Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Nominations #1

• Start Topic

You can also tell Christine and Nicole apart because Christine is older, taller, and doesn't have Nicole's "Meatchicken" accent.  (I went to Google Maps; Ubly is in Huron county, on the "thumb" of Michigan.  It's not terribly far from Detroit.  I figured she was way up by Traverse City or something, myself.)

I wonder if we'll be getting Have Nots this year?  When would they do the competition, with BotB on Sundays and Veto on Wednesdays?  Be strange if this was the first season ever with no food restrictions/punishments.  They're not terribly interesting viewing material, but they do seem to affect the game;  I remember Britney on BBAD during BB12 doing a monologue to America, and one of the things she mentioned was that we'd be surprised how much the H/NH comps affected the hamsters.  And I know Dan was quite proud of the fact that, besides his 17-0 "perfect season" vote record in BB10, he never was on slop.  I hate to lose any element that makes the game strategic for the whole house, even if moments like BBC1's Gary curling in a ball and weeping over being made a Have Not are rather rare.

Of course, I suppose it might be funny if the HGs just assume we're never getting Have Nots, and then, once the dual HoH/BotB twist is canceled (F10? F8?), all of a sudden, half of them are eating slop every week.  Wait and see, I suppose.

Is anyone else worried that Devin has screwed over Christine and Amber by inviting them into the Bomb Squad?  If I was one of the other guys I wouldn't just be pissed at Devin, I would paint Christine and Amber with the same brush unless they were able to do some serious damage control.  No one likes pushy people and for all they know Christine and Amber pressured Devin to spill all their secrets.

I may be reading too much into it, but I definitely cringed on Christine and Amber's behalf when he insisted they go up to talk to Caleb.

It could play out a few ways, but no matter what Devin and his stupid ass instantly doomed that Bomb Squad alliance.  First and foremost, he put himself in the dispensable column.  That could go down with an alliance simply using him as a goat when they need one, or with them using him to be the hatchetman to backstab the two girls when they need to.  Of course, at any given moment they'll suspect and probably accuse the girls of building their own alliance. And really if I were those girls I'd almost HAVE to actually do that, because they'll never be on the inside of the Bomb Squad, and never be all that trusted by the other people in the game when the alliance is inevitably outed, if THEY aren't the ones to do so. Meanwhile I'm supposing that the Bomb Squad is effectively going to work (if it doesn't just instantly dissolve) as a core alliance within a larger one, with the girls and now dumbass Devin on the outside, but Devin at least believing he's still in the core alliance (because he's stupid enough to actually believe that).

I hate the new nom.procedure. it's so anticlimactic compared to previous seasons where one by one, it's revealed who is safe. 

As for the twist, half the time I feel like TO TV are making up the rules as it goes along. 

Lastly, isit just me, or does Chenbot seem more animated and lively?

It would have been so freaking funny if Amber and Christine would have told Devin "No Thanks" after he spilled his guts about the Bomb Squad.

He was very presumptuous about it, as if everyone would just jump at the chance to be part of their amazing alliance.

He was very presumptuous about it, as if everyone would just jump at the chance to be part of their amazing alliance.

They should jump at the chance.  With the apparent lack of brainpower and overabundance of muscles on the mens alliance those girls could control the alliance in no time.

New CPU maybe?

I think her hosting gig on The Talk has helped her loosen up and become more engaging with an audience.  Honestly, I started to notice this a season or two after she started on The Talk.  I almost wish for the super-stilted Chenbot back just because it was so funny to mock, but I think they've definitely upgraded her personality chip the past few years.

• Love 2

I apologize in advance for this dumb question:  The Live Feeds thread is tagged "spoilers."  Does this mean spoilers in the sense of, "Reality Steve says this person is the winner,"  or just, "This challenge is happening now but hasn't aired on the show yet?" 

I apologize in advance for this dumb question: The Live Feeds thread is tagged "spoilers." Does this mean spoilers in the sense of, "Reality Steve says this person is the winner," or just, "This challenge is happening now but hasn't aired on the show yet?"

The second one. :) Folks with the live feeds discussing things which may not have aired yet, or may never make it to the air at all.

• Love 2

I apologize in advance for this dumb question:  The Live Feeds thread is tagged "spoilers."  Does this mean spoilers in the sense of, "Reality Steve says this person is the winner,"  or just, "This challenge is happening now but hasn't aired on the show yet?" 

The latter. If it hasn't aired on the show yet, it's considered a spoiler.

• Love 1

I hate the new nom.procedure. it's so anticlimactic compared to previous seasons where one by one, it's revealed who is safe. 

I also don't like that they didn't announce the nominees' names as they revealed the picture. Aside from the fact that this early in the season I am still matching names with faces, it made for an odd dead air moment. 

Just managed to catch up on the episodes.  My husband and I were flabbergasted that Devin just went randomly and pulled in two of the ladies and belched out all the details of the Bomb Squad.  What the heck? 

Then in trying to justify it to Caleb he said that those all male alliances never work.  WHAT?  Has he ever watched Big Brother?  There have been a bunch of winners from those kinds of alliances.  Devin is a crazy idiot.  And I told hubby that Bomb Squad would be better off splitting from him and pretending to work with him whilst having their own alliance without him. 

I know he's supposed to be a douche as reported here, but I just find Caleb so gorgeous.  Oh well. 

I love Christine and the other lady.  I hope those two make it to the final episode!  And Donny is so sweet.  He and Christine and the one whose name I can't remember would be a great final 3.  :)