Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Games: Season 2

• Start Topic

Just now, Drogo said:

The odds are good that the Family Man won't like this vote. 

Interesting.

Also, I do believe I am wrong about the MS and FG having to be in the game. But I'm not going back to edit.

In the previous game there was talk of the MS, but did anybody actually have that role? Doesn't look like it.

I don't know anything, I just noticed A1 said "like Sgt Schultz" and he had a bunch of kids. 

But say the Family Man is CP (second from the bottom) -- does her family include the one player below her then the 3 players at the top?  

1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

So my theory building off of what @Drogo threw out here:

What I have to at this point assume are the closest things we have to facts:

• The Crazed Spruce -> Annoying Lad
  • Drogo -> Role Retriever -> Self Awareness Girl
  • Lady Calypso ->Rapscallion according to JTM (explains why she knows Voodoo Lou wasn't in play and a safe claim) 
  • JTMacc99 -> Detector
  • deaja -> Self Awareness Girl -> Role Retriever

So that's four of the good guy roles and one of the trio.

Which leaves these four, two of whom are trio and the other two MS and FM

• meet trouble
  • aquarian1
  • MarkHB  
  • CuriousParker

2 to DL LadyCalypso (Drogo, JTMacc99)

If the Family Man doesn't like that vote, now would be a good time to pick somebody else who fits his win scenario. Picking from the four, you'll either hit a Trio or the Mad Scientist, who really should be locked up anyway.

So you didn't pick up on what I threw out that @Drogo did as far as I'm concerned?

51 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I don't know anything, I just noticed A1 said "like Sgt Schultz" and he had a bunch of kids. 

But say the Family Man is CP (second from the bottom) -- does her family include the one player below her then the 3 players at the top?  

Yeah, but Sgt. Schultz's big thing was "I know nothing, NOTHING!" While that's pretty much what I know about a1's character, I can say that during the Night she wasn't evil.

51 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

What do we know about meet trouble or Curious Parker?  We could DL one of them.  As long we get one of the trio, it's good, right?   

Here I am, defending you, and you want to DL me? *sigh* Go back, please, and take a look at Drogo's theory about characters. He clearly picked up what I was saying about my "neighbors."

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

p.s. MS wasn't in the last game.

Right. Which is why I'm back on the confused train.

4 minutes ago, meet trouble said:

So you didn't pick up on what I threw out that @Drogo did as far as I'm concerned?

I did, and now that I'm no longer on my "there HAS to be a MS and a FM in this game", I think it's fair to slide you back into the known people as the Evil-ometer.

Which narrows down my list of unknown to three, two of which I am assuming are Dastardly Trio.

And none of my speculation changes the one thing I do know, and that is that when I fired off my detector power, LC was a bad guy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

(italics mine) The rules do say that we have wrappage on these, so yes, CP's alleged family would include the three players at the top. HOWEVER, and this is important, I'm not a Family member and Spruce has thrown a boulder in the lake as what is likely a move as Annoying Lad.

6 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

And none of my speculation changes the one thing I do know, and that is that when I fired off my detector power, LC was a bad guy.

And since Switcheroo doesn't seem to be hanging out and she wasn't role-retrieved, she probably is.  

Just now, meet trouble said:

he rules do say that we have wrappage on these, so yes, CP's alleged family would include the three players at the top. HOWEVER, and this is important, I'm not a Family member

I don't think Family Members know they're family members.  Only the Family Man knows who his family is, and that's only before night falls. 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I don't think Family Members know they're family members.  Only the Family Man knows who his family is, and that's only before night falls. 

That's a good point. I might not know if I've been switched or recruited, or whatever. That's uncomfortable.

Anywho, since TJ appears pretty certain about LC:

3 to DL LadyCalypso (Drogo, TJ, trouble)

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

Hey!

You know what?

You know what?

You know what?

You know what?

You know what?

You know what?

You know what?

Makes sense to me.

4 to DL LadyCalypso (Drogo, TJ, trouble, Spruce)

*plays the kazoo while banging pots together on the way out the door*

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

If anyone switched me they haven't said so.  So I am going to be bold here.  Early on someone said 2 roles sleep well - Annoying and FM.  I said I slept well.  I also said I don't want to DL LC. And yet you keep insisting CP would be the FM?  Pfftt...

I will protect my family at all costs.  My vote is for sale.  I will join any DL that does not include family.  Whether that gets a hero or villain, I don't care.
Heroes: pick someone else and I will join.
OR Villains: given the alignments, I think that would be TCS (since I won't vote family and villains won't vote another villain).  

40 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Early on someone said 2 roles sleep well - Annoying and FM. 

Annoying Lad wakes up to annoy. Mad Scientist and Family Man sleep all night. 

Basically you'll only vote for CP with town or TCS with bads?

Don't vote for me.  I'm not sure why we just trust what JT is throwing out about LC being a part of the Trio, other than Drogo agreeing with JT.  Drogo is very, very good at making sense even when he's being less than truthful. 

10 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Annoying Lad wakes up to annoy. Mad Scientist and Family Man sleep all night. 

Basically you'll only vote for CP with town or TCS with bads?

I knew it was someone else besides me - didn't feel like scrolling back 🙂 

Kind of, as a result of I won't vote for you, Mark,, JTM, or LC. 

5 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

I did, and now that I'm no longer on my "there HAS to be a MS and a FM in this game", I think it's fair to slide you back into the known people as the Evil-ometer.

If there are 9 players, there are probably 12 cards in the deck... so 3 are randomly left out at the start of the game. Imagine we're all sitting around a table and each of us gets 1 card, and the other 3 go face down in the middle of the table, unclaimed.

2 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Kind of, as a result of I won't vote for you, Mark,, JTM, or LC. 

So CP then?

4 to DL LadyCalypso (Drogo, TJ, trouble, Spruce)

1 to DL CuriousParker (MarkHB)

There's been a few questions about this, so I should probably clarify something.  Sorry I wasn't as clear as I thought I was.

3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

If there are 9 players, there are probably 12 cards in the deck... so 3 are randomly left out at the start of the game.  Imagine we're all sitting around a table and each of us gets 1 card, and the other 3 go face down in the middle of the table, unclaimed.

To expand on Mark's analogy:  There's actually thirteen cards in the deck.  To start, I shuffled the 4 Villain cards separately from the rest, then drew one and set it aside for Role D (Temptress's transformative role).  I then shuffled the 3 remaining Villain cards back in with the other 9, and dealt one card to each player.  The 3 remaining cards of those 12 then went face down into the center of the table, joined by the previously selected Villain card.

Since there was a 100% chance that one of the Villains would be unclaimed at the start of the game (being Role D), but a 25% chance for any given one to be that unclaimed role, I added the "if present" part to their powers, but that was bad phrasing.    I should have said "if active", as in one of roles dealt to a player to start, and not any of the unclaimed.  All the roles listed in the rules are "present", as in they are somewhere in the game, which does include the unclaimed roles.

The randomness in the selection process does mean that the Trio could have less than three members at the start, since one or more of them could be unclaimed.   Only the starting members of the Trio (and me, of course) know their initial numbers.

• Useful 4
15 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

Don't vote for me.  I'm not sure why we just trust what JT is throwing out about LC being a part of the Trio, other than Drogo agreeing with JT.  Drogo is very, very good at making sense even when he's being less than truthful. 

I know why I trust me.

The latest explanation of how the game works probably helps me work some more stuff out. I had assumed that three people had to be Trio. 

7 hours ago, SVNBob said:

The randomness in the selection process does mean that the Trio could have less than three members at the start, since one or more of them could be unclaimed.   Only the starting members of the Trio (and me, of course) know their initial numbers.

There could only be ONE. There could also be two or three. (And now my head hurts.)

So @CuriousParker, why shouldn't I vote for you? 

Ok, I'm starting to understand now. This game's confusing (but fun).

3 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

There could only be ONE. There could also be two or three. (And now my head hurts.)

I think that's it? That there doesn't NEED to be three Villains at play? Right?

Anyway, sorry CP, but I'm being thrown to the wolves here.

3 to DL CuriousParker  (MarkHB, aquarian1, Lady Calypso)

4 to DL LadyCalypso (Drogo, JTM, trouble, Spruce)

So, at this point it's about whether we believe JTM or LC... I tend to believe JTM because he identified LC as a bad pretty early on before we'd had all the claimed roles squared away.. and if LC is bad, CP isn't because LC wouldn't be voting for her teammate.  Also sort of hinky that A1 says "I'll vote for anyone!" when there's only one player who's role is questionable that isn't in "our family."  Not exactly an "I'll vote for anyone!" when we only have only one option.  

So playing on that bit of sketchy... what if A1, LC and Mark are all bads and A1 is claiming FM because her two fellow bads would both be considered "in her family" based on the player list?  And this is a blackmail to make us vote town? 

• aquarian1
  • Drogo
  • MarkHB
  • Lady Calypso

@deaja come to the polls.  

No idea what is going on still, but

5 to DL LadyCalypso (Drogo, JTM, trouble, Spruce, deaja)

I'll laugh my ass off if A1 is the temptress and she actually turned me (the last member of her fake family she won't vote for) into a villain but then I switched with Deaja and now Deaja's a bad.  I won't believe her if she says she did, though.  

@CuriousParker where you at - people tryna kill you up in here

If you think CP is not a villain, give me another target.  I only have one criteria - not part of my family.  I'm not changing my vote until I see more options though.  My kids can be reformed, but only if they are not dead. 😛 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, aquarian1 said:

If you think CP is not a villain, give me another target.  I only have one criteria - not part of my family.  I'm not changing my vote until I see more options though.  My kids can be reformed, but only if they are not dead. 😛 

Therein lies the problem.  Here are the role claims as they were before you came in all "HELL NAW NOT MY KIDS" with unknown/villainous quantities bolded:

1. The Crazed Spruce -> Annoying Lad/Town
  2. meet trouble -> Evil-o-Meter/Town
  3. aquarian1 -> ?  
  4. Drogo -> Role Retriever -> Self Awareness Girl/Town
  5. MarkHB -> ?
  6. Lady Calypso ->Rapscallion according to JTM (explains why she knows Voodoo Lou wasn't in play and a safe claim) 
  7. JTMacc99 -> Detector/Town
  8. CuriousParker -> ? 
  9. deaja -> Self Awareness Girl -> Role Retriever/Town

You won't vote for Mark or LC because #famgoals, so you see the problem, A1... CP is the only unknown you're willing to vote for.  There are no other targets.  

1 hour ago, aquarian1 said:

I can't believe you would kill your own sister.  😄  

How different can it be from killing a brother-in-law?  

But, I would vote for anyone outside of family, it doesn't need to be an unknown.  

But... we all wouldn't.  Town doesn't want to kill a townie and lose. 

11 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

there is at least one person on the LC vote who is voting against their own interests.

Ah, here comes the part where they try to convince us they henchman-ized one of us and we should switch. 

Let's see who they think the biggest sucker is... 

bridges-for-sale-300x200.jpg

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Ah, here comes the part where they try to convince us they henchman-ized one of us and we should switch. 

Let's see who they think the biggest sucker is... 

bridges-for-sale-300x200.jpg

I do not lie. Someone should try to switch their vote.

1 hour ago, CuriousParker said:

I just wanna know when the game is going to be called as done.  I'm about to win, yo!

That's why I'm trying to remember if we need all votes cast to end it. @SVNBob howzat?

(edited)
6 hours ago, MarkHB said:

That's why I'm trying to remember if we need all votes cast to end it.

It depends on a few things, including the closeness of the vote and if the non-voters would be enough to change things.

At last check it was:

13 hours ago, deaja said:

That's fairly close.  @CuriousParker is the only one to not have voted yet.   And that vote might just matter.

But, I know y'all are also getting a little impatient, so the clock is now on.  Voting will close in 12 hours.  After that, the votes will be finalized and the person voted out will be asked to leave Tribal Coun... (sorry, went on a tangent there.)  The votes will be finalized, the target will be captured, and winners will be declared.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 2

1 to DL Drogo (CP)

I've been the hold up the entire time?  lol

The final votes are

5 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

1 to DL Drogo (CP)

which means Lady Calypso was the one captured by Shady Grove PD.  And when unmasked she was revealed to be:

ONSV_Rapscallion_2048x.png.5713ba366bcac8b6bfab5d94ba903c97.png

the Rapscallion!  With this member of the Dastardly Trio captured, the forces of SCOOP are victorious!

Congratulations to:

• Spruce (Annoying Lad)
  • Drogo (Self-Awareness Girl)
  • JTMacc99 (Detector)
  • deaja (Role Retriever)

Flashback to the Night's events forthcoming.

• Love 4

waynes world dreaming GIF

• The Dastardly Trio met up and schemed.
    • Temptress Mark brought meet trouble to the dark side as Henchman #7 (Role D.)
    • Rapscallion Lady Calypso looked at Role B, and saw Voodoo Lou.
    • Dr. Peeker did nothing, as that was Role C.
  • (Former) Evilometer meet trouble tried to detect neighboring evil and found none.  Irony.
  • Annoying Lad Spruce annoyed meet trouble, neither one knowing the danger in that...
  • Detector JTMacc99 used his high-powered detection field on Lady Calypso and found she was the Rapscallion.
  • Role Retriever Drogo retrieved deaja's role, turning him into Self-Awareness Girl.
  • Voodoo Lou and Switcheroo did nothing, as they were Roles B and A, respectively.
  • Self-Awareness Girl deaja became aware she was the Role Retriever instead.
  • Family Man aquarian1 rested fairly well, only concerned about not letting Drogo, Mark, LC, or JTMacc be captured in the morning.
  • Mad Scientist CuriousParker also rested well, after working on a plan to get herself caught.
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Drats! You caught me! I HAVE BEEN FOILED!!

But seriously, congrats. I had a whole story ready to go and then JT just happened to get on before me and foiled any chance of my story being believed. 

I was like the real life Annoying Lad, just blurting out “get her!”

• Love 1

If only that 3rd trio wasn't an unclaimed role, I might have had a fighting chance, especially since they went after LC so fast and hard.  There was no one else to deflect to.  And then couldn't split the vote very well with fewer numbers.  Of course if the henchman had flipped...  😄  It's just the luck of the draw and part of what makes this fun! 

Great game all!  Thanks for running, @SVNBob!

• Love 1