Type keyword(s) to search

Mad Men Mafia

• Start Topic

I'm here! Sorry guys, life has been getting in my way. I've said before I'm terrible at finding the clues but the cat one does stick out so...

7 to DL CuriousParker (Machiabelly, JayKay, BizBuzz, Spruce, Silverstormm, MarkHB, Lisin) 1 to wave your hands in the air like you just don't care.

• Love 1
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go back to the early in the topic to find what I meant - it's not unheard of for a game moderator to give 'fake' clues, apparently. So I was just referencing that as a possibility. Just a thought.

Oh I'm positive there are always red herrings, I just didn't see why you thought that that specifically was one of them, let's face it - for all any of use heroes know, any 'clue' could be a red herring. 

• Love 1

Oh, I don't know. Call me paranoid, but the real influencing factor there could have been the first part of your post.

That's normal, though. If discussion is going, most mods will extend the deadline a little.

I haven't checked in in a while, but catching up now, I would have voted for CP also. Just for the record. :p

Thanks. I don't feel so bad now.

Okay, I know what I'm going to write, so I'll start working on it after ttm takes me to dinner. I'll call it night, and leave a pitcher of beer at the bar.

Since I'm actually home this week, there is no restriction on sending me Night Actions.

• Love 1

In my defense, Stacy Kiebler is really, really freaking hot.  So there's that.

Abso-damn-lutely. That's part of how I finally put that clue together. Those 41.5 inch legs are burned into my memory.

One thing I'll note about the SVNBob DL is that we can't really tell anything gameplay-wise from it.  He was an unrecruited recruit, meaning that the villains probably didn't know who he was, so from their POV it was most likely a DL of a hero.

Finally someone figured it out. Told you it was a mistake to DL me, but no... you all had to DL me in this game based on my actions 3 games ago.  Never mind that I helped the Heroes win 2 games ago, partly due to the deciphering of the above clue.  But no one can trust me apparently.

So I'll just be sitting in this corner of the bar, alone, drinking.  Keep the martinis coming.

• Love 1

Abso-damn-lutely. That's part of how I finally put that clue together. Those 41.5 inch legs are burned into my memory.

Finally someone figured it out. Told you it was a mistake to DL me, but no... you all had to DL me in this game based on my actions 3 games ago.  Never mind that I helped the Heroes win 2 games ago, partly due to the deciphering of the above clue.  But no one can trust me apparently.

So I'll just be sitting in this corner of the bar, alone, drinking.  Keep the martinis coming.

Not all of us DL'd you Bob, I abstained as I wasn't convinced one way or the other.

Hey, you're not the only one dead. And we might be joined by another soon. Though whether Hero or not remains to be seen...

I'm having eggs for breakfast so a mimosa would be great.

• Love 1

Buys Bob a Martini. If it makes you feel better, I wasn't here in those games. So my idea had nothing to do with preconceived notions. I'll take a Gin and gingerale

Not all of us DL'd you Bob, I abstained as I wasn't convinced one way or the other.

*sigh*  Sorry you two.  I did go a bit overboard and painted everyone with the same brush.  Guess I was still stinging a little.

• Love 2

Okay, those of you who have known me for a few years, you know those sinus headaches I complain about? Well, they've been becoming more frequent and more severe over the past year, so I made an appointment to see my doctor.

Yesterday, on my way in to see her, another headache was starting up. Fun. As I'm describing the symptoms and pain levels to her, she burst my bubble. It seems that I've been having migraines this whole time!

And yes, I have one right now.

• Love 1

Apparently, it split into two fronts; coastal southern York County, near the NH border, got c. 20" in spots.  Washington County, way Down East near New Brunswick, was similar.  In the middle, very little.  But they still cancelled my trash pickup for this week.  :(

• Love 1

All this talk of wild weather you guys are experiencing....here in the UK we sometimes get our share of awful weather too.

Attached is a photo illustrating the damage caused to a neighbours home from a bad storm that passed through parts of England the other night; it really makes you cherish what you have and reminds all of us not to take things for granted.

Spoiler tagged for those without strong dispositions.

2XnJVaH.jpg

• Love 10

I think 'toasty' may be overstating things just a teensy bit. :p

With the negative -40 winds (C and F are equal at this point) we've had the last two days, anything above 0 is toasty for me right now.

• Love 3

Thanks for the good health wishes, everyone! I'm loving some of these weather comments and would love to join in on that conversation. However!! I have a very brief story to post for Night.

Night Three
A CGC conference room:
Waiting for Bob to arrive, Ted and Duck were wondering how they were going to deal with the fall-out from their latest venture. CGC had just lost a client to SCDP and Jim had called in a favor to find the weak link.

“Frankly, Duck, I’m not sure we’re going to be able to trust you as easily after this.” Ted wasn’t happy about the head-hunter’s apparent lack of due diligence.

“It isn’t like this is the sort of thing that pops up in a background check, you know.”

“I can’t exactly end this... relationship between our company and you. Garner seems to want you around a little longer.” Ted sighed. “However....”

Just then, there was a knock at the door. Moments later, the door opened and Bob Benson peeked in. “You wanted to see me, Mr. Chaough?”

Ted rose and moved to the bar. “Come in, Bob. We need to talk.”

Greetings were made, drinks offered and poured and seats were taken before Duck spoke. “Bob, I’m sorry about this.”

“I’m not sure what Mr. Phillips missed, Bob,” Ted jumped right in, “but we can’t have you in this office any longer. Go home and pack your bags. This is a ticket for tonight’s train to Indianapolis. From there, you’ll be going to Muncie.”

“Muncie?”

“Good bye and good luck, Bob.”

“Muncie?!?”

Bert’s office:
Bert, Don and Lane sat in silence, drinking to numb the fact of losing Roger. They’d given up trying to figure out just what Garner and CGC had on him, instead coming to grips with the idea that they were going to have to reshuffle some things internally.

“Well,” Bert sighed. “I suppose this is the year Mr. Campbell’s dream comes true.”

“Cooper, Campbell, Draper, Pryce?” Lane asked.

Don just shuddered.

Contract renegotiated:
SVNBob - Freddy Rumsen – recruitable by either – Since being fired by Sterling and Cooper, and let’s be honest, it was a long time in coming, you’ve been at loose ends. You want to get back into the business and would prefer to work with Don, but.... Beggars can’t be choosers, so you’ll join the villains if CGC find you first. Until then, you may vote as you wish but you have no special powers.

TJtrack99 - Roger Sterling – Hero – Lately you’ve been coasting on your charm, which does go a long way, but you’re also a go-getter professionally and personally. Did anyone say “twins?”

Curious Parker - Bob Benson – Villain, investigator – You’re a mystery to everyone around you, making you a perfect choice to sneak around and gather information. With the ability to investigate one player each night you can share that information with your team. You should also know that Freddy Rumsen is looking for work. If you find him first, he’ll become a member of your team.

Active accounts:
Athena
Machiabelly
photo fox
Silverstormm
The Crazed Spruce
jessied112
Lisin
TMunz
JayKay
BizBuzz
stacey
MarkHB
writingdreamer
Dougal

It is still night and I'll be spending the next 24 hours working on a new story.

There are NO clues.

• Love 5

https://www.facebook.com/142551811174/photos/a.209416026174.140133.142551811174/10152595087996175/?type=1&theater

On January 26th the Charlottetown airport (30 miles from me) had no snow on the ground. As of today...122 inches! And we had a few more hours of snow than they did. This weekend top gust wind speed was 100 mph. Yes those are inches and mph. Not metric.

ETA link to hi res sattelite pic of my island

Edited by Machiabelly
  • Love 1

https://www.facebook.com/142551811174/photos/a.209416026174.140133.142551811174/10152595087996175/?type=1&theater

On January 26th the Charlottetown airport (30 miles from me) had no snow on the ground. As of today...122 inches! And we had a few more hours of snow than they did. This weekend top gust wind speed was 100 mph. Yes those are inches and mph. Not metric.

ETA link to hi res sattelite pic of my island

Okay, I no longer live in Canada and even when I did, I wasn't that far east. Given what's been hitting all y'all out east, I'm glad I started heading west.

Even if I'm in Winterpeg, South.

Story is in for review and will be up soonish.

Oh, and yes, Mark, Spruce and TJ, every time I say "all y'all," I do giggle and think of how it would annoy HM.

• Love 2

Day Four
The SCDP Conference room: (Lane, Don, Bert, Pete, Peggy, Harry)
Bert had called the partners and department heads together to come to an agreement about what was to come of the company now that Roger had been forced out. Ultimately, it was agreed with Lane’s suggestion that Pete would be promoted from junior to full partner and Ken would be given several of Pete’s accounts in order to allow him the time for his new duties.

Peggy raised an eyebrow at Don who opined that Ken might not be as excited about the developments as he was being given credit for.

Harry grumbled that, once again, his department brought in most of the money and got the least respect.

Outside Don’s office: (Stan, Ginz, Mrs. B, Ken)
Ken and Stan arrived at Mrs. Blankenship’s desk simultaneously, each hoping to get some time on Don’s schedule that afternoon. The older woman was nodding over her typewriter ignoring the men, despite the strenuous insistence from each that “he” be granted a three-thirty meeting.

“Oh, come on, Cosgrove. The Samsonite campaign is in trouble and Draper needs to get something clear.”

“What are you talking about, Stan?”

“He wants us to spin it out, but he doesn’t understand my generation.”

Ken laughed.

When Ginsberg showed up to offer support to Stan’s argument, the secretary slumped forward, her hands sliding off the keyboard. The astonished men looked at her, then at each other, wondering what to do.

Carefully reaching over, Ken gently shook her shoulder and got no response. “I... I think she’s dead.”

“Who’s gonna tell Cooper?” wondered Ginz.

The White Horse Tavern: (Ted, Jim and Lee Garner, Jr.)
The three businessmen were discussing their results. While Ted was happy that Roger had been sent away, Lee still wanted Don gone. Jim wasn’t enthused about having to work with Duck since Bob, his apparent protégé and his recruitment of Freddy Rumsen hadn’t been as successful as they’d been led to believe.

“Okay, if you want to keep that Duck around, fine, but from now on, we’re gonna do this my way.” And he began to outline his plan.

Contract renegotiated:
SVNBob - Freddy Rumsen – recruitable by either – Since being fired by Sterling and Cooper, and let’s be honest, it was a long time in coming, you’ve been at loose ends. You want to get back into the business and would prefer to work with Don, but.... Beggars can’t be choosers, so you’ll join the villains if CGC find you first. Until then, you may vote as you wish but you have no special powers.

TJtrack99 - Roger Sterling – Hero – Lately you’ve been coasting on your charm, which does go a long way, but you’re also a go-getter professionally and personally. Did anyone say “twins?”

Curious Parker - Bob Benson – Villain, investigator – You’re a mystery to everyone around you, making you a perfect choice to sneak around and gather information. With the ability to investigate one player each night you can share that information with your team. You should also know that Freddy Rumsen is looking for work. If you find him first, he’ll become a member of your team.

Machiabelly  - Mrs. Blankenship – Hero – You are an astronaut; the Queen of Perversions; the best secretary Don Draper ever had, and probably the only one he hasn’t slept with besides Peggy. You’ve certainly been around the block with your share of leadership though. Bert Cooper will never forget.

Active accounts:
Athena
photo fox
Silverstormm
The Crazed Spruce
jessied112
Lisin
TMunz
JayKay
BizBuzz
stacey
MarkHB
writingdreamer
Dougal

There is ONE clue in this story.

Okay, it's Day and you've got 48 hours to figure something out.

Oh, and yes, I'm kind of in a writing slump. Sorry.

Edited by caprice
  • Love 3