcel.
  11. I think that's a misquote. I bet Vaughn said that if they didn't work until 2025, it wouldn't matter because the year (2024) is complete, and not if they didn't work in 2025 they'd be okay. But I do think Cady's divorce and the fact that she's in NY explains why Missy is back as Jennifer. Going to set isn't as convenient for Cady any longer.
  12. ABC does not ignore streaming. ABC releases the DVR/Hulu numbers lumped together. Ep 3 was the highest rated. Ep 4 was second highest in total viewers. Its streaming performance likely influenced its quick renewal. I think your age reasoning is true for many products but not all. Medications are likely the one thing that do appeal to older viewers which is why you see more of those ads on shows like Blue Bloods.
  13. It depends on which numbers you're looking at. The first three episodes weren't even usual rescue episodes. They were a well-advertised disaster event featuring the show's leads/main couple. Total viewers went up but the demo went down. Conversely, even though the total viewers may have gone down for the next two episodes, the demo went back up.
  14. Yep. The same thing applies to the Super Bowl which is why we get "the big game" unless there's an actual partnership.
  15. I get it maybe in the first episode. But by now? It's so unnecessary. By now, the hours of competition are piling up. The kitchen has been thinned. The fatigue is starting to show on the faces and bodies of at least some of the chefs. You can see production scrambling about to give the impression of constant movement. They have enough to do more showing vs. telling. Especially when some of these chefs are more well-known than others.