Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Games: Season 2

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, deaja said:

I don't think I fully understand how to play. 

This is actually a requirement of playing.  Anyone who fully understands how to play has to either a) host it or b) get the fuck out. 

• LOL 1
39 minutes ago, Drogo said:

This is actually a requirement of playing.  Anyone who fully understands how to play has to either a) host it or b) get the fuck out. 

I clearly satisfy the requirements so count me in.

1. The Crazed Spruce
  2. meet trouble
  3. aquarian1
  4. Drogo
  5. MarkHB
  6. Lady Calypso
  7. JTMacc99
  • Love 2

Another group of 9.  Perfect.  That means it'll be the exact same mix of roles as last time.  But there will be one minor rule change.  It mostly affects the Dastardly Trio, but a couple of other roles are somewhat affected.

To start, the number of unclaimed roles is now 4.  The 4th (to be called D, for Dastardly) starts out as a Villain for sure, and will be the role the Temptress can give to another player...assuming she's in play to begin with.  Any other roles that can interact with the unclaimed roles will now have the option to interact with D as well as the other three (A, B, and C.)    I did not include this rule in the first game as I wanted to ease everyone into the game.  But now that we're cooking, time to turn up the heat a little.

So here's the rules again, with the changes in bold.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:26 AM, SVNBob said:
  1. The Dastardly Trio go first, in a semi-co-ordinated effort.  They all know at least some of what the others do.
    1. The Temptress (if present) can choose any other player and turn them into another Villain.  She does not get to find out which hero they were in the process.
    2. Dr. Peeker (if present) may secretly look at the role of any other player.
    3. The Rapscallion (if present) may secretly look at one of the unclaimed roles.
    4. Henchman #7 (if present) is considered part of the Trio, but has no powers.
  2. The Evil-ometer detects villainy nearby (either directly above or below on the list of players (with wrapping).  Not exactly who, but will know the proximity.  The Dastardly Trio will find out who the Evil-ometer is as she does this.
  3. The Annoying Lad annoys one of their neighbors (either directly above or below on the list of players (with wrapping), as proof of his heroic identity.  The person "annoyed" will know that they were annoyed, but not which of their neighbors for sure did the annoying.
  4. The Detector uses her electromagnetic detection field to determine the role of either one other player, or any two of the unclaimed roles.
  5. Role Retriever retrieves the role of another player.  The other player is now the Role Retriever, and the former Retriever can now see their new role (but they do not get to act as that new role.)
  6. Voodoo Lou does the voodoo that he do so well.  He may look at one of the unclaimed roles.  If he does, he has to give that role to any player, including himself.
  7. Switcheroo may blindly swap the role of any two players other than himself.
  8. Self-Awareness Girl checks her role at the end of the night, so she is aware of who she actually is.

There are two roles in this first game that do not wake during the Night.  And it so happens that they are their own factions.

• The Mad Scientist did... "something" "terrible".  He wants to be caught (for redemption), and will only win if that happens.  If he wins, the Heroes and Villains both lose.
  • Family Man wins if none of the members of his family, including himself, are caught.  The other members of the family may be any number on either side of Family Man on the player list (including wrapping), and of any other faction.  Who the family is in relation to the Family Man's position will be public knowledge.  Family Man can win with SCOOP, the Trio, or the Mad Scientist, depending on the final composition of the family. 

PMs will start coming out soon.

• Love 2

Ok, true believers.  All Night actions are complete.

The Dastardly Trio have finished their plans and are now trying to evade capture.  Meanwhile, the members of SCOOP are attempting to locate and capture at least one of the Trio. 

Meanwhile, the Mad Scientist zigged when they should have zagged.  Since actions have consequences, now whatever happens in Canada is somewhat relevant to the rest of the world.  This has led to the Mad Scientist wanting to be captured for the sake of humanity.

Meanwhile, the Family Man just wants his entire family to stay out of all this nonsense.  The Family Man's family consists of him and the 4 players below him on the roster.

• The Crazed Spruce
  • meet trouble
  • aquarian1
  • Drogo
  • MarkHB
  • Lady Calypso
  • JTMacc99
  • CuriousParker
  • deaja

With that, Day has begun.  No set time limit at the moment.  But if the action stalls out, I will set one.  Until then, have at each other!

Excelsior!

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

So, did anyone see anything?  Self-Awareness Girl, where are you?

Depending on what Switcheroo has to say for himself, I know the identity of one person and will assume that person will not end up being the henchman.  (Unless there is some sort of switch, then henchmen, order of operations that I have yet to understand.)

26 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I didn't sleep so good.  Which one of you shnitzels took my pillow? 

?

23 hours ago, SVNBob said:

There are two roles in this first game that do not wake during the Night. 

So not the Family Man or Mad Scientist (who sleep through the night)? 

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Did you learn anything?

Did you learn anything?

Did you learn anything?

Did you learn anything?

Did you learn anything?

Did you learn anything?

Did you learn anything?

Did you?

Did you?

Did you?

Did you?

Did you?

Did you?

• Useful 1

Okay, so we’ve heard from six of the nine. Nobody in that bunch has indicated that they were self awareness girl or switcheroo, which I am assuming they would have done if they were. 

Of the three silent types, I know that one of them was neither of those two roles, being Trio and all. 

Which means that it seems like odds are pretty good that at least one of those roles might not be active. Right? 

4 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

So are you still self awareness girl?

Funny story about that. 

I may be the least self-aware Self Awareness Girl we've ever had in a one night game. 

11392486.gif

But I know ^one of you^ is Switcheroo, or Switcheroo isn't in play.  

Here's what we "know", I think:

Spruce = Annoying Lad

Meet Trouble = Self Awareness Girl

Drogo = Self Awareness Girl, Role Retriever, or Voodoo Lou

LC = Detector

6 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Of the three silent types, I know that one of them was neither of those two roles, being Trio and all. 

JT = Trio???  I can't imagine that's what you meant but that's how I read it.

4 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

LC = Detector

11 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

JT = Trio???  I can't imagine that's what you meant but that's how I read it.

JT: Detector

LC: Trio (specifically Rapscallion which is in line with her knowing at least one role, an unclaimed one per her power.) 

I figured it would make sense to detect someone next to me since there were other powers that apply to neighbors. Might shed some light on things for me if I were annoyed for example. 

I have no idea if either of us are still those two things. 

I do think if the Switcheroony is in play, now would be a good time to speak up. 

Also, if a Vote on LC works for the Family Guy, that would be nice to know at this point. 

2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

JT: Detector

LC: Trio (specifically Rapscallion which is in line with her knowing at least one role, an unclaimed one per her power.) 

I figured it would make sense to detect someone next to me since there were other powers that apply to neighbors. Might shed some light on things for me if I were annoyed for example. 

I have no idea if either of us are still those two things. 

I do think if the Switcheroony is in play, now would be a good time to speak up. 

Also, if a Vote on LC works for the Family Guy, that would be nice to know at this point. 

Wait, I'm not a Rapscallion. I like magic, not rapscalliony things (is rapscalliony even a word?)

I mean, at least I WAS a magical being at some point. I think I still am? But who knows, maybe something happened, but I definitely WAS doing some magic. 

14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Wait, I'm not a Rapscallion. I like magic, not rapscalliony things (is rapscalliony even a word?)

I mean, at least I WAS a magical being at some point. I think I still am? But who knows, maybe something happened, but I definitely WAS doing some magic. 

giphy.gif

• Love 1

All I know for sure is that when my high powered detection field passed over Lady Calypso, it exhausted its power and returned the result of Super Villain Rapscallion.

If anybody has information about whatever other magic is in play that might have made that result inaccurate, or no longer accurate, let's hear about it.

49 minutes ago, deaja said:

So are we supposed to say who we are or are you guys just playing around?  I really still am lost.

That is a fine question I haven't quite figured out myself either. But I did eventually come to the conclusion that if I went ahead and coughed up my truths, it could give everybody else who knows something a starting point. Basically I'm like one of these goats; I'm jumping in and will figure out if that was a good idea later.

goats.gif

52 minutes ago, meet trouble said:

Well, I think I know that my "neighbors" aren't part of the Trio. At least they weren't when I got up to close the window. After that, one of them started tossing pebbles at said window in order to get on my nerves.

That's a claim for Evil-o-Meter, then.  Methinks Switcherooni isn't in play. 

• The Crazed Spruce -> Annoying Lad
  • meet trouble -> Evil-o-Meter
  • aquarian1 -> ?  "knows nothing"
  • Drogo -> Role Retriever -> Self Awareness Girl
  • MarkHB -> ?
  • Lady Calypso ->Rapscallion according to JTM (explains why she knows Voodoo Lou wasn't in play and a safe claim) 
  • JTMacc99 -> Detector
  • CuriousParker -> ? needs to know what Switcheroo did before saying anything else/possibly Family Man
  • deaja -> Self Awareness Girl -> Role Retriever

1 to DL LadyCalypso (Drogo)

• Love 1

@Drogo, help me out here. Should we be assuming from the story that BOTH the family guy and mad scientist are in play, or can they also be an empty role?

Because if they’re both in play, your list doesn’t add up. You’ve got five good guys, plus FG and MS = 7

There are 13 possible roles and 9 players, so I believe it's possible Switcheroo, Family Guy, MadScientist and Voodoo Lou (who Rap saw) are all out of play? 

Well no, actually 12 possible roles, right?

Because doesn't Henchman #7 only exist if he gets turned into it by the Temptress? 

On 10/7/2019 at 3:29 PM, Drogo said:

SEE I TOLD YOU SO

On 10/8/2019 at 9:07 AM, SVNBob said:

The Dastardly Trio go first, in a semi-co-ordinated effort.  They all know at least some of what the others do.

1. The Temptress (if present) can choose any other player and turn them into another Villain.  She does not get to find out which hero they were in the process.
  2. Dr. Peeker (if present) may secretly look at the role of any other player.
  3. The Rapscallion (if present) may secretly look at one of the unclaimed roles.
  4. Henchman #7 (if present) is considered part of the Trio, but has no powers.

The Temptress doesn't have to exist, but we do need a full three to comprise a Dastardly Trio.  Which would mean that Henchman #7, powerless as he his, could exist from the start.

And if that's the case, nobody else got turned into a Henchmen this game. 

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I believe it's possible Switcheroo, Family Guy, MadScientist and Voodoo Lou (who Rap saw) are all out of play? 

Unlike all of the other roles, at no point did SVNBob say that FM or MS were in the "If Present" group.  So I think they're almost definitely in play.

So my theory building off of what @Drogo threw out here:

What I have to at this point assume are the closest things we have to facts:

• The Crazed Spruce -> Annoying Lad
  • Drogo -> Role Retriever -> Self Awareness Girl
  • Lady Calypso ->Rapscallion according to JTM (explains why she knows Voodoo Lou wasn't in play and a safe claim) 
  • JTMacc99 -> Detector
  • deaja -> Self Awareness Girl -> Role Retriever

So that's four of the good guy roles and one of the trio.

Which leaves these four, two of whom are trio and the other two MS and FM

• meet trouble
  • aquarian1
  • MarkHB  
  • CuriousParker

2 to DL LadyCalypso (Drogo, JTMacc99)

If the Family Man doesn't like that vote, now would be a good time to pick somebody else who fits his win scenario. Picking from the four, you'll either hit a Trio or the Mad Scientist, who really should be locked up anyway.