Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

I think they zeroed them out to basically restart the voting. I hate being on mobile. It always says File Not Found. Any one else have that problem?

Sigh. I didn't want this match up at all.

• Love 1

Yeah I was about to say the same thing. It's also showing 0% on my phone now too.

Same. Shenanigans before the poll has even begun. This bodes well. 

And I also hate that CP/EBR are up against each other. But I suppose it had to happen at some point. Sigh. This is gonna get messy and I don't like it.

Or color code them. Whoever is winning is in green, the other in red. When it gets within in a current percentage, they both go yellow.

That way there is still motivation for the parties, but without the percentages on display it's harder to yell CHEATING.

Nah, that's just gonna make things nastier. That's already kinda happening now with a lot of people not being able to see the results.

Hmm, I actually thought it might have been better that way...just go vote your heart and hope for the best.  Guess not :-(

They should never have shown the results throughout the whole poll. Changing the system now is kind of weird so I'm not surprised people are wondering about it. 

That being said, I think it's gonna be very close. I wouldn't be surprised if CP gets it in the end.

Edited by Guest

Hmm, I actually thought it might have been better that way...just go vote your heart and hope for the best.  Guess not :-(

They should never have shown the results throughout the whole poll. Changing the system now is kind of weird so I'm not surprised people are wondering about it. 

That being said, I think it's gonna be very close. I wouldn't be surprised if CP gets it in the end.

I think that's what it is, E! Online has always shown the results before so changing the rules now is riling up some folks.

I agree, Morrigan2575, that would have been better. 

• Love 1

Well I'm not sure they're actually changing the rules, because you can still see the results when you vote using your phone. There's just something wrong with the website.

ETA: and it really doesn't benefit E! to change the rules either. They're in it to get hits, not promote fandom peace and harmony. And people are more movitated to vote when they can see the percentages going up and down.

Edited by Starfish35

Well I'm not sure they're actually changing the rules, because you can still see the results when you vote using your phone. There's just something wrong with the website.

ETA: and it really doesn't benefit E! to change the rules either. They're in it to get hits, not promote fandom peace and harmony. And people are more movitated to vote when they can see the percentages going up and down.

Oh, I know.  I was just thinking it would be a nice way to avoid all the fandom BS.  Yeah, it seems there's just a major glitch with the website, not a rule change.

At least what I'm thankful for is that because it's EBR/CP I don't think the flashwriters/arrowwriters/cw_arrow/cw_flash twitter accounts won't tweet anything regarding that poll. And to be honest I think it would be foolish to ask them to promote it. Nothing good can come from that lmao

• Love 2

Yeah, tbh I don't see Olicity fans or Emily fans really banding together and making an effort for this poll. And I also heard that Cat's fans are also voting against us? Maybe it's because the Olicity fandom actually won against Outlander in a few polls and they want an 'easy' win which they expect w/ CP (nothing against CP). 

Yeah, tbh I don't see Olicity fans or Emily fans really banding together and making an effort for this poll. And I also heard that Cat's fans are also voting against us? Maybe it's because the Olicity fandom actually won against Outlander in a few polls and they want an 'easy' win which they expect w/ CP (nothing against CP).

That never ceases to shock me. I honestly can't wrap my head around voting against someone's ship or whatever. I mean I guess there's nothing wrong with it but I couldn't do it. I put in my vote for Ebr and I close the tab I leave the other one alone because I have less than zero interest in it.

• Love 2

If Cat's fans are voting against EBR with CP fans, then it can't be a lot of them. CP would have pulled a bigger lead if that was happening. 

It's going to be a tight race. I expect some flip-flopping up until the close.

I'm haven't been seeing a lot of 'call to arms' from fans, but it's picking up with this match up.  

If Cat's fans are voting against EBR with CP fans, then it can't be a lot of them. CP would have pulled a bigger lead if that was happening. 

It's going to be a tight race. I expect some flip-flopping up until the close.

I'm haven't been seeing a lot of 'call to arms' from fans, but it's picking up with this match up.  

Very true. I'm actually glad this is a very civil poll. 

I think the worst thing I saw was a post on tumblr telling Olicity fans to vote for CP because Olicity already won MTV ship of the year? :p

I think CP will get it. I'll be interested in seeing how her fans go up against hte outlander fandom

I've been seriously impressed with CP fans and think its going to be really close, but I would give the edge to EBR. Her fans have come from behind before and they tend to be strongest during the hours prior to the close of the poll.

I think CP will take this round. She's really popular in the Flash fandom, interacts with fans on twitter a lot etc…She's a good one. Plus EBR has a lot of haters voting against her. Sad but true. 

I'm surprised EBR fans are still voting in this, TBH. I got burned out of polls long ago. There are so many of them anymore that unless they result in an actual award that promotes the actor/show it's hard to commit the time. I think CP will actually take this round because I see her fans are mobilizing around social media like crazy. She benefits from the relative newness of the character too. Young shows/characters tend to stir up a lot of hardcore devotion that usually wanes with passing time. If other EBR fans are as tired as I am of the constant click-click-clicking we've had to do for the past 3+ years, I certainly won't judge them for it. C'est la vie. *shrugs*

I don't know why it isn't considered that more than EBR fans not voting or her haters voting against her...it's just that CP has her own rabid and dedicated fan base.

Like I said, not a dig. It's just what I've heard apparently. Obviously use that knowledge w/ a grain of salt

• Love 1

I'll be honest--though I'm a much bigger Arrow fan than a Flash fan, I'd feel happier if CP won this. I'm proud of EBR and all the great things she's done with Felicity. But CP was dealt a pretty crappy hand with her character (because these EPs are incapable of learning from their mistakes), and she kept Iris this side of sympathetic by sheer force of will (and natural charisma). She's really the only reason I'm still planning to watch Season 2, because I'm hoping things will be better for her, and that the rest of the characters will treat her better and I won't have to hate them all anymore. So, yeah, anyway--I'd love to see that recognition for CP. Not sure anyone's beating Caitrona though.

Caitrona is awesome, not just on Outlander but in interviews and they are always drinking on their panels which makes it really fun. 

I think CP has proven that a character can still be likable even with awful writing. That's why I put a lot of it on the actor/actress when they can't overcome crappy writing and bring their character to life. 

I've noticed that in these polls, it's like all Award shows, it's always the same shows making it in the finals. Arrow, Flash, Outlander, OUAT, The 100 and POI. 

Edited by Sakura12

Flash has only been on one season.  The EPs haven't had enough time to mess up the Iris character, so that helps CP's popularity as well.  Iris is also comic book canon.

EBR's Felicity used to be almost universally popular as well.

Next year, LoT will be the shiny new toy.  Flash will be the old toy and Arrow will be the even older toy.  (It's Toy Story all over again.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I don't think Iris is hugely popular though? She's canon, so that helps her with a certain segment, but all last season I saw comments about her being a whiner, awful, and the "new Laurel." I don't think any of those are true, although the writers/EPs over on The Flash didn't really put her in a very good position for most of the season. I like Iris and CP, and would be perfectly happy if she wins.

• Love 2

Flash has only been on one season.  The EPs haven't had enough time to mess up the Iris character, so that helps CP's popularity as well.  Iris is also comic book canon.

EBR's Felicity used to be almost universally popular as well.

Next year, LoT will be the shiny new toy.  Flash will be the old toy and Arrow will be the even older toy.  (It's Toy Story all over again.)

The Toy Story analogy is a good one.... luckily Woody always does well in the end

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Lmao so...

LoT = Buzz

Flash = Woody

Arrow = Mr. Potato head?

That's not how I see it. :)

ARROW = Woody  - Despite the new toys they always return to Arrow, even the Flash needed him to defeat Reverse Flash.

FLASH = Buzz  - BA & team is just like Buzz thinking that because he is shiny & new, he is automatically better then everyone. It's just like the scene when Buzz first "flies" when really all he did was "fall in style", it took a whole movie for Buzz to get that message that Woody & him were equals. Same thing with Flash.

LoT = The Aliens - Sorry, it just feels like a quirky buzz filled ensemble on missions. The Aliens became fan favs out of nowhere, which is sorta how I see LoT. Its just a playground for the writers to play with their favs (RP) & the audience to get back some of their favs (SL).

Edited - Because after a nap, I remembered that they were just Aliens, not Martians... Sorry for the mistake. :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

I don't know why it isn't considered that more than EBR fans not voting or her haters voting against her...it's just that CP has her own rabid and dedicated fan base.

It is considered. Who is saying that it isn't? No one. But its also highly likely that haters are voting against EBR out of spite and hate because that's just the way some petty people are. That should be considered too.

I think the point is moot though. I don't think anyone will win over the Outlander actress.

Edited by Guest

I meant as that being the only reason she's leading (or was I think). Giving these reasons could be seen as excuses..or digs against against CP (saying it isn't a dig...doesn't mean it can't be perceived as one)

No one is making digs at CP. I like her a lot thanks. I'm just saying it's possible haters are voting against EBR. How you chose to perceive that is on you. Edited by Guest