Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

There are so many votes at this point that it's taking longer for the percentages to change but EBR is losing this, I think. I mean, I'll keep voting but the Outlander folks are steadily widening that lead. Unless there's a resurgence tonight (the overnight voters have really been the ones leading the rebound every day), I think this will be Outlander's win.

I don't think Dragon Con helped. This fandom is Squirrel! right now so the panels and photos are taking their attention. Plus the celebrity support has been great but that also motivates the opposing side to vote harder. Outlander is a HUGE, PASSIONATE FANBASE who have been voting strong throughout the competition. 

I want this win and I won't right her off just yet, but even if she loses it looks like it could be CB narrowest victory. I would be proud of that.

ETA: Can you take back a vote? I accidentally voted for CB. LOL

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I don't really know what changed... we had some pretty good momentum going even as of yesterday morning (I think we pushed it up past 50%), and then the panel happened (or maybe the WIlliam Shatner tweets) and we've been dropping ever since. So frustrating.

I would say the holiday may also be a factor. Normal we gain in the day and then fall back at night, it's been the pattern for all the fan polls. But this weekend we are losing in the day and doing better at night. People are going to BBQs and away for the weekend.

There are so many votes at this point that it's taking longer for the percentages to change but EBR is losing this, I think. I mean, I'll keep voting but the Outlander folks are steadily widening that lead. Unless there's a resurgence tonight (the overnight voters have really been the ones leading the rebound every day), I think this will be Outlander's win.

Even a narrowish loss is something of a victory against the Outlander crowd. I think despite continued noble efforts, the Arrow fans are kinda burnt out on voting. I know I am, but I'm ok with whatever happens since we used up a lot of our efforts on the more important earlier polls. Ship of the year is nothing to sneeze at. :D

• Love 1

I got numbers. I'm considering playing the lottery if EBR wins.

William Shatner dissed Outlander and got into it with some of the fans and got snarky with the author herself.

And then he tweeted Charlotte Ross the link to the poll.

I love this guy. 

I won't lie. I'm disappointed more cast mates haven't tweeted some support. Maybe they don't want to start a fandom kick up, but really? Orlando and Shatner are getting into it with fans for her and it's radio silence from everyone but JB.

Wait, why? :p What has she done? :p

This is just my own personal opinion, but I think she thinks way too highly of her own work, especially considering the (again, IMO) complete mess she made of it. 

I won't lie. I'm disappointed more cast mates haven't tweeted some support. Maybe they don't want to start a fandom kick up, but really? Orlando and Shatner are getting into it with fans for her and it's radio silence from everyone but JB.

I feel like there are probably some office politics at play with that, so it doesn't really bother me.

Yeah, I'm not surprised nobody else from the cast has really tweeted. Like @apinknightmare said, office politics is probably involved. But Guggenheim, Beth Schwartz, Wendy Merricle and the Arrow writers' account all have retweeted links or tweeted it themselves, so Emily is getting the support :) Charlotte Ross and Antonio Negret ("The Fallen" director) have tweeted about it as well.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

To be fair, DR never goes on twitter & SA is probably trying to avoid the crazy RL shippers...

Not sure about everyone else though. 

But yeah lmao it was hilarious seeing Shatner get into it with the Outlander fandom, but it was less than pleasing to see Orlando get into it with Iris fans 

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm not surprised just a little disappointed. Colton Haynes at least.

But yeah lmao it was hilarious seeing Shatner get into it with the Outlander fandom, but it was less than pleasing to see Orlando get into it with Iris fans 

I felt bad for Orlando. That was messy.

To be honest, I think all this tweeting of support has just alerted the haters. And before anyone says anything, I'm not saying that Outlander is only winning because of the hate vote against EBR. But I am saying that people do petty things. I'm actually pretty impressed we're holding as well as we are against Outlander. That's a huge fandom (even though I literally never see it lol). 

I don't think Dragon Con helped. This fandom is Squirrel! right now so the panels and photos are taking their attention. Plus the celebrity support has been great but that also motivates the opposing side to vote harder. Outlander is a HUGE, PASSIONATE FANBASE who have been voting strong throughout the competition. 

I want this win and I won't right her off just yet, but even if she loses it looks like it could be CB narrowest victory. I would be proud of that.

ETA: Can you take back a vote? I accidentally voted for CB. LOL

Typical West Wing and Parks & Rec move. If we lose, its all on you! :)

J.K. :) No recounts or take-backs in this competition.

Edited by kismet

You have the other people who EBR beat out probably hate voting against her.

I mean Iris West fans got mad at Orlando Jones saying why he wasn't tweeting out support when it was Emily vs. Candice.

He had a perfectly logically answer to that, that EBR is his friend. They started saying how he was racist against WOC and then they went on to being hateful towards EBR calling her his little white blonde blue eyed friend.

This is just my own personal opinion, but I think she thinks way too highly of her own work, especially considering the (again, IMO) complete mess she made of it. 

I feel like there are probably some office politics at play with that, so it doesn't really bother me.

I'm kinda the opposite, it's exactly because I think office politics are at play that I'm upset. 

I've had enough of everyone tiptoeing around the issue and by extension failing to give EBR and Olicity the support it might otherwise deserve because of the potential for hurt feelings/bruised ego of others. 

Although from recent comments I've seen certain egos could definitely do with a little deflating. There's self confidence and then there's absolute delusion. 

Edited by lexicon

I don't know, tiptoeing around sensitive issues that aren't going to go away doesn't bother me, especially when the tiptoeing parties have no say in the matter. Besides, SA doesn't seem to be big on promoting contests unless they have some kind of visibility factor for him (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing), DR isn't ever on Twitter, and MG and co. have retweeted it. I don't think not signal boosting is any indication of whether or not any of those people thing EBR should win or deserves to win.

• Love 2

I don't know, tiptoeing around sensitive issues that aren't going to go away doesn't bother me, especially when the tiptoeing parties have no say in the matter. Besides, SA doesn't seem to be big on promoting contests unless they have some kind of visibility factor for him (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing), DR isn't ever on Twitter, and MG and co. have retweeted it. I don't think not signal boosting is any indication of whether or not any of those people thing EBR should win or deserves to win.

I agree with you for the most part. SA and DR I get. MG at least has always been good about retweeting. It's more the actions, or lack thereof, of the official Arrow/CW accounts that I take issue with...or I may just be nitpicking. I am in a MOOD today ;)

Funny Emily Bett promotes KC's stuff but, all KC does is retweet stuff from her own fans who try to trend her and fail. If Emily Bett is such a friend of hers why doesn't she retweet the vote?

But then I get to thinking that I don't want her to retweet it because of my own dislike of her.

Funny Emily Bett promotes KC's stuff but, all KC does is retweet stuff from her own fans who try to trend her and fail. If Emily Bett is such a friend of hers why doesn't she retweet the vote?

But then I get to thinking that I don't want her to retweet it because of my own dislike of her.

Yes, I'm sure KC tweeting a call to vote for Emily would go over really well. Her @ replies would be like the comment section of Arrow's Facebook page. SA isn't retweeting anything for her. Neither is DR. Who cares? 

• Love 2

I meant EBR promoting KC's clothing line. Really I don't care that much. Lol it's just funny what she will retweet and won't retweet to me. It's just funny to me.

The "stuff" of KC's that EBR promotes, are we talking similar things? Polls like this? KC was in an earlier round of the Girl On Top poll, wasn't she? Doesn't look like EBR promoted that.

EBR doesn't really promote herself. So of course she doesn't really retweet these things. Only if it's brought to her attention. She promotes her dog more than anything.

I can't find it now, but EBR did have a nice twitter msg thanking fans for the GOT support & messages (on Sunday, I think). So she is aware of the contest & fan response. I don't think EBR is someone that promotes herself. She is gracious & lets her work speak for itself. Her tweet is a polite way of promoting the contest & thanking people at the same time. Its a smart PR double whammy. More importantly, it also felt genuine & heartfelt which only increases its PR worth.

• Love 2

I'm saying KC was a part of this poll earlier, and wasn't up against EBR. EBR could have promoted KC and the other Arrow/Flash ladies (except, of course, when she and CP were going head-to-head) without promoting herself, but she didn't mention anything about it until she was the only one from the franchise still in it. I don't expect her to promote KC or anyone else. If she does, great. If not, also fine. But if we're going to hold KC to certain standards, then the same would have to apply to EBR and then they both fail to meet them.

Unless EBR has a clothing line I'm unaware of that KC never promotes, I don't see what EBR promoting Tomboy has to do with retweeting or not retweeting things about polls. They're two entirely different things, really.

Edited by GreatAtBoats

I spent my lunch hour voting on my phone (we're so close I'd feel guilty if I didn't help a little) and got a really interesting captcha-- instead of individual pictures, it was one picture of a road intersection that was divided into tiles, like a puzzle. I had to check the ones that had street signs in it.

Of course I missed one piece and had to do another one.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Hooray that this stupid E!Online poll ends tonight!  I'm tired of it clogging up my Tumblr/Twitter/PTV timelines and threads.  /sorrynotsorry

What is your tumblr/twitter. I want to follow :p I need more sane people to follow

While I do want EBR to win, I think it's probably better for her if she doesn't.  She's still too young, too fresh in the acting game.  Colin Firth said that he was lucky that his Mr. Darcy fame came when he was 35 rather than at 25 and he does make a good point..

The "stuff" of KC's that EBR promotes, are we talking similar things? Polls like this? KC was in an earlier round of the Girl On Top poll, wasn't she? Doesn't look like EBR promoted that.

If a number of people on a show are competing for the same prize, I don't expect them to promote the other actors when they're competing for the same thing.  But if just one person from my show is in the competition, then yes, I expect the other actors to promote them.  One for all and all for one, and that sort of thing.

• Love 1

As in Katies own personal endeavors? That she also features EBR in? Not polls that it just about a character. Is she retweeting all this Laurel Lance stuff that Katie doesn't post about?

Congrats to Emily & the Arrow crew, we held our own! And 2nd place is still pretty impressive!

Congrats to Catriona & the Outlander crew, they were pretty formidable opponent.

I'm just happy that it wasn't a blow out. Our numbers were better Sat night. But they got back the momentum. The numbers weren't changing much Sun into Mon. Personally, I'm also glad that I can go back to paying attention to real road signs & identifying objects when I want.

• Love 4