Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Games: Season 2

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Wouldn't be trying to take the hit for the wolves, now, would you?

@SilverStormm, you sure CP's the Minion?

Not 100% sure but her gameplay was strange/nonsensical enough imo to make it quite likely. Methinks JTMacc is attempting the old double-bluff move - noice.

The fact that none of the 3 I mentioned had already come forward to hint or claim Robber/Insomniac when that info would only have helped the Village makes them seem more wolfy. 

I say we wait for A1 to come up with the goods now she knows she's one of us. ^Welcomes A1 into the fold warmly^ 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JTMacc99 said:

I'm a bad guy.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Wouldn't be trying to take the hit for the wolves, now, would you?

giphy.gif

Let's not fall victim to one of the classic blunders.  The Minion won't typically come out and say "I'm a bad guy" - but someone who wants us to believe they're a Minion (say... a Wolf) might, so that we don't DL because we think they're a minion.  CP is definitely coming off more minion-y.  

Town's best bet to snag a bad and avoid a minion landmine is to hear what @aquarian1 has to say about how she started the evening.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

Because the way I see it, there are four wolves and a minion running around right now. One of whom doesn't know he's a wolf yet, one who accidentally turned him or herself into a wolf, and one of whom we haven't heard from at all. 

Which one are you? 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

How have we ruled out @meet trouble as anything?

Because I'm such a sweetheart?

Guys, and especially @SVNBob, I'm so sorry!! m. caprice's nephew is staying with us for two weeks, and right after I got my PM from Bob, m. caprice took us to Chicago overnight and I completely blanked, leaving my electronics at home.

Okay, so, I started out as the Robber and paid a visit to our former witch. Sorry, Mark love, DLing me, as far as I know, isn't going to help.

Y'know, the odds that I picked two wolves are a bit greater than we realized.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:45 AM, SVNBob said:

The Paranormal Investigator may investigate up to two other players.  However, if he locates anyone that is not a villager (any Wolf or the Minion), he becomes that role and loses any remaining action he might have.

So if @Drogo investigated a wolf, he'd automatically become one. And since he's and investigator, he'd know he was turned into a wolf. And since my action comes after his, he'd still be a wolf when I switched his role with @MarkHB. Maybe Mark's even the one who turned him. It would explain why both he and @aquarian1 are so insistent that they're both vanilla villagers, even though there's only one VV slot left.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I already told you, like 5 times  I was a villager.  I don't know why you don't believe me, but that's what I am/was.

Interesting development. Well, I believe you. Something about your emphatic-ness rings true.

As you and MarkHB are now both in the same boat - he must be the one who is lying. Because I know for a fact that only 1 player started as a vanilla villager, it throws a whole heap of shade onto MarkHB's claim. The pertinent (and perhaps most important) question here is why would someone continue to lie after being told they'd been swapped? There's only one logical conclusion - hmm, I believe it wise to keep that theory to myself, for now. @The Crazed Spruce - hammer meet nailed it (although the possibility exists that Drogo got bitten but either way he got turned). 

@JTMacc99 

giphy.gif

Not even a little bit. You'd like us to believe you're minion-y but 1. You left it too late to make that play and 2. CP already staked her claim on that trophy. 10/10 for trying though. If I didn't believe that MarkHB is a big ole lying liar who lies I'd be on your DL like Dean on pie.

1 to DL MarkHB (Silver

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

10/10 for trying though

I noticed that I cast enough doubt that you didn’t DL me. Or CP. 

Here is the way I see it. If you’re a wolf, and the village is clearly going to get there after they stop picking on poor @aquarian1, it’s in our best interest to act like minion. 

As minion, it doesn’t seem like a good way to save your masters by announcing you are minion, at least not right away. Which is what CP curiously did. I think CP is the real robber...

1 to DL JTMacc (Drogo)
2 to DL MarkHB (Silver,Spruce)
2 to DL meet trouble (MarkHB, JTMacc)

Also, @Drogo, look closely at this photo:

1257F319-28B3-4EC6-B369-43BF7D55FA64.gif

30 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

I noticed that I cast enough doubt that you didn’t DL me. Or CP. 

For the reasons I stated. I believe MarkHB is the better target and were it not for his glaring shadiness, I'd have 100% joined your DL with no qualms. Why would I DL the player who I'm sure is the minion aka CP though?? lol.

33 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Here is the way I see it. If you’re a wolf, and the village is clearly going to get there after they stop picking on poor @aquarian1, it’s in our best interest to act like minion. 

Doing so after you've been put in the wolfy pile (and after the real minion has been called out) isn't convincing. It was always worth a shot tho hence my 10/10 for effort.

35 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

As minion, it doesn’t seem like a good way to save your masters by announcing you are minion, at least not right away. Which is what CP curiously did. I think CP is the real robber...

Nah, knowing CP, if she were the Robber she'd have stated longggggg before now who she'd robbed to help the village with their investigations. Her continued silence on that speaks volumes as did her coy-ness when called on it. I happen to believe @meet trouble's reasoning; it's very her and non-gameplay-y. (Hey gurl!).

38 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Also, @Drogo, look closely at this photo:

For all the good it'll do the pack. Besides, I hear wolves make pretty good pets. #HouseStark #DirewolvesRAwesome #AdoptAWolfDay

@meet trouble @saoirse @Lady Calypso  to make the village safe again join the MarkHB DL.

Wolves:

• MarkHB
  • JTMacc
  • Drogo

Minion:

• CP

That's four on team wolf, meaning only six of us are true villagers and need to rid our happy hamlet of these furry predators!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

Nah, knowing CP, if she were the Robber she'd have stated longggggg before now who she'd robbed to help the village with their investigations. Her continued silence on that speaks volumes as did her coy-ness when called on it.

I agree.  I've said it before and I'll say it again..... I was not being coy and I was not silent.  Geez.

1 to DL JTMacc (Drogo)
3 to DL MarkHB (Silver,Spruce, a1)

1 to DL Drogo (CP)

On 10/29/2019 at 7:07 PM, The Crazed Spruce said:

Whatever @Drogo's role was, I'm guessing he figured out that I'm the troublemaker. Which would mean that he was either the Mystic Wolf, the Seer, the Paranormal Investigator, or the Robber. And judging by the order, if he was the Robber, I wouldn't have gotten to use my ability. I'm leaning heavily towards PI because he called out two roles, meaning he investigated two of us.

Are you sure that's how it works? That the Robber actually takes away somebody's ability if they hit that person before he or she acts?

Well, I can say I am rightfully confused. I still don't know WHAT my current role is so that makes it really difficult to jump on a lynch right off the bat. 

Before I do jump on any lynch, I do need to reread everything and need to hear more discussions being had. 

Though, because my role is connected to whatever @aquarian1 was, if she WAS a wolf, she knows she's the Thing now, which means that she could technically expose who the Wolves are/were and since she hasn't, I lean toward her being the Villager, which means now I'm the Villager.

I don't think I'm overthinking that, but if anyone wants to confirm my theory so that I know I'm on the right track, that'll help me figure out my role in all of this. 

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Well, I can say I am rightfully confused. I still don't know WHAT my current role is so that makes it really difficult to jump on a lynch right off the bat. 

Before I do jump on any lynch, I do need to reread everything and need to hear more discussions being had. 

Though, because my role is connected to whatever @aquarian1 was, if she WAS a wolf, she knows she's the Thing now, which means that she could technically expose who the Wolves are/were and since she hasn't, I lean toward her being the Villager, which means now I'm the Villager.

I don't think I'm overthinking that, but if anyone wants to confirm my theory so that I know I'm on the right track, that'll help me figure out my role in all of this. 

Yes, you are correct. You're now a vanilla villager.

4 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

For the reasons I stated. I believe MarkHB is the better target and were it not for his glaring shadiness, I'd have 100% joined your DL with no qualms. Why would I DL the player who I'm sure is the minion aka CP though?? lol.

Doing so after you've been put in the wolfy pile (and after the real minion has been called out) isn't convincing. It was always worth a shot tho hence my 10/10 for effort.

Nah, knowing CP, if she were the Robber she'd have stated longggggg before now who she'd robbed to help the village with their investigations. Her continued silence on that speaks volumes as did her coy-ness when called on it. I happen to believe @meet trouble's reasoning; it's very her and non-gameplay-y. (Hey gurl!).

For all the good it'll do the pack. Besides, I hear wolves make pretty good pets. #HouseStark #DirewolvesRAwesome #AdoptAWolfDay

@meet trouble @saoirse @Lady Calypso  to make the village safe again join the MarkHB DL.

Wolves:

• MarkHB
  • JTMacc
  • Drogo

Minion:

• CP

That's four on team wolf, meaning only six of us are true villagers and need to rid our happy hamlet of these furry predators!

(After adding italics) Hey, yourself! Thank you for recognizing my boneheadedness.

2 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

I agree.  I've said it before and I'll say it again..... I was not being coy and I was not silent.  Geez.

1 to DL JTMacc (Drogo)
3 to DL MarkHB (Silver,Spruce, a1)

1 to DL Drogo (CP)

I believe you, CP. I re-read everything this morning and never once saw you trying to say that you started the game as The Robber. That was me.

I'm liking this vote and only wish that @SilverStormm was actually "Blue" because I had three Blue Spruces planted in my backyard late this summer. So....

1 to DL JTMacc (Drogo)

4 to DL MarkHB (Silver, Spruce, a1, meet trouble)

2 to DL meet trouble (MarkHB, JTMacc)

1 to DL Drogo (CP)

• Love 2

So just to be clear, we have no reason to believe @aquarian1 over @MarkHB re: villager claim... but because she's "emphatic" we're going to put the whole game on her claim- the one that came so long after Mark's?  A1 shows up and says "Nope I'm the villager, and conveniently enough I know nothing that can help you or that can prove this because we villagers know nothing, and it must be that the Troublemaker just happened to swap the Alpha Wolf with the one player out of ten he converted to wolfism"...?  Or are we just doing everything @SilverStormm tells us to do?  

More plausible: silent-until-necessary mt was the Alpha and brought someone over (who can remain nameless since Silver has already targeted a villager and she doesn't need help garnering a majority vote) and A1 was the Dreamwolf and told the truth about sleeping all night but doesn't know who her allies are (making LC the Dreamwolf now due to Drunk's swap and A1 useless at helping us identify her former allies.) Since I give @meet trouble a lot more credit than Silver does, I'm going to give her a 10/10 for staying in the shade until she knew just which role was left in the unclaimed pile. 

JT  is minionizing, but he's joined a DL.. why?  What kind of dummy minion would join a DL, that would make everyone else think twice about joining it!  Oh right he joined specifically to keep us off of it.. so I'll join that one. 

5 to DL MarkHB (Silver, Spruce, a1, meet trouble, LC)

3 to DL meet trouble (MarkHB, JTMacc, Drogo)

1 to DL Drogo (CP)

I'm not going to be the one to put a nail in a villager's coffin.  

• LOL 1
32 minutes ago, Drogo said:

So just to be clear, we have no reason to believe @aquarian1 over @MarkHB re: villager claim... but because she's "emphatic" we're going to put the whole game on her claim- the one that came so long after Mark's?  A1 shows up and says "Nope I'm the villager, and conveniently enough I know nothing that can help you or that can prove this because we villagers know nothing, and it must be that the Troublemaker just happened to swap the Alpha Wolf with the one player out of ten he converted to wolfism"...?  Or are we just doing everything @SilverStormm tells us to do?  

More plausible: silent-until-necessary mt was the Alpha and brought someone over (who can remain nameless since Silver has already targeted a villager and she doesn't need help garnering a majority vote) and A1 was the Dreamwolf and told the truth about sleeping all night but doesn't know who her allies are (making LC the Dreamwolf now due to Drunk's swap and A1 useless at helping us identify her former allies.) Since I give @meet trouble a lot more credit than Silver does, I'm going to give her a 10/10 for staying in the shade until she knew just which role was left in the unclaimed pile. 

JT  is minionizing, but he's joined a DL.. why?  What kind of dummy minion would join a DL, that would make everyone else think twice about joining it!  Oh right he joined specifically to keep us off of it.. so I'll join that one. 

5 to DL MarkHB (Silver, Spruce, a1, meet trouble, LC)

1 to DL Drogo (CP)

I'm not going to be the one to put a nail in a villager's coffin.  

Precisely.

I appear to be the only one who has not yet voted, and I see compelling arguments coming from everyone.  Anyone inclined to change their vote? Make any other arguments? I’m just sitting here home bound in five plus inches of snow on freaking HALLOWEEN!!! I’ll be re reading the arguments and casting a vote shortly...

Nice try, Mark and drogo - but I claimed villager from my very first post.  Long before Mark did.  I even do it again, before Mark's first claim.  So twice before he says anything.  I wasn't kidding when I said I had claimed it like 5 times.   The only role that does nothing and knows nothing is plain vanilla villager.  And it was you trying to deflect that from the get-go.  

@Drogo & @MarkHB Trying to cloud what should be obvious to all. Zero to do with doing whatever ^I^ say and everything to do with solid logic. MarkHB has been quiet and almost coasted on by while @aquarian1 was put under pressure. Also, if we ever needed confirmation that A1 is GOOD, may I present:

8 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Which is as good as a wolf confirming A1 is one of the good guys. Thank you and goodnight, case closed.

Don't be swayed by such limp lettuce posturing fellow villagers, stay fast and we'll win the day!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:
8 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Which is as good as a wolf confirming A1 is one of the good guys. Thank you and goodnight, case closed.

Or as good as covering for a former Dreamwolf, so we don't go after her replacement/his new teammate @Lady Calypso.  (The Dreamwolf doesn't know who the other wolves and Minion are, but they know who the Dreamwolf is.) 

*Case re-opened, escalated to Supreme Court.*

Remember, everyone- @SilverStormm doesn't know who's telling the truth about being a villager- all she knows for sure is 2 of the unclaimed roles early in the game. Her posts are very convincing, yes, but she doesn't know any more than the rest of us. 

Decide for yourselves whether you trust @MarkHB or @aquarian1.  

21 minutes ago, saoirse said:

once the last vote is cast, the game ends?

Normally, yes.  But given the amount of discussion still going on, I will allow a window of time after you cast your vote for anyone to change their minds before I call the vote as finalized.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

Normally, yes.  But given the amount of discussion still going on, I will allow a window of time after you cast your vote for anyone to change their minds before I call the vote as finalized.

Thank you!

37 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Done. 

6 to DL MarkHB (Silver, Spruce, a1, meet trouble, LC, saoirse)

1 to DL Drogo (CP)

• Love 1

As long as you're in the neighborhood @SVNBob, would you mind answering my question about The Robber?

6 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Are you sure that's how it works? That the Robber actually takes away somebody's ability if they hit that person before he or she acts?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, JTMacc99 said:

the Robber actually takes away somebody's ability if they hit that person before he or she acts?

Not true.  The Robber's victim does not know they were robbed, so they still act as their original role.   This also applies to all other powers that alter another player's role.

• Love 1

Some funny thoughts.

Isn't it funny how @Drogo was super *N'Sync with me right up until the moment he discovered he'd been bitten/turned...

Even funnier, we know either Mark or A1 is bad bc one is a liar (evidence points to Mark, see my and Spruce's previous posts) - yet... instead of going with the rest of the village Drogo is now on the DL with the wolves....

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Yet you chose neither. Lolz.

Funny that. 🤔 🤣

*I guess it's

giphy.gif

• LOL 1

Silver is now obviously pretending to be the Minion, because who else would be so obviously evil as to post an NSync gif?

All of you Dlynching me are obviously bamboozled. Switch while it's not too late!

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Isn't it funny how @Drogo was super *N'Sync with me right up until the moment he discovered he'd been bitten/turned...

I find it decidedly unfunny since I divulged the very important information I had to help village and in the process LEFT MYSELF NO ESCAPE PLAN. 

tumblr_loavdvHlgz1qatdza.gif

8 hour window with no further movement seems like enough.  So the votes are now finalized at:

• 6 to DL MarkHB (Silver, Spruce, a1, meet trouble, LC, saoirse)
  • 3 to DL meet trouble (MarkHB, JTMacc, Drogo)
  • 1 to DL Drogo (CP)

Which means that Mark has been DL'd.  And in the end he was...

dream-wolf_400x.png?v=1567511595

the Dream Wolf!

Congratulations to Team Village!

• Silver the Seer
  • Spruce the Troublemaker
  • a1 the Thing
  • meet trouble the Witch
  • LC the Villager
  • saoirse the Robber

Recap of events to come.

• Love 6
  • Wolf pack Mark and JT met up at their lair.  Both were awake at the time.
  • Alpha Mark snuck back to the village and bit Drogo, making him the Dream Wolf.  He then snuck back to the lair and took a nap.
  • Meanwhile, Mystic Wolf JT scryed on aquarian1, finding she was a Villager.  He then also took a nap.
  • Minion CP crept into the lair and discovered the recumbent forms of Mark and JT.
  • The Thing bumped no-one in the Night, as they were Role A.
  • Seer Silver scryed on roles A and B, seeing said Thing and one of two Villagers.
  • P.I. Drogo investigated Silver and found she was the Seer.  He then investigated Lady Calypso and found she was the Drunk.  He avoided transforming himself under his own power...not that it mattered.
  • Robber meet trouble stole from saoirse, becoming the Witch.
    • Moderator Bob bit his tongue.
  • Witch saoirse viewed role A, and turned aquarian1 into that Thing.
  • Troublemaker Spruce swapped Mark and Drogo, turning the Dreamer into the Alpha and vice versa.
  • Drunk LC remembered she was Role A, but was still too hungover  to know she was a Villager.
  • The Insomniac actually slept all night, since that was Role C.
  • Villager aquarian1 also slept all night, not aware she had become some Thing until later in the Day.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3