Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Games: Season 2

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Role Retriever Drogo retrieved deaja's role, turning him into Self-Awareness Girl.

Okay, now I understand how Drogo was saying with certainty who I was before I had really posted much.  

I think I kinda sorta get it.  🙂

1 hour ago, CuriousParker said:

@deaja, does it make sense now?

I figured you out at the last moment, when you voted for Drogo. You couldn't vote for yourself, and you would be voting against your own win condition to vote with the majority, so throwing your vote away was the only real choice. 

• Love 1

Thinking about it now, maybe I should have just not voted or tried to talk people, again, into switching to JT and then cast my vote.  I don't think any of that would have worked though.  I tried.

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

That may have been the first ONUW game where nobody Sharpied a **** on my face while I was sleeping...

That's because I forgot to sign up.

I actually thought I had, and was momentarily outraged...then I went back and realized I has not

• LOL 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

I’m super curious to find out if the original information I was fed as the Detector was either inaccurate or ended up being inaccurate.

The information I give you in PMs is always 100% accurate...at the time I give it to you.  The powers activate in the order listed in the rules (with the Trio all technically going simultaneously), so depending on the roles that follow yours, things may change after you get your information.

For example: If you had used the Detector power on Drogo, I would have told you he was Role Retriever; his retrieving of Self-Awareness Girl would have happened after that.  Or if someone had been Switcheroo and swapped LC 's role and another player's, that would also have happened after your Detection.

So in a One Night game, you can always trust the Mod to tell you the truth.  It's the other players you need to keep an eye on. 😜

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 4

One thing I've noticed about this version is that there aren't any generic Town, so there are far fewer safe claims for the Terrific Trio ( who are being unjustly persecuted, I may add!)

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

One thing I've noticed about this version is that there aren't any generic Town,

Innocent Bystanders? 

ONSV_InnocentBystander_2048x.png.0bf0cd027b185a39b9002d5ad01d2f37.png

They're around.  We just haven't had enough players for them to appear.

Well, that and I wanted to show off the "new" powers in the first game, and it was easier to keep the same roles/powers for the second.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Drogo said:

MS is so hard and really requires the right known/unknown player conditions to work.

You didn't have the right climate for it to work here,  @CuriousParker.

Are you saying that the Mad Scientist could possibly use a little help? 

Like, perhaps,ONSV_Intern_2048x.png.1303d5194fe8638227e172b574070be6.png

an Intern?

• Love 2
On 10/13/2019 at 2:31 AM, SVNBob said:

Innocent Bystanders? 

ONSV_InnocentBystander_2048x.png.0bf0cd027b185a39b9002d5ad01d2f37.png

They're around.  We just haven't had enough players for them to appear.

Well, that and I wanted to show off the "new" powers in the first game, and it was easier to keep the same roles/powers for the second.

George Jetson with a dad shirt and a soul patch?????  I refuse to believe there's anything innocent about this guy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Since it's going to be another week or so before the next regular game, how about another round of One Night next week?

I'll even give you a choice of theme.  We could continue with Issue #3 of SuperVillains, to stay in the mood for the Guardians game.  Or, we could celebrate the season and revisit our old "friends", the Werewolves.

• Love 1

So far:

1. CuriousParker
  2. Drogo
  3. aquarian1
  4. MarkHB
  5. Lady Calypso
  6. saoirse
  7. The Crazed Spruce
  8. JTMacc99

Keeping the sign-ups open all weekend.  PMs will probably start going out sometime on Monday. 

And if y'all are leaving it up to me...keep a close eye on the moon as you ready your silver weapons.

• Love 1
(edited)

With Silver, that makes 9 again.  I'll keep the sign-ups open while I start sending out PMs, just in case anyone else still wants to join in.

As I said, this game will be in honor of the spooky season and take us back to dealing not with Super Villains, but with Werewolves.  However, there won't be as much changing as you might think.   Most of the powers/abilities that we've seen the Super Heroes and the Dastardly Trio using do have Wolfy analogs.  (There is no Family Man analog, and the Rapscallion's power only activates for a Lone Wolf.)

While I'm shuffling up the roles, here's a reminder of the rules (along with a few key differences) listed in the order the roles will act.  (This may be subject to change, depending on which roles I picked (I don't have that list with me as I first post this) and if anyone else decides to join in.)

1. The Werewolves all meet at their lair.  Unlike the Dastardly Trio, they will not get to coordinate their efforts.  All they will do is learn who the other(s) are.  There might be a sleeping wolf at the lair, a Dreamwolf, who will not learn the identities of any other wolves.
    1. The Alpha Wolf (if active) will sneak back to town and bite another player, turning them into a Wolf without their knowledge.  This is done by swapping their role with an unclaimed Wolf role (just like the Temptress).  They will then head back to the lair. 
    2. The Mystic Wolf (if active) may scry on another player and learn their role.
  2. The Minion will sneak into the Werewolf lair and learn who the Wolves are.  His job is to help all the Wolves stay alive, even if that means getting killed himself.
  3. The Thing That Goes Bump in the Night...goes bump in the night.  Specifically, bumping the player either directly above or directly below them on the roster (with wrapping, of course.)
  4. The Seer may scry on any other player's role, or any two unclaimed roles.
  5. The Paranormal Investigator may investigate up to two other players.  However, if he locates anyone that is not a villager (any Wolf or the Minion), he becomes that role and loses any remaining action he might have.
  6. The Robber may steal another player's role.  He then learns his new role, but does not get to act again.
  7. The Witch may look at any one of the unclaimed roles.  If she does, she has to give that role to a player.  She may opt to give that role to herself if she likes.
  8. The Troublemaker may blindly swap the roles of any two other players.
  9. The Drunk blindly swaps his role for any one of the unclaimed roles.  He does not learn that new role.
  10. The Insomniac checks her role after everyone else has gone, so she will know exactly what side she is on and what she needs to do to win.
  11. The two vanilla Villagers sleep all Night.  They have no power other than their vote.  (The Dreamwolf is the Wolf equivalent of this role.)
Edited by SVNBob
Updating rules again.
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

So 13 cards in the deck?

Correct. 

And speaking of being correct, I have to correct myself.  I don't have the Thing currently in play, so no-one will be going bump in the Night.  However, if another player joins in, that will be the first role I add in.

Instead, I put the Witch.  She may opt to view any of the unclaimed roles.  If she does, she has to give that role to a player, and she can give that role to herself if she wants.  And she acts between the Robber and Troublemaker.  I have edited the rules post to reflect this.

Not too late at all.

1. CuriousParker
  2. Drogo
  3. aquarian1
  4. MarkHB
  5. Lady Calypso
  6. saoirse
  7. The Crazed Spruce
  8. JTMacc99
  9. SilverStormm
  10. meet trouble

Which now means 14 in the deck, and The Thing is back in play.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SVNBob said:

The Paranormal Investigator may investigate up to two other players.  However, if he locates anyone that is not a villager (any Wolf or the Minion), he becomes that role and loses any remaining action he might have.

So if the P.I. investigates the Alpha wolf, he becomes the Alpha Wolf. Am I correct in assuming that the Alpha Wolf then becomes the P.I. for the purposes of a DL?

3 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

So if the P.I. investigates the Alpha wolf, he becomes the Alpha Wolf. Am I correct in assuming that the Alpha Wolf then becomes the P.I. for the purposes of a DL?

Good question.

You are actually not correct.  The P.I. becomes a copy of whatever he sees; the two do not swap positions.  So in this hypothetical, for the purposes of the DL there would be two Alphas; Alpha Prime and Alpha-P.I..

Which reminds me of one more rule to remind you all of.  In the event of a tie vote (for example: both of these Alphas getting an equal number of votes, and both more than a third party), all parties involved in the tie are DL'd.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Wolves, this is your first and only opportunity to announce yourselves and we'll go easy on you.  

If you're a wolf, please raise your paw. 

Odds of at least one of the wolves no longer being a wolf seem pretty high (and former good people now being wolves also high) if I went through the possibilities correctly. 

Depending on what roles exist, the following things could happen:

• 1 person can be turned into a wolf (unknowingly) by the Alpha Wolf
  • 1 person, the Paranormal Investigator, could accidentally turn himself into another wolf.
  • 1 person, the Robber, could steal another person's role. If I understand correctly, this would happen after the first two things I listed happen and the population has developed a real lycanthropy problem.
  • 2 roles could be swapped by the Troublemaker. Seems very possible that one of them might be a wolf.
  • And the drunk could blindly swap herself with a wolf.

Does it make sense to start by finding out if either the troublemaker or the drunk exist and what they did? 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Does it make sense to start by finding out if either the troublemaker or the drunk exist and what they did? 

That, or the Insomniac who is the only one who knows for sure.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Yes and I'll keep semi-mum and say I do know that at least one of these two roles is in play... so only the people who were assigned either of these should claim them.  

Well, I don't know anything of use but I did do something last night, so I do not know how I am currently, but I know what I was at the beginning of the night, before I woke up. So I might be able to provide some help, once more information is shared.

2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Drunk and Insomniac, you're up. 

Where are you and what'd you do last night? 

What he said. It makes sense for the village roles to work backwards for us to figure out who's who and whether I'm still me and who got messed with. I started good, so unless someone swapped me for a wolf, I'm one of the good guys.

#weaponofchoice

17 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Well, as the (now former) Drunk, I can say that I swapped with Role A. I don't know if I'm a wolf or not, but that's about all the information I can supply. 

So, if anyone looked at or swapped anything with Role A, I'm whatever that role was last.

• Love 1

I swear, these games... If there were a paper instruction manual, this would the point where I pick it up and look at the back to see if there was something I didn't read.

So The Drunk:

Suppose the Alpha Wolf bit the drunk, or the Troublemaker swapped the Drunk with a Humble Villager. Is the deal that as far as @Lady Calypso knows, she swapped herself with Role A, but in reality she did no such thing because she was no longer The Drunk?

And! And... wait. So somehow @Drogo knew The Drunk was in play. If the Drunk had been bitten by the Alpha wolf, and let's say Drogo was the Mystic Wolf who could scry a player, would the scry return Drunk or Wolf?

I do know one thing. I wouldn't expect to hear from the insomniac if he's currently a wolf.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

And! And... wait. So somehow @Drogo knew The Drunk was in play. If the Drunk had been bitten by the Alpha wolf, and let's say Drogo was the Mystic Wolf who could scry a player, would the scry return Drunk or Wolf?

The Mystic Wolf goes after the Alpha Wolf, so had the AW turned the Drunk into a WW, the MW would receive a Wolf result when investigating the artist formerly known as Drunk.  Right @SVNBob, they would get the result based on the identity of the player at that point, with any actions that had already been done to them already done?

Also I never said I knew the Drunk was in play; I said I knew that at least one of the two (Troublemaker or Drunk) were in play.    

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Also I never said I knew the Drunk was in play; I said I knew that at least one of the two (Troublemaker or Drunk) were in play.   

I jumped to the conclusion after you first said you knew that one of the two roles was in play, but then followed up with:

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

You kinda implied which one of the two you knew about (in my head.)

The only other conclusion I jumped to so far is that @aquarian1 probably started out as a villager (or the dream wolf.)

We're still waiting to hear from three people, right? 

• Love 1