Type keyword(s) to search

Lady and the Tramp (2019)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

All the dogs they used are apparently rescues, and they found all of them homes when filming was completed.

I'm not even fond of Lady & the Tramp, and I may watch this just because of that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

1) are they going to present the cats as assholes (in a bad way)?

I far more interested in what they are doing with the cats than anything else. Apparently they're not going to be Siamese and Janelle Monae is reworking the Siamese Cat Song. 

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

2) will they have the good sense to just play Peggy Lee’s He’s A Tramp rather than have a current singer try to compete?

Monae is also voicing Peg so probably not. 

Edited by Guest

I think this is silly lol. I do not need a remake of every Disney movie.

Still they have the dogs walking the red carpet. What emotional blackmail from Disney lol. Damn.  They used Rescue dogs and they were all adopted. I could not tweet anything bad after hearing that. I am glad they found homes. Still cute blackmail lol.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, starri said:

All the dogs they used are apparently rescues, and they found all of them homes when filming was completed.

I'm not even fond of Lady & the Tramp, and I may watch this just because of that.

That’s really sweet. 

• Love 3

There's obvious CGI here though and I don't understand why they have to use that at all for this one. Real dogs have been trained to basically act in movies, it's been done forever. Why do their mouths have to move to talk, why can't they do the Homeward Bound thing, so they don't have to animate their faces and make them look weird?

• Love 4

I enjoyed the movie. It felt more like a remake rather than the same movie with minor changes. I only really had three complaints...

1. The beginning felt rushed, getting from plot point to plot point before feeling like it’s own movie. 

2. The dog catcher was annoyingly obsessed with Tramp. 

3. Tramp getting the fake death scene instead of Trusty. I would have preferred to keep it as Trusty or switch it up to Jock. 

I thought it was entertaining in its own right. Things I liked in particular...

- Lady gets to be more heroic.

- Tramp gets more of a journey himself. 

- The cats were so destructive, it was probably more entertaining than it should have been. Wow, they made the siamese cats from the original look tame by comparison.

- We actually get to see the baby.

8 hours ago, Meushell said:

I enjoyed the movie. It felt more like a remake rather than the same movie with minor changes. I only really had three complaints...

1. The beginning felt rushed, getting from plot point to plot point before feeling like it’s own movie. 

2. The dog catcher was annoyingly obsessed with Tramp. 

3. Tramp getting the fake death scene instead of Trusty. I would have preferred to keep it as Trusty or switch it up to Jock. 

I thought it was entertaining in its own right. Things I liked in particular...

- Lady gets to be more heroic.

- Tramp gets more of a journey himself. 

- The cats were so destructive, it was probably more entertaining than it should have been. Wow, they made the siamese cats from the original look tame by comparison.

- We actually get to see the baby.

I only got through a half hour or so before I turned it off. While the dogs are adorable, I didn't like it.

Lady wasn't Lady. I didn't like who was voicing her--in the original she was intrigued by Tramp--theirs wasn't an antagonistic relationship. She only turned away from him in the original after learning about all his..."women."

The POINT of the original movie of leaving the baby at home was to show Lady and Tramp protecting the baby from that RAT. To PROVE to horrid Aunt Sarah that Lady was more than a dog, but a family member.

I HATED how in this movie, Tramp's "predictions" about Jim Dear and Darling choosing the baby over her came true. And that they kept scolding her to be quiet because "the baby is sleeping!"

We did see the baby in the original. When Jim Dear held Lady up to the bassinet so she could see him; and again at the end.

Why a baby girl? And Jock is Jacqueline? Why?

I did love Sam Elliott as Trusty!

What was up with Tramp wanting to avoid his friends who had been caught and in the dog catcher's truck?

I stopped when the cats started tearing up the furniture.

It probably didn't help that I saw the original again right before giving this one a shot. The original was a Love Letter to all fur babies.

There isn't a SINGLE live version from the animated ones that I enjoy, let alone LIKE.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

We did see the baby in the original. When Jim Dear held Lady up to the bassinet so she could see him; and again at the end.

I forgot about the end. I was thinking more of the bassinet scene, which was more of a tease. Still, seeing the baby multiple times before the rat became a threat was better for the plot. 

Other than the baby point, is there a reason you quoted my entire post to give your opinion?

This was on the Disney Channel and sheer morbid curiosity was the only reason I watched.

To cut a long story short, I agree with everything @GHScorpiosRule said about this. The only saving graces were Sam Elliot as Trusty and F. Murray Abraham as Tony.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:12 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I HATED how in this movie, Tramp's "predictions" about Jim Dear and Darling choosing the baby over her came true. And that they kept scolding her to be quiet because "the baby is sleeping!"

Seriously! They did no such thing in the original. Lady was the honorary dog mama the second the baby was born. It was only stupid Aunt Sarah that thought she was bad for the baby.

And turning the dog catcher and Aunt Sarah into full on villains was just dumb. One of the best things about the original cartoon is that there was no villain (except for that nasty rat). The dog catcher was just doing his job and Aunt Sarah was just a bitch that hated dogs, but she was concerned for the baby’s welfare. And to be fair, after she found out Tramp was innocent she apparently warmed up to dogs enough to send Lady and Tramp’s puppies presents.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2